Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 22
Postums wrote:
BIGBIRD956 wrote:
What happened to Halo CE???? This update is horrible! Is this temporary? Or? Gameplay feels really weird. Doesn’t feel like halo ce anymore. Please tell me this is temporary 🙏
What specifically are you talking about?
OS depletes faster when shot.. vehicle physics seem to be off a bit (don’t know how to describe it just feels off).. flag on capture the flag isn’t instant touch return. Sniper shot registration feels off ....overall it just doesn’t feel like halo ce before this yapenning update... it just doesn’t play the same.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm unable to play Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Either through matchmaking or custom games, as soon as my game loads into the match I'm immediately kicked. When I do this through matchmaking I'm kicked to an indefinite loading screen. When through custom games I manage to get in game, but then the game perceives me as having "won" and ends immediately before I even spawn once. The game does not get stuck in a loading screen in this case though. This started occurring after one of the updates last year (can't recall which one), and hasn't gone away. I've deleted the game and re-downloaded it, tried playing the game from an external hard-drive, and even tried playing the game on someone else's console with my profile. This leads me to believe it's tied to my account in some way, though I'm unsure if that's possible. I've posted a few times on here with past updates, but this time I've included a link to recordings of this happening in custom games after this most recent update.
  • REPRO STEPS: I just need to play a match, nothing particular about it. See video links below. I can reproduce any time, and it only occurs with Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Two videos of this occurring:
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594033
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594117
Game: Halo 2 Classic
ISSUE: Hit Registration with the BR

I've been playing a LOT of Halo MCC lately, and a lot of big team games, specifically the Yappening (whatever its called) gametype....the one where you hear kids yelling "Yay!" constantly. Anyway, the long distance hit registration seems to be way off. Bullets don't hit from across the map at all, or dont feel like they are. Halo 3's feels off at times too, but Halo 2 feels just as bad, if not worse.

I've been a Halo player back in the system link Halo CE days.....and I was really good at Halo 2 on XBL back in the day. I recognize I'm not as skillful now at it, and my reactions aren't great now that I'm much older....but still, I shouldn't feel like I'm THIS bad at the game. My aim isn't that horrible. You guys really should work on hit registration....like it should be a big focus on all titles, especially Halo 1-3.

Maybe implement something that indicates you hit the target like Halo 5 has? I know Halo 5 shows an "X" that indicates you hit your target. I think Halo 4 has something similar. Implementing this somehow for older titles, even as just an option in the menus, would be nice. Back in the day, wasn't so much an issue. But with all the issues MCC still has, this is something that could be done. These older titles could really use it. It'd then be easier to determine, once implemented, if hit registration is still off or not.

Something to think about.
This ranking system is fundamentally broken. In H2C Hardcore I'm a Rank 8 matching with all Rank 1s against a mix of various ranks from 5 to 10. Please implement H3's TrueSkill for Ranked playlists, I don't even care about earning my ranks back.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic and halo 3 so far
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The menu, title, and loading screens have audio, but the games themselves do not.
  • REPRO STEPS: NA
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/striketiff95/video/72596387 https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/striketiff95/video/72596409
Saam92 wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm unable to play Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Either through matchmaking or custom games, as soon as my game loads into the match I'm immediately kicked. When I do this through matchmaking I'm kicked to an indefinite loading screen. When through custom games I manage to get in game, but then the game perceives me as having "won" and ends immediately before I even spawn once. The game does not get stuck in a loading screen in this case though. This started occurring after one of the updates last year (can't recall which one), and hasn't gone away. I've deleted the game and re-downloaded it, tried playing the game from an external hard-drive, and even tried playing the game on someone else's console with my profile. This leads me to believe it's tied to my account in some way, though I'm unsure if that's possible. I've posted a few times on here with past updates, but this time I've included a link to recordings of this happening in custom games after this most recent update.
  • REPRO STEPS: I just need to play a match, nothing particular about it. See video links below. I can reproduce any time, and it only occurs with Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Two videos of this occurring:
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594033
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594117
This is happening to me as well. I'm unable to get in an H2A games because I get kicked out
Game: CE
Issue: 75 kill games drag on, and when people start quitting out it’s downright unbearable to hunt 1-2 players down enough times to finish the game. I know I’m not the only person who enjoys CE because the games are fast-paced and end more quickly than other halo games.
Finally, I wanna state that the situation balance hasn't improved at all; games are completely random and one-sided, and moreover, people quitting games and being AFK are still actual facts. So, to finish this problem there are two ways: either include a hidden rank into Social or mix Competitive with the Composer in a new way (which would also decrease the population issues). And a Join In Progress feature is a must nowadays, bans have improved but not removed the issues.
This. It's just impossible to play an even match outside of BTB, doesn't matter at what time you search. And combined with the annoying laggy games matches are getting boring and feel like a waste of time.

I suggest to add a rank in Social too, this situation is non sense and at least that could make people feel they're improving at some point, even if it just reflects experience and not skill.

Talking about 2v2 maps: Elongation is a good option in my opinion.
75 kill games are way too long for Halo CE 4v4s, change it to 50 kills.
Brandabs wrote:
Brandabs wrote:
Oh my. Are you kidding me 343? Why would you enable grunt birthday party? I'm currently AFK in a H2C SWAT game to get on here and say please take this off. It is maddening and does not make me want to play at all. I would understand if it were just one day on April fools, but why you'd enable this full time I'll never know. P l e a s e remove grunt birthday party from matchmaking. This whole YapYap thing is nonsense, and is about as forced as can be. 343 has been doing pretty well and a lot of this update was a great improvement, but some of the recent decisions have been a thumbs down from me.
The Grunt Birthday Party deaths are only during the event which will end on the 24th. If you find this displeasing, then perhaps you should just either tough through it if you wish to play so badly or play another game type until the event is over? This event is not new; perhaps to MCC it is, but this event was on Halo Wars 2 last year and I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's just a fun little thing the developers wanted to do.

A lot of players often criticize developers for not doing enough or any little fun events and they can't please everyone, but perhaps instead of complaining about something that does not really make the game unplayable, you can just enjoy a little fun content while it's around? If you can't find any enjoyment in it, if even a little, then I'm sorry that is the case. Regardless, you can't just tell a developer to NOT make content or that they can't change things up a little for some fun, and this isn't something that's going to be around forever.
Why would I, or anyone, enjoy hundreds of "YAY!!!!"s every hour? Absolutely mind numbing.
I mean, people turn on Grunt Birthday Party in campaign all the time. If that doesn't annoy them then they either aren't very good at getting headshots, they don't play missions with a lot of Grunts, or they genuinely just find the sound effect hilarious no matter how many times it goes off.

Remember; just because YOU don't like something, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I've mentioned this issue on Twitter but games need to go back to the 50 kill limit rather than 75 kills which really just drags every match out longer than it should. Many of my online friends who play CE regularly are now not playing due to this drastic change so I don't see how this is a positive change for the Halo CE social playlist in any way. It was never a wish by Halo pros or anyone who has been playing H1 LAN since the beginning or when I played it personally on a college LAN. Please change it back.
  • REPRO STEPS: N/A
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
GAME: All of MCC
ISSUE: Infection still not a playable online game type.
REPRO: N/A
ADDITIONAL INFO: Please don’t let infection be gone until the end of the yap thing. April 24th? Too far for the best game type available in halo, especially after bringing back halo 3 bees, frogger, sacrifice, etc. Please the community begs you to return infection. PLEASE...
Halo 2 vehicle customization options are now absent due to the new additions of different settings. You can no longer choose which vehicles spawn on the maps or if no vehicles spawn at all. The only vehicle related option is allowance of vehicle operation.
iiBloxorz wrote:
Halo 2 vehicle customization options are now absent due to the new additions of different settings. You can no longer choose which vehicles spawn on the maps or if no vehicles spawn at all. The only vehicle related option is allowance of vehicle operation.
All preexisting vehicle settings, including the vehicle spawn settings you mentioned, are still present in [game mode] > Options > Vehicle Options. No settings have been removed.
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • FEEDBACK: With the addition of skulls and the Foreign skull it seems like if you're playing as an Elite you should only be able to pick up Covenant weapons. Seems like it would allow you to make gametypes that are specific to character types.
iiBloxorz wrote:
All preexisting vehicle settings, including the vehicle spawn settings you mentioned, are still present in [game mode] > Options > Vehicle Options. No settings have been removed.
Oh thanks, I must have missed that somehow lol
Darth Nint wrote:
To those who felt Halo 3 was "off" due to its spotty hitbox, what do you think of the new update?
Because I've just finished playing a bunch of games, and I have to say that H3 has never felt so good as it did right now. I could finally hold my own with the BR and win 1v1 duels: I even managed to kill people across the map, which was bordeline impossible to do before. Seriously, everything felt right, like if I was playing locally.
This was the exact experience I was hoping for when Dan Ayoub promised dedicated servers back at E3 five years ago: I always felt MCC never delivered on that promise, even with the latest updates. Sure, the matchmaking is fast now, and almost every bug has been fixed, but the moment to moment gameplay when playing H3 online has never felt right to me, even if I was playing on dedicated server (I'm from Italy). Until tonight.
I'm really hoping this wasn't just a one-off lucky streak of games, because if it is thanks to the new refresh rate of the servers, then this update is a sorely needed game changer! :D

Also, the new loading screens are lovely!
After playing some more, I'm gutted to report that it was just a streak of lucky games.
I mean, I still occasionally get to play on a EU server, where the game feels just right and fair, but 90% of my matches sadly take place on the East US server, where my BR is just unreliable because of the higher ping.
Why I did get an awesome experience that day, even when playing on US servers, while the game has now returned to its former self pre-update, I don't know.
And it hurts, because I genuinely believed this update would be the one to finally fix my latency issues with H3: at this point, the only solution would be to give us the option to CHOOSE our datacenter. A solution I still understand why 343i hasn't implemented yet. And I don't mean just for the MCC.
I remember that when the H5 beta ended, Josh Holmes promised there would be an option to choose our datacenter in the final version of the game: needless to say, this promise was not kept. Instead 343i said that their matchmaking algorithms would automatically ensure games with a good connection: well, guess what, these algorithms didn't work back then, and they certainly don't work now, at least to the degree where they feel reasonably reliable. But while H5 received some options to better tailor our matchmaking experience, MCC received none.
The problem is that the MCC doesn't even seem to try to find a game in a EU server: instead, after something like 3-5 seconds of search, it immediately connects me to a US server. Why can't I wait a little longer so I can get a game with a better connection?

343i, I don't know if you truly read every post that gets written in these feedback threads, or if you care enough about the EU population since it's just a fraction of the US one, but if you are reading this and you DO care, then please consider adding the option to choose our datacenters. And if you can't or you don't want to, at least tell us WHY.

I hope I didn't sound too entitled, but man, I remember buying Titanfall, choosing my datacenter and thinking that complaining about lag and latency would be a thing of the past: and yet here I am, complaining about this very same issue 5 years later! D:
Infection, can we have it back please?

It's the only game type I really play, and if I have to wait a month, I'm just not going to play Halo.

Please being back infection
People get defensive about their Infection. Seriously, don't mess with our Infection mode.
Just a question, why is it I always get an East Coast server when I'm in California. It's just frustrating because they eat my bullets and skip too much. Then I realized that if people don't get the server or game mode they want they dashboard. No penalty. Kinda dumb... I'm okay with a North Central server or even a South server but an East Coast server... it kinda sucks big time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 22