Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 22
Brandabs wrote:
Having recently played Halo CE multiplayer on MCC... I think that the Pistol REALLY needs to be rebalanced. Every other weapon in the game is pretty much useless because of how overpowered the M6D is thanks to the MCC using the PC port and not patching the pistol's damage output properly. I love the pistol, but it needs to be seriously tuned and rebalanced so that the other weapons are actually worth using. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this request, but the pistol... needs to be de-powered by a degree, at least in multiplayer. It's too powerful and that completely throws off the game's balance.
Nope, it's great how it is.
The pistol is the main reason I prefer CE. I really enjoy it's power and prefer it over BR's anyday. No nerf needed at all imo.
Naukrai wrote:
In the lobby when I view all the maps, Avalanche appears twice.
Can you get a screenshot of this?
Thankfully I think it was one of those one time glitches because it no longer is like that. One showed up above, closer to the Halo 2 maps, and the other showed up a few maps before the Halo 4 maps. So idk how I made that glitch happen; but if I see it again I’ll certainly send you a screenshot.
Terribly Servers Im from Germany (Europe)
connected always Us East laggy as hell servers.... l....FFA Ranked... North America Players always wins what pay for

u guys really Nationalism? or bad ? no more 34$ Games
ranked halo 4?
I know this being extremely picky, and it may not have annoyed anyone else, but you could just add the gun outline for the multiplayer loading screen instead of always using the Halo 4 gun icon. Like on SWAT or slayer BR's even if I'm in halo 2 classic it has a picture of the Halo 4 BR at the top. You just just use the icon you see when you want to pick a BR off the ground in Halo 2 if it's Halo 2.
Woukd love to see ranked Slayer only playlists added again, especially for h2 classic and h3. some people don't enjoy playing objective every other game and just wanna slay
Honestly, I'm surprised we even got an update while you guys were working on Reach and MCC on PC! Kudos. Great update too, the tick rate increase is fantastic, and the new loading screens make the game look so much more polished and it's really nice to see what kind of game I'm queued for while loading the map!

It's really nit-picky, but one thing I can mention is during the new loading screens the "hints" text stands out a lot. My eyes usually lock-on to that more than the other info on the screen, which I would consider to be more useful to me. Maybe if the color was toned down or a prefix, eg. "Hint:" would help blend it better with the rest of the screen? Like I said, super nit-picky haha.

Besides that, I find a couple of the Yapppening gametypes to be a little too ridiculous. In Yappening Wargames, it's more annoying than fun that you lose a random HUD element, otherwise it's one of the better gamemodes. But Methane Moshpit has to probably be my least favorite. The hill just turns into a back-whacking party since the super-combines of the needler are uncommon and sometimes ineffective. Also Brute Shoot is just standing relatively still and continuously shooting down corridors until one of your shots bounces into an enemy doing the exact same thing, feels super random and not very rewarding for "playing well".

Regardless, I appreciate the continued updates and support and I had a good time playing with these gametypes!
Gotta be honest about 343, you guys have really tuned Halo around and I see a big revival happening soon!!!!!!!!
I'm very confused with the new name plates I'm positive I got 250 grunt headshot kills or over and this is the "Shut your Yap" nameplate. It appears I still didn't receive it. My gt is The Manson 96
PLEASE lower the weighting of btb heavies Fiesta. Regular is basically non existent now.
I'm very confused with the new name plates I'm positive I got 250 grunt headshot kills or over and this is the "Shut your Yap" nameplate. It appears I still didn't receive it. My gt is The Manson 96
Nvm I got the two new name plates now
Nvm I got the two new name plates now
Ye they were manually granted so about 24h delay. Aye, your tag screams Antichrist Superstar, I dig it! Imma add you just for that fam
halo CE
the controls feel less intuitive then they did previously so i dont know whats changed but i can feel a delay between when i press the button and my caricature acts both in custom game and multi player.

i tried it on different machines and with different controllers so it seems to be an issue with the game

for reference i use zoom and shoot with the highest sensitivity.

i own the disc copy but there are no scratches or any damage that i can tell..
I think it would be a nice addition to Include a "party up" button after the game is complete.

If you had a good game with the teammates you just played with, just simply click that button, and everyone who has selected the party up button stays together until they officially leave.
This feature was in Halo 3 on 360. I'd love to see it make a return in MCC.

NoEsPaul wrote:
Why does every type of mode HAVE to be BR?? Can that be a separate game mode all together? I feel that really ruins a lot of the pace of the matches.
It's actually the complete opposite, AR/SMG starts are pretty awful in classic Halo across the board. But I'd love to hear more casual perspectives on why spawning with a useful weapon "ruins the pace of the matches"?

H2c and H3 still have broken melees and H2c still has BR trading that needs to be fixed these things have been issues for 6+ months now. The deranking glitch also needs to be addressed where if you ranked up with multiple wins in a row and turn off your Xbox then come back later your rank is reset, it’s a real annoying issue.

Also 343 please listen to the H2c community and add a ranked H2c FFA which has been asked for countless times by many many players.

thank you
I concur with these sentiments. Trading in H2C happens in way too many of my BR fights; this has been an issue since MCC was released. And having some way to play Middy FFA, even if it's just in the Match Composer would be a welcome addition.

KB C0BRA wrote:
Brandabs wrote:
-snip-
Yes! Ranked ffa lone wolf Halo 2 please!
Either this or ranked H2 doubles. Even if it's just rotational, it would be nice to have more than one ranked H2 playlist.

Kurtimus wrote:
yapp yapp nameplates are still not unlocking like cmon hurry up i wanna unlock them already and in h2c sometimes u spawn with no crosshairs on ur weapons. also it says u can unlock 1 of the 2 said nameplayes by playing 7 games of 4v4 in yappyapps playlist or 7 games in 8v8? but u cant choose yappyapps playlist when 8v8 is slected so how do we unlock the nameplates for 8v8? and hurry up about it i wanna get my 250 headshots nameplate and my 7 games of yappyapps playlist already. hurry tf up and make them unlockable already. and h3 still lags worse than ever. the changes u made sound good but did nothing. i like the new loading screens. know why? because my lowest ping is 52 ms on west US server and when i load into games i am loading into east US servers with a 93 ms ping to the east US. ugh. im gonna buy a net duma router and block all traffic that isnt inside my country. like cmon this is pathetic. how about some geo mapping. put players on servers with the lowest ping relevant to their location. like cmonnnnnn.... get WITH IT! done.
Example A of how to post the complete opposite of valuable feedback...also the rest of your posts make you seem like a whiny child.

iiBloxorz wrote:
This ranking system is fundamentally broken. In H2C Hardcore I'm a Rank 8 matching with all Rank 1s against a mix of various ranks from 5 to 10. Please implement H3's TrueSkill for Ranked playlists, I don't even care about earning my ranks back.
I completely disagree. I never want to deal with H3's Trueskill nonsense ever again. Implementing a exp or progression based system into MCC is the better solution.

-snip-
ADDITIONAL INFO: Please don’t let infection be gone until the end of the yap thing. April 24th? Too far for the best game type available in halo, especially after bringing back halo 3 bees, frogger, sacrifice, etc. Please the community begs you to return infection. PLEASE...
And this my friends, is what we refer to as a highly subjective opinion.

Please take off the ban system on mcc. I get banned for leaving one game for 10 to 20 minutes because I don't want to get spawn trapped.
Have you considered trying not to spawn so much?

Having recently played Halo CE multiplayer on MCC... I think that the Pistol REALLY needs to be rebalanced. Every other weapon in the game is pretty much useless because of how overpowered the M6D is thanks to the MCC using the PC port and not patching the pistol's damage output properly. I love the pistol, but it needs to be seriously tuned and rebalanced so that the other weapons are actually worth using. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this request, but the pistol... needs to be de-powered by a degree, at least in multiplayer. It's too powerful and that completely throws off the game's balance.
Yeah no...it might behoove you to read the discussion in this thread.
Yeah no...it might behoove you to read the discussion in this thread.
Well, there's a difference between the OG X-Box version of the pistol in multiplayer and the MCC version in multiplayer. The Original X-Box version was actually balanced for multiplayer, while the MCC version, based on Gearbox's port, is not. I understand that the H1 Pistol is special in people's hearts, and it is to me as well, but I just think it would be nice to be able to play Halo CE multiplayer without having every other weapon be made useless by a single overpowered weapon.
4/10/19 playlist update, it’s nice we’ll be able to play FFA with any halo in the composer good update so far, below is a quote from today’s update post regarding ranked.

“With FFA support for all titles provided in social games, ranked Lone Wolves will be rotating out. We’ll be monitoring feedback to assess the potential for the introduction of a new ranked or hardcore FFA hopper in the future while the core FFA experience will remain in Match Composer.”

Lots of us have been providing feedback for months now that we would like to see a 6 player ranked H2c FFA, so hopefully that will finally be coming.
I can't wait for an awesome 8 player Rumble Pit! Multi-Team will still stay, yes? I really do hope it stays, love them both equally!
-snip-

Lots of us have been providing feedback for months now that we would like to see a 8 player ranked H2c FFA on Midship/Lockout, so hopefully that will finally be coming.
FTFY
-snip-
Well, there's a difference between the OG X-Box version of the pistol in multiplayer and the MCC version in multiplayer. The Original X-Box version was actually balanced for multiplayer, while the MCC version, based on Gearbox's port, is not. I understand that the H1 Pistol is special in people's hearts, and it is to me as well, but I just think it would be nice to be able to play Halo CE multiplayer without having every other weapon be made useless by a single overpowered weapon.
Sounds like the remedy to your issue would be to actually have the weapons in CE behave like they do on OG. I still don't understand why I can't stun people with the Plasma Rifle in MCC. Worsening the pistol would do absolutely nothing to alliterate your gripes.
Pls add tanks back to btb, the whole point on playing btb was to play with vehicles and the tanks are the best vehicles
The motion tracker should be re-enabled for social games in Halo: CE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 22