Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 22
Weird, I got to level 21 In 2v2 yesterday then when I signed on today it reverted back to 17. Something glitched.
RJLXBL wrote:
Weird, I got to level 21 In 2v2 yesterday then when I signed on today it reverted back to 17. Something glitched.
This is a constant issue in ranked. 343 please fix
Playlist additions are great and wanted, but with so many new additions, populations in certain ones will suffer. The answer is to allow multiple sizes to be selected.

For example, as a lone player, I feel like playing 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, FFA, and 8v8. Well, if I'm only picking 2v2, I can't help out that 1v1 guy looking for a player, or the 8v8 game who desperately needs their last guy. Low population playlists are only low population because we have constrained people to pick one party size. It's too much division and does not allow for maximum overlap.

Personally I think it'd be awesome to be in a 1v1 and then randomly be thrown into 8v8s, 4v4s, etc. Gives me a ton of variety and I'd have to play for a long time before things got stale.

Also, please include the 8v8 mayhem CE playlist in the next update:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/introducing-a-new-8v8-playlist-mayhem-8v8-halo-ce/c521773e-7c43-4a87-a1c7-98743901ee45/posts?page=1
Saam92 wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: I'm unable to play Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Either through matchmaking or custom games, as soon as my game loads into the match I'm immediately kicked. When I do this through matchmaking I'm kicked to an indefinite loading screen. When through custom games I manage to get in game, but then the game perceives me as having "won" and ends immediately before I even spawn once. The game does not get stuck in a loading screen in this case though. This started occurring after one of the updates last year (can't recall which one), and hasn't gone away. I've deleted the game and re-downloaded it, tried playing the game from an external hard-drive, and even tried playing the game on someone else's console with my profile. This leads me to believe it's tied to my account in some way, though I'm unsure if that's possible. I've posted a few times on here with past updates, but this time I've included a link to recordings of this happening in custom games after this most recent update.
  • REPRO STEPS: I just need to play a match, nothing particular about it. See video links below. I can reproduce any time, and it only occurs with Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Two videos of this occurring:
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594033
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saam92/video/72594117
This is happening to me as well. I'm unable to get in an H2A games because I get kicked out
Are you able to post some recordings of it happening to you too? Getting more video proof might help bring awareness to this.
Playlist additions are great and wanted, but with so many new additions, populations in certain ones will suffer. The answer is to allow multiple sizes to be selected.

For example, as a lone player, I feel like playing 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, FFA, and 8v8. Well, if I'm only picking 2v2, I can't help out that 1v1 guy looking for a player, or the 8v8 game who desperately needs their last guy. Low population playlists are only low population because we have constrained people to pick one party size. It's too much division and does not allow for maximum overlap.

Personally I think it'd be awesome to be in a 1v1 and then randomly be thrown into 8v8s, 4v4s, etc. Gives me a ton of variety and I'd have to play for a long time before things got stale.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/introducing-a-new-8v8-playlist-mayhem-8v8-halo-ce/c521773e-7c43-4a87-a1c7-98743901ee45/posts?page=1
I think this is a cool idea. I'm not sure if this impacts the matchmaking algorithm or not, but it definitely allows for a unique variety of matchmaking experiences. I wonder if there would also be a way to prioritize specific settings. Weighting for a specific game or game type might be too constricting, but perhaps weighting on lobby sizes would give some unique variety, permitting your party size meets the team size criteria. This could be something cool to test with the insider build.

Alternatively, maybe this is something that is best left for the eventual custom games browser.
halo CE
the controls feel less intuitive then they did previously so i dont know whats changed but i can feel a delay between when i press the button and my caricature acts both in custom game and multi player.

i tried it on different machines and with different controllers so it seems to be an issue with the game

for reference i use zoom and shoot with the highest sensitivity.

i own the disc copy but there are no scratches or any damage that i can tell..
Just in case you weren't aware, a recent update for MCC added a modern aiming option to Halo CE, 2, and 3 that was enabled by default. You can actually toggle it off, so if you haven't tested this it's worth checking out (I actually love the modern aiming, but I appreciate that it was made optional!).

They also added more granular aiming options for each game, which you can also try tweaking. I'd link to the actual updates, but linking from mobile is a pain.

Hope this helps!
-snip-

Lots of us have been providing feedback for months now that we would like to see a 8 player ranked H2c FFA on Midship/Lockout, so hopefully that will finally be coming.
FTFY
-snip-
Well, there's a difference between the OG X-Box version of the pistol in multiplayer and the MCC version in multiplayer. The Original X-Box version was actually balanced for multiplayer, while the MCC version, based on Gearbox's port, is not. I understand that the H1 Pistol is special in people's hearts, and it is to me as well, but I just think it would be nice to be able to play Halo CE multiplayer without having every other weapon be made useless by a single overpowered weapon.
Sounds like the remedy to your issue would be to actually have the weapons in CE behave like they do on OG. I still don't understand why I can't stun people with the Plasma Rifle in MCC. Worsening the pistol would do absolutely nothing to alliterate your gripes.
I'm not saying I want the Halo 1 Pistol nerfed like the Halo 2 Magnum, I just want the MCC version of Halo CE's multiplayer to feel like the Original X-Box version, where the weapons were tuned differently from the campaign for a balanced multiplayer experience.
iiBloxorz wrote:
This ranking system is fundamentally broken. In H2C Hardcore I'm a Rank 8 matching with all Rank 1s against a mix of various ranks from 5 to 10. Please implement H3's TrueSkill for Ranked playlists, I don't even care about earning my ranks back.
I completely disagree. I never want to deal with H3's Trueskill nonsense ever again. Implementing a exp or progression based system into MCC is the better solution.
Even a basic EXP system would work, anything that provides a more reliable rankup system as well as more matchmaking effectivity. I'm so tired of matching with Rank 1s on my team who just AFK or wander around aimlessly until they get killed.
I'm still having co op campaign issues, my friend disconnects from my game in campaign like everytime in MCC.
Saam92 wrote:

I think this is a cool idea. I'm not sure if this impacts the matchmaking algorithm or not, but it definitely allows for a unique variety of matchmaking experiences. I wonder if there would also be a way to prioritize specific settings. Weighting for a specific game or game type might be too constricting, but perhaps weighting on lobby sizes would give some unique variety, permitting your party size meets the team size criteria. This could be something cool to test with the insider build.

Alternatively, maybe this is something that is best left for the eventual custom games browser.
My point is that increasing playlist choices without allowing multiple game size selections (which overlaps populations) will spread the activity of playlists more thin.

Pretty much everyone likes 4v4, so that will always get the most activity, but a lot of those 4v4 players may want to play 2v2 as well, but can't be bothered to keep switching back and forth. As a result, 2v2 loses activity, and the fans of 2v2 may have trouble getting in a game, when there are plenty of folks on who'd love to be thrown in that.
GAMES: All MCC

ISSUE: Infection is still gone (I understand it is temporary). This game mode did not need to be removed, however. As a player I have a right to say this is my favorite mode without getting trash talked by other people who post here. The infection community is small so you will often see many of the same gamer tags and there would be abundant friendly crouch-communication, so when it was removed, this little community disintegrated. No game type is this unique or offers the same appeal to these players.

REPRO: I’ve played BTB instead, but it doesn’t have that same magic

ADDITIONAL INFO: I know i’m not the only person who plays infection with their significant other and I really miss that.
#bringinfectionback
Saam92 wrote:
halo CE
the controls feel less intuitive then they did previously so i dont know whats changed but i can feel a delay between when i press the button and my caricature acts both in custom game and multi player.

i tried it on different machines and with different controllers so it seems to be an issue with the game

for reference i use zoom and shoot with the highest sensitivity.

i own the disc copy but there are no scratches or any damage that i can tell..
Just in case you weren't aware, a recent update for MCC added a modern aiming option to Halo CE, 2, and 3 that was enabled by default. You can actually toggle it off, so if you haven't tested this it's worth checking out (I actually love the modern aiming, but I appreciate that it was made optional!).

They also added more granular aiming options for each game, which you can also try tweaking. I'd link to the actual updates, but linking from mobile is a pain.

Hope this helps!
thanks ill check it out!
Skill based matchmaking should stay out of the match composer. 100%. Even if its light. I've been both the destroyer and the destroyed. Just like many of us have. I get it. Being stuck in a match against a team of 8 in BTB REALLY sucks. But instead of quitting just put up with it next time. But then this brings up the rather harsh quitting penalty. One game and a ban is pretty harsh, even if it's a lag out. I think it should be a 3 strike system. What evs.
RJLXBL wrote:
This is a constant issue in ranked. 343 please fix
I had this issue several years ago before any of the recent updates. I fixed it by deleting the game from my Xbox completely and then re-installing it.
As an answer to the most recent matchmaking update topic:

Skill-based matches were widely requested due to the amount of uneven and one-sided games, which created an inconsistent and unacceptable experience that was never present on the old games, even if we were talking about Social Games. In fact, parameteres such as Skill Connection preferences were actually a thing you could do to improve the balance there in favour of a more enjoyable match. Furthermore, the inclusion of the Composer is the best and favourite way to play for newcomers, as well as veterans due to the advantages over gametypes and games it provides, which means that some sort of balance was needed. So, this news couldn't be better! It's finally being addressed at some point and I'm sure a wide amount of players were begging for that.

However, I'd like to suggest making it optional, so you can prioritize either fast matches or similar skill. In addition, Ranked probably needs a rework in terms of skill matching too and games offerings (it's highly limited to Halo 3, and playlists matching is horrendous). These can be useful options to improve that part of Matchmaking: "How to recreate Ranked". The best one is probably mixing Social with Ranked; by that way you fix 2 things in 1 (population and balance), so I suggest to take it into account.

On the other hand, I must disagree with the addition of the AR to H2A Slayer. First of all, while a secondary weapon was requested for all gametypes (H2A Objective is still filled with BR only starts for some unknown reason), that wasn't addressed but instead the default Slayer mode was changed. Secondly, but not less important, there's the fact that we shouldn't forget that this game is a remaster and a way to play H2 in a modern, fixed and enhanced way, so removing options regarding dual-wielding is definitely not the right decision. This feature made H2C pretty unique and enjoyable for some people, and encouraged coordination and testing different combinations. It's clear that this game is getting even further from the old experience (I recommend reading these suggestions to shape it better: "Suggestions and improvements for H2A"). So, please return the SMG or at least the Pistol to the secondary slot. Remember that the Assault Rifle is already in the map and shouldn't even be there, but it's tolerated as it is treated like a director's cut.

Aside from that, I would love the 8v8 Snipers and Rumble Pit playlist, and the size selection suggestion that a player above stated will undoubtedly improve population and variety.
Just got done reading the MCC Playlist Update. A couple things...

1. What was the reasoning behind making all the social BTB CE matches no-radar?

"Action Sack will include modes like Slayer Duals and Fiesta in addition to Mini Slayer in Halo 4 and race on community-created forge racetracks in Halo 3."

2. Just curious if the matchmaking races from Halo 4 could get added to the FFA Action Sack option too?
#bringinfectionback
They are bringing it back. In 2 weeks. If you can't wait that long and the Infection community really was that small, why not hit some of them up for Infection in Custom Games?
KingyBRFC wrote:
Pls add tanks back to btb, the whole point on playing btb was to play with vehicles and the tanks are the best vehicles
<3 Tanks <3 Me and my roommate second and third this motion <3 Would love to see more Tanks in H1 btb and banshess on the original Xbox BTB maps, Sidewinder, Blood Gulch, etc. would be great too <3
Please remove grenades and pistols from CE Snipes and set the score to 50.
JessHawk36 wrote:
KingyBRFC wrote:
Pls add tanks back to btb, the whole point on playing btb was to play with vehicles and the tanks are the best vehicles
<3 Tanks <3 Me and my roommate second and third this motion <3 Would love to see more Tanks in H1 btb and banshess on the original Xbox BTB maps, Sidewinder, Blood Gulch, etc. would be great too <3
Yeah, stuff like Heavies would be really cool to see back in BTB.

Also, can you guys uncapitalize all of the gametypes?
Could we get player counts for MP? World and each playlist tbh.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 22