Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Important playlist alterations:

CROSS SIZE SEARCHING -
While the match composer is an absolutely amazing feature and idea, it is missing a critical piece: cross SIZE searching. We can search multiple halos, but we can't search multiple game sizes. This feature is essential if all playlists want to receive traffic. For example, users wanting to play 1v1 will be sorely disappointed because everyone is searching in 4v4. So what will that 1v1 user do? He/she will go and search 4v4 and quit searching in the 1v1 playlist.

However, cross size searching will allow for each playlist to maintain some traffic. Instead of having to wait forever for people to join into the 1v1 playlist (that you conceivably want to play), you select 4v4 and 1v1, then when some people populate the 1v1 playlist, you will be able to find a game. This is essential for the survival and health of playlists like 1v1, FFA, and I'm sure a few others.

HALO CE 1V1 SETTINGS -
The current settings for Halo CE 1v1 are simply incorrect. Without diving into why/how this happened, let me say that I understand that there is not a "no heavies" option in 1v1. Thankfully, a fine 1v1 playlist can still be made in the absence of no heavies.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE PLAYLIST:
Currently, 1v1 has three gametypes, none of which match any community accepted rule set, and none of which are suitable for 1v1 play. I think arguments have been made about the playlist being "casual" or something, but that is just not a good argument due to the nature of CE. The most glaring issue is obviously the existence of rockets on prisoner and derelict. Simply put, a casual player will never locate a stronger player once he has rockets/camo, and will often receive all 15 deaths all by rocket. That's legitimately not fun for anyone in a 1v1. So rockets, should not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, be put in 1v1.

Next issue: derelict is a poor choice for 1v1s. The map is a bit oversized, but more importantly, the spawn points on the map offer the chance for severe disadvantages. A player can spawn right by camo, or with a direct line to OS, while the other player spawns bottom shotguns and can legitimately do nothing about this. Starting with a free powerup on derelict is somewhat common, and is also a more devastating situation than say, someone with OS on wizard. Add to that that rockets exist, and the gametype is horrid.

Final issue: radar needs to be ON for wizard 1v1s. Removing radar from wizard makes the gametype more brutal, and also removes the critical aspect that makes the map interesting. Radar only works well for CE on a handful of gametypes, and this is easily the one it works the best on. Furthermore, in Halo 1s glory days, wizard 1v1 with radar on was the premier 1v1 gametype. At the end of MLG, it was the only 1v1 mode they had left.

RECOMMENDED SETTINGS:
I will recommend three gametypes to you guys. Two you can immediately implement, and the third can be an optional compromise.

First: remove ALL current 1v1 gametypes.

Use this playlist:
1. Wizard WITH RADAR, 15 kills, pistol/AR start.
2. Longest NO RADAR, 15 kills, pistol/AR start.
3. (OPTIONAL) Prisoner NO RADAR, 15 kills, PISTOLS weapon set (no rockets).

The ideal settings for prisoner are just to remove rockets entirely, and play with a pistol/AR start. Since this is not an in-game option, tournament play used to forbid players from picking up rockets. The pistols weapon set will alter prisoner somewhat, but it should still preserve enough of the gametype to be acceptable. The biggest difference will be the absence of snipers (and plasma rifle is basically absent anyway). A wizard/longest only is still a fine playlist even in the absence of a correct prisoner.

I have been told that this year's Beach LAN will feature some high level 1v1 matches, so this is a fine time to correct this playlist.

EDIT:
I'd just like to also say that MLG only had three 1v1 modes for CE. They were wizard with radar, prisoner no radar - no rockets, and longest no radar. I think they felt that wizard was such a superior map for 1v1 play that they removed the other two. All three will make for a fine playlist.
Joining a ranked Halo 3 team slayer game, 2 teammates leaving on loading screen, me and my friend leave and get a 5min ban from playing the game.. nice.

Also really enjoy playing US servers when I'm in UK / EU in RANKED, I wouldn't mind in socials but in RANKED its a joke
Region lock this game and keep the south Americans and eastern Europeans from ruining every match. North Americans should play with North Americans. it was a problem Bungie refused to fix and it's a problem now. Bloodshots, rubber banding, etc. I'm tired losing because of it.
H3 BTB has broken spawns. Please look into adding enemy proximity spawning and assigning teams bases. (Ex) Sandtarp vs Sandtrap.

The spawn issues are most noticeable on last resort, sandtrap, and rats nest. Numerous times I have noticed enemies will spawn all around me/ my team.

I believe in H3 (Xbox 360), the maps were updated to fix these issues.
Also, every recent change has been good so far. The only problems left I can think of is hit registration. Especially in halo 3. I have to lead the shot way more than I should. Other than that it's playable now that there's regular team slayer in h3. Finally
Please rotate in H2C ranked doubles (slayer only) in replace of H2C hardcore. There's just not enough population to support a ranked 4v4 H2C playlist. Once H2C comes to PC on MCC, the hardcore playlist could be rotated back in as the overall population should spike.
Sidewinder doesnt have its original sound
Let us choose our server to play. 343i please concentrate on problem. Please!
Region lock this game and keep the south Americans and eastern Europeans from ruining every match. North Americans should play with North Americans. it was a problem Bungie refused to fix and it's a problem now. Bloodshots, rubber banding, etc. I'm tired losing because of it.
Yes exactly what this game needs. Less people playing. Make the search times even longer! Yes great idea!!

And from my own experience it shouldn’t even be a problem for you since you will get your server 99.99% of the time...

I had a game yesterday where 7 of the players were from Australia. 1 from the US. Have a guess who got the sever?

(I’ll give you a hint...it wasn’t the Australian’s)

And yeah if you can’t beat people playing on >200 ping when your probs around 50 or even less, that’s your problem.
- Add an option to choose our servers or to force playing on local datacenters. Connection is a nightmare for Australians, Europeans and such. (link)
- Include JiP with rewards and incentives to players. Require pressing A button to join the next match, and implement an auto idle player boot (1-2 minutes). Let's fix this problem. If betrayers are gonna continue, maybe it's time to take into account turning off friendly-fire in some specific scenaries. (link)
- Make H2A shine as a true successor. Developer maps/temporal forge remakes substitutes, vehicle & weapons rebalance, add/remove some sounds, tweak some maps (also regarding the new ones, whose spawning system is weird), add unique vehicles such as the Shadow or the Spectre, disable grenade/hit indicators, fix melee range... (link)
- Add H3:ODST Firefight, whether it's playable in multiplayer or just in local. Fix the dual-wielding elites problem. It's too late to be fair.
- Implement 3V3/5V5/7V7 match support. Despite the fact that they're unused and not so popular, when you're unable to find any match it's desirable to say the least. This one was a feature in Halo 3 and Halo:Reach (it's the right time to readd it). (link)
- Allow players to form teams after a match; it was a cool feature of Halo 3 that increased teamwork.
- Split Slayer/Slayer Pro in the Match Composer. In addition, include a Veto system to avoid the same maps over and over.
- Decrease weight for H3 Sandbox variants in BTB. Currently, it's impossible to get a game in Valhalla, at least for me.
- Party matching in Social is a must, or restrictions, paired with proper skill matching (was it efectiveness decreased somehow?). If it's a matter of population, then enable crossplay between PC and Xbox for a substancial boost. If not, just use the Halo 5 system or use the new EXP progression.
- Banning people should only occur if the player is one of the first quitters on a team and it's not an extremely lopsided game.
- Ability to change teams while in mid custom games, so that we can play and experience the OG H2C Infection.
- Add again Halo 4 ranked. Balancing is quite easy: Legendary BR Starts/Only precision weapons (where you can choose your abilities too, like in BTB), no ordinance and no death cameras.
- Honestly, the Custom Game Browser is a right. All Halo games have one except the MCC, making it hard to enjoy those fun gametypes and to even test cool Forge maps that could make their way to Matchmaking (think of Halo 2:Anniversary). (link)
- Integrate, if possible, Ranked into the Composer, so that the community is focused exclusively in one thing and matches are even.

As I see it, those topics has been discussed quite a lot and need to be addressed as soon as possible, so that MCC is a complete product when it launches on PC. Otherwise, the same as the 2014 dissaster is undoubtedly going to happen again. All of sudden, H:CE is getting a gameplay treatment to get as close as possible to the OG version, so continue in the right path.
I don't know what has been changed exactly, but the h2c sword is kind of weird at the moment. The lunge sometimes throws you into the void and doesn't connect at all. Melee is somewhat glitched too, but that may be a thing of network problems (I'm sure they're not mine). As a hint I always get East US II.
RANKED SWAT!!!! NEED I SAY MORE!?! Cmon make it happen, the swat community is larger then u think!
Yes exactly what this game needs. Less people playing. Make the search times even longer! Yes great idea!!

And from my own experience it shouldn’t even be a problem for you since you will get your server 99.99% of the time...

I had a game yesterday where 7 of the players were from Australia. 1 from the US. Have a guess who got the sever?

And yeah if you can’t beat people playing on >200 ping when your probs around 50 or even less, that’s your problem.
Less people playing this game isn't my fault. You must not have been around when the MCC was first released. If you were, you'd know why there's less than 2,000 players on daily. I'm talking about CE by the way, which is full of them. And it's often somebody from the Black Sea area or South of Mexico. Usually Venezuela or Brazil. 7 Australians in one match for you? Damn. I mean, the only way that's possible is if you're from Asia or that side of the world. It's tough to win a team match in Halo when you can't even communicate with somebody. Even in Halo 5 it's impossible for me to get back to Onyx, because nobody.talks.
Regional servers, please. I play on EU on other games but on US servers in halo, please fix that.
Let players join mid game in social matches. A lot of the time when I play my team leaves and it becomes a 4v1 and I'll just have to wait for the match to finish and if I want to quit I can get a penalty. It's so dumb.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Less people playing this game isn't my fault. You must not have been around when the MCC was first released. If you were, you'd know why there's less than 2,000 players on daily. I'm talking about CE by the way, which is full of them. And it's often somebody from the Black Sea area or South of Mexico. Usually Venezuela or Brazil. 7 Australians in one match for you? Damn. I mean, the only way that's possible is if you're from Asia or that side of the world. It's tough to win a team match in Halo when you can't even communicate with somebody. Even in Halo 5 it's impossible for me to get back to Onyx, because nobody.talks.
I’m not saying the bad population is your fault (yes I’ve been playing MCC since day 1...) but what your suggesting is just going to make the population way way worse. 343 did what you said 2 times now by region locking the game and it made the game unplayable for tens of thousands of players. It is the reason why the Aus scene died off completely last year as we couldn’t find any games in matchmaking.

I’ll just link my thread so you understand what I mean and see how many people are affected if this happens again.

Region Lock Thread
I really love Halo MCC and appreciate all the recent hard work that has gone into this title. The one thing that I would love to see would be an accurate population count when choosing a multiplayer game. This is a big deal because people could watch the trends and play while heavily populated. More people would carve out time to play also. Any way just my two cents. I am a technical engineer and I know that it's very possible to do this. Thanks and keep up the good work. Us Halo fans do appreciate it.

I’m not saying the bad population is your fault (yes I’ve been playing MCC since day 1...) but what your suggesting is just going to make the population way way worse. 343 did what you said 2 times now by region locking the game and it made the game unplayable for tens of thousands of players. It is the reason why the Aus scene died off completely last year as we couldn’t find any games in matchmaking.

I’ll just link my thread so you understand what I mean and see how many people are affected if this happens again.

Region Lock Thread
Wow...I didn't know any of that. Sorry for my ignorance. That's actually pretty crazy. But still, the teams and the servers. It kills you, and whatever motivation to keep you playing more than a few matches.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5