Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
Xp3rious wrote:
jmandude15 wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
Are you guys going to do anything about the connection issues? People keep getting booted when the game is loading (Halo 3 Hardcore). Now, it may not matter in Social as much, but in Ranked playlists, people are deranking. And it makes no sense to derank when its 3v4 or 2v4 in an objective match (or even slayer). Why do I have to derank because someone got booted or left the game? How the heck do you win a CTF match when its 3v4?

Furthermore, after every 2-3 games; when I search again, I get kicked back to the "select playlist" screen. I have to restart the app again. This is happening more and more.

The playlist updates are great, but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about the bigger issues. This is a 10+ year old game. The amount of issues and bugs in this are ridiculously high. No wonder MCC population is declining.

If this is how the new halo is gonna be, I don't like the chances of it doing well or having a sizable population. Please address the bigger issues rather than just making playlist changes.
Right now they're focusing on Reach and PC, which is why there's a bit of a drought of actual game and server-side updates. I imagine we'll be getting some substantive updates with the launch of Reach. It sounds like their working on fixes to the existing games in MCC for when they come to PC, so more should be on the way when each arrives.

MCC seems to still be very much a work-in-progress. It sounds like lots of things are happening behind the scenes right now, so hopefully the relative lack of support the game has had recently is worth it in the long run.
No offence, but that is a horrible way to look at it.

That just means they have abandoned the maintenance of old games and replaced it with new games to make more money.

I completely understand as they are developing new games and I'm highly looking forward to it. However, they cannot just put something on the back burner because they have new games to work on. I work in IT and you don't abandon your old systems to work on new ones. Clients will be extremely upset and demand their money back.

Another thing that they need to start doing is at least address some of these posts here. They can either say that they're working on it, or that they don't want to work on it for whatever reason. Of course, they can't answer every post. However, they should do something about the bigger issues that come up time and time again. Connections and matchmaking, people getting booted and so on. What is the point of having a feedback section, when you can't even address the issues?

Personally, I have not seen one single post from 343 here (maybe I missed it).
Sorry this is so late, but I just now saw this, and wanted to clarify that I meant that issues across the entirety of MCC will likely be addressed with each consecutive update on both console and PC, not just on PC for issues pertaining to whichever game is being ported to PC, which is how I think you interpreted my post.

Also I don't see in any way how they're abandoning the maintenance of old games, or how my post suggested anything of the sort. The entire point I was making was that they're likely continuing to work on things behind the scenes. They've talked about this in their development update blogs.

Additionally, most of the issues you described in your first post have to do with matchmaking, servers, and ranking systems, which work the same way in every game in MCC. So updates and fixes to those would apply to all games in MCC.

I'll agree though that I wish there was more of an indication of what issues 343 is working on. They have a new support website that seems aimed at better addressing player feedback. It only pertains to the Insider Program at the moment though, but hopefully it will expand to the entirety of MCC sooner than later.
Does anyone know if those new H2A Forge maps (the ones in the Fast Slayer playlist) are implemented in Social at all? If they aren't then I think it would be a great addition, at least after the Fast Slayer playlist gets retired.
iiBloxorz wrote:
Social matchmaking is getting unbearable. People are rubber banding everywhere, shots aren't registering, the quit ban still doesn't stop people from quitting and games become full of quitters/AFKers, and team imbalances are still frequent in 4s and 8s. The only good thing to happen recently is map and mode rotation is starting to favor more fan favorite selections, at least on the H2C side of things. All of this still happens regardless of what server I'm on, what game I'm playing, or who I'm playing with party-wise (solo queuing or with friends). All of this makes me even more disappointed the Customs Browser got deprioritized because MM is getting tiresome to put up with.
I went on a 5 match losing streak due to imbalanced teams in CE doubles. They'll put two amazing players on the opposing team several times in a row against me and a new Halo player and we get destroyed. Then if one of us quits it's our fault?
"You have been temporarily banned from playing matchmaking, because you didn't play CE enough as a kid to win against the same team of veteran players 5 matches in a row."
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we'd get split up once in a while but you can't even hope for that.
iiBloxorz wrote:
Social matchmaking is getting unbearable. People are rubber banding everywhere, shots aren't registering, the quit ban still doesn't stop people from quitting and games become full of quitters/AFKers, and team imbalances are still frequent in 4s and 8s. The only good thing to happen recently is map and mode rotation is starting to favor more fan favorite selections, at least on the H2C side of things. All of this still happens regardless of what server I'm on, what game I'm playing, or who I'm playing with party-wise (solo queuing or with friends). All of this makes me even more disappointed the Customs Browser got deprioritized because MM is getting tiresome to put up with.
I went on a 5 match losing streak due to imbalanced teams in CE doubles. They'll put two amazing players on the opposing team several times in a row against me and a new Halo player and we get destroyed. Then if one of us quits it's our fault?
"You have been temporarily banned from playing matchmaking, because you didn't play CE enough as a kid to win against the same team of veteran players 5 matches in a row."
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we'd get split up once in a while but you can't even hope for that.
I haven't found but 1 or 2 doubles matches since party matching was implemented so I assumed the problem was at least solved. I guess I am mistaken. Truly disappointing.
Is this just for Halo MCC or Halo 5 too?
If you're talking about the file transfer, it's only for MCC.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If you're talking about the file transfer, it's only for MCC.
Oh no the thread, I see a lot of Halo fivers here where the thread itself is in the MCC forums.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
Mr Vacha wrote:
Postums wrote:
I have both a question and suggestion on future and current ranked multiplayer.

My question is will we keep our current ranked skills when Reach releases? I am exhausted that playlists and skills get removed/reset and is no longer shown as our highest rank obtained in game. I am obviously in favor of keeping the current playlist ranks and not resetting or removing them. However I am also in favor of removing playlists that are not Hardcore which leads to my suggestion......

My suggestion is that there should only be one ranked playlist for each title. All should be hardcore in my opinion. We have H2C/H2A/H3 Hardcore so now we need CE/4 Hardcore. The rest can be removed to better the population in competitive ranked. Add in Reach Hardcore once Reach actually drops and that will make six ranked playlists. As I said earlier in my question we should be able to keep the skill ranks already obtained in the current hardcore playlists. All other game modes can be played in the match composer.
I oppose the idea of 343 removing the current ranked Halo CE Team doubles playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 Team Hardcore playlist because the current ranked Halo CE Team Doubles playlist is the equivalent of Team Hardcore for Halo CE and 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo CE. 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo CE LANs and Halo CE tournaments.

I highly recommend for you check out Beach LAN, the UGC Halo Classic Halo CE 2v2 tournament that took place earlier this year(01/12/19), and the upcoming UGC Halo Classic Halo CE 2v2 tournament in Atlantic City, New Jersey that is going to take place on 7-8 September 2019. Here's a quote from the UGC website about their upcoming Halo CE 2v2 tournament.
Quote:
Halo: Combat Evolved makes it return to the Halo Classic this September in Atlantic City. The doubles side tournament will take place at the venue from Saturday to Sunday (September 7-8) and feature a double-elimination format as well as a the lion’s share of a $2,000 prize pool for the best pair of Magnums in the Midwest. We're happy to announce UGC will furnish an authentic competitive arena for our Halo: CE 2v2 by utilizing original Xbox systems with NHE installed and CRT televisions. Duke Controllers optional.
Here are some more links for Beach LAN and the upcoming UGC Halo CE 2v2 tournament.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Yea that was my fault
No worries dude, it's all good.
I will agree with keeping Halo CE Doubles as it was the way it was intended but I am still firm on everything else.
Oh no the thread, I see a lot of Halo fivers here where the thread itself is in the MCC forums.
Oh, okay. This is for MCC. The H5 Feedback thread is located here.
UK northwest
Every time I try to do .multiplayer ca.paign with my gf we cant connect to servers, always say please try again later. Is this a common issue???
jmandude15 wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
jmandude15 wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
Are you guys going to do anything about the connection issues? People keep getting booted when the game is loading (Halo 3 Hardcore). Now, it may not matter in Social as much, but in Ranked playlists, people are deranking. And it makes no sense to derank when its 3v4 or 2v4 in an objective match (or even slayer). Why do I have to derank because someone got booted or left the game? How the heck do you win a CTF match when its 3v4?

Furthermore, after every 2-3 games; when I search again, I get kicked back to the "select playlist" screen. I have to restart the app again. This is happening more and more.

The playlist updates are great, but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about the bigger issues. This is a 10+ year old game. The amount of issues and bugs in this are ridiculously high. No wonder MCC population is declining.

If this is how the new halo is gonna be, I don't like the chances of it doing well or having a sizable population. Please address the bigger issues rather than just making playlist changes.
Right now they're focusing on Reach and PC, which is why there's a bit of a drought of actual game and server-side updates. I imagine we'll be getting some substantive updates with the launch of Reach. It sounds like their working on fixes to the existing games in MCC for when they come to PC, so more should be on the way when each arrives.

MCC seems to still be very much a work-in-progress. It sounds like lots of things are happening behind the scenes right now, so hopefully the relative lack of support the game has had recently is worth it in the long run.
No offence, but that is a horrible way to look at it.

That just means they have abandoned the maintenance of old games and replaced it with new games to make more money.

I completely understand as they are developing new games and I'm highly looking forward to it. However, they cannot just put something on the back burner because they have new games to work on. I work in IT and you don't abandon your old systems to work on new ones. Clients will be extremely upset and demand their money back.

Another thing that they need to start doing is at least address some of these posts here. They can either say that they're working on it, or that they don't want to work on it for whatever reason. Of course, they can't answer every post. However, they should do something about the bigger issues that come up time and time again. Connections and matchmaking, people getting booted and so on. What is the point of having a feedback section, when you can't even address the issues?

Personally, I have not seen one single post from 343 here (maybe I missed it).
Sorry this is so late, but I just now saw this, and wanted to clarify that I meant that issues across the entirety of MCC will likely be addressed with each consecutive update on both console and PC, not just on PC for issues pertaining to whichever game is being ported to PC, which is how I think you interpreted my post.

Also I don't see in any way how they're abandoning the maintenance of old games, or how my post suggested anything of the sort. The entire point I was making was that they're likely continuing to work on things behind the scenes. They've talked about this in their development update blogs.

Additionally, most of the issues you described in your first post have to do with matchmaking, servers, and ranking systems, which work the same way in every game in MCC. So updates and fixes to those would apply to all games in MCC.

I'll agree though that I wish there was more of an indication of what issues 343 is working on. They have a new support website that seems aimed at better addressing player feedback. It only pertains to the Insider Program at the moment though, but hopefully it will expand to the entirety of MCC sooner than later.
Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit. But when you said they're "focusing on other games" (halo infinite, PC releases etc...), it sounded like they're putting MCC on the back burner.

We see these issues come up again and again, which is an inclination that they haven't been fixed. Some of the issues are small, so they may not matter as much. But I think the larger issues, should definitely be addressed.
Can the Sandbox variants for Halo 3 be weighted a little less than the original maps? I'd like to play BTB slayer without it being 99% Sandbox
Skrounge wrote:
Game: halo 3
Gametype: neutral bomb BR
Issue: spelling error in loading screen
Says 'tems' instead of 'teams'

How embarrassing :p
Give me some mad nameplate for finding your mistake yo ;)

I have a screenshot, but no idea how to upload it.
You'll get a nameplate reading "TEMS" in Sans Serif :p

To actually contribute to the topic... There are issues with Halo 3 and 4 that are making me want to abandon said games.

In Halo 3 it's obviously the hitreg issues which are especially noticeable on SWAT. I don't think I have to add any more to that since it's been mentioned numerous times already.

As for Halo 4 the map weighting is completely out of proportion regarding DLC maps. Roughly 75-80 percent of the games I'm getting there are on those maps and it's really making me miss good ole Adrift. I've been talking to other players about this (Even in-game - hard to believe it's not 100 percent mute yet) and most said that they don't even want to play these maps at all. Now I'm not saying they should be removed entirely but maybe just prioritize the non-DLC maps more than the DLC ones?

On a side note: What ever happened to Complex anyways?
Important playlist alterations:

CROSS SIZE SEARCHING -
While the match composer is an absolutely amazing feature and idea, it is missing a critical piece: cross SIZE searching. We can search multiple halos, but we can't search multiple game sizes. This feature is essential if all playlists want to receive traffic. For example, users wanting to play 1v1 will be sorely disappointed because everyone is searching in 4v4. So what will that 1v1 user do? He/she will go and search 4v4 and quit searching in the 1v1 playlist.

However, cross size searching will allow for each playlist to maintain some traffic. Instead of having to wait forever for people to join into the 1v1 playlist (that you conceivably want to play), you select 4v4 and 1v1, then when some people populate the 1v1 playlist, you will be able to find a game. This is essential for the survival and health of playlists like 1v1, FFA, and I'm sure a few others.

HALO CE 1V1 SETTINGS -
The current settings for Halo CE 1v1 are simply incorrect. Without diving into why/how this happened, let me say that I understand that there is not a "no heavies" option in 1v1. Thankfully, a fine 1v1 playlist can still be made in the absence of no heavies.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE PLAYLIST:Currently, 1v1 has three gametypes, none of which match any community accepted rule set, and none of which are suitable for 1v1 play. I think arguments have been made about the playlist being "casual" or something, but that is just not a good argument due to the nature of CE. The most glaring issue is obviously the existence of rockets on prisoner and derelict. Simply put, a casual player will never locate a stronger player once he has rockets/camo, and will often receive all 15 deaths all by rocket. That's legitimately not fun for anyone in a 1v1. So rockets, should not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, be put in 1v1.Next issue: derelict is a poor choice for 1v1s. The map is a bit oversized, but more importantly, the spawn points on the map offer the chance for severe disadvantages. A player can spawn right by camo, or with a direct line to OS, while the other player spawns bottom shotguns and can legitimately do nothing about this. Starting with a free powerup on derelict is somewhat common, and is also a more devastating situation than say, someone with OS on wizard. Add to that that rockets exist, and the gametype is horrid.

Final issue: radar needs to be ON for wizard 1v1s. Removing radar from wizard makes the gametype more brutal, and also removes the critical aspect that makes the map interesting. Radar only works well for CE on a handful of gametypes, and this is easily the one it works the best on. Furthermore, in Halo 1s glory days, wizard 1v1 with radar on was the premier 1v1 gametype. At the end of MLG, it was the only 1v1 mode they had left.

RECOMMENDED SETTINGS:I will recommend three gametypes to you guys. Two you can immediately implement, and the third can be an optional compromise.

First: remove ALL current 1v1 gametypes.

Use this playlist:
1. Wizard WITH RADAR, 15 kills, pistol/AR start.
2. Longest NO RADAR, 15 kills, pistol/AR start.
3. (OPTIONAL) Prisoner NO RADAR, 15 kills, PISTOLS weapon set (no rockets).

The ideal settings for prisoner are just to remove rockets entirely, and play with a pistol/AR start. Since this is not an in-game option, tournament play used to forbid players from picking up rockets. The pistols weapon set will alter prisoner somewhat, but it should still preserve enough of the gametype to be acceptable. The biggest difference will be the absence of snipers (and plasma rifle is basically absent anyway). A wizard/longest only is still a fine playlist even in the absence of a correct prisoner.

I have been told that this year's Beach LAN will feature some high level 1v1 matches, so this is a fine time to correct this playlist.

EDIT:
I'd just like to also say that MLG only had three 1v1 modes for CE. They were wizard with radar, prisoner no radar - no rockets, and longest no radar. I think they felt that wizard was such a superior map for 1v1 play that they removed the other two. All three will make for a fine playlist.
Well said. 1 v 1 should have no power ups aswell. Maybe even a spectating option for those friends that want to see what’s going on.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Brains on infection should be far more prevalent than save one bullet or other less popular game modes. Or at least let us choose those subgroups. I’ve barely played this game for a year now because you took that away.
I feel like Halo 3, Halo 2, and CE are the games that suffer to most from bad connection. Especially if you are playing on a server on another continent. It is not that noticeable in Halo 4. But shoots not connecting, beat downs that doesn’t do anything, blood shoots, rubber banding (I think it is called) etc. is a big problem in the original trilogy. We got modern aiming, could we please get modern connection? It might be too difficult or impossible to change.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or make non-constructive posts
Spoiler:
Show
Was doing a 2v2 tonight and the whole match was garbage. Shots not connecting then I get one shoted at full Shields. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjgbIjRk3mbbk3uyTBIwtJCpsB4E?e=cTxKn6. 343i has taken my favorite video game series and turned into a joke, file share is about pointless when I can't save whole matches, it misses about 1 out of every 10 temporary map types, have to save it to private then make it public? Can't boot players in customs games without backing out to the lobby, can't view fileshare of other players that aren't online like 360 when it was built into the dashboard menu. You just implemented on the 28th the close skill range sorting that should of been in from the beginning. The host disadvantage is horrible. I find more and more bugs in the campaign everyday even in halo 4, a game you guys made! At least you managed to have the correct button your supposed to press to attach the bomb to the didect this time around. Nothing is going to change guys unless we do community black out days and pledge not to buy halo infinite unless they actually listen to us. To them were just money.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11