Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
Not sure if it’s possible but I would love to see BTB with a max party size of 2.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic - Across all modes and settings
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Inaccurate timings for basically every button input that has drastically effected the pace of Halo 2 Classic. Weapon Switching does not match the original. (YYing for example.) BxRing does not match the original and is noticeably slower. Double Shotting and general rapid firing of your R trigger is noticeably slower across the entirety of Halo 2 Classic. BxR-reloading does not work. Grenade reloading does not work. Fire Rates Of Basically All Weapons on Halo 2 Classic Are Slower Than The Original. This has directly effected the pacing and experience of H2C. It does not line up with the original, therefore not the same. This is critical. I understand you were trying to fix the carbine ROF to match the original, but nerfing all the fire rates across the entirety of H2C is absolutely abysmal. Magnum shoots slower, etc. This is a huge issue. I promise you the PC guys will notice this immediately and you'll never hear the end of it. Shot registration is still subpar on H2C but getting there. Server connectivity is a HUGE issue right now across all of MCC on EVERY game. Overall server performance is inconsistent.
  • REPRO STEPS: Halo 2 Classic's button input issues are easily recreated by doing exactly what the issue states above. Hit the button, try the combos, compare to original. YYing right now is one of the main issues. YYing has a huge effect on the pace of Halo 2 Classic. No idea if it's the Xbox One controller or not. I am more inclined to say it isn't. Fire Rate testing is obvious. Compare to the original.
  • Melee Registration is absolutely abysmal right now.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Touching on servers - there needs to be more. Many more.
Split screen issues in MCC:

1. When signing into split screen, a large percentage of the time, my second players profile will kind of "glitch out" and then login under default settings. The clantag, nameplate, and controls will all be default. You can change these controls, but they will still show up as default in game. Sometimes you have to sign out and sign back in about 5 times before your original profile correctly syncs.

2. Sometimes, in CE (can't speak for other halos), my split screen partner glitches out and is thrown on the OPPOSITE TEAM, under a default name (Walla Walla, Ghost, King, etc) with default, unchangeable controls. This is obviously frustrating.

1. When signing into split screen, a large percentage of the time, my second players profile will kind of "glitch out" and then login under default settings. The clantag, nameplate, and controls will all be default. You can change these controls, but they will still show up as default in game. Sometimes you have to sign out and sign back in about 5 times before your original profile correctly syncs.

2. Sometimes, in CE (can't speak for other halos), my split screen partner glitches out and is thrown on the OPPOSITE TEAM, under a default name (Walla Walla, Ghost, King, etc) with default, unchangeable controls. This is obviously frustrating.
I would add that Halo 4/Halo 2 Anniversary crosshairs are not scaled properly when playing on split-screen; they're too large.

Also, FPS are likely to drop to unacceptable levels in H2A, but that's clearly impossible to fix if we're taking into account Xbox capabilities (maybe PC and the new Xbox versions will be able to have consistent FPS).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Los cambios han llegado a ser buenos, pero aun demasiado que mejorar para asegurarse evitar mas fallos.
Please change the weight in the team slayer playlist. The weight of some unpopular map as vindictive reminiscent etc is way too high. Please put the weight that was on 360
It's really frustrating that I get lagged out of a match and then it says that I quit and as a result I get a quit ban (even if I did quit which I didn't it was my first offense as I haven't played in months). Do you have any plans on addressing this issue? It's a real major inconvenience.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please for the love of god remove all Sniper weapons from Halo 2 and 3 big team Fiesta. Every match just turns into a game of Snipers but without being guaranteed to spawn with a Sniper so half the time you just get repeatedly spawn killed because you can't kill the dudes in the back sniping. It takes out all possible fun of the mode and makes the game more enraging and frustrating than enjoyable because it happens every single time that mode is selected. Its not my fault I spawn with crap weapons and get instantly sniped from some dude across the map that I can't do anything about unless I get lucky enough to spawn with a specific weapon.

Every other weapon like a rocket or shotgun can be countered just with the guns you are randomly spawned with but the f*cking snipers completely ruin the entire match

I just discovered while messing around in split screen by myself for glitches and stuff that if you change the guests control scheme and then have the main player's controller go to the options screen then it'll set the guest to the control layout you chose.
You just have to quickly select the controller settings on your main controller and then back out and player 2 should have the changes applied
Region lock this game and keep the south Americans and eastern Europeans from ruining every match. North Americans should play with North Americans. it was a problem Bungie refused to fix and it's a problem now. Bloodshots, rubber banding, etc. I'm tired losing because of it.
Yes exactly what this game needs. Less people playing. Make the search times even longer! Yes great idea!!

And from my own experience it shouldn’t even be a problem for you since you will get your server 99.99% of the time...

I had a game yesterday where 7 of the players were from Australia. 1 from the US. Have a guess who got the sever?

(I’ll give you a hint...it wasn’t the Australian’s)

And yeah if you can’t beat people playing on >200 ping when your probs around 50 or even less, that’s your problem.
Less people playing this game isn't my fault. You must not have been around when the MCC was first released. If you were, you'd know why there's less than 2,000 players on daily. I'm talking about CE by the way, which is full of them. And it's often somebody from the Black Sea area or South of Mexico. Usually Venezuela or Brazil. 7 Australians in one match for you? Damn. I mean, the only way that's possible is if you're from Asia or that side of the world. It's tough to win a team match in Halo when you can't even communicate with somebody. Even in Halo 5 it's impossible for me to get back to Onyx, because nobody.talks.
C'mon now, I'm from Denmark and I mainly play CE. I've gotten an EU server one time and one time only. It ALWAYS picks East US 2 servers. If you think you have a disadvantage because of "us" you should try sitting at our end of the controller. Hate a guy rubberbanding or lagging for a bit? Try emptying a full magnum clip in the face of an NA player and dude isn't even lit.
I'm not complaining btw, I'm just trying to give you some perspective. If it was region locked, I think the time between matches would slowly kill the game due to impatience.
Please change the weight in the team slayer playlist. The weight of some unpopular map as vindictive reminiscent etc is way too high. Please put the weight that was on 360
Preach!
I just got temporarily banned for no reason. Please help i was playing halo 3 and then at random the game disconected and it brought me to the game selection screen for social games and it said a player in my party was temporarily banned but i was playing alone so i tried to play another match and it temporarily banned me.
Are the normal (small/4v4) maps from Halo CE available in BTB because they’re appearing in the maps for BTB?

I just discovered while messing around in split screen by myself for glitches and stuff that if you change the guests control scheme and then have the main player's controller go to the options screen then it'll set the guest to the control layout you chose.
You just have to quickly select the controller settings on your main controller and then back out and player 2 should have the changes applied
Hey, I'm not sure if you were just adding to my comment or suggesting that this was the fix, but the suggestion that you have provided doesn't apply to the bug I'm experiencing. Basically, my split screen partner's gamertag doesn't properly sync and it just gets logged in as 100% default (nameplate, clan tag, player ID, controls). So we sign it out, and then in, and then out.... until eventually it signs in correctly and we can play like normal.
Vlaiquela wrote:
Are the normal (small/4v4) maps from Halo CE available in BTB because they’re appearing in the maps for BTB?
Their are some maps from the 4 vs 4 playlist in CE BTB under the Action Sack setting. It’s not normal action sack settings it’s called Mayhem for CE do to the small maps and the amount of players on it.
Region lock this game and keep the south Americans and eastern Europeans from ruining every match. North Americans should play with North Americans. it was a problem Bungie refused to fix and it's a problem now. Bloodshots, rubber banding, etc. I'm tired losing because of it.
Yes exactly what this game needs. Less people playing. Make the search times even longer! Yes great idea!!

And from my own experience it shouldn’t even be a problem for you since you will get your server 99.99% of the time...

I had a game yesterday where 7 of the players were from Australia. 1 from the US. Have a guess who got the sever?

(I’ll give you a hint...it wasn’t the Australian’s)

And yeah if you can’t beat people playing on >200 ping when your probs around 50 or even less, that’s your problem.
Less people playing this game isn't my fault. You must not have been around when the MCC was first released. If you were, you'd know why there's less than 2,000 players on daily. I'm talking about CE by the way, which is full of them. And it's often somebody from the Black Sea area or South of Mexico. Usually Venezuela or Brazil. 7 Australians in one match for you? Damn. I mean, the only way that's possible is if you're from Asia or that side of the world. It's tough to win a team match in Halo when you can't even communicate with somebody. Even in Halo 5 it's impossible for me to get back to Onyx, because nobody.talks.
C'mon now, I'm from Denmark and I mainly play CE. I've gotten an EU server one time and one time only. It ALWAYS picks East US 2 servers. If you think you have a disadvantage because of "us" you should try sitting at our end of the controller. Hate a guy rubberbanding or lagging for a bit? Try emptying a full magnum clip in the face of an NA player and dude isn't even lit.
I'm not complaining btw, I'm just trying to give you some perspective. If it was region locked, I think the time between matches would slowly kill the game due to impatience.
You're right.
Please for the love of all things sacred reduce the weighting of Uplift and Colossus in all modes in H2. They come up far too frequently and are almost universally disliked.

Social matchmaking as a whole is still full of stomp sessions as well. Can we get some kind of a fix for this? The last time it was addressed, the "solution" implemented made things worse.

Ghost melees and hit registration failures are also starting to plague H2 and H3 again. Also plenty of instances players lag and stutter around the map, regardless of what server I'm on. Even the East US 2, which is within driving distance of me.
Hey I hope this is the right place for this and I'm sure it's been brought up before but I'm coming into this fairly fresh, but can we ever expect a campaign matchmaking like we saw in Halo Reach? I wanted to play through all campaigns on Legendary Coop, but because no one talks to you and a lot of my RL friends have stopped playing Halo, it's not just hard for me to achieve this, it's impossible. Thanks!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.Los cambios han llegado a ser buenos, pero aun demasiado que mejorar para asegurarse evitar mas fallos.
It's a common occurrence for.me to get matches up.with players like this. Which further proves my point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11