Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
In the new H2A race maps, sometimes you'll end up respawning at the wrong checkpoint entirely, be half the track away from the checkpoint, etc. It forces you to have to die again to respawn correctly. This has ruined good races I've had with people if I or other people die, and then are respawning in the completely wrong area. You can have some really fun battles with other players and this unfortunately screws it up in a big way.

Also, the maps were intended for the mongoose, and there's some spots you can get the golden hog a bit stuck where you really shouldn't on the track...plus when the game starts some hogs end up on top of each other and it's a big mess. As cool as the golden hogs are (and admittedly fun, faster, and more challenging to drive), the tracks don't work for them very well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would love the possibility to que up for slayer, flag and koth only. Bomb, oddball, ricochet and stuff is not something I enjoy playing that much, and I think it's a shame that you can't choose the classics only, so to speak.
I would love the possibility to que up for slayer, flag and koth only. Bomb, oddball, ricochet and stuff is not something I enjoy playing that much, and I think it's a shame that you can't choose the classics only, so to speak.
Well, it was possible back in the day, but unfortunately Objective in its different shapes was getting empty. So, to keep it alive and to prevent what happened with Halo:Reach/H3 Team Objective playlist or Team Skirmish, they decided to merge up some of them.

By that way, enjoying any kind of Objective gametype is still possible, although at the cost of playing some that are not highly populated. But as I see it it's better for everyone that likes these gametypes; we can enjoy our favourite ones and also help the rest of the community to play Oddball/Bomb...

In my case, I prefer Territories over KOTH and Bomb/Flag more or less the same. If they were separed, it would be really hard to get (based in more randomness and population spreading), unless they enable crossplay between PC and the different types of Xbox consoles. Even then, sadly Objective gametypes alone would die pretty quickly (Ranked section of MCC, H3, Reach and H5 with Slayer overweighted shows it).
Hi I have a variety of comments and concerns about multiplayer

1. I was able to find matches in H2C hardcore last night and it was a lot of fun! I rattled off a win streak of 7 in a row and the connection was solid for the most part. However, I was playing against the same individuals every time and I'm worried about the small population of the playlist.

2. I was completely unable to find matches on H2A hardcore. I have been trying for the past few weeks now to find a match. I live on the west coast so it should be pretty easy. Maybe loosen up the level restrictions. (I'm a level 1)

3. Social matchmaking works pedfectly. Keep up the good work, whoever is in charge of playlists
Hey I hope this is the right place for this and I'm sure it's been brought up before but I'm coming into this fairly fresh, but can we ever expect a campaign matchmaking like we saw in Halo Reach? I wanted to play through all campaigns on Legendary Coop, but because no one talks to you and a lot of my RL friends have stopped playing Halo, it's not just hard for me to achieve this, it's impossible. Thanks!
There has been no mention of campaign matchmaking playlists by 343 as far as I've seen. Firefight matchmaking has been confirmed for Halo Reach though, so campaign matchmaking isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. But again, it sounds like there are no current plans for it at the moment.

There are online Halo communities where you may be able to search for others looking to play co-op. I can't personally think of the names of any such communities, but if you search around you may able to find some. It's similar to how Destiny players search for players to do raids with from an external website.
Why does Fiesta come up every 9 out of 10 H2C Action Sack games? Please lower the weighting of it drastically. There are plenty of other actually half decent Action Sack game modes that never come up because of it.
Are you guys going to do anything about the connection issues? People keep getting booted when the game is loading (Halo 3 Hardcore). Now, it may not matter in Social as much, but in Ranked playlists, people are deranking. And it makes no sense to derank when its 3v4 or 2v4 in an objective match (or even slayer). Why do I have to derank because someone got booted or left the game? How the heck do you win a CTF match when its 3v4?

Furthermore, after every 2-3 games; when I search again, I get kicked back to the "select playlist" screen. I have to restart the app again. This is happening more and more.

The playlist updates are great, but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about the bigger issues. This is a 10+ year old game. The amount of issues and bugs in this are ridiculously high. No wonder MCC population is declining.

If this is how the new halo is gonna be, I don't like the chances of it doing well or having a sizable population. Please address the bigger issues rather than just making playlist changes.
This is your periodic reminder that AR starts are still in Halo 3 for some bizarre reason even though they had the good sense to get rid of SMG starts in H2/H2A. There is no meaningful difference between AR starts in Halo 3 and SMG starts in Halo 2. None. Zero. Zilch. They are two underpowered bullet hose with the effective range of about 10 feet that would still be ill suited to the task of being a starting weapon even if they were buffed because Halo's core gameplay inherently favors versatility. In fact the game demands versatility off spawn to prevent the game from snowballing.

Get rid of AR/Pistol starts in Halo 3 and keep BR/AR as the standard. If you can justify removing SMG starts you can justify removing AR starts using the exact same reasoning. Either you believe auto starts are bad for the game or you don't, half measures make no sense here.
Please, someone, anyone out there help me.

I feel like because my skill level I am being discriminated against in matchmaking. I have come to find that on a frequency of 47/50 matches that the bottom two performing teammates consistently have less than 7 kills each. This has strained me and forced me to focus harder just for a chance to win in even social playlists. All I want to do is causally play with a chance to win in easy going social modes rather than forcing me to carry a team.

Please =(
WerepyreND wrote:
This is your periodic reminder that AR starts are still in Halo 3 for some bizarre reason even though they had the good sense to get rid of SMG starts in H2/H2A. There is no meaningful difference between AR starts in Halo 3 and SMG starts in Halo 2. None. Zero. Zilch. They are two underpowered bullet hose with the effective range of about 10 feet that would still be ill suited to the task of being a starting weapon even if they were buffed because Halo's core gameplay inherently favors versatility. In fact the game demands versatility off spawn to prevent the game from snowballing.

Get rid of AR/Pistol starts in Halo 3 and keep BR/AR as the standard. If you can justify removing SMG starts you can justify removing AR starts using the exact same reasoning. Either you believe auto starts are bad for the game or you don't, half measures make no sense here.
This time I have to agree with you; if they somehow "justified" removing SMG starts from Halo 2, then the same should be applied to Halo 3. As I see it, given that AR starts doesn't even provide dual-wielding capabilities, it's not worth it. I'm not keen on half measures either. They're the same guns but with different ammo and an overpowered melee damage in case of the AR. I've get used to BR + Auto starts and they offer versatility at the cost of variety on the low ends of the sandbox; you can defend yourself in whatever situation you're thrown at and I recently started to like that. Plus you still can take advantages of being able to combine that secondary weapon for close range encounters or fast kills (BR starts only are really awkward in my opinion and they actually darken the weapon usefulness, this can be clearly seen in H2A Objective gametypes as for some reason they decided to remove the secondary slot, and taking into account that the gun effectiveness in its own is laughable, picking them up doesn't make sense...) so that you avoid their weak nature on their own and use them in a useful, tactical and coordination rewarding way, which is dual-wielding. Otherwise, you're going to be killed for making that decision.

However, I'm not opposed to the idea of splitting up Slayer and Slayer Pro in the Match Composer for that matter, Auto starts still force you to make you think quickly and out of the box to get reliable weapons and important spots to have a chance to survive in a risky place. Obviously they would have to be exclusively in close scenaries that support them and precision weapons shouldn't be offered (maybe just 1 Carbine or 1 BR) so that it's an easier combat environment for newcomers (but I'd improve the loadouts with the Pistol and the Silenced SMG, trying them only in H2A firstly and after that in H3 and finally H2C for a casual and balanced experience); after that, when you get used to it, you should jump to the full version with any kinds of weapons and range fights that prevent you from running into the outside mindlessly. In addition, think of it as a way not to lose that small part of the community (also it's a way where new players can play the game without being overwhelmed) in an already small playerbase, that will eventually migrate to BR + Auto playlist when they improve and demand more competitive situations, unless it works really well and they love the new concept. If unfortunately it doesn't get people and doesn't fill its purpose, throw it into Action Sack and leave it for Custom Games, but at least give it a chance. I'd even add a 1.5x zoom to the H2A Pistol in a balance update.
I have been unable to find a multiplayer match on Halo 4 BTB. This happened about 6 months ago where I was not able to connect to a single player on Halo 4 BTB, which is hard to believe as when it does work there are always plenty of players on it.

Anyone else had this issue?
The fire rates are still completely broken. Halo 3's BR on MCC does not have the same rate of fire as Halo 3 on Xbox 360. MCC's Halo 3 BR is very noticeably slower. The Audio has been watered down. Guns across all of MCC do not match up with their originals. Specifically the lack of bass and punch from what we once had on Original Xbox and Xbox 360. You can easily pull this up on youtube and you'll notice it immediately.
Awesome!
This first one is really infuriating for me: The weighting for Halo CE BTB maps. 90% of the time it's the same, godforsaken 3 maps over and over and over again. I dislike the map rotation for MCC and Halo 5 in general due to its repetitiveness in general, but this is far beyond tolerable.

Some other suggestions:
    • Add Fiesta and Shotty snipers as an option for custom games and an action sack playlist game type. I know these game modes weren't in the original game but I doubt they will be too hard to make
    • Add Team Slayer back to all Halo CE 8v8 maps
I have several others but they've either already been mentioned in this thread or are relatively unimportant. Please fix the first thing I mentioned, 343. I was really enjoying CE BTB when the maps weren't weighted the way they were. It's one of my favorite things in gaming but the fact that I have to play just 3 maps all the time ruins it.
Xp3rious wrote:
Are you guys going to do anything about the connection issues? People keep getting booted when the game is loading (Halo 3 Hardcore). Now, it may not matter in Social as much, but in Ranked playlists, people are deranking. And it makes no sense to derank when its 3v4 or 2v4 in an objective match (or even slayer). Why do I have to derank because someone got booted or left the game? How the heck do you win a CTF match when its 3v4?

Furthermore, after every 2-3 games; when I search again, I get kicked back to the "select playlist" screen. I have to restart the app again. This is happening more and more.

The playlist updates are great, but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about the bigger issues. This is a 10+ year old game. The amount of issues and bugs in this are ridiculously high. No wonder MCC population is declining.

If this is how the new halo is gonna be, I don't like the chances of it doing well or having a sizable population. Please address the bigger issues rather than just making playlist changes.
Right now they're focusing on Reach and PC, which is why there's a bit of a drought of actual game and server-side updates. I imagine we'll be getting some substantive updates with the launch of Reach. It sounds like their working on fixes to the existing games in MCC for when they come to PC, so more should be on the way when each arrives.

MCC seems to still be very much a work-in-progress. It sounds like lots of things are happening behind the scenes right now, so hopefully the relative lack of support the game has had recently is worth it in the long run.
Halo: MCC - 8 player FFA - Action Sack - RACE (new maps should use Mongoose)
Two new community-made race maps were added to the playlist, both built in H2A.
They are excellent maps that would play even better with players on mongoose. The Halo 3 race maps use the mongoose, couldn't these?
Please make this minor adjustment for an overall better player experience.
Thank you
Join match in progress for Social Games needs to be added asap. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't already been added. Players leaving early is still a big issue in MCC and punishments for quitters isn't gonna completely fix it. Match in progress will help keep games from becoming one-sided.
It's actually incredible that the Sword managed to make it into Midship 1v1 matchmaking. Please remove it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11