Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11

This post has been hidden.

I can’t play multiplayer at all. I’ve rang Xbox and spoke to them for ages and they’ve told me to message you. When I try and play multiplayer it just won’t load me into a game at all. I can’t play campaign either with my mate. Really need this sorted.it says couldn’t connect to server. Please try again. Since I’ve bought the game this has happened
  • Add Team Slayer back to all Halo CE 8v8 maps
Most maps are far too large to finish a game of BTB Slayer within the game time, that's why they changed the offerings. The games become more of a walking simulator and hangout session than a Halo match because of how spread out a team of 8 is on maps like Death Island, Ice Fields, and Infinity. People then get bored and start to quit, making games go on even longer.

It also doesn't help that there just aren't a whole lot of BTB maps for CE. It would be better if they raised the weighting on some rarer reasonably sized maps like Boarding Action and Gephyrophobia.

EDIT: Okay, this new version of Troy in H2C Action Sack is probably the single worst game type in the Match Composer. Real Troy was never played on Ascension, it was played on Coagulation, with one life per player and as a CTF game so everyone spawned at their base. No shields Brute Shots on Ascension is just asking for disaster, especially if one team controls the two Sniper Towers, since the other team will endlessly spawn Banshee Bridge or middle, making for a pretty infuriating experience considering anything within a Brute Shot grenade's splash damage radius is an instakill without shields. It's sad that this abomination uses its namesake. Swap that out with something like Boxing, something with an actual completable objective, still stays true to its namesake, doesn't rely on honor rules, and is fair for either both teams or all players involved.
I know I’m not the first to say this, but fix your banning system. You shouldn’t get banned for losing connection to Xbox live. 5 minutes sucks, but I deal with it. This time I’m banned for one hour... Come on now...
kunze420 wrote:
You shouldn’t get banned for losing connection to Xbox live.
I'm sure they would if they knew when someone disconnected on purpose versus an outage out of your control. They have to treat them the same to prevent abuse.
I would love the possibility to que up for slayer, flag and koth only. Bomb, oddball, ricochet and stuff is not something I enjoy playing that much, and I think it's a shame that you can't choose the classics only, so to speak.
Well, it was possible back in the day, but unfortunately Objective in its different shapes was getting empty. So, to keep it alive and to prevent what happened with Halo:Reach/H3 Team Objective playlist or Team Skirmish, they decided to merge up some of them.

By that way, enjoying any kind of Objective gametype is still possible, although at the cost of playing some that are not highly populated. But as I see it it's better for everyone that likes these gametypes; we can enjoy our favourite ones and also help the rest of the community to play Oddball/Bomb...

In my case, I prefer Territories over KOTH and Bomb/Flag more or less the same. If they were separed, it would be really hard to get (based in more randomness and population spreading), unless they enable crossplay between PC and the different types of Xbox consoles. Even then, sadly Objective gametypes alone would die pretty quickly (Ranked section of MCC, H3, Reach and H5 with Slayer overweighted shows it).
That's an excellent point. Gotta get good at bomb I guess ;)
I can’t play multiplayer at all. I’ve rang Xbox and spoke to them for ages and they’ve told me to message you. When I try and play multiplayer it just won’t load me into a game at all. I can’t play campaign either with my mate. Really need this sorted.it says couldn’t connect to server. Please try again. Since I’ve bought the game this has happened
You can try posting in the support section, this is for feedback on matchmaking issues.
I cannot play multiplayer in a fun way again. Skill differences are overwhelming and the parameters seems to be non existant.

Moreover, servers and connection are so bad chosen, East US 2 is a nightmare, at least give us optional restrictions... Come on... I used to play this game but this is laughable.
Better map rotation. Playin the same 3-4 maps out of the 50 is a joke. The wait and load times kills my time, like the ban hammer when it rains, and the ports are just all around horrible for the Xbox1. I really am upset that this was passed as the “real” halo experience. 343 is 0 for 3.
Can 343 discuss with the community plans for addressing quitters and idlers in the next blog?
On the loading screen leading into a match I seemed to have been booted out because it switched back to the halo ring loading screen from the map loading screen and then went black for several minutes and I couldn’t do anything. Then I’m assuming when the match ended I got forced back into the lobby with the people from that game (which I wasn’t able to play). Weird.
The 8 player FFA needs to be lowered to 6. 8 player is absolute crap as the only way to play free for all. It was okay for Halo 3 RP because you played on larger maps like sandbox and rats nest with caring game types like infection and juggernaut. The spawns are on top of each other which makes the game borderline unplayable on smaller maps (Heratic, Guardian, Warlock, Citadel) and maps that have specific power positions (Construct, Snowbound, Foundry). Dropping the required player count down to six will also reduce wait times for games since you will have to find fewer players for a game.
Game: Halo 3 multiplayer
Issue: the game still has the bloodshots and not detecting the shots. 2 days ago i was playing BTB in Valhala and a guy was with a sniper and he shot me, but my shields never dropped down, but they glowed. Then in the next match, an enemy was AFK, i wanted to kill him, and it took me 7 bursts of the BR in the head to kill him. Later, in another match, i needed an entire AR clip to kill someone at the distance of the shotgun´s red reticle range (and possibly he was having the same problem, becuase he shot me a lot of times with the BR, but i killed him first). I dont think its my internet, because i have 20mb/s of download speed, just 85 of ping to the server, and i always use ethernet wires, not wifi.
It is completely random, sometimes it happensn and sometimes no, so im not able to recreate it.
I hope you can fix this in a future update
jmandude15 wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
Are you guys going to do anything about the connection issues? People keep getting booted when the game is loading (Halo 3 Hardcore). Now, it may not matter in Social as much, but in Ranked playlists, people are deranking. And it makes no sense to derank when its 3v4 or 2v4 in an objective match (or even slayer). Why do I have to derank because someone got booted or left the game? How the heck do you win a CTF match when its 3v4?

Furthermore, after every 2-3 games; when I search again, I get kicked back to the "select playlist" screen. I have to restart the app again. This is happening more and more.

The playlist updates are great, but it doesn't seem like anything is being done about the bigger issues. This is a 10+ year old game. The amount of issues and bugs in this are ridiculously high. No wonder MCC population is declining.

If this is how the new halo is gonna be, I don't like the chances of it doing well or having a sizable population. Please address the bigger issues rather than just making playlist changes.
Right now they're focusing on Reach and PC, which is why there's a bit of a drought of actual game and server-side updates. I imagine we'll be getting some substantive updates with the launch of Reach. It sounds like their working on fixes to the existing games in MCC for when they come to PC, so more should be on the way when each arrives.

MCC seems to still be very much a work-in-progress. It sounds like lots of things are happening behind the scenes right now, so hopefully the relative lack of support the game has had recently is worth it in the long run.
No offence, but that is a horrible way to look at it.

That just means they have abandoned the maintenance of old games and replaced it with new games to make more money.

I completely understand as they are developing new games and I'm highly looking forward to it. However, they cannot just put something on the back burner because they have new games to work on. I work in IT and you don't abandon your old systems to work on new ones. Clients will be extremely upset and demand their money back.

Another thing that they need to start doing is at least address some of these posts here. They can either say that they're working on it, or that they don't want to work on it for whatever reason. Of course, they can't answer every post. However, they should do something about the bigger issues that come up time and time again. Connections and matchmaking, people getting booted and so on. What is the point of having a feedback section, when you can't even address the issues?

Personally, I have not seen one single post from 343 here (maybe I missed it).
Rippin SS wrote:
The 8 player FFA needs to be lowered to 6. 8 player is absolute crap as the only way to play free for all. It was okay for Halo 3 RP because you played on larger maps like sandbox and rats nest with caring game types like infection and juggernaut. The spawns are on top of each other which makes the game borderline unplayable on smaller maps (Heratic, Guardian, Warlock, Citadel) and maps that have specific power positions (Construct, Snowbound, Foundry). Dropping the required player count down to six will also reduce wait times for games since you will have to find fewer players for a game.
Social FFA has consistently been 8 players since Halo 2's Rumble Pit. 6 players was only done for H3's Ranked Lone Wolves playlist. And the spawns are fine, it's how you manage them. Sometimes you catch a bad spawn and you just have to fight your way out of it. It's part of the FFA niche. You don't exactly have a teammate you can spawn on so by nature you will have at least one, if not seven other people, see you on spawn. If this isn't your style of play, then FFA is not for you.

And sorry but I don't recall Rat's Nest being in any FFA offering, nor Infection modes outside of Action Sack? Not to mention, I find FFA games rather quickly as is, regardless of what hoppers I apply to the Match Composer, save specifically H3 FFA Action Sack (that stuff ran its course many months ago).
the spawn system in halo 3 is still a bit off. sometime you spawn right next to an enemy. in the video above i spawn on the edge of an energy drain and get easily cleaned off because of it (this happened on august 14th). in other matches i also spawn sometimes next to enemies, even if other spawning areas would be clear. yesterday, august 19th, i spawned 3 times with shots already fired at or near me on an BTB game on rats nest.
Halo is the best for me.
iiBloxorz wrote:
Rippin SS wrote:
Social FFA has consistently been 8 players since Halo 2's Rumble Pit. 6 players was only done for H3's Ranked Lone Wolves playlist. And the spawns are fine, it's how you manage them. Sometimes you catch a bad spawn and you just have to fight your way out of it. It's part of the FFA niche. You don't exactly have a teammate you can spawn on so by nature you will have at least one, if not seven other people, see you on spawn. If this isn't your style of play, then FFA is not for you.

And sorry but I don't recall Rat's Nest being in any FFA offering, nor Infection modes outside of Action Sack? Not to mention, I find FFA games rather quickly as is, regardless of what hoppers I apply to the Match Composer, save specifically H3 FFA Action Sack (that stuff ran its course many months ago).
I remember that Halo 3 Rumble Pit was 8 player, as I stated in my original post. Rats Nest was in the slate for Rumble Pit in Halo 3, as was Sandbox. Both Braiiins and Save One Bullet were infection game modes you could match in Rumble Pit. I know this because I had over 10K exp in Halo 3, and 5 star generals in both Lone Wolves and Rumble Pit with a 50 in the Lone Wolves playlist. So, to my point, the spawns in this game are not the same as they were back on the original Halo 3 and the fact that you are stuck on the smaller maps, almost exclusively, makes the game play overly hectic. When you are top gold on Guardian and a player spawns on top you at invis when you are low shields from a fight, it is a problem. Telling me then FFA is not for me because I see a problem is dismissive and unproductive, but I guess that is what you do when you have no counter-argument. The maps that suffer most from this problem, from what I have seen, are Guardian, Heratic, High Ground, Construct, Foundry, Snowbound, and Warlock (for H2A). The spawning is on top of each other in every game I play on those maps, which becomes more of a frustration than anything. Those maps, being smaller, work better for 6 player FFA, 4v4, and 2v2. Since that list of maps above comprises the majority of the maps you get in FFA, you spend a lot of time annoyed at the game itself for being too crowded. If you talk to ANYONE in the FFA searches, like I do, they say the same thing, 8 players is too many. So sorry, but if you played the playlist you might see what I and everyone I have talked to is referring to.

Oh, and since you knew better than me. Here is a link to my Bungie.net profile for a game of Rumble Pit on Rats Nest, so you can recall better. :)
https://halo.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1916592299&player=hydricide
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11