Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11
Any one wanting to play halo 3 old infection maps let me know i have jenga sky castle duck hunt halo left 4 dead kiddy lane trash compacter and moremy username is @snowman live add me
Rippin SS wrote:
iiBloxorz wrote:
Rippin SS wrote:
The 8 player FFA needs to be lowered to 6. 8 player is absolute crap as the only way to play free for all. It was okay for Halo 3 RP because you played on larger maps like sandbox and rats nest with caring game types like infection and juggernaut. The spawns are on top of each other which makes the game borderline unplayable on smaller maps (Heratic, Guardian, Warlock, Citadel) and maps that have specific power positions (Construct, Snowbound, Foundry). Dropping the required player count down to six will also reduce wait times for games since you will have to find fewer players for a game.
Social FFA has consistently been 8 players since Halo 2's Rumble Pit. 6 players was only done for H3's Ranked Lone Wolves playlist. And the spawns are fine, it's how you manage them. Sometimes you catch a bad spawn and you just have to fight your way out of it. It's part of the FFA niche. You don't exactly have a teammate you can spawn on so by nature you will have at least one, if not seven other people, see you on spawn. If this isn't your style of play, then FFA is not for you.

And sorry but I don't recall Rat's Nest being in any FFA offering, nor Infection modes outside of Action Sack? Not to mention, I find FFA games rather quickly as is, regardless of what hoppers I apply to the Match Composer, save specifically H3 FFA Action Sack (that stuff ran its course many months ago).
I remember that Halo 3 Rumble Pit was 8 player, as I stated in my original post. Rats Nest was in the slate for Rumble Pit in Halo 3, as was Sandbox. Both Braiiins and Save One Bullet were infection game modes you could match in Rumble Pit. I know this because I had over 10K exp in Halo 3, and 5 star generals in both Lone Wolves and Rumble Pit with a 50 in the Lone Wolves playlist. So, to my point, the spawns in this game are not the same as they were back on the original Halo 3 and the fact that you are stuck on the smaller maps, almost exclusively, makes the game play overly hectic. When you are top gold on Guardian and a player spawns on top you at invis when you are low shields from a fight, it is a problem. Telling me then FFA is not for me because I see a problem is dismissive and unproductive, but I guess that is what you do when you have no counter-argument. The maps that suffer most from this problem, from what I have seen, are Guardian, Heratic, High Ground, Construct, Foundry, Snowbound, and Warlock (for H2A). The spawning is on top of each other in every game I play on those maps, which becomes more of a frustration than anything. Those maps, being smaller, work better for 6 player FFA, 4v4, and 2v2. Since that list of maps above comprises the majority of the maps you get in FFA, you spend a lot of time annoyed at the game itself for being too crowded. If you talk to ANYONE in the FFA searches, like I do, they say the same thing, 8 players is too many. So sorry, but if you played the playlist you might see what I and everyone I have talked to is referring to.

Oh, and since you knew better than me. Here is a link to my Bungie.net profile for a game of Rumble Pit on Rats Nest, so you can recall better. :)
https://halo.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1916592299&player=hydricide
My apologies for saying what I did, I'd forgotten that Rat's Nest and Save One Bullet/Brains were in OG Rumble Pit (I had offerings confused with Lone Wolves). I was also a bit rude, my response wasn't fair. But I still don't see how reducing the player count to 8 fixes the spawns issue, if the spawns are different than OG H3. If the spawns do get fixed, then it is possible that the issue may get resolved there, with players having a better opportunity to get out of poor situations. I'd say that Warlock does rides the fence on being too small though, 8 players on Warlock gets pretty hectic, be it FFA or 4v4.
I may be absolutely in the minority here. And that's fine. But I think it'd be worth looking at the percentages for BR start game variations in social slayer playlists.

My friends and I play a lot of H2, H2A and H3 social slayer. Our days of caring about being uber competitive in Halo and playing ranked playlists are long gone (though who knows, it might change when Reach comes out). We just like to play to, you know, enjoy the games that we've loved forever. And the MCC lets us do that, and it's awesome.

But on any given night, it seems that 7 or 8 out of 10 games are BR starts. That seems a bit much for the social slayer playlists, especially in those games. I don't know what the actual percentages are for BR vs. AR/SMG starts, but it seems way out of whack. If I wanted to get involved in a BR contest, I'd go play ranked. There should at least be a match composer option to chose one or the other (or both!).

Just as a note: I'm perfectly adept with the BR. It's not that I don't like it. I just think starting with it...especially in those games...takes away some of what I love about those games in terms of strategy, working around the map, weapon variety, etc.

Just my two cents.
iiBloxorz wrote:
Rippin SS wrote:
iiBloxorz wrote:
Rippin SS wrote:
The 8 player FFA needs to be lowered to 6. 8 player is absolute crap as the only way to play free for all. It was okay for Halo 3 RP because you played on larger maps like sandbox and rats nest with caring game types like infection and juggernaut. The spawns are on top of each other which makes the game borderline unplayable on smaller maps (Heratic, Guardian, Warlock, Citadel) and maps that have specific power positions (Construct, Snowbound, Foundry). Dropping the required player count down to six will also reduce wait times for games since you will have to find fewer players for a game.
Social FFA has consistently been 8 players since Halo 2's Rumble Pit. 6 players was only done for H3's Ranked Lone Wolves playlist. And the spawns are fine, it's how you manage them. Sometimes you catch a bad spawn and you just have to fight your way out of it. It's part of the FFA niche. You don't exactly have a teammate you can spawn on so by nature you will have at least one, if not seven other people, see you on spawn. If this isn't your style of play, then FFA is not for you.

And sorry but I don't recall Rat's Nest being in any FFA offering, nor Infection modes outside of Action Sack? Not to mention, I find FFA games rather quickly as is, regardless of what hoppers I apply to the Match Composer, save specifically H3 FFA Action Sack (that stuff ran its course many months ago).
I remember that Halo 3 Rumble Pit was 8 player, as I stated in my original post. Rats Nest was in the slate for Rumble Pit in Halo 3, as was Sandbox. Both Braiiins and Save One Bullet were infection game modes you could match in Rumble Pit. I know this because I had over 10K exp in Halo 3, and 5 star generals in both Lone Wolves and Rumble Pit with a 50 in the Lone Wolves playlist. So, to my point, the spawns in this game are not the same as they were back on the original Halo 3 and the fact that you are stuck on the smaller maps, almost exclusively, makes the game play overly hectic. When you are top gold on Guardian and a player spawns on top you at invis when you are low shields from a fight, it is a problem. Telling me then FFA is not for me because I see a problem is dismissive and unproductive, but I guess that is what you do when you have no counter-argument. The maps that suffer most from this problem, from what I have seen, are Guardian, Heratic, High Ground, Construct, Foundry, Snowbound, and Warlock (for H2A). The spawning is on top of each other in every game I play on those maps, which becomes more of a frustration than anything. Those maps, being smaller, work better for 6 player FFA, 4v4, and 2v2. Since that list of maps above comprises the majority of the maps you get in FFA, you spend a lot of time annoyed at the game itself for being too crowded. If you talk to ANYONE in the FFA searches, like I do, they say the same thing, 8 players is too many. So sorry, but if you played the playlist you might see what I and everyone I have talked to is referring to.

Oh, and since you knew better than me. Here is a link to my Bungie.net profile for a game of Rumble Pit on Rats Nest, so you can recall better. :)
https://halo.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1916592299&player=hydricide
My apologies for saying what I did, I'd forgotten that Rat's Nest and Save One Bullet/Brains were in OG Rumble Pit (I had offerings confused with Lone Wolves). I was also a bit rude, my response wasn't fair. But I still don't see how reducing the player count to 8 fixes the spawns issue, if the spawns are different than OG H3. If the spawns do get fixed, then it is possible that the issue may get resolved there, with players having a better opportunity to get out of poor situations. I'd say that Warlock does rides the fence on being too small though, 8 players on Warlock gets pretty hectic, be it FFA or 4v4.
Hey, I appreciate the response and no worries, I just felt a bit attacked initially. I welcome discussion, just not when it stays from conversation to argument. To be honest, the spawns getting fixed would be a big help but it would, I'm assuming, require a major recode to an entire system as opposed to just dropping two players. Having 6 versus the current 8 would at least give the game a bit more breathing room due to not having as many people to spawn away from, not the perfect fix, but definitely an easier one. Matchmaking, for me anyway, can be hit or miss. Some days I find people in a matter of minutes, others I will sort for 20 minutes and give up. If we lower the player count it will leave two players off each game so every 3 matchmade games of 8 would become 4 if the player count was 6, which adds up quick. That was the primary reason I think that lowering the player count is the best (and most likely) fix.
Any one wanting to play halo 3 old infection maps let me know i have jenga sky castle duck hunt halo left 4 dead kiddy lane trash compacter and moremy username is @snowman live add me
Please use the recruiting forums for this like this in future, thanks. Feedback threads are meant for feedback, not recruiting.
Swat rules
I started the game after many months to play multiplayer with a friend and it says I'm banned? After that I searched solo and I wasn't banned, We both quit the matches to queue together and we got banned from leaving social games? Is this a thing? Why? It should be Ok in a social match; It shouldn't be Ok in a Competitive match.

Also, please consider: add an option to limit the match composer based on ping, as I am from Latin america and average ~70ms to East US (Its the best server for me, lowest is ~59ms and highest ~120ms) those values are playable but in the match I played solo, I got in a Halo 3 only Magnums Team Slayer where Hit detection didn't work for me and lag was more than evident.
Thanks for adding party matching in 2v2! The playlist is finally going to be fair. Glad you're actively taking into account community feedback and hope you continue through that path.
Great that i saw this! Because i keep having the same aggravating issue which delays my game flow. Everytime there seems to be a disconnection in the game weither it be on the opposing team or my own internet. When i get disconnected due to a external issues i STILL seem to get banned as im "Quitting" the game. Which sucks because then i get banned for a unnessary duration due to connection mistakes.
iiBloxorz wrote:
  • Add Team Slayer back to all Halo CE 8v8 maps
Most maps are far too large to finish a game of BTB Slayer within the game time, that's why they changed the offerings. The games become more of a walking simulator and hangout session than a Halo match because of how spread out a team of 8 is on maps like Death Island, Ice Fields, and Infinity. People then get bored and start to quit, making games go on even longer.

It also doesn't help that there just aren't a whole lot of BTB maps for CE. It would be better if they raised the weighting on some rarer reasonably sized maps like Boarding Action and Gephyrophobia.

EDIT: Okay, this new version of Troy in H2C Action Sack is probably the single worst game type in the Match Composer. Real Troy was never played on Ascension, it was played on Coagulation, with one life per player and as a CTF game so everyone spawned at their base. No shields Brute Shots on Ascension is just asking for disaster, especially if one team controls the two Sniper Towers, since the other team will endlessly spawn Banshee Bridge or middle, making for a pretty infuriating experience considering anything within a Brute Shot grenade's splash damage radius is an instakill without shields. It's sad that this abomination uses its namesake. Swap that out with something like Boxing, something with an actual completable objective, still stays true to its namesake, doesn't rely on honor rules, and is fair for either both teams or all players involved.
Good point. I strongly agree with you in terms of the map rotations. It's just a Blood Gulch, Hang 'Em High, and Sidewinder 24/7
jmandude15 wrote:
I'm not sure if this issue has been posted in past feedback threads, but I only recently became aware of it.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: There is a betrayal glitch on Narrows where players can effectively boot their teammates by making the game think they're getting betrayed by said teammates.
  • REPRO STEPS: Bump into a teammate and then jump onto the part of the bridge below the map. This will quickly kill you, and your death will count as a betrayal by the player you bumped into. There's a link to a video below that shows footage of the bug and does a much better job of explaining it than I can by typing.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Thanks to HeisenburgerTV for making a post about this issue here, and for making a video about it that can be found here. I don't know if this was present in legacy Halo 3 or not, but I'm guessing it probably wasn't if no one was having issues with it then.
NOTE: I'm posting this so 343 sees it and can fix this issue. This should go without saying, but to anyone else reading this, please do NOT attempt this bug in matchmaking. If you really want to see how this works for yourself, do it in a private custom game. Don't ruin someone else's matchmaking experience.
This has existed since 2007. If this is going to be fixed, it is worth mentioning that Blackout has a betrayal glitch under sword spawn, which has also existed since 2007.
Remove quit bans entirely.
As a big team battle fanatic, I see too many players quitting right after our team of 8 players stomp on these kids. You need have a big team battle ranking playlist since the social big team battle playlist is for casual gaming. I won’t mention any gamertags but you know who you are people. Stop quitting and cover your teammates by using your weapons.
Just got temporarily banned until august 21 2019 at 6:05 pm. It august 21 2019 9:05pm. Help.
I see that you added party matching to team doubles in social, that’s great, but this should also be implemented to ranked doubles playlist as well. Any plan to do that?
LOCAL ONLY MATCHMAKING SEARCH FILTER. I am Australian, and I have not had one lag free game yet. Literally 0. It makes is so difficult to have a great gaming experience when I shoot someone in the back with a shotty and then they turn around 2 seconds later and drop me. It really ruins it. I am sure anyone not in the U.S knows exactly what I am talking about. (Like this comment and let's get it to the top so they can address it)
Okay, we got party matching for Social Doubles. Cool, that's great. But 4v4 and 8v8 are still an awful mess. Can we get something done with that too please?
Can you please add all the H3 BTB maps to Action Sack BTB?
Bring more maps for Halo 2 Anniversary if possible.
MauRo NRa wrote:
I started the game after many months to play multiplayer with a friend and it says I'm banned? After that I searched solo and I wasn't banned, We both quit the matches to queue together and we got banned from leaving social games? Is this a thing? Why? It should be Ok in a social match; It shouldn't be Ok in a Competitive match.Also, please consider: add an option to limit the match composer based on ping, as I am from Latin america and average ~70ms to East US (Its the best server for me, lowest is ~59ms and highest ~120ms) those values are playable but in the match I played solo, I got in a Halo 3 only Magnums Team Slayer where Hit detection didn't work for me and lag was more than evident.
Uhm, it should never be OK to leave a match, no matter if it's social or not. It ruins the match for the rest of the team and not everyone gets their kicks from competitive.
That being said I've struggled a bit with shot reg myself after the latest update (I'm from Denmark and usually end up on East US 2), along with the glitch where you get stuck if you pull up the stats by pressing menu midgame. After a couple of seconds of freeze menu (the character still moves with the 'looking at my gun' animation) you get booted. This happened to me two times within 20mins and I got banned 5mins, then 15mins. Was mildly annoying.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11