Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
Game: halo 3
issue: flaming head stays visible when picking up camo
fix: make the flaming head go away while camo is active
Halo 4 spartan ops has and tendency to lag a lot of the times and sometimes the whole game session will crash except for the host. This is probably a known problem but please fix
Imagine if 343 brought Halo 3 odst firefight to the MCC
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
All H3 BTB Related.

Consider reducing last resort and longshore rotation for slayer. Increase the frequency of classic btb maps such as Valhalla, avalanche, rats nest, standoff, and sandbox.

Increase frequency of OG sandbox/ wastelands and decrease other variants in all game modes.

Last resort and longshore should be primarily used for one sided objective.

Make the primary rotation of slayer be maps that have definitive bases that avoid making spawns swap/ get jumbled.

Remove spawns from the elephants. Better yet, remove the elephants.

Lastly, make teams of similar skill - rather than each team getting a few that are required to carry and the rest are fodder. This does result in close games - but for the wrong reason. New players get slaughtered and good players are required to do well every game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Infection maps
I may be absolutely in the minority here. And that's fine. But I think it'd be worth looking at the percentages for BR start game variations in social slayer playlists.

My friends and I play a lot of H2, H2A and H3 social slayer. Our days of caring about being uber competitive in Halo and playing ranked playlists are long gone (though who knows, it might change when Reach comes out). We just like to play to, you know, enjoy the games that we've loved forever. And the MCC lets us do that, and it's awesome.

But on any given night, it seems that 7 or 8 out of 10 games are BR starts. That seems a bit much for the social slayer playlists, especially in those games. I don't know what the actual percentages are for BR vs. AR/SMG starts, but it seems way out of whack. If I wanted to get involved in a BR contest, I'd go play ranked. There should at least be a match composer option to chose one or the other (or both!).

Just as a note: I'm perfectly adept with the BR. It's not that I don't like it. I just think starting with it...especially in those games...takes away some of what I love about those games in terms of strategy, working around the map, weapon variety, etc.

Just my two cents.
Just to add a little more context to this: Two night ago, had the match composer set to H2, H2A, H3 social slayer. We got 11 straight matches of BR start slayer. Frankly, that's ridiculous. It completely takes away the fun of the game, all the different weapons and map strategies. Either the percentages need to be changed or "normal" vs. BR starts needs to be an option in the match composer. I don't mind the occasional BR start game type. But it'd sure be nice to NOT have to play it almost all the time.
I may be absolutely in the minority here. And that's fine. But I think it'd be worth looking at the percentages for BR start game variations in social slayer playlists.

My friends and I play a lot of H2, H2A and H3 social slayer. Our days of caring about being uber competitive in Halo and playing ranked playlists are long gone (though who knows, it might change when Reach comes out). We just like to play to, you know, enjoy the games that we've loved forever. And the MCC lets us do that, and it's awesome.

But on any given night, it seems that 7 or 8 out of 10 games are BR starts. That seems a bit much for the social slayer playlists, especially in those games. I don't know what the actual percentages are for BR vs. AR/SMG starts, but it seems way out of whack. If I wanted to get involved in a BR contest, I'd go play ranked. There should at least be a match composer option to chose one or the other (or both!).

Just as a note: I'm perfectly adept with the BR. It's not that I don't like it. I just think starting with it...especially in those games...takes away some of what I love about those games in terms of strategy, working around the map, weapon variety, etc.

Just my two cents.
Just to add a little more context to this: Two night ago, had the match composer set to H2, H2A, H3 social slayer. We got 11 straight matches of BR start slayer. Frankly, that's ridiculous. It completely takes away the fun of the game, all the different weapons and map strategies. Either the percentages need to be changed or "normal" vs. BR starts needs to be an option in the match composer. I don't mind the occasional BR start game type. But it'd sure be nice to NOT have to play it almost all the time.
This. There's no one that wouldn't benefit from this. Even BR starts supporters would have an option to forget about Auto starts forever.

BR + Auto starts (a.k.a Slayer Pro) forces you to act smartly and not run in the open, and also gives you a weapon that can hold its own against nearly the whole sandbox, whether it's the weak side or the power guns. Moreover, you still can dual-wield given the opportunity and you can always compete against a Sniper. In addition, you can assist your teammates easily from any point of the map. It's the standard in Hardcore and Ranked, and has a lot of support due to giving you an utility weapon. I've get used to them and you never feel overwhelmed as there's always a chance to come back. Headshots become common place and you're screwed if you don't take advantage of button tricks or combinations with the BR. They also can work in nearly any size, map, gametype (mainly Slayer) and environment, with the disadvantage of losing weapon variety and cover strategies (aside from a few obvious ones). The problems come when you get Warlord or some really close map with long sights that lead to spawn killing and annoyance.

Auto only starts (a.k.a Slayer/Standard Settings) makes you think out of the box to fastly improve that lonely gun with another dual or to take that BR/Carbine without being noticed. Not only that, by starting with a weak gun that barely defends itself outside of close range, you must take more care about controlling many weapon spots that are not limited to the power ones, and allows for map controlling. Paired with that, as there's only 1 or 2 precise weapons in the match, you don't have to worry as much for getting stomped at unbelievable ranges, so that you end up with a more newcomer-friendly environment. And it should be pointed out that in this settings every weapon gets its niche and purpose; even the Needler can be useful to contest that sniper that's not looking at you at range, which translates in variety and lets you discover the map. Furthermore, getting guns and recovering them from the opposite team (given the worst situation where you lose the whole power weapon sandbox in the map, which would be pretty rare if skill matching worked correctly) requires tactics, valuable teamwork, assists and clever strategies, in a way that never ensures your win as balance is constantly turning. You have to hide, crouch, get cover and use your whole options to survive; otherwise it's really risky and you're gonna die. Even veterans can find a challenge there. Dual-wielding is clearly more emphasized as it gets the position of a key feature. For Objective they're ideal, as you're not defenseless when taking the Flag and have more possibilities of being able to be sneaky and capture it but sadly rarely work outside of the 4v4 size and close enough maps (Elongation, Backwash, Turf, Gemini, Midship...).

But, I'd improve them not to be so weak at the start, by replacing SMG with Silenced SMG and adding a Pistol to every auto only loadout, testing them firstly in Halo 2: Anniversary exclusively. By that way, you get some range capabilities, aswell as a headshot weapon to begin with (meant for support obviously or to dual-wield it). They could work in 2v2 and 4v4.

With that said, I honestly think that both options should be included, if you don't like one of them you are always able to refuse to do it; just give chances for everyone to enjoy their preferences. And if you think one of them is not the way Halo should be played, that's entirely subjective aswell as this post. It's not going to decrease or divide population, most of them have already left or are really frustrated; old Halos never saw Auto starts completely removed for a reason. Right now, you can't even play SMG starts 1% of the time, and AR starts are annoying long-term players who like good weapons since the spawn. There are also players who don't mind occasional auto starts. Let's satisfy everyone.
I would really like to thank 343 for keeping SMG starts out of H2. SMG/AR starts are the worst and should never be a gametype you get in matchmaking. H3 has been plagued with AR starts and it's terrible, alas there are ranked playlists with population but still. Seeing people here suggest SMG starts for H2 is just awful, so thank you 343 for keeping H2 solid with BR starts.
Brandabs wrote:
I would really like to thank 343 for keeping SMG starts out of H2. SMG/AR starts are the worst and should never be a gametype you get in matchmaking. H3 has been plagued with AR starts and it's terrible, alas there are ranked playlists with population but still. Seeing people here suggest SMG starts for H2 is just awful, so thank you 343 for keeping H2 solid with BR starts.
Could you explain why giving an option to the SMG/AR starts supporters is something bad for the people who enjoy BR+Auto starts, please? I've not seen even one reason that's reliable. It wouldn't hurt but instead you would be able to skip the other option whenever you want, and it can be applied to get BR starts only too. Or is it necessary to remember that Halo 3 still features AR starts like 30% of the time? Just understand us and our points before being so unilateral, everyone gets advantages.

I certainly can't understand why this game barely offer options for players; TU/Non TU Slayer for Reach, datacenter selection (getting East US 2 all the time), skill matching preferences, custom games browser and so on that don't come to my mind right now. If you don't like something, to be honest you don't have to choose it nor you're forced to enjoy or even try it. But let people play what they were allowed to before the MCC big update, in Xbox 360 Reach, Xbox 360 Halo 3 and Xbox Halo 2. It's not a matter of how the game should be played; that's entirely subjective, just like Halo 2 being solid with BR starts, and the minority shouldn't be left behind just because they're in the low side of things.

Auto only starts is a concept that never ensures your win as a bit of tactics and skill can outperform the enemies (given the worst situation where you and your mates are left with no upgrades available), which spells in constant balance reverses, where focus, strategies and map control actually count as match results factors. Also, as someone said, when using these guns, such as the SMG, shotgun, needler... you have to be able to think about the range and power of the gun given the situation, and make a decision. This highly involves skill as well. Knowing how powerful each gun is at each range, which gun to use when and where their spawn spots are (remember BR tower in Lockout?). However, it would be miles better with Silenced SMG and Pistol, which offers some range capabilities and headshots since the start. Having a gun that can outperform everything if used correctly also removes an element of competitiveness and adds another one that opens space for BR starts, in my opinion. That's why both of them have a purpose.
Have a HARDCORE non ranked playlists for all Halos. Basically a Social Hardcore playlist.
I'd like if some changes were made to H4 Infection. The Forge maps and Hivemind variants are all really fun, the problem with the standard "Flood" gamemode. People criticized this mode back in the day on 360 and the flaws still stand. The infected players are simply too powerful. A solution to this would be to lower the amount of health they have, and also nerf or remove the thruster pack. As it currently is, the infected players can fly across the map at a ridiculous speed, and it simply isn't fair for Human players.
iTzOGt0xiC wrote:
RANKED SWAT!!!! NEED I SAY MORE!?! Cmon make it happen, the swat community is larger then u think!
Honestly
I really don't care what the rest of the "classic" community says. Hang am High is terrible on Doubles. It always was. I don't get why people defend to so much. It's completely unbalanced.
I really don't care what the rest of the "classic" community says. Hang am High is terrible on Doubles. It always was. I don't get why people defend to so much. It's completely unbalanced.
I don't really think the map itself is the issue... but the skill + party matching (which was gladly fixed for 2v2, thanks for that) non sense. I've played in Hang em High with a friend and he had no chance due to the skill gap of the enemies and their knowledge of power weapon spots, not because of the scenary.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
HALO REACH hay un error en el que el cliente me muestra medias palabras o con tipos de signos de dólar, etc. de la misma manera cuando hace cambios de video o audio, el juego es fatal o cuando va a cargar el mapa que dispara solo uno que me sale ese error fatal
Please, add a team sniper and SWAT ranked, that would be awesome, many people play these. Also remove HALO CE 2v2 ranked, and replace it with a 4v4, 2v2 is boring, at least for me.

You have to do a good update to competitive games.
I don't really think the map itself is the issue... but the skill + party matching (which was gladly fixed for 2v2, thanks for that) non sense. I've played in Hang em High with a friend and he had no chance due to the skill gap of the enemies and their knowledge of power weapon spots, not because of the scenary.
All you have to do is get to top blue if you win the first battle at the start of the match. As long as one guy is up there you can just keep spawning your teammate high to get the drop on camo and rockets. The other team will constantly get spawn killed unless they get a lucky spawn at red. At that point you're only option is to get the sniper. But unless your pistol is on point, you're not getting it, because the guy at top blue is always contesting it with way more cover than you. Even if you do manage to get the sniper and possibly the overshield, the other team will still get the camo and rockets. And as you mentioned, if you're playing against a party that knows the spawns, you have no chance of winning.
You could cut that map in half and the outcome would still be the same.
It's a largely known fact an AR/SMG starts hopper in the Composer would be practically empty at launch; nowadays, very few people who likes AR/SMG starts is still in the game nowadays, however if they saw the chance to play that again they would come back eventually. My point is that while at first it would be almost dead, after a certain time the lowest skilled players, newcomers and those who wanna try something difference once in a while can do so (let's try firstly with Silenced SMG + Pistol in H2A only and see if it works). Even if the population isn't enough for matches to be got consistently, at least you offer the chance so that you can enjoy the gametype in a similar percentage as the old MCC vote system, where AR/SMG won 10-25% of the time. You will never see more whining from any side, whoever wants and whenever can try to get only BR and skip AR/SMG or the opposite. Otherwise, at least AR starts are gonna be stuck in Halo 3 forever and you won't be able to dodge them; no matter what, it always survives. No one likes to be forced to play anything, let people choose.

Myself and many others have got used to the BR + Auto starting pack, and while it's really good and as someone described you are still able to dual-wield or to use that AR when given the chance and the right situation, you can overcome a BR or even have an easier kill than the enemy user, since the last MCC update, lots of us would also like to play the original settings again just like we did in the past. There are lots of reasons for that and one of them can be nostalgy (which is applied for everything, even to deny necessary nerfs or buffs or certain changes to the old game), paired with harder matches, risky situations, plenty of teamwork, cover strategies, guns diversity (mainly because of the upgrade mechanic) and constant turns of power that creates an enjoyable, tactically rich and balanced game in the correct maps (close) and size (4v4/2v2 if they're like SSMG + Pistol in H2A). It's true that the enemies have the same possibilites than you to perform clever tactics, but as soon as some of them makes a mistake and you take advantage of that, or surprise them, they no longer have that good weapon and the situation completely changes. Not to mention that people with more power often tend to forget about being smart and think it will be so easy to win every fight, a fact that benefit your weak team. Map control becomes really important and that includes but is not limited to power weapons; BRs, Carbines, duals and such get the same treatment; even the worst spots can be important. Your win is never ensured (for instance, once my team was in a bad situation in Ivory Tower where the enemies got 2 Snipers somehow, and we managed to steal them and reversed balance, ending up in our victory), and skill, map and sandbox knowledge get rewarded (a feature that offers BR + Auto starts too, that's why I like it too, that's why both of them have a purpose and should be represented). Keep them only in 4v4, close maps and optional for fun/nostalgy purposes. The Match Composer is our first and last chance to give both sides of the coin exclusively what they want; please don't refuse to do so as everyone gets a benefit and there won't be more complaints, ever. It's the main objective of it: variety and freedom. Throw there skill, ranks (hidden or not) and party matching and it's a perfect system.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11