Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
Please let us pick our servers, I’m from New Zealand and so sick of only playing on US Servers.

I’m sure there are enough players from down here to get at least a couple of lobbies going when it’s evening here...
Joining a ranked Halo 3 team slayer game, 2 teammates leaving on loading screen, me and my friend leave and get a 5min ban from playing the game.. nice.

Also really enjoy playing US servers when I'm in UK / EU in RANKED, I wouldn't mind in socials but in RANKED its a joke
The whole game is a joke....I never had the problems on halo3 for 360 like I do on MCC....it's not even the same game anymore..I'm disgusted!
I've never been so unpleased playing Halo than I am now. All the blood shots and the hit registration is so awful. Halo 3 for 360 never had these problems...I love halo but MCC has ruined it for me! The bans for leaving even when your team leave at loading is messed up....please fix this!
Hi there. Let me say I love HALO 3 ranked. Amazing. Only reason I play MCC still. Servers rock. Never have any issues outside of typical “halo/online” issues that are rare.

Can you (343) please tell me how the map selections are in Halo 3 Ranked? If I were to make a spreadsheet and enter every single game I play, I can guarantee you that SANBOX OR GHOST TOWN is going to be a high probability. Are these maps purposely adjusted HIGH in the random selection? Or is it just me?? I feel one never getting the “original maps /good” like the pit or guardian. I do some but nowhere as much as some of these other ones. Is it truly random or can we vote to adjust the probabilities?

my other thought is can we PLEASE bring back the veto selection. We would love that. Please reply. Thank you
DrOiiiiD wrote:
I've never been so unpleased playing Halo than I am now. All the blood shots and the hit registration is so awful. Halo 3 for 360 never had these problems...I love halo but MCC has ruined it for me! The bans for leaving even when your team leave at loading is messed up....please fix this!
I agree with this. That when teammates leave, before the game starts, we should be able to back out and not have it affect our rank....or ban us. Well I understand the rank part, that’s just part of it but the ban is silly. Imo
I really don't care what the rest of the "classic" community says. Hang am High is terrible on Doubles. It always was. I don't get why people defend to so much. It's completely unbalanced.
I want to start this post off by saying that Hang 'Em High isn't my favorite Halo 1 map. My favorite Halo 1 maps are Chill Out, Prisoner, Damnation, Downrush, Imminent, Exhibit, Outbound, Hot Box, and Decidia.

There are certain aspects of Hang 'Em High that the "classic" Halo 1 community has issues with such as the map having too many random spawns. That being said the people in the "classic" Halo 1 community that have issues with certain aspects of Hang 'Em High have learned to tolerate playing the map regardless of it's issues because it's one of the seven standard Halo 1 2v2 maps in the competitive map rotation that is still played at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments. The seven standard Halo 1 2v2 maps in the competitive map rotation that are still played at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments are Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Battle Creek, and Downrush.

You might dislike certain aspects of Hang 'Em High but I think that you might find the map to be more tolerable to play if you were to learn all of the spawns points and random spawns on the map and if you were to learn how to nade the sniper, rockets, and top power-up to yourself and to your teammate from various locations on the map. Nade jumps can also make Hang 'Em High more tolerable to play. Here are some informative Halo 1 sources on Hang 'Em High that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools.

Hang 'Em High spawns and randoms:
Hang 'Em High nade tricks:
Here's some of the Hang 'Em High nade jumps that I was reffering to:
Ogre 2's Halo 1 Tips for Hang 'Em High:
Missingno Wilder Hang 'Em High Commentary:
-Snip-
-Snip-
All you have to do is get to top blue if you win the first battle at the start of the match. As long as one guy is up there you can just keep spawning your teammate high to get the drop on camo and rockets. The other team will constantly get spawn killed unless they get a lucky spawn at red. At that point you're only option is to get the sniper. But unless your pistol is on point, you're not getting it, because the guy at top blue is always contesting it with way more cover than you. Even if you do manage to get the sniper and possibly the overshield, the other team will still get the camo and rockets. And as you mentioned, if you're playing against a party that knows the spawns, you have no chance of winning.
You could cut that map in half and the outcome would still be the same.
While it's true that top blue base is the more optimal base to control, it is also true that red base can become a more viable position to be at when you know how to random your teammate out of red base from various locations so that both you and your teammate aren't stuck at red base. Red base also becomes a more viable position to be at when you know how to nade the sniper, rockets, and top power-up to yourself and your teammate from red base. If you're at red base on an even minute and your opponent is at camo you can nade rockets back to red base to deny your opponents control of rockets.
Yoddha900 wrote:
Also remove HALO CE 2v2 ranked, and replace it with a 4v4, 2v2 is boring, at least for me.
I oppose the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist because 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo 1. 2v2 is the standard cometitive format for Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments.
That being said I don't oppose the idea of 343 adding a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist alongside the current ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist.
This game will 100% need a region lock. Its asked for in nearly every game yet it never seems to get implemented. why is that?
This game will 100% need a region lock. Its asked for in nearly every game yet it never seems to get implemented. why is that?
The game relaunched with that in place last year and so many people complained because they couldn't get matches, so it was removed. If you want to consistently be able to get matches, you can't have stuff like this enabled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stckrboy wrote:
The game relaunched with that in place last year and so many people complained because they couldn't get matches, so it was removed. If you want to consistently be able to get matches, you can't have stuff like this enabled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well cant they have a toggle option instead? Because there are some people out there that would much prefer playing on a stable connection to everyone and won't mind having a little longer wait time. Myself included would love this.
Its good and runs perfectly on my PC also haven't came across any glitches so far
xxcloud7xx wrote:
I really don't care what the rest of the "classic" community says. Hang am High is terrible on Doubles. It always was. I don't get why people defend to so much. It's completely unbalanced.
I want to start this post off by saying that Hang 'Em High isn't my favorite Halo 1 map. My favorite Halo 1 maps are Chill Out, Prisoner, Damnation, Downrush, Imminent, Exhibit, Outbound, Hot Box, and Decidia.

There are certain aspects of Hang 'Em High that the "classic" Halo 1 community has issues with such as the map having too many random spawns. That being said the people in the "classic" Halo 1 community that have issues with certain aspects of Hang 'Em High have learned to tolerate playing the map regardless of it's issues because it's one of the seven standard Halo 1 2v2 maps in the competitive map rotation that is still played at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments. The seven standard Halo 1 2v2 maps in the competitive map rotation that are still played at Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments are Chill Out, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Damnation, Derelict, Battle Creek, and Downrush.

You might dislike certain aspects of Hang 'Em High but I think that you might find the map to be more tolerable to play if you were to learn all of the spawns points and random spawns on the map and if you were to learn how to nade the sniper, rockets, and top power-up to yourself and to your teammate from various locations on the map. Nade jumps can also make Hang 'Em High more tolerable to play. Here are some informative Halo 1 sources on Hang 'Em High that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools.

Hang 'Em High spawns and randoms:
  • https://halospawns.com/
  • Hang 'Em High Random Spawns
  • Hang 'Em High Breakdown with Spawns
  • Must Know Tricks for Hang Em High: Pt 1
Hang 'Em High nade tricks:
  • https://www.halonades.com/
  • Hang Em Nades
  • Halo 1 Grenade Tricks
  • Halo 1 Grenade Tricks - Hang 'em High
  • Halo 1 ART OF NADE
Here's some of the Hang 'Em High nade jumps that I was reffering to:
  • https://youtu.be/l-aVTcZOAp8?t=1157
  • https://youtu.be/Bv5R3sDVA7U?t=1193
Ogre 2's Halo 1 Tips for Hang 'Em High:
  • Ogre 2's Halo 1 Tips (Part 1)
Missingno Wilder Hang 'Em High Commentary:
  • Virginia LAN 2v2 Hang 'Em High Commentary - Halo 1 Neutral Host
-Snip-
-Snip-
All you have to do is get to top blue if you win the first battle at the start of the match. As long as one guy is up there you can just keep spawning your teammate high to get the drop on camo and rockets. The other team will constantly get spawn killed unless they get a lucky spawn at red. At that point you're only option is to get the sniper. But unless your pistol is on point, you're not getting it, because the guy at top blue is always contesting it with way more cover than you. Even if you do manage to get the sniper and possibly the overshield, the other team will still get the camo and rockets. And as you mentioned, if you're playing against a party that knows the spawns, you have no chance of winning.
You could cut that map in half and the outcome would still be the same.
While it's true that top blue base is the more optimal base to control, it is also true that red base can become a more viable position to be at when you know how to random your teammate out of red base from various locations so that both you and your teammate aren't stuck at red base. Red base also becomes a more viable position to be at when you know how to nade the sniper, rockets, and top power-up to yourself and your teammate from red base. If you're at red base on an even minute and your opponent is at camo you can nade rockets back to red base to deny your opponents control of rockets.
Yoddha900 wrote:
Also remove HALO CE 2v2 ranked, and replace it with a 4v4, 2v2 is boring, at least for me.
I oppose the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist because 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo 1. 2v2 is the standard cometitive format for Halo 1 LANs and Halo 1 tournaments.
  • http://beach-lan.com/
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/jwm03g/featured
  • https://www.twitch.tv/beachlan
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5-j9SHO0oA
  • https://ugcevents.gg/haloclassic/
That being said I don't oppose the idea of 343 adding a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist alongside the current ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist.
Thanks for the tips and links especially from Ogre, but I never said I wanted ranked 2v2 removed from ranked. I know that doubles is how CE is meant to be played because of the spawn system. I just don't like Hang an high.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
Thanks for the tips and links especially from Ogre, but I never said I wanted ranked 2v2 removed from ranked. I know that doubles is how CE is meant to be played because of the spawn system. I just don't like Hang an high.
You're welcome for the tips and links for Hang 'Em High.

I think that there might be a misunderstanding. To clarify, my response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist wasn't directed towards you. My response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist was directed towards Yoddha900. I quoted Yoddha900 and responded to his post.
Quick question for y'all:
Downloaded the pre-release for Reach and haven'e been able to connect to a multiplayer game yet i keep getting notices saying
"LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line:1128]"
then the game closes saying there is an error. Anyone else having this problem or is it on me and my pc specifically? Everything else works fine like menus and settings and all that.
Downloaded the pre-release for Reach and haven'e been able to connect to a multiplayer game yet i keep getting notices saying
then the game closes saying there is an error. Anyone else having this problem or is it on me and my pc specifically? Everything else works fine like menus and settings and all that.
support.halowaypoint.com is the site you want to use for Insider bug reporting—use your Insider email address to log in.
Make sure to check this known issues list or use the website's search bar beforehand in case it's been brought up already; if there's anything on what you're experiencing, you'll find it there.
support.halowaypoint.com is the site you want to use for Insider bug reporting—use your Insider email address to log in.
Make sure to check this known issues list or use the website's search bar beforehand in case it's been brought up already; if there's anything on what you're experiencing, you'll find it there.
thank you! Didn't know that existed sounds like some others are having the same issue so hopefully it'll be resolved soon!
Please put back Sudden Death Timer on objective games. A 3 minute game of 1 flag is not enough and you are killing all the fun of the game.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
ISSUE: Trait Zones still do not function in Halo 4 Forge. In Halo 4 on 360, you would press start and there would be an option to manage trait-zone properties. There is no such option in MCC. Trait Zones were a very unique mechanic of H4 Forge and I'd love to see this issue resolved!
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
You're welcome for the tips and links for Hang 'Em High.

I think that there might be a misunderstanding. To clarify, my response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist wasn't directed towards you. My response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist was directed towards Yoddha900. I quoted Yoddha900 and responded to his post.
I would say that Longest is the worst map for CE, but I actually enjoy Hang Em High a lot. I see where you're coming from tho.
Is there a way Objective games in H2C can have at least 2 minutes of sudden death? I know it was removed for a reason but the current time is simply not enough to enjoy one-sided gametypes.
Competetive mode is dead. Why? The game modes featured in the playlist are extremely limited. The fun playlists are all in Social Games. You guys at 343i have to notice that there's hardly anyone in Competetive Mode, and that's the reason why. You need to update it to add more gametypes, like SWAT and Snipers. Also Lone Wolf and Team Slayer on all Halo's. Not only to breathe new life into competetive mode, but also to balance the game modes, because atleast SWAT and Snipers were ranked on Halo 3 and I believe REACH. They aren't "Social Games" material, because especially Snipers, just isn't fun when the skill gaps are too high. Please consider fixing these issues. I've posted a similar comment on the "Ehy was I banned?" forum.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11