Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - August 2019

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
Anyone else encountering a problem where matchmaking on MCC is literally unplayable? In the middle of my games I go black screen, the game selects a new host, and then it kicks me back out to the main menu. This has been happening to me for months now. I have tried using a different console, tried uninstalling & reinstalling MCC, tried wired & wireless network connection; I have literally moved states and this issue still persists. The ports themselves of CE/H2/H3 are complete trash, but now I can't even play ranked nor social because of quit bans due to losses in host connection during every single match...
  • Halo MCC Game: Halo 4
  • Issue: The game ended up going to black screen where on legacy Halo 4 the game will correct itself and get back going after a few seconds but the game ends up booting me out, not by my doing but the servers doing it and I get banned for 5 mins!
  • Repro Steps: Simply play Matchmaking and have it go to black screen because it won't fix itself, you'll end up being booted from the server where you have to wait 5 whole mins just to keep playing the game you have to originally wait 5 mins plus just to play!
  • Additional Info: This isn't my first issue but I would hope that Halo MCC would get updated and not boot out people for laggy games that end up resulting in 5 mins bans
How hard would it also be to take the 5 min ban from 1 quit to at least 3 or 5 quits or boots? If you get booted out from everyone having a bad connection just 1 time you get a ban. Hopefully with MCC coming to PC and that crowd being non filtered in their opinions that 343 will have to adjust and really bring huge improvements. I just want to be able to accidently quit or get booted and not be punished for 1 thing
Is there a way Objective games in H2C can have at least 2 minutes of sudden death? I know it was removed for a reason but the current time is simply not enough to enjoy one-sided gametypes.
It wouldn't matter if sudden death was 2 minutes or 5 seconds, people would still exploit it.

Anyone else encountering a problem where matchmaking on MCC is literally unplayable? In the middle of my games I go black screen, the game selects a new host, and then it kicks me back out to the main menu.
The only time that would happen to me was on the H4 Forge maps. Have you tried using a different modem/router to see if it changes anything? I noticed you didn't mention that so maybe it could be something to do with it like a port or firewall issue for example. Obviously not an expert, but just throwing things out there.
Game: halo 3
Gametype: neutral bomb BR
Issue: spelling error in loading screen
Says 'tems' instead of 'teams'

How embarrassing :p
Give me some mad nameplate for finding your mistake yo ;)

I have a screenshot, but no idea how to upload it.
SquattingxBear, this happens to me pretty much every second day and in the middle of great matches.

The only way I've found to manage this problem would be keeping any updates on my xbox on pause or updated the previous day followed by proper restarts.

It's getting more frustrating with people lagging out of games and when it happens to me during a kill streak, it just becomes unmanageable... maybe Halo servers need an upgrade with all the new recruits jumping on :/
GAME: All of them
ISSUE: Queue times in Australia are horrendous for any playlist that isn't Social Slayer. I haven't been able to play Big Team Battle, Free-For-All, Infection, Team Arena games, or any of the Ranked playlists at all this year. I don't know why, but Social Slayer is legitimately the only playlist I can find matches in. It makes MCC's experience stale and boring, and I don't have many other FPS games to play instead.
REPRO STEPS: Connect to the internet (in Aus), try and find a game. There are dozens of similar complaints from fellow Australians and New Zealanders on this website, as well as on Reddit.
Postums wrote:
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I have a suggestion to add back into MCC. This is regarding any lobby you host either custom games or a forge. There was an option to not only have privacy set to Invite Only or Friends Only, there was an open lobby feature. This always helped with joining custom games or having a easy join in. I see most games seem to carry this feature along as well, I feel it would be a perfect fit.

Another added feature I’d like to suggest would be the ability to file browse through map and game variants, similar to what Halo Reach had. I would completely understand if it’s a compatibly issue. but if it’s possible, why not add that in?

Hope you consider my feedback, thanks for all the work you’ve put in to make a fantastic line up for Halo fans
Anyone else encountering a problem where matchmaking on MCC is literally unplayable? In the middle of my games I go black screen, the game selects a new host, and then it kicks me back out to the main menu. This has been happening to me for months now. I have tried using a different console, tried uninstalling & reinstalling MCC, tried wired & wireless network connection; I have literally moved states and this issue still persists. The ports themselves of CE/H2/H3 are complete trash, but now I can't even play ranked nor social because of quit bans due to losses in host connection during every single match...
I haven't experienced black screen, but I've experienced where the stat menu pops up midgame and is stuck on screen for about 15-30 sec, then I'm booted. It doesn't happen that often for me tho, but started occuring after the last update.
Postums wrote:
I have both a question and suggestion on future and current ranked multiplayer.

My question is will we keep our current ranked skills when Reach releases? I am exhausted that playlists and skills get removed/reset and is no longer shown as our highest rank obtained in game. I am obviously in favor of keeping the current playlist ranks and not resetting or removing them. However I am also in favor of removing playlists that are not Hardcore which leads to my suggestion......

My suggestion is that there should only be one ranked playlist for each title. All should be hardcore in my opinion. We have H2C/H2A/H3 Hardcore so now we need CE/4 Hardcore. The rest can be removed to better the population in competitive ranked. Add in Reach Hardcore once Reach actually drops and that will make six ranked playlists. As I said earlier in my question we should be able to keep the skill ranks already obtained in the current hardcore playlists. All other game modes can be played in the match composer.
Quote:
Quote:
Is there a way Objective games in H2C can have at least 2 minutes of sudden death? I know it was removed for a reason but the current time is simply not enough to enjoy one-sided gametypes.
It wouldn't matter if sudden death was 2 minutes or 5 seconds, people would still exploit it.
I disagree, as far as I'm concerned Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 3 already work like that. Certainly, the only problem that H2C 1 sided objective had is that the timer can be exploited to be infinite and people went outside of the map, however if you put a clear timer it's no longer an issue.
Quote:
I have both a question and suggestion on future and current ranked multiplayer.My question is will we keep our current ranked skills when Reach releases? I am exhausted that playlists and skills get removed/reset and is no longer shown as our highest rank obtained in game. I am obviously in favor of keeping the current playlist ranks and not resetting or removing them. However I am also in favor of removing playlists that are not Hardcore which leads to my suggestion...
They will use a seasonal system that resets them after the end of each round, although I don't really know if the highest achieved rank of all time will be shown then. Given that currently it dissappears whenever playlists get removed, I suppose that it won't be saved, sadly.
Quote:
Quote:
Is there a way Objective games in H2C can have at least 2 minutes of sudden death? I know it was removed for a reason but the current time is simply not enough to enjoy one-sided gametypes.
It wouldn't matter if sudden death was 2 minutes or 5 seconds, people would still exploit it.
I disagree, as far as I'm concerned Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 3 already work like that. Certainly, the only problem that H2C 1 sided objective had is that the timer can be exploited to be infinite and people went outside of the map, however if you put a clear timer it's no longer an issue.
Quote:
I have both a question and suggestion on future and current ranked multiplayer.My question is will we keep our current ranked skills when Reach releases? I am exhausted that playlists and skills get removed/reset and is no longer shown as our highest rank obtained in game. I am obviously in favor of keeping the current playlist ranks and not resetting or removing them. However I am also in favor of removing playlists that are not Hardcore which leads to my suggestion...
They will use a seasonal system that resets them after the end of each round, although I don't really know if the highest achieved rank of all time will be shown then. Given that currently it dissappears whenever playlists get removed, I suppose that it won't be saved, sadly.
That's why I asked bc I've heard it both ways. I've heard that seasonal resets are for your season ranking only (different from skill ranks) while the competitive ranks will remain. Then I've also heard what you just stated which that everything is going to be reset after each season.
I disagree, as far as I'm concerned Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 3 already work like that. Certainly, the only problem that H2C 1 sided objective had is that the timer can be exploited to be infinite and people went outside of the map, however if you put a clear timer it's no longer an issue.
Oh nevermind then. I interpreted what you said wrong. Yeah, a timer that counts down no matter what could work.
How exactly do the partial party parameters work for the new H2a ranked playlist? Also how long til we get a ranked H2c FFA?
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
Thanks for the tips and links especially from Ogre, but I never said I wanted ranked 2v2 removed from ranked. I know that doubles is how CE is meant to be played because of the spawn system. I just don't like Hang an high.
You're welcome for the tips and links for Hang 'Em High.

I think that there might be a misunderstanding. To clarify, my response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist wasn't directed towards you. My response about me opposing the idea of 343 removing the ranked Halo CE 2v2 playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 playlist was directed towards Yoddha900. I quoted Yoddha900 and responded to his post.
Yea that was my fault
I would like to say make the multiplayer matchmaking search a little more customizable like reach with good connection and whatever the other choices were I forgot
LOCAL ONLY MATCHMAKING SEARCH FILTER. I am Australian, and I have not had one lag free game yet. Literally 0. It makes is so difficult to have a great gaming experience when I shoot someone in the back with a shotty and then they turn around 2 seconds later and drop me. It really ruins it. I am sure anyone not in the U.S knows exactly what I am talking about. (Like this comment and let's get it to the top so they can address it)
to be honest I'm in the us and I know exactly what your talking about
Some of these player created maps in he H2a ranked playlist are absolutely terrible. Ive literally spawned about 5 feet behind and enemy and I’ve had it happen to me a bunch, especially on Oracle that map is baaaad for spawns.
Social matchmaking is getting unbearable. People are rubber banding everywhere, shots aren't registering, the quit ban still doesn't stop people from quitting and games become full of quitters/AFKers, and team imbalances are still frequent in 4s and 8s. The only good thing to happen recently is map and mode rotation is starting to favor more fan favorite selections, at least on the H2C side of things. All of this still happens regardless of what server I'm on, what game I'm playing, or who I'm playing with party-wise (solo queuing or with friends). All of this makes me even more disappointed the Customs Browser got deprioritized because MM is getting tiresome to put up with.
Outside of dropping the ffa player count down to six (which needs to happen) you should bring back multi-team. That was always popular and a load of fun.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Postums wrote:
I have both a question and suggestion on future and current ranked multiplayer.

My question is will we keep our current ranked skills when Reach releases? I am exhausted that playlists and skills get removed/reset and is no longer shown as our highest rank obtained in game. I am obviously in favor of keeping the current playlist ranks and not resetting or removing them. However I am also in favor of removing playlists that are not Hardcore which leads to my suggestion......

My suggestion is that there should only be one ranked playlist for each title. All should be hardcore in my opinion. We have H2C/H2A/H3 Hardcore so now we need CE/4 Hardcore. The rest can be removed to better the population in competitive ranked. Add in Reach Hardcore once Reach actually drops and that will make six ranked playlists. As I said earlier in my question we should be able to keep the skill ranks already obtained in the current hardcore playlists. All other game modes can be played in the match composer.
I oppose the idea of 343 removing the current ranked Halo CE Team doubles playlist and replacing it with a ranked Halo CE 4v4 Team Hardcore playlist because the current ranked Halo CE Team Doubles playlist is the equivalent of Team Hardcore for Halo CE and 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo CE. 2v2 is the standard competitive format for Halo CE LANs and Halo CE tournaments.

I highly recommend for you check out Beach LAN, the UGC Halo Classic Halo CE 2v2 tournament that took place earlier this year(01/12/19), and the upcoming UGC Halo Classic Halo CE 2v2 tournament in Atlantic City, New Jersey that is going to take place on 7-8 September 2019. Here's a quote from the UGC website about their upcoming Halo CE 2v2 tournament.
Quote:
Halo: Combat Evolved makes it return to the Halo Classic this September in Atlantic City. The doubles side tournament will take place at the venue from Saturday to Sunday (September 7-8) and feature a double-elimination format as well as a the lion’s share of a $2,000 prize pool for the best pair of Magnums in the Midwest. We're happy to announce UGC will furnish an authentic competitive arena for our Halo: CE 2v2 by utilizing original Xbox systems with NHE installed and CRT televisions. Duke Controllers optional.
Here are some more links for Beach LAN and the upcoming UGC Halo CE 2v2 tournament.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
Yea that was my fault
No worries dude, it's all good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11