MCC Multiplayer Feedback - December

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Quote:
MCC September Update - 9/20/2018
  • "Adding updated CTF variant for Blood Gulch"
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Blood Gulch is entirely removed from Halo CE (4v4) matchmaking. Please add Halo CE Blood Gulch to 4v4 matchmaking.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Open the match composer, and choose Halo CE.
  2. Next, choose 4v4 for the size.
  3. Select one game mode at a time, and check the "Maps in this playlist" option to see the maps.
  4. Note that Blood Gulch does not exist at all in Halo CE 4v4 matchmaking.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • The 4v4 Blood Gulch CTF addition (quoted above) was announced in the notes of the September update.
  • Blood Gulch 4v4 was not present in the 09/20/2018 update.
  • This was not fixed in the 10/03/2018 update.
  • This was not fixed in the 10/10/2018 update.
  • This was not fixed in the 11/19/2018 "November Update" with match composer, etc.
  • This was not fixed in the 11/28/2018 update.
  • Please add 4v4 Halo CE Blood Gulch game types into 4v4 matchmaking <3
LarsBars wrote:
Quote:
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Blood Gulch is entirely removed from Halo CE (4v4) matchmaking. Please add Halo CE Blood Gulch to 4v4 matchmaking.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  3. Select one game mode at a time, and check the "Maps in this playlist" option to see the maps.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • The 4v4 Blood Gulch CTF addition (quoted above) was announced in the notes of the September update.
  • This was not fixed in the 11/19/2018 "November Update" with match composer, etc.
Currently blood gulch is living in the BTB playlist only.
LarsBars wrote:
Quote:
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
Same. I check about once a week. Very frustrating.
Could we get those green/yellow/red pings up on the match scoreboards for all the Halo multiplayers? You may notice when you are playing in an online custom Halo 2 classic game that the pings are there when you look at the scores, but they aren't there in matchmaking. I want to be able to know how good or bad my connection is to a match that I'm playing in across all Halos. Here's a link to an example of the ping bars in a Halo 2 scoreboard:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrWiGtXkAEuhpj?format=jpg&name=large
1. PREGAME LOBBY, now with the addition of quit bans being implemented as well as the match composer there is no reason to hide player names in the pregame lobby, if people dodge they get quit banned now. Myself and many other players would like to see who we’re playing against, also a highest rank achieved next to player name would be nice to see in addition to reavealing names in pregame lobby.

2. RANKED GAMES. Fix the ranked matchmaking parameters, a party of 3 35+ players searching together should not be able to match a team of 4 level 10 solo searchers, this should have never made it into an update.

3. Exp progression system like in og halo 3 in addition to ranks

4. Ranked playlists OTHER than just halo 3. There are a total of 7 ranked playlists and 4 of them are Halo 3..there is no CE team arena or halo 4 arena when there should be. Halo 3 doesn’t need 4 playlists

5. Ranked ffa playlist other than just h3, h3 ffa should not have been implemented it should have been multiple halo games crossgame ffa, with it being ranked and now with quit penalties quitting would not be a problem. Many of us have been suggesting this for months now, it’s the only playlist that would do well with crossgame.

thanks
Postums wrote:
Thanks for the update. So rather than this being an "issue" this is now... "by design" ?

If that's the case, I can't say I'm happy, but I will stop tracking/posting it.
Postums wrote:
LarsBars wrote:
Quote:
[...]
  • [...]
What are the chances of that being changed in the future? Blood Gulch CTF is great for 4v4. Sadly, I didn't even get a chance to play it during its very short time in the 4v4 playlist.
Reposting from the end of the November thread:

Quote:
Match composer has been amazing. It is awesome to play the exact game I want, how I want. I have even been recognizing players that I get matched up against repeatedly who probably only search CE 8v8 too. Its pretty cool. I do have some suggestions after putting in a lot of fun hours.

GAME: HALO CE
PLAYER SIZE : 8v8

ISSUE: The main issue is how the map selection is weighed. Some games can be a real drag, mostly due to the map + game type combination. Below are some suggestions from what was popular back on PC that all the dedicated servers would run.

INCREASE the following maps/ game types (Loosely in order from most popular to least, but some can easily be moved up one place or down based on personal preference)

Blood Gulch - CTF and SLAYER and SNIPERS
Sidewinder - CTF and SLAYER and SNIPERS
Danger Canyon - CTF (my personal favorite)
Ice Fields - CTF
Timberland - CTF and SNIPERS
Hang em High -CTF and SLAYER
Gephyrophobia - CTF and SNIPERS
Death Island - CTF and SLAYER
Infinity - CTF and SNIPERS

DECREASE/REMOVE the following maps/ game types
Infinity - SLAYER and KOTH (the least enjoyable in my opinion)
Hang em High - KOTH
Death Island - SLAYER

ISSUE 2: Please remove radar from CTF. I feel like with no radar gives opportunity for players to make more OBJ plays. It can also reward being sneaky instead of just eyeing the radar when an enemy is approaching. It takes away a bit of the surprise factor when going for flag runs and pushes.I hope some other players agree with the suggestions above and we can keep the good times going.
Just a note that if you've already posted something in last month's thread, you don't really need to post it in here again. 343 collate all the feedback and add to their relevant backlogs :)
in the same line of thought as 4v4 Blood Gulch in H1, I'm also disappointed to see Sanctuary is not in 2v2 for Halo 2. It's my favorite Halo 2 map.

could also add SWAT Magnums and shotty snipers to action sack in social for h2 and 3
Any chance to add a Classic Variant of CTF for the Halo CE BTB maps as well? When I mean Classic I mean no banshee's or scorpions just warthogs. Heavy's are great in Halo CE BTB but it'd be great for just a classic variant as well to mix it up. For the heavy variant in Halo CE I would also suggest turning on the fuel rod and flamethrower as well.

I also noticed in the November update that Halo CE BTB was mentioned to have assault as an option but you can only do that in Customs. It really is a great game type in a 8 vs 8 setting and a ton of fun. Ideal Assault gametype is Multi Assault, 20 minute time limit, any CE BTB map besides Hang Em High and you can do either Classic or heavy variant, vehicle reset time to 10 seconds. Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to the next update this month.
This is just general feed back across all games. I would like to see a voting system similar to halo 3s original system. I think doing this would provide good feedback as to what the player base wants to play without having to ask over social media.

Maybe more armor customizations options? That may be to much to ask lol. Other than that I’m loving the direction MCC is going. Keep up the good work!
Can we get ffa for halo 2 in the match composer?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic(Can apply to all titles as well.)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The ability to change teams when in a custom game. Last time I checked this still couldn’t be done, it makes playing h2c zombies impossible and just general team balancing hard.
I’m not sure if it’s just me but on Halo 2 Classic I feel like the hit registration is off. Mainly on the sniper and battle rifle.
  • MCC HALO GAME:all games
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:MCC with match composer is just a halo 3 remake so it's impossible to find the true reason of playing MCC:halo 4 and h2a's btb who are nearly impossible to play now because everybody wants to play the worst game of the franchise that makes me ultra mad
Minor issue: When someone else is hosting matchmaking searches and we are sitting in the lobby, the only person who can check post game stats is the party leader until they resume searching or until players leave the host to sit in their own lobby.
MCC HALO GAME: halo 2 classic
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: People can still kill each other at the same exact time with the battle rifle, the frame rate is messed up. This was not an occurrence in original halo 2 and has only started happening since the big august update. Thanks.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 and Halo 4 (and probably Halo 2 Anniversary)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Action Sack & the Extra Game Modes
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Action Sack in it's current state is a bit of a mess, especially the 4v4. It's currently being used to host a series of actual Action Sack gamemodes (Ninja Assassins, Fiesta, Punchout, Splasers, Hammers, Paintball, Husky Raid, etc) and.... the rest of the game modes that don't quite have the outcry and population for their own dedicated spot on the composer like the other modes, but are still game modes that people want to enjoy and play. This leads to several problems
  1. People See Action Sack, But Don't Realize What's Inside of It: Action Sack is a well known playlist in Halo. It's been a playlist for a long time and in many of the Halo games. It's been ingrained the community's mind that Action Sack means fun, silly game types that you'd play during a custom games night, party games basically. Fiesta, Hammers, Swords, Assassins, these are the game modes that people think of when they think Action Sack. However, there's more than these party modes in MCC's Action Sack. Regicide and Dominion are notable examples of a game mode that shouldn't be in Action Sack, yet they. But Action Sack's description doesn't make that clear. It doesn't clearly define what game modes are in the playlist. I understand it'd be a lot of game types and modes to list in the playlist description and that checking the "Maps and Modes in this playlist" feature while queuing for a game gives an idea of what's included, but you actually need to start matchmaking to figure that out.
  2. BTB Action Sack is NOT Action Sack: Currently, 8v8 Action Sack supports Heavies for Halo 3 and Heavies, Dominion, and Regicide for Halo 4. None of these modes are Action Sack game modes, they are game modes that many expect to be in a normal BTB playlist. Yet, 8v8 Action Sack makes no mention of these game modes, so many will ignore 8v8 Action Sack because they think it's 8v8 party games. And once again, people who do want 8v8 party modes will be left confused and disappointed when they load into one of these games.
  3. Several Game Modes are Still Missing from Online Play: VIP, Extraction, Ricochet, and Territories, at least from what I've seen, are currently not in matchmaking at all. Why? Why are some modes thrown into Action Sack but others aren't? I'm not saying they should be thrown into Action Sack with the others, but at least they'd be playable online then.
The Solution: It's simple. Separate Action Sack from the extra game modes and create a separate option named something like "Objective" or Grab Bag" that contains Heavies, Dominion, Extraction, Regicide, VIP, Territories, and any other extra game mode currently not in MCC that one would find in a normal, traditional Halo playlist. Action Sack stays Action Sack, and probably looses support for 8v8 or is given actual 8v8 party modes. And these game modes are given proper treatment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5