- MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3 and Halo 4 (and probably Halo 2 Anniversary)
- ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Action Sack & the Extra Game Modes
- ADDITIONAL INFO: Action Sack in it's current state is a bit of a mess, especially the 4v4. It's currently being used to host a series of actual Action Sack gamemodes (Ninja Assassins, Fiesta, Punchout, Splasers, Hammers, Paintball, Husky Raid, etc) and.... the rest of the game modes that don't quite have the outcry and population for their own dedicated spot on the composer like the other modes, but are still game modes that people want to enjoy and play. This leads to several problems
- People See Action Sack, But Don't Realize What's Inside of It: Action Sack is a well known playlist in Halo. It's been a playlist for a long time and in many of the Halo games. It's been ingrained the community's mind that Action Sack means fun, silly game types that you'd play during a custom games night, party games basically. Fiesta, Hammers, Swords, Assassins, these are the game modes that people think of when they think Action Sack. However, there's more than these party modes in MCC's Action Sack. Regicide and Dominion are notable examples of a game mode that shouldn't be in Action Sack, yet they. But Action Sack's description doesn't make that clear. It doesn't clearly define what game modes are in the playlist. I understand it'd be a lot of game types and modes to list in the playlist description and that checking the "Maps and Modes in this playlist" feature while queuing for a game gives an idea of what's included, but you actually need to start matchmaking to figure that out.
- BTB Action Sack is NOT Action Sack: Currently, 8v8 Action Sack supports Heavies for Halo 3 and Heavies, Dominion, and Regicide for Halo 4. None of these modes are Action Sack game modes, they are game modes that many expect to be in a normal BTB playlist. Yet, 8v8 Action Sack makes no mention of these game modes, so many will ignore 8v8 Action Sack because they think it's 8v8 party games. And once again, people who do want 8v8 party modes will be left confused and disappointed when they load into one of these games.
- Several Game Modes are Still Missing from Online Play: VIP, Extraction, Ricochet, and Territories, at least from what I've seen, are currently not in matchmaking at all. Why? Why are some modes thrown into Action Sack but others aren't? I'm not saying they should be thrown into Action Sack with the others, but at least they'd be playable online then.
It's simple. Separate Action Sack from the extra game modes and create a separate option named something like "Objective" or Grab Bag" that contains Heavies, Dominion, Extraction, Regicide, VIP, Territories, and any other extra game mode currently not in MCC that one would find in a normal, traditional
Halo playlist. Action Sack stays Action Sack, and probably looses support for 8v8 or is given actual 8v8 party modes. And these game modes are given proper treatment.