1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Halo 3 matchmaking doesn’t factor levels properly. I keep getting pitted against level 30+ players: making my matches extremely hard to win.

can this please be fixed? At least put me with like 1-10.

this is especially infuriating in halo 3 lone wolves, as one skilled player can utterly destroy everyone else and prevent ranking up. It’s even worse when there’s 4 level 50s that you stand no chance against.
Could we maybe get some CE gametypes that dont have the pistol in it? I love CE but honestly the game is much more enjoyable to me without the pistol because the pistol utterly destroys all other non power weapons. I know you can do it in custom games but the majority of my play time is in multiplayer and I would like to see this option.
Could we maybe get some CE gametypes that dont have the pistol in it? I love CE but honestly the game is much more enjoyable to me without the pistol because the pistol utterly destroys all other non power weapons. I know you can do it in custom games but the majority of my play time is in multiplayer and I would like to see this option.
Although the CE pistol might be good for any situation, it is never the best weapon in every situation. HardWay has a video where he explains it in further details. Playing CE without having the pistol as one of your starting weapons would defeat the entire purpose of playing H1.
Still waiting on regular H3 Team Snipers to have beam rifles... why's this taking so long..
Also add more maps please.
Do not create/use alternate accounts.

Spoiler:
Show
[sorry wrong thread]
Just some feedback on your feedback. You have a lot going on in your post, so it's hard for people to just hit quote and say, "Yeah I agree with this!" because they may not agree with all of the things in your post. If someone likes your post, it's hard for 343i to tell which part of it people are liking. My personal opinion is that 1-issue-1-post is easier for people to discuss and track. I also know that the forums have rules against posting multiple times in a row, so I don't really know the best answer. Just some thoughts.

That being said, I agree with this piece of feedback you mentioned:
Halo CE Ideas.

Need the old weapon sounds back, the new sounds are loud as hell and hurt my ears.
And I think I remember classic sounds were being worked on in one of the previous updates, so that's pretty cool!
Halo 3 matchmaking doesn’t factor levels properly. I keep getting pitted against level 30+ players: making my matches extremely hard to win.

this is especially infuriating in halo 3 lone wolves, as one skilled player can utterly destroy everyone else and prevent ranking up. It’s even worse when there’s 4 level 50s that you stand no chance against.
Things you'll likely get asked...

What rank are you in that playlist?
What rank is the rest of your team in those matches?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don’t know if this is a problem (glitch) or how they intended the game to work, but in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer (Capture The Flag), you can pick up the flag via pressing ‘X’ even if it’s your own flag, and when you pick it up it’ll automatically reset. This makes it a bit too easy to protect the flag on 1 flag CTF, similarly to Halo CE CTF were there’s no timer, just touch the flag and that’s it. Like I said, I don’t know if that’s a glitch or that’s the way the game was intended. But I can honestly bet it’s a glitch, because I don’t recall being able to pick up your own teams flag prior to the big update that fixed the MCC.
Velspreon wrote:
I don’t know if this is a problem (glitch) or how they intended the game to work, but in Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer (Capture The Flag), you can pick up the flag via pressing ‘X’ even if it’s your own flag, and when you pick it up it’ll automatically reset. This makes it a bit too easy to protect the flag on 1 flag CTF, similarly to Halo CE CTF were there’s no timer, just touch the flag and that’s it. Like I said, I don’t know if that’s a glitch or that’s the way the game was intended. But I can honestly bet it’s a glitch, because I don’t recall being able to pick up your own teams flag prior to the big update that fixed the MCC.
Yeah I noticed this too! I’m unaware of it before the update. I don’t think it was...? Maybe a setting (new?) you can toggle on/off in customs that we didn’t know about?
Also I thought there was contesting in objective too? Like an extra 30 seconds if you had the objective in your hand?
I’d say halo can be like basketball, the last 2 minutes are very important and anything can happen. Well at least in objective that is.
the original halo 3 team doubles playlist was ranked for 10 years now it got put in social where only new players play it. No competition exist please put it back to ranked because the majority of the population wants it. This is confirmed by the poll halo way point did a few months ago where many people voted for it and why it was added in the first place. At the very least give us another voting chance I know hundreds of people who loved the ranked team doubles playlist for 10 years but will not get on a forum to complain but they will vote if given the chance again like last time.
Horrible frame drops for Halo 3 2v2 social. Even when Im not in a gunfight. I spin my reticle facing a wall and the frames take a dump. Whats up with that? 23n ping.

Same for me. I have been stuck at level 13 in H3 Arena 4v4. I lose most games but am pitted against higher level players. This doesn’t lower my rank but doesn’t make very fun games either. Every CTF game I play, my team is destroyed in less than 5 minutes. The ranking system is still messed up.
Hahhaahahahahahhaha, no.

Just, all the no. All weapons sans the needler are viable in CE. The whole "utility weapon dominates all non-power weapons" narrative doesn't hold any weight in CE as there is only really one unambiguous "power weapon" in CE in the rocket launcher.

Don't ruin CE by including gametypes that actively degrade the CE experience, the Halo 3 AR starts are bad enough as it is.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3

FEEDBACK: In Halo 3 SWAT, I'd like to see more maps and game types added as well as changing the weighting of the maps currently in the playlist. As it currently stands, there are only 13 maps, but certain maps like Ghost Town and Isolation appear far more often than maps like Guardian and Heretic. It would be nice to have some small to medium sized maps that were originally in Halo 3 SWAT, such as Foundry and Sandbox variants, make a return in SWAT. Ideally, these maps would all have equal weighting so that people have an opportunity to play on a variety of maps. I would also like to see the return of objective game types such as Oddball and Capture the Flag. Perhaps extremely wishful thinking, but I'd like to see SWAT Magnums removed entirely as well. Most people don't enjoy playing it. Put it in Action Sack where SWATguns currently is.
I'm rank 1 in H3 Lone Wolves. Why am I getting matched against players WAY above my skill level? I understand that these people may not have a high rank in this particular playlist, but one of the people I was matchmade with is a level 50 in H3 Hardcore. My highest is level 7 in HCE Doubles.
So far MCC is on the right track I believe but there is some issues!:

1. Ranked FFA is finally in here and I'm extremely happy about it however, this definitely should have been a crossplay playlist of ALL halos. If halo 3 must be singled out, atleast put in another ranked FFA playlist featuring the other 4 halos.

2. Speaking of ranked FFA in H3 lonewolves, if you get swords on pit, you can knock the turrets off and use them... There should be no turrets in swords and I've lost due to that exploit.

3. Halo 4 4v4 or 5v5 ranked arena should be a playlist... Period.

4. Halo CE 4v4 should be a ranked playlist as well and feature normal score limits, ex: 50 kills to win, not 100.

5. Halo CE and Hardcore H3 doubles should be replaced by a ranked Crossplay doubles playlist in my opinion.

6. Hardcore H3 should be replaced by ranked crossplay hardcore between H2C and H3 as these games were the most prominate in MLG.

7. I seem to never find games in H2A... I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else but it's happening.

343 you are on the right track and as a halo veteran since 2001, I appreciate you guys trying to keep me happy!
  • MCC HALO GAME: H2C
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Medals not being awarded. More specifically, whenever I play H2C team slayer and win by 20 kills or more it isn’t giving me a steaktacular medal. I usually don’t play close attention to medals but since I’ve been working towards the domination achievement I’ve been watching for legendary medals.
  • MCC HALO GAME: halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: medals are shown double (multiple) times sometimes when i recieve them. additionaly the text "XX killed you" (or similar texts) on the left side are shown multiple times
  • REPRO STEPS: play multiplayer of h3. i played team hardcore
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Videolink
(this happened a few times) don't judge me for the more or less fail in the video :X
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6