2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11
Is there any way Amplified TS could be added to the Halo 3 2v2 Hardcore playlist?
WSerg wrote:
is there any side/post which explains the ranking system?
bc i think i rank up way to easy and i rarely derank at all. i'm playing a lot of h3 team hardcore lately (i'm not good, but i try to get better) and i deranked only once recently, even though i lose often and have a horrible kd. it seems like i only need one or two wins to rank up, but i need a lot of loses to rank down (if at all). when i was rank 5 i was on a really bad losing streak but didn't derank.
could the reason be, that i'm still in the low tier ranks (i'm 11 now)?
Because it is easier and the rank system is nothing as it was pre last update. I quit 20+ matches and rank down only by 1. To earn your 50 just quit till you find a winning team to go up in H3. For now ranks are a joke. I see bad players in the 20 - 30 range running solo, whereas before you'd struggle past 15 by yourself. The problem is evident because those players that frequent H3 team playlist are mostly in Social. Add to that endless heretic, objectives there is no point in H3 ranked that's not saying things can't be fixed. Those words: We've listened to your feedback....is becoming repetitive and meaningless. Features are removed to people's dissapointment, anger followed by adding things people never ask for.
I played on better servers in 2007-2011 with a quarter the connection speed I have now.
2007-11 didn't involve dedicated servers. Matchmaking operated on P2P.
H2 Waffles wrote:
I just got done playing a game of H3 Lone wolves and I was matched against a level 23 when I am a level 1. While on halo 3 you would match people (in ranked playlist's) close to your rank. You'd match with players maximum 10 ranks above or below your own rank. So if a player in a ranked match is level 1 that player will only match other players ranks 1-10. Which didn't happen for me.
  • Per the 7/3/18 MCC (Insider) Development Update #5:
Greg recently added a rule for ranked Matchmaking Playlists which imposes a strict 10 level maximum delta for Matchmaking. This rule has an expanding delta effect, which starts at 3 levels and expands 3 levels every 5 seconds when searching. The 10 level gap is very close to the Halo 3 value expansion times in the XB1 system which doesn’t align 1:1 with the Xbox 360 system. An example of the 10 level delta would mean that a level 10 player may see both level 1 and level 20 players. It also means the full “group” in the session shouldn’t be outside the 10 level gap. That is, having a 1 and a 10 in a session means we cannot have a 20, even with backfilling.
  • Per the 8/27/18 MCC Update:
With this patch, Ranked Matchmaking will now match players based on a +/-10 rank threshold - so a level 10 player will match with/against players down to rank 1 or up to rank 20. Additionally, Party matching has been enabled to help ensure a more fair playing field by matching pre-made teams against pre-made teams. The 343 development team will be monitoring these systems closely and as always, feedback is welcomed.
  • Per the 9/20/18 MCC September Update:
We are continuing to investigate instances where players appear to be matching groups that are outside of their team sizes as well as players outside of the rank bounds set forth in ranked Matchmaking. We will update this in the future when we have a targeted fix for this issue.
  • Per the 10/10/18 MCC Patch Notes:
Players at level 40 and above now can match players within the 30-50 range. Loosening party matchmaking rules in ranked hoppers. Max team sizes will only match max team sizes in Ranked 4v4 games. Example: Parties of 3 in 4v4 playlists can now match parties of 1, 2, and 3. Team Doubles will now create matches based on any team size.
  • Per the 10/11/18 Autumnal Need Halo Community Update:
Party matching adjustments so it only forces party restrictions in ranked for teams of 4 vs other teams of 4.
  • Per the 11/19/18 MCC November Update:
Party/Team matching rules are now more consistently applied when backfilling. Fixed issues with rank threshold not being respected for matching in various backfilling scenarios.

Hmmm... perhaps the issue that was identified within the September update wasn't fully resolved by the November fix meant to address it or (and Postums can correct me if I'm wrong) there are some population concerns regarding the implementation of a strict rank threshold at the lower rank levels so 343i has lifted the strictness of the threshold within that area. Therefore, players who are ranked anywhere from 1 to 24 or 25 are now allowed to match each other depending on their TrueSkill/MMR and only after a certain amount of time has passed within the search process.

Another thought relates to the varying skill levels that can occur within a party; however, since your issue related to Lone Wolves it doesn't really apply here, but it's perhaps worth noting that a party or a fireteam can have members with ranks that fall well outside of that 10-level threshold gap. Therefore, in those cases, the system is forced to treat the fireteam/party as a mixed group. And the matchmaker then searches for other mixed parties with a similar skill spread which could lead to level 1s playing against much higher levels.
WSerg wrote:
Is there any blog/post which explains the ranking system?
HERE and HERE are breakdowns of the original TrueSkill system. If I'm not mistaken it's still (sadly) being used within the MCC instead of TrueSkill2.0.

Beyond that, I believe players achieve and progress through the visual playlist ranks in a similar fashion to Halo 3's hybrid method, but with the visual appearance (or re-skinning) of the Halo 2 ranks. I refer to the MCC's ranking numerals, emblems/symbols, and colors. However, I could be wrong about the ranking system being a bit closer of a match to the Halo 3 method since the MCC was originally announced that it would include aspects of Halo 2's method. The Halo 2 method was (at least initially) going to get paired with the TrueSkill assessment system in order to achieve vastly improved matchmaking results in comparison to the Halo 2 days. I mean, relying solely on the original Halo 2 method for skill assessment would not have been ideal.
Could we get those green/yellow/red pings up on the match scoreboards for all the Halo multiplayers? You may notice when you are playing in an online custom Halo 2 classic game that the pings are there when you look at the scores, but they aren't there in matchmaking. I want to be able to know how good or bad my connection is to a match that I'm playing in across all Halos. Here's a link to an example of the ping bars in a Halo 2 scoreboard:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrWiGtXkAEuhpj?format=jpg&name=large
Actually would rather have a ping number thingy at the top of my screen like on Fortnite, that would be nice.
So social 4v4 halo3 and for 4 games in a row i get snowbound. Im a fan of a diversity of maps so maybe you could check if theres anything wrong with the randomness of map selction?
Mr LuLu wrote:
Could we get those green/yellow/red pings up on the match scoreboards for all the Halo multiplayers? You may notice when you are playing in an online custom Halo 2 classic game that the pings are there when you look at the scores, but they aren't there in matchmaking. I want to be able to know how good or bad my connection is to a match that I'm playing in across all Halos. Here's a link to an example of the ping bars in a Halo 2 scoreboard:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrWiGtXkAEuhpj?format=jpg&name=large
Actually would rather have a ping number thingy at the top of my screen like on Fortnite, that would be nice.
No, not fitting for Halo 2 and beyond. For Halo: Combat Evolved maybe, since it had numbered pings on the PC version.
still waiting on beam rifles for h3 snipers...
BR spawns on bigger maps in social in Halo 3. These AR starts on Snowbound and Last Resort aren't cutting it, and are especially annoying against teams with good sniping. It's so bad that I'm considering removing H3 from my selections. Blackout is also annoying without BR starts since there's only one on the map, but it's at least close quarters for the most part.
American servers are bad for UK players as expected, and of course vice versa. I just wondered about the plausibility of servers in between major regions. So when there is a matchmade game with mixed regions, it can use the server that has the least ping differential between players. I feel something like that would improve the quality of matchmaking by a lot. I played on UK servers for a lot of last night, and I just know it was hell for any americans involved and of course in ranked playlists it doesn't really show who the better skilled players are.
American servers are bad for UK players as expected, and of course vice versa. I just wondered about the plausibility of servers in between major regions. So when there is a match-made game with mixed regions, it can use the server that has the least ping differential between players. I feel something like that would improve the quality of matchmaking by a lot. I played on UK servers for a lot of last night, and I just know it was hell for any Americans involved and of course in ranked playlists it doesn't really show who the better skilled players are.
Sounds like you're advocating for Microsoft to install an Azure Server within either St. John's, Newfoundland or perhaps Nuuk, Greenland or maybe Reykjavík, Iceland.
ok this HAS TO BE SAID. enough sandbox on halo 3 big team battle. seriously. i know there's 4 different maps variants for sand box as well as multiple different gametypes. but this is too much. we should get a sandbox game every 5-6 games. just 1. but instead its always 2-3 games of sandbox in a row and then every 3rd game is sandbox because there's so many map variants of sandbox. enough with this idiocy my god. 4 map variants for sandbox = sandbox being played 3 times in a row and every game after that. make it so sandbox comes up once say every 3 games. i was gonna say 5 or 6 but theres still all those maps. either way tone it down on the sandbox. seriously. thanx.
Please add beam rifles back into H3 snipes like how it was before the update! I don't get why they were added to KOTH but not regular snipes. How does that make any sense.
Blood13ath wrote:
Please add beam rifles back into H3 snipes like how it was before the update! I don't get why they were added to KOTH but not regular snipes. How does that make any sense.
I don't understand why they wouldn't just make gametypes and weapon spawns on maps exactly as they were.
Hello 343i
I have noticed something strange in Halo 2 Classic.
Deaths are being reported badly in the informational text on the upper side of the screen.
I have noticed several times the following:
In the game a teammate kills an enemy with a sniper and in the text appears on the contrary, "my teammate was killed by ...
I do not know if this is because of the classic color change in the enemy's names (blue, red). I'm currently using classic color (I'll have to try red). Also add that I use my game in the language: Spanish (Latin). I've noticed it with sniper deaths (in games of 4v4 Team BRs).
Thank you. I'm sorry for my English, I'm using a translator.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Can there be an update on the betrayal ban? I do like that it works in a definitive fashion but I think it would be best implemented as getting booted maybe twice "within x amount of time". Played a btb game and accidentally destroyed a loaded warthog with 3 players that drove into an oncoming rocket in a congested area. I can take responsibility for that, sure, and whatever, if it warrants being booted I can accept that for the mistake but a 5 minute ban seems ridiculous. It just makes me want to play a different game and that's effectively the opposite of what 343 wants as a business.

Also, i'd like to double-down on Sandbox for H3 btb. There's so many map templates that could be used....the possibilities are endless.

Also, orbital seems like it's just disappeared from the playlists. I can't remember the last MONTH I've gotten a game on orbital.

Lastly, we have the matchmaking composer or whatever it's called for social games now. If it's really the master chief collection, then there's no reason for 100.0% of the base game maps to not be included.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So what does the name plate look like? when u play 12 games at the time they tell us too? I know its not realeased cuz I’ve already playing 15 1v1 games on the build and still playing.
DBS wrote:
So what does the name plate look like?
Looks like this.
Okay I've played about 13 matches in the MCC Insider for the upcoming December update and everything's working fine on my end. The new "Modern" controller option is SO much better than Classic. Classic seems obsolete IMO, the only game that seems to have no difference is H2A. That might be because H2A was made with the Xbone controller in mind. HCE, H2 and H4 seems to have minimal when switched to modern setting but regardless modern setting feels a lot better than classic IMO. H3 has the biggest difference when switching between classic and modern setting. "Smooth" is the word I'd use to describe the modern control setting. I have one question though, how come when typing in my load out names for H4 doesn't allow spaces? Other than that no problems what so ever while playing for this test.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11