Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - December

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
Kurtimus wrote:
ok this HAS TO BE SAID. enough sandbox on halo 3 big team battle. seriously. i know there's 4 different maps variants for sand box as well as multiple different gametypes. but this is too much. we should get a sandbox game every 5-6 games. just 1. but instead its always 2-3 games of sandbox in a row and then every 3rd game is sandbox because there's so many map variants of sandbox. enough with this idiocy my god. 4 map variants for sandbox = sandbox being played 3 times in a row and every game after that. make it so sandbox comes up once say every 3 games. i was gonna say 5 or 6 but theres still all those maps. either way tone it down on the sandbox. seriously. thanx.
This. I already posted last month about it and they haven't said anything. Sometimes I get sandbox like 5 times in a row. This map is played WAY too much on halo 3 BTB, and it's not even a fun map for BTB. It's really easy for a good team to camp your base because you usually spawn on either side or behind.
Could we get a heavier weighting towards BR start in H3 in social??? Currently it seems as if i get AR start 80-90 percent of the time. H1 always has the pistol, H2 has BR start, and h4 has custom loadouts. It just gets very old playing vanilla AR start over and over and over and over....and over and over again.
THIS ^^^^ Way too many AR starts, especially considering every other title starts with a utility weapon or loadout.
Is the update supposed to come out today?
It comes out tomorrow
It comes out tomorrow
Welp. Thanks.
This game is still broken...
i searched and found enough people to start the game, it split the players and gave them red and blue team in lobby then sat there for 30 seconds before kicking me back i the main screen.

then I was kicked back to lobby while loading into a game, the load bar stop about 1/3 of the way and sat there for a whole minute before kicking me back to the lobby, this happened two separate times today
Kurtimus wrote:
ok this HAS TO BE SAID. enough sandbox on halo 3 big team battle. seriously. i know there's 4 different maps variants for sand box as well as multiple different gametypes. but this is too much. we should get a sandbox game every 5-6 games. just 1. but instead its always 2-3 games of sandbox in a row and then every 3rd game is sandbox because there's so many map variants of sandbox. enough with this idiocy my god. 4 map variants for sandbox = sandbox being played 3 times in a row and every game after that. make it so sandbox comes up once say every 3 games. i was gonna say 5 or 6 but theres still all those maps. either way tone it down on the sandbox. seriously. thanx.
This. I already posted last month about it and they haven't said anything. Sometimes I get sandbox like 5 times in a row. This map is played WAY too much on halo 3 BTB, and it's not even a fun map for BTB. It's really easy for a good team to camp your base because you usually spawn on either side or behind.
We have lowered the weighting of the Sandbox maps already once last week. Is this still weighted too high?
Postums wrote:
Kurtimus wrote:
We have lowered the weighting of the Sandbox maps already once last week. Is this still weighted too high?
Yes. I played H3 BTB all last weekend and still got Sandbox or one of it's terrible variants almost every game! Please lower the weighting a lot more, or better yet, remove the Sandbox variants altogether. You guys didn't even add the one decent variant, Entrenched. Please increase the weighting for Valhalla, Avalanche, and Standoff. Also, please replace Sandtrap multi-flag with Sandtarp multi-flag(without the elephants), so that dumb teammates can't take drive the elephant with the flag to the enemy side.
Postums wrote:
Kurtimus wrote:
Yes. I played H3 BTB all last weekend and still got Sandbox or one of it's terrible variants almost every game! Please lower the weighting a lot more, or better yet, remove the Sandbox variants altogether. You guys didn't even add the one decent variant, Entrenched. Please increase the weighting for Valhalla, Avalanche, and Standoff. Also, please replace Sandtrap multi-flag with Sandtarp multi-flag(without the elephants), so that dumb teammates can't take drive the elephant with the flag to the enemy side.
Elephants are so much fun, they should stay in btb
Revaluate the way you treat players outside America. It’s actually disgusting. Seriously. In competitive, America always gets to play on their own server over international servers. Even when there is 3 Australians and 1 American in the game . You cant even give us a server in between america and australia. You dont give us the option to pick what server we want to play on so when we get matches on 250 ping (including US east) there is nothing we can do to win.
I don’t know any games that don’t allow people outside of America to play on good connection. So why has this been introduced ? Are you really that selfish to lock Australia on 200 ping every game just to prevent Americans from experiencing lag 1 out of their 50 matches they’ll play. This is unbelievable. My 100 days game time of MCC and 17 years of playing to halo go to absolute shame. Thanks 343 for spitting in not only my face, but everyone else outside America.
Sissy wrote:
Revaluate the way you treat players outside America. It’s actually disgusting. Seriously. In competitive, America always gets to play on their own server over international servers. Even when there is 3 Australians and 1 American in the game . You cant even give us a server in between america and australia. You dont give us the option to pick what server we want to play on so when we get matches on 250 ping (including US east) there is nothing we can do to win.
I don’t know any games that don’t allow people outside of America to play on good connection. So why has this been introduced ? Are you really that selfish to lock Australia on 200 ping every game just to prevent Americans from experiencing lag 1 out of their 50 matches they’ll play. This is unbelievable. My 100 days game time of MCC and 17 years of playing to halo go to absolute shame. Thanks 343 for spitting in not only my face, but everyone else outside America.
Same here from EU this game is totally -Yoink-...
Sissy wrote:
Re-evaluate the way you treat players outside America. It’s actually disgusting. Seriously. In competitive, America always gets to play on their own server over international servers. Even when there is 3 Australians and 1 American in the game. You cant even give us a server in between America and Australia. You don't give us the option to pick what server we want to play on so when we get matches on 250 ping (including US East) there is nothing we can do to win.
Sounds like your primary issue may relate to Microsoft with regards to a new Azure server location. Perhaps you should advocate for one to be installed in Honolulu, Hawaii to help bridge the connection distance between the USA and Australia. Not that they'll necessarily do that, but it never hurts to try advocating for it.
Quote:
I don’t know any games that don’t allow people outside of America to play on good connection. So why has this been introduced? Are you really that selfish to lock Australia on 200 ping every game just to prevent Americans from experiencing lag 1 out of their 50 matches they’ll play. This is unbelievable. My 100 days game time of MCC and 17 years of playing to halo go to absolute shame. Thanks 343 for spitting in not only my face, but everyone else outside America.
Just curious, what games are you referring too?

Also, why would 343i encourage or allow connections that go beyond a 200 or 250 ping?

I ask because they're actively trying to curb the negative connection based experience. Complaints of this regard should be leveled at your region's player base. Perhaps, the solution is to actively encourage more people within your server region to play the game or focus on playing during peak pop hours for your region. Those would be some of the best ways to improve the matchmaking experience assuming you're not teaming up with US players in a fireteam.

By the way, it's worth noting that 343i has announced that they've discovered an issue with the game's dedicated servers which may, or may not, relate somewhat to your issue. The fall back has now been initiated which is Peer-to-Peer which probably will allow connections between Americans and Australians, but the actual experience of those matches I imagine will be littered with connection-based annoyances.
Sissy wrote:
Same here from EU this game is totally -Yoink-...
More or less, you get the same response as above.

Sounds like you should be pestering Microsoft for a new Azure server location that helps bridge the gap between America and Europe. I've listed a few potential locations previously.

Beyond that the only real solution is to encourage more people from your own region to play the game or focus on playing during peak pop hours because most of these matchmaking issues boil down to regional population.

• If the Xbox One sold more units to more people - there'd be a bigger overall pool to pull from.
  • If more people bought the MCC or subscribed to the Game Pass and installed it (the MCC) - there'd, again, be a bigger overall pool to pull from.
  • If the Xbox One had more HD space to allow a vast amount of games to be installed - the MCC might be more readily accessible to more people.
  • If the MCC hadn't of launched as buggy and broken as it did - it wouldn't have suffered the huge negative 1st impression that may still plague it for many low info gamers.
  • If more people simply enjoyed playing these older Halo games as their primary FPS game - there'd be more population throughout the full skill spectrum at any given time.
What can I say, there's a number of issues at hand that affect the population level. While 343i are doing their best to fix the game and to encourage people to play it by providing the best experience they can to as many people as they can the matchmaking experience is always going to be impacted and limited by the game's level of active population per region and time of the day.
Personally it would be nice to have a FFA option for the custom browser. To bad we couldn't see custom games that are being played. Much like xbox connect. I want to play more custom games but it's impossible to find players willing to play
BxR Rushy wrote:
Personally it would be nice to have a FFA option for the custom browser. To bad we couldn't see custom games that are being played. Much like xbox connect. I want to play more custom games but it's impossible to find players willing to play
Shoot, it’d be nice to have a ranked ffa playlist, the only way to play ffa is to play ranked halo 3...itd be great to have a ranked ffa playlist with multiple halos, ya know 343, since ranked playlists are 4/7 halo 3

please listen 343
ACTION SACK:
It's pretty dry off games and when I ever want to play H2A action sack I get the exact same game and map it's oddball.
FUN PLAYLIST:
There is no game in the MCC that has random weapons if you can please add something like super fiesta to the composer.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When a player walks through the snow on any of the levels featuring snow (especially Avalanche), the foot prints in the disturbed snow appear quite black where as it appears white in original Halo 3.
  • MCC HALO GAME: halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Perfection medals ( kill 15 people without dead and finish the game without never dead) do not unlock in multiplayer/custom maps yet.
  • REPRO STEPS: i ve never seen this medals since 2014 so maybe is not apply in halo 4.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When a player walks through the snow on any of the levels featuring snow (especially Avalanche), the foot prints in the disturbed snow appear quite black where as it appears white in original Halo 3.
On the topic of one of the most broken games in Xbox Live history, you have a complaint about footprints. That’s beyond incredible.
GYS GHOST wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Perfection medals ( kill 15 people without dead and finish the game without never dead) do not unlock in multiplayer/custom maps yet.
  • REPRO STEPS: i ve never seen this medals since 2014 so maybe is not apply in halo 4.
Did you make sure you were playing a slayer gametype cause it doesn't count in objective ones.

Edit: I got a perfection last night in H4 so it's working for me at least.
Please make the penalty higher for leaving a CE BTB match, especially at the beginning. Whenever a PC map loads nearly half the server almost always leaves at the very start of the match because they didn’t get Blood Gulch or Hang’em High.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11