Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - February 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12
Are there any plans to make DLC maps for H2A, to add forge remastered scenaries or to fix its inconsistences with the original version, aswell as including any new content or playlists?
MCC in general.
1.) Fix broken idle system. In its current state, it doesnt make any sense. Says im idle cause i dont touch my controller for 10 seconds?..

2.) Auto search after your game ends doesnt make any sense. Why is it a thing? Who said "i hate pressing A when im ready to start a search. That 0.5 of a second press is too hard" removing this feature gives you a breather from being connected to a game in 5-10 seconds. I cant invite decent players from my previous game cause they joined another one instantly. This leaves me constantly waiting to join others. Oh and not to mention AFC (away from controller) kids have their games in search. This leaves games with AFC kids. Seeing them is common. 1/4 games in social.

3.) Broken halo 3 spawns. Halo 3 on xbox 360 did not have these broken spawns. Only on mcc. Enemy team should never spawn on you... yet it happens. Like pit slayer.

4.) Halo 3 slayer on social. Why am i getting AR spawn 9/10 games?! Make it BR/AR default like objective. No one likes the pistol. No one wants to pistol a guy with a sniper... fix it.
halo 3 and halo 4 need bandana and boom skulls added into campaign
halo 3 and halo 4 need bandana and boom skulls added into campaign
This is the multiplayer feedback. You should put this in the campaign feedback thread.
MCC HALO GAME:
Halo: Combat Evolved

ISSUE / FEEDBACK:
Anti-Host / Bullet Registration:
The Anti-Host bullet registration code for P2P remains in the game, despite servers now being active.

Bullet registration is determined by a networking algorithm that distributes bullet magnetism (hit probability) based on network conditions between players. The game still selects one player as "host" despite the game performing on servers. This player is distinguishable by the audible "zoom" noise when using scoped weapons (pistol / sniper). All other "non-host" players lack the audible zoom when scoping. Hit probability is compromised by this code and its interaction with the servers. Based on the networking algorithm the time-to-kill averages are unbalanced between players, where certain players will average 3-5 shots to kill while others may average 8-12. Giving massive advantages to those with lower "ttk" probability.

REPRO STEPS:
Audible zoom disparity exists in all matchmaking modes. Custom games over Xbox Live, ranked matchmaking over Xbox Live, as well as offline LAN play are all affected. The degree of magnetism disparity (hit probability) fluctuates based on networking conditions, with LAN being the least noticeable.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Clip below showing obvious disparity between players...

https://youtu.be/k6mD0PUjKBg

The blue player is shot directly 12 times - 5 headshots / 7 bodyshots.
The blue player does not have overshield - note the grenade trick causing active camo to drop.
The attacking red player has "host" - denoted by audible "zoom" when scoping.

MIKE LVL 100
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: MatchMaking game fail to load
ADDITIONAL INFO:
Playlist - Social Game
Map - Blackout
Mode - Slayer, Objective, Sniper(Custome settings)
Size - 4v4
Game - H1~4
IMCN112 wrote:
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
ISSUE/FEEDBACK: MatchMaking game fail to load
ADDITIONAL INFO:
Playlist - Social Game
Map - Blackout
Mode - Slayer, Objective, Sniper(Custome settings)
Size - 4v4
Game - H1~4
Can you log this one here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/failed-to-load-into-game/e88838d9-cd56-4a22-8470-d743ba254baf/posts
I have two questions regarding the MS 2vs2 playlist:

1.) Is there a skill gap lock or can level 1s match level 50s like in lone wolves?
2.) Can you match people who search together if you search alone?
Please, for the love of all that is good, please lower the amount of times sandbox variants come up in h3 btb. Those maps are train wrecks...
Is it possible to put in a A.F.K timer? I am sick and tired of seeing half my team not playing ALL GAME, NOT A SINGLE MOVEMENT FOR THE ENTIRE GAME! I'm not talking about 1 or 2 matches. I'm talking about HUNDREDS OF MATCHES, ruined by my teammates doing absolutely NOTHING. They don't even move or look around, its like they just get in a game and just put down their controller and don't move an inch. This is for the people who think I'm just a crybaby. I would like to see you try to fight the entire enemy team basically by yourself. There are 2 ways this to play out. Play out 1.) The only other teammate you have is garbage and now instead of whats suppose to be a 4v4 has now became a 4v1. Play out 2.) Your only other teammate is decent or at less good as you so now you have a 4v2 which again is suppose to be a 4v4. Anyway all i want is a afk timer and a good size penalty for it so people cant just completely ruin games by not even moving at all.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please allow the H3 MS Store 2v2 Playlist to stay permanently! Maybe a rename would be needed. This playlist quickly became my favorite. You get the Halo 3 MLG ruleset but reduced down to 2v2 which is a much more manageable and enjoyable lobby size when playing with randoms (imo). I would suspect that the numbers prove this playlist's worth too. I always find a game pretty much instantly. I will love you forever 343 if you do this.
H2C

What is going on with the ranked playlists? Why can't matches be found?

When are we going to see a 2v2 ranked? Rumble pit ranked?

Too many people are playing unranked playlists and many people want ranked to return!
The game is in a great state but it needs an afk boot/ban. My apologies for not having repro steps but I was matched with a player and his guest for 3 games in a row and they were afk the whole time during those games. Would be nice if afk players are booted after 2 minutes (this is just my suggestion) of inactivity, and there needs to be a system to detect bot movements (I don't have a good way to describe this, but it is when someone does something to the controller so they starts spining/look up/walk in one direction to avoid being counted as afk) and boot them accordingly. Thanks for reading.
H2C

What is going on with the ranked playlists? Why can't matches be found?

When are we going to see a 2v2 ranked? Rumble pit ranked?

Too many people are playing unranked playlists and many people want ranked to return!
A lot of people are in support of a H2C rumble pit, we’re just hoping 343 adds it, read my post at the top of page 6.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please implement a boot and ban for AFK players.
None of the ranked games are finding players. Just searching. In Northern VA/DC area - USA

I was getting non stop games yesterday...
  • MCC HALO GAME: All games, mostly halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: type of TV being used covers hud elements with no way of fixing, making it somewhat hard to play games like swat
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I get it, this is mainly a personal issue but i would like a field of view slider and a way to to move the hud elements to fit my TV, I've looked into ways of fixing it but it doesn't seem like i can. Regardless of such, i think the MCC would benefit greatly from having a FOV slider. One of the reasons i like playing ODST is because of the FOV which makes it look a whole lot better and gives us an oppurtunity to see more details of the weapons we are using. Also this would make it easier to see more of our surroundings online.
  • If i posted this in the wrong board please tell me in a reply where to put this, thanks for your help
It would be fantastic if we got way more maps for H2A MP. I understand developer made maps would be too resource intensive so i'd propose forge maps. I really like the way the H2A MP plays but playing the same six maps over and over again just really kills it.

This post has been hidden.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 12