[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Please read this whole post 343, I put a lot of thought into it, thank you!

These are all things that need to be fixed and corrected on multiple halos or across the entire game

1. BROKEN MELEES, Mostly in Halo 2 but I’ve also noticed in Halo 3 where you press B to melee and the melee will connect and miss or do no damage. This was introduced when the big update hit earlier this past year and has been brought up for months it should not be here it’s an incredibly frustrating when it happens.

2. PARTY RESTRICTIONS IN RANKED, there is a big problem with parties in ranked matchmaking matching teams of solo searchers, teams of 3 and now teams of 4 can match solo searchers, it’s not fun especially in lower populated playlists like h2c, I no longer play h2c ranked because a lot of the time it’s a full party vs solo searchers, this needs to be changed. If I search solo I should have the option or matchmaking preferance of being put in games with only people who are searching solo. Postums, you responded to my old post in the locked Dec feedback about TO4 matching only TO4, if that’s how it’s supposed to work it’s not working correctly. Ive matched TO4 multiple times over the past 2 weeks while I was searching solo. I’m sure it was TO4 because post game I pulled up all of the opposing teams Xbox profiles and I viewed their social friends list, all 4 players were friends with each other, this isn’t the first time this has happened and I’ve seen other players mention it as well on a thread I made a couple weeks ago.

3. RANKED PLAYLISTS, Something has to be done with ranked playlists, this is the Master Chief Collection, not the Halo 3 collection, 4 out of 7 ranked playlists are Halo 3. Halo 4 doesn’t even have a ranked playlist at all, and I don’t even like Halo 4, but what gives?? It had ranking before the big update, but not now?
H2c/h2a/Hce only have 1 ranked playlist per game, yet halo 3 has 4. What is up with this Halo 3 obsession?? We need more support, not exclusion for other ranked halo playlists that are not Halo 3.

4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

5. PREGAME LOBBY, now with the addition of quit bans being implemented as well as the match composer there is no reason to hide player names in the pregame lobby, if people dodge they get quit banned now. Myself and many other players would like to see who we’re playing against, also a highest rank achieved next to player name would be nice to see in addition to revealing names in pregame lobby.

6. PROGRESSION XP, exp system like in og halo 3 in addition to the 1-50 ranks.

Thank you for reading, happy New Years~~!
5. PREGAME LOBBY, now with the addition of quit bans being implemented as well as the match composer there is no reason to hide player names in the pregame lobby, if people dodge they get quit banned now. Myself and many other players would like to see who we’re playing against, also a highest rank achieved next to player name would be nice to see in addition to revealing names in pregame lobby.
I am a big fan of this idea. Many of the previous Halo games had a pregame lobby before each match.

Would be awesome to have about 15-20 seconds to digest the players on the teams, gametype, map, maybe check out some players' file share or career, before the game starts. It would be super awesome if everyone was in the same voice-channel as well, for some mild pre-game smack-talk :)
I read all of the posts in entirety. Don't worry - your voice is heard.
Postums wrote:
I read all of the posts in entirety. Don't worry - your voice is heard.
Apologies in advance for being off topic, but posts like these truly show the love you have for making MCC the best it can be. MCC has become a shining example of the type of quality triple A games should strive for these days and your continued engagement with players and dedication to making it even better only adds to the awesomeness 😃

Again, sorry for the lack of feedback on the update itself. Just felt strongly about saying this again is all.
This is my 10th post regarding:

Please add Beam Rifles to regular H3 Team Snipers.

Thank you
Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the New Year! Since the Fall 2018 update, the MCC has seen some pretty dramatic change. Change that was both measured, and positive. And with the coming of 2019, I personally believe the MCC should continue to gradually improve and build upon itself. Keeping that in mind, I have a few suggestions that I feel would not only continue to improve upon what the MCC already is, but that would also further diversify and layer the game.

1. Including EXP progression for all playlists. We’ve been asking for it for quite some time, and truthfully it’s been a long time coming. EXP progression not only adds a new element to the multiplayer experience, but it greatly improves upon the current model players are used to. Currently, players can opt to grind for a 50 in any ranked playlist. I personally have done it in the Halo 3 Arena playlist, having earned my 50 in the first 2 weeks of the September MCC update. I was elated to have been the very first players on the updated MCC to earn a 50 at the time, but seeing as I had already achieved the maximum rank, I felt no need to continue playing the playlist. If there were an EXP progression system, I would have felt far more inclined to grind Halo 3 Arena further. Instead, I got my 50 and took a long break from MCC. And that’s just my perspective, after playing one ranked playlist. EXP progression encourages all players to continue to play their favorite playlists, ranked or social. I know social playlists have been replaced by the Match Composer, but players earning exp for any social 2v2/4v4/8v8 etc under any settings would be an easy solution. Players having tangible evidence that they are progressing through ranks and earning their specific personal ranks is enough to make them want to play more games, and in turn play more often. In short, exp progression = players wanting to play and win more matches = players playing more often = a stronger and longer lasting population.

2. I would love to see more nameplates, particularly exclusive nameplates that any player can earn. The recent addition of more elaborate and exclusive nameplates has been a very welcome inclusion to the MCC, in my opinion. Therefore, I would love to see more and more being released for different reasons. Specifically, I would LOVE to see a nameplate given to players who have earned all 600/600 achievements on the MCC. I personally have completed this task, and have friends who have done the same. Having access to every regular nameplate is alright I suppose, but having a totally exclusive nameplate for those players who went the extra mile to earn every achievement seems like something well deserved. I can tell you, getting every achievement on MCC is NOT easy. And therefore should warrant a special nameplate being made for players who have done so.

3. More special/limited time playlists should be added. The recent addition of new playlists such as Ranked Halo 3 Lone Wolves and Halo 3 MLG 2v2 were brilliant. And the playlists were both highly populated and well received by the community. But why stop there? I think there should be more limited time playlists released. One I had in mind was Ranked Halo 3 Big Team Battle. Big Team has always been extremely popular, and on MCC BTB was (and still is) one of the most populated playlists on the game. Both retail and post update versions of MCC had huge populations in BTB. Ranked Halo 3 BTB would make the most sense as a playlist, since it would have the highest population due to Halo 3 BTB having the biggest turnout for numbers. Also, players have searched in large parties in BTB for many years, regardless of whether the playlist was social or ranked. Even currently, it is not uncommon for several parties of 5+ players to be searching BTB at any time of the day. Ranked BTB would allow players to link up with their friends and make large lobbies to battle it out for ranks, and it would satisfy an itch that the BTB community has needed fixed for quite some time. It would be a phenomenal playlist for bringing together big groups of players, due to the universal accessibility and popularity of BTB, for a special event style playlist. And honestly, I couldn’t think of a more diverse and epic ranked playlist for a limited release. It would appeal to all types of Halo players, and could be a huge success. Something worth giving thought to.

And that’s my list. I’d add more, but right now those are the 3 things I’d like to see added to the MCC most this year. I hope some, if not all, of my suggestions are at least considered!
Dreamy wrote:

Please add Beam Rifles to regular H3 Team Snipers.Thank you
I want to say its more along the lines of 6th or 7th. But it's noted.
I'd really like the ability to interact with my friends list while searching for games
I feel like the rotation in BTB for halo 3 is off. Early morning sunday when I was playing I had the map Sandbox atleast 5 times. I don't know if it was just unlucky but i normally get that map alot but in any other playlist the Halo 3 map rotation is good. Its just BTB i feel like it's always Sandbox most of the time. Thanks for reading my post. Have a great day everyone.
Please refer to my thread regarding HCE 8v8 game types. The action sack button has nothing assigned to it on the match composer, and there's no reason why this playlist wouldn't fit there. The current 8v8 playlist is BRUTALLY slow, although there are a group of folks who enjoy it. Take my entire list of suggestions and put them ALL under the action sack button. Watch as tons of people play that playlist and have an awesome time. You guys need an intense playlist option for newcomers. This is it.

Additionally, please bump up the TS kill limit in HCE 4v4. 75 is better than 50, but 100 is best. I have games that legitimately last 2 minutes. The only time games last 6 mins or more is when the other team quits.
Would love to see a ranked H2C FFA playlist, even if it replaces the current Arena one. I usually just give up trying to find matches in it on most days anyway. My only other practical solution would be to completely remove party and rank restrictions from only H2C Arena like how it was before the title update, solely because many players seem to not be able to find matches anymore. I honestly don't know at this point, just spitballing.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: In Game Timer doesn't appear on your screen in Custom Games
  • REPRO STEPS: Enable Game Timer in Gameplay Settings( doesn't matter if it's time remaining or time elapsed), load up a Custom Game of Halo CE, and you'll see your in game timer doesn't appear on your screen. Error could be possibly be since Custom Games aren't on dedicated servers?
MCC HALO GAME : Halo CE
ISSUE/FEEDBACK : Starting Weapon's and Weapon Spawn's are not traditional in 4 VS 4 CTF in MatchMaking.
REPRO STEPS: Select Halo CE, player size of 4 vs 4 and only CTF in the Composer. Wizard and Derelict you will spawn with the human pistol and plasma pistol, instead of the traditional start of the human pistol and AR. In addition you don't spawn with any grenades and the only weapons set to spawn on Wizard or Derelict currently are the human and plasma pistols.
Is there any possibility of seeing a Ranked Team Slayer playlist for Halo 3? As stated in my previous post, I don't necessarily want to play Team Hardcore cause I'm terrible at Objective gametypes, and while I have been getting Team BRs significantly more often in Social Slayer since my rant, I would still prefer a Halo 3 slayer playlist with BR starts entirely.
4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

I agree with everything you wrote man, especially where you talked about this "halo 3 obsession" there's seems to be, and the lack of FFA playslist for other halos too.
But, honestly... as much as I would like there to be another FFA Ranked playlist, I wouldn't want it to be a "crossplay" type of playlist. And I'm sure this won't get implemented at least for the Ranked section. Because they will not delete H3 Lone Wolves, and most certainly they will not add a crossplay with only H:CE,H2 & H4.

I've posted my concerns about this specific topic about 3 or 4 times and I have noticed many people asking for the same thing, and that is a FFA Ranked playlist for H2C.
I don't know about HCE or Halo 4, I never played them much but Halo 2 no doubt deserves it's own FFA playlist. This will greatly help all of those solo players that want to play ranked H2C but neither can't find matches (because most people are playing H2 Social) and when they do they are being match with "clans or parties". I just can't imagine how this playlist wouldn't work. Most of my MCC friends are Halo 2 fans and they're always playing custom FFA matches. I just wanted to point out why I don't agree with the "Crossplay" option but I do agree with everything else you wrote man! Happy new year!
(just go back 3 replies before this one by BxSouljah)

I agree with everything you wrote man, especially where you talked about this "halo 3 obsession" there's seems to be, and the lack of FFA playslist for other halos too.
But, honestly... as much as I would like there to be another FFA Ranked playlist, I wouldn't want it to be a "crossplay" type of playlist. And I'm sure this won't get implemented at least for the Ranked section. Because they will not delete H3 Lone Wolves, and most certainly they will not add a crossplay with only H:CE,H2 & H4.

I've posted my concerns about this specific topic about 3 or 4 times and I have noticed many people asking for the same thing, and that is a FFA Ranked playlist for H2C.
I don't know about HCE or Halo 4, I never played them much but Halo 2 no doubt deserves it's own FFA playlist. This will greatly help all of those solo players that want to play ranked H2C but neither can't find matches (because most people are playing H2 Social) and when they do they are being match with "clans or parties". I just can't imagine how this playlist wouldn't work. Most of my MCC friends are Halo 2 fans and they're always playing custom FFA matches. I just wanted to point out why I don't agree with the "Crossplay" option but I do agree with everything else you wrote man! Happy new year!
(just go back 3 postings before this one by BxSouljah)
Thanks! I personally would love a crossplay ranked ffa, but the next best thing is a ranked h2c that would be awesome! mainly because like you stated most people who play h2c play in social because the ranked playlist is mostly parties of 3 or 4 smashing on randoms and it has population problems at higher ranks
Postums wrote:
Dreamy wrote:

Please add Beam Rifles to regular H3 Team Snipers.Thank you
I want to say its more along the lines of 6th or 7th. But it's noted.
Thank you for finally replying, and while we are at it also more maps would be nice. Foundry, Construct, Assembly, Orbital, etc.
Would love to see a ranked H2C FFA playlist, even if it replaces the current Arena one. I usually just give up trying to find matches in it on most days anyway. My only other practical solution would be to completely remove party and rank restrictions from only H2C Arena like how it was before the title update, solely because many players seem to not be able to find matches anymore. I honestly don't know at this point, just spitballing.
Disagree with removing rank restrictions for H2C arena. If you do that it basically turns the ranked playlist into a social one. Having rank restrictions in place results in much more competitive and closer scoring games. To improve matches in the playlist, you need to set expectations for those willing to search it. Examples include showing a population counter, showing a match probability metric, or an estimated wait time.

Another example (which is less likely to happen due to the current matchmaking logic), is connecting players as they are found. Currently the logic connects all 8 players once 8 players have been found. However, with the OG H2 and H3 games, once a player was found it queued them into the searching boxes versus "hiding" them in the background. Connecting players in this latter OG fashion gives players an idea if some people are searching or none at all. I don't have any stats to back this up, but I'd be willing to bet players would search for longer periods if they could see how many remaining spots need to be filled, especially in scenarios when just 1 or 2 more players are needed to get into a match.
I love what they’ve done with the social slayer options and how one is able to customize what game types they want to play. But for crying out loud, no one wants to play team slayer on heretic (the worst map ever created) every other game. I wish they could extend the customization even further so that one could play with a battle rifle on a halfway decent map. Or at least alter the frequencies. Need more guardian, pit, high ground, blackout. Far too much heretic team slayer. Have played heretic 7 of my last 12 games. Honestly just make it only team brs. Running around with an assault rifle is just stupid.
Hello there. I know AFK players have been noted as a problem, but I want to share my personal experience with them in CE Doubles to show how broken it really is. On multiple games I'll get teammates who just randomly go AFK in and out of the game, so I could not time how long they actually stayed AFK in the game. However, I recently played a game on Hang 'em High and I kid you not, my teammate went AFK for over three and a half minutes. I know what you're thinking, "maybe he was just touching the joysticks or pushing a button every once in awhile so he stayed in the game." That's what I suspected so I watched him from the moment he went AFK to the moment he started playing again, and he didn't move at all. And even if he did do that, that's still a problem, especially in a game like CE doubles.

So I just want to put this in a players perspective: if you have a teammate in Halo CE doubles who goes AFK, it's more than likely you will lose unless you're just that good at CE and can avoid getting spawn killed over and over again.

Another match on Hang 'em High I had to sit there and get killed forty times in a row because my teammate rage AFK'd after getting killed four times. It was the area by camo and rockets where my teammate stood AFK and I would spawn in the same spot every. single. time. I understand that they have priorities and what not with development and patches, but isn't a problem where players can sit AFK while his/her teammate has to die forty times in a row a problem? Obviously I couldn't quit out or else I would get the ban-hammer. If you ask me, a person who goes AFK in CE doubles should get a much more severe punishment than a person who quits. If your teammate quits, he'll automatically get a ban, and then you can just quit out and Q back into another game, but when he/she sits AFK, you have to sit there and get killed over and over until the match ends or just quit and then get banned yourself.

what eats me up is that if I stand still for even the slightest amount of time in Halo 5 I get booted, so why can't the same system be applied to MCC? Especially in CE doubles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21