Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21
Game: Halo 3
Issue: Halo 3 is still the only title which is laggy in almost every game. 90% of the games have everything 0,3 sec delayed. It feels like the input lag of my TV is 300ms (but it is 16ms). It feels sooooo bad! Everything you do on your controller takes forever to happen. This is consistent since the huge update last summer.
I don’t feel ANY lags in the other titles. It is only in Halo 3...
If this is what dedicated servers will bring us, I don‘t want them. Even Halo 3’s P2P on the 360 was better (and that was the hell bad too).

10 up, 50 down. IPv6 (that means no NAT at all so it can‘t be a NAT-issue)

also I know that many many europeans are experiencing the same. Houndreds of competitive european players are affected by this. This should be a main issue 343 should focus on the next update. Halo 3 is unplayable...
I second this. It's a combination of horrendous hit registration and lag, as well as a poor matchmaking server system. I would as well prefer the old P2P system all day, if a server-based system leads to all of what is currently happening in H3 playlists.
This is what happened exactly 20 minutes ago to me in MLG:
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/giafra/video/67794338
This game is screaming for a fix. Since 2014.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: You can use a primary in your secondary slot in Halo 4 without using the firepower tactical package.
  • REPRO STEPS: First add firepower tactical package to a loadout. Next change loadouts (LB or RB) then change back again to the initial loadout. Then change the tactical package to something other than firepower (this will change your secondary weapon to a magnum) Finally change your secondary weapon (you should be able to choose a primary in your secondary slot)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Video This bug only affects the menu, it doesn't carry over to gameplay. The weapon in the secondary slot will become your primary and your secondary weapon defaults to the magnum.
Game: Halo 3
Issue: Halo 3 is still the only title which is laggy in almost every game. 90% of the games have everything 0,3 sec delayed. It feels like the input lag of my TV is 300ms (but it is 16ms). It feels sooooo bad! Everything you do on your controller takes forever to happen. This is consistent since the huge update last summer.
I don’t feel ANY lags in the other titles. It is only in Halo 3...
If this is what dedicated servers will bring us, I don‘t want them. Even Halo 3’s P2P on the 360 was better (and that was the hell bad too).

10 up, 50 down. IPv6 (that means no NAT at all so it can‘t be a NAT-issue)

also I know that many many europeans are experiencing the same. Houndreds of competitive european players are affected by this. This should be a main issue 343 should focus on the next update. Halo 3 is unplayable...
Moinsen,

I don't have those Problems. Same country... XBOX has an wired connection, 1080p, IPv4, NAT, 100down 10up

Everything else is not laggy? Campaign, Custom Games, Splittscreen?

Can you provide a us with a video showing your lag?

EDIT:
Taking your skill into consideration maybe you are matched with to many players from the US. Due to lack of good players in europe. Do you have the same experience with a new XBOX live account?
Please turn automatic queue off. So many people here get the SAME teammates who don't play the entire game several times in a row. It doesn't need to be in the game, pressing two buttons is not hard.
GsG91990 wrote:
Moinsen,

I don't have those Problems. Same country... XBOX has an wired connection, 1080p, IPv4, NAT, 100down 10up

EDIT:
Taking your skill into consideration maybe you are matched with to many players from the US. Due to lack of good players in europe. Do you have the same experience with a new XBOX live account?
No lags in Custom. Split Screen doesn't matter, Halo 3 is laggy. Haven't played campaign the last year so I can't tell.

Look on giafras video: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/giafra/video/67794338
That is exactly what I am talking about. As you can see in the first video: Grenades come out late, shots hit you behind walls. Your own shots need to be placed ~2 feet ahead the enemy. If he moves left, you have to shoot 2 feet left. (Don't tell me this is the Halo 3 system. I am talking about a situation where the enemy is 5 meters in front of you. If he is 100m away I of course have to shoot a bit left/right). The problem is, if he changes his movement really quick, what good players used to do, it is nearly impossible to kill someone with less than ~8 shots from a distance of more that ~15 meters.

In closer range, it often happens to me that I think I missed the 5th shot so I turn around to move away because I think I will lose the BR-duell. Then 1 second later, when I already turned away completely and moved behind a corner to safe my -Yoink- I get the kill-notification. This is weird...

This is extremely crazy with the sniper rifle:
Example:
1st shot: misses the head (on my screen. Even in cinema the shot MISSES completely).
2nd shot: I shoot again. I miss again. I think damn I didn't kill him.
-> Then the enemy brings himself to safety behind a corner.
-> 1 second later: Surprisingly, I get a headshot-kill. It turnes out that the first shot was actually a headshot...
I started playing this month, and I love it.

My favourite at the moment is Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer. Thank you to 343 and Certain Affinity for reimagining Halo 2 multiplayer in a way that's doing its best to improve upon the original. Will give more detailed positive feedback in the future, but I first want to enjoy it more. Hope you read this, from a 28-year-old Halo longtime fan (since 2001).
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
Issue: You cannot edit trait zones on Halo 4 Forge. In Halo 4 on the 360 you would press start and select "Trait Zones Properties". No such option is available on MCC, and to my knowledge there's no other way to edit trait zones.
GsG91990 wrote:
Moinsen,

EDIT:
No lags in Custom. Split Screen doesn't matter, Halo 3 is laggy. Haven't played campaign the last year so I can't tell.

Look on giafras video: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/giafra/video/67794338
That is exactly what I am talking about. As you can see in the first video: Grenades come out late, shots hit you behind walls. Your own shots need to be placed ~2 feet ahead the enemy. If he moves left, you have to shoot 2 feet left. (Don't tell me this is the Halo 3 system. I am talking about a situation where the enemy is 5 meters in front of you. If he is 100m away I of course have to shoot a bit left/right). The problem is, if he changes his movement really quick, what good players used to do, it is nearly impossible to kill someone with less than ~8 shots from a distance of more that ~15 meters.

In closer range, it often happens to me that I think I missed the 5th shot so I turn around to move away because I think I will lose the BR-duell. Then 1 second later, when I already turned away completely and moved behind a corner to safe my -Yoink- I get the kill-notification. This is weird...

This is extremely crazy with the sniper rifle:
Example:
1st shot: misses the head (on my screen. Even in cinema the shot MISSES completely).
2nd shot: I shoot again. I miss again. I think damn I didn't kill him.
-> Then the enemy brings himself to safety behind a corner.
-> 1 second later: Surprisingly, I get a headshot-kill. It turnes out that the first shot was actually a headshot...
Video expired... Do you have the same problem in social with match composer? Just slayer solo queeing
  • MCC HALO GAME: All
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The absence of party matching is completely absurd. I solo queue in social playlists and match with partied teams of 4 tryhards with the same emblem and complementary clan tags. This predictably leads to awful experiences where the communicating team secures all the power weapons and farms me and my team to scores of 50-15 or worse. This is further compounded by the high rate of AR starts wherein I spawn and get killed instantly by the other team who not only has all the power weapons but also the limited BRs available. So not only am I getting matched into games where I have no chance to win, I'm also spawning with a weapon that gives me no chance to defend myself. It's completely ridiculous that this STILL hasn't been fixed after literally YEARS of people like Tommy Kost advocating for party matching. It completely ruins the experience for players and deters newer players from learning the game and improving.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I took a screenshot of the post-game stats of 1 game that I can provide if needed.
  • SOLUTION: Institute party matching. Teams of 4 should play teams of 4. Teams of 2-3 should play teams of 2-3. Further reduce the incidence of AR starts (excluding smaller/tighter maps like Heretic or Epitaph).
Can we please have the Hardcore 2v2 playlist back since more Microsoft Store tournaments have been announced?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 4
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The scoreboard menu still shows the default emblem (dogtags emblem) for all players.
  • REPRO STEPS: During a game of halo 4 pull up the scoreboard then press Y when selecting any players gamertag.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Video
Please weight the BR more than the AR for social slayer. playing with the AR on maps like ghost town is garbage.
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
3. RANKED PLAYLISTS, Something has to be done with ranked playlists, this is the Master Chief Collection, not the Halo 3 collection, 4 out of 7 ranked playlists are Halo 3. Halo 4 doesn’t even have a ranked playlist at all, and I don’t even like Halo 4, but what gives?? It had ranking before the big update, but not now?
H2c/h2a/Hce only have 1 ranked playlist per game, yet halo 3 has 4. What is up with this Halo 3 obsession?? We need more support, not exclusion for other ranked halo playlists that are not Halo 3.

4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

THIS! This is literally the only issue left! Ranked halo 4 is needed. Ranked hce 4v4 is needed. Cross play FFA and doubles and maybe hardcore. Then it will be almost perfect!
All they care about is money and halo 3 is the most played halo on mcc maybe halo 5 has more population but on mcc it’s h3 :( I cant stand how the game fells with these updates:( I have my 360 out and trying to get my old 50 back in team slayer on the og h3. Especially with tournaments for h3 Going on and a playlist made to practice for it. 343 are nice with updates and nameplates but I can’t stand how the severs work and pretty much everything about halo. Halo 3 is played a lot differently than on the 360, much faster game play idk why 60 FPS or from halo reach-h5 has made players play this way. I will always love halo for what it’s made me fell. But since mcc has came out it has never felt like it should so I should shut up and try to find something positive to say. I love bungie there.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Custom Game/Forge maps not appearing unless I restart the game
  • REPRO STEPS: It happens randomly. sometimes when you first log on for the day, other times it happens after long play sessions. It's unpredictable but restarting the game usually fixes it
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Custom Game/Forge maps not appearing unless I restart the game
  • REPRO STEPS: It happens randomly. sometimes when you first log on for the day, other times it happens after long play sessions. It's unpredictable but restarting the game usually fixes it
There is a known bug where content doesn't always display on first load after the last patch. We are working on a fix for this currently.
In halo 3, btb.
too much ”heavy” maps. After the last update every other game is a heavy game. Remove please. Those who love a over powered game can stay in customs.
In halo 3, btb
fix the spawns on Last resort, sandtrap and Longshore. There must be a way to have a ”safe zone” where you cant spawn next to the other team. Just as there is a zone in campaign co-op you cant spawn if the enemy is too close.

fix the spawns on all maps, but those are the worst.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The streaktac medal dont work has it should let me go on mcc in the morning for me and double check we won by 50-14 what the score was or something but no medal popped up for us to say we did but in H2A it does
  • REPRO STEPS: Not sure yet
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Needs to be tested alot to see if it pops in halo 3 but not alot if you win by 50-24 <just a thought
Dreamy wrote:
This is my 10th post regarding:

Please add Beam Rifles to regular H3 Team Snipers.Thank you
FYI:

Quote:
VERY soon! :) @The_Psycho_Duck
Thanks for adding ricochet back to H4's match composer options under assault, having loads of fun with this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21