Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21
Where is Double Team Halo 3 competitive ? Why did you remove it, it was amazing !
Where is Double Team Halo 3 competitive ? Why did you remove it, it was amazing !
Do not question our 343 overlords! You will play the game on their terms, you want to play team doubles, ok you can play team doubles but 50% of the games will be objectives. Actually, no. you want to play team doubles? play in match composer! Want to play snipers now you say? oh okay that is fine, here enjoy a generous helping of 40% king of the hill. Half your team is quitting now you say because no one wants to play snipers king of the hill nearly every other game? That is fine, we got a solution for ya bud. AUTO BANS BABY!!! You would like to bring this issue up? thats too bad fren, we don't plan on changing it so if you want to play you're just going to have to deal.

And now on a serious note, this type of attitude is off-putting from the team. The modern aiming and match composer are great, as well as the loads of other bugs they've fixed with the time they've put in. But here is how my experience has been with the MCC.

Maybe around 8 months ago i was at a friends house and they recommended playing MCC. I honestly didnt even know there was a halo bundle game after quitting video games when halo 3 changed the ranking system based on your EXP and the amount of games you played, rather then skill level. His roommate claimed they were going to demolish me, since i havent played in almost a decade and they still played semi-frequently. After i thoroughly wrecked them, i relapsed, bought an xbox one halo bundle the next day. Didnt even realize the problems it had with MM and the general state of the game. But good news, they're fixing it, that's cool, i will start practicing my BR in the meantime so ill be good again when its fixed. At first it's fun as hell and i play a lot of hours, then i start getting sick of dealing with options i shouldnt have to be dealing with. Like having to play a mix of every game when i just want to play H2/H3(while completely forgiving the P2P connection issues). So i stop playing for a long time till an update. Now the game is fun again after first update, though i once again get sick of having to deal with only being given the option of playing just a few playlist's that the team deems worthy. So i stop for a while. Now match composer comes and its awesome i can play strictly h3 snipers if i want to. I play a lot of hours, then i get sick of having to deal king of the hill. So i stop playing for a while. Hear of modern aiming, so i come back, and again it's a great update, but im already hitting my limit dealing with objectives, be it team doubles or snipers, my favorite playlists. Again, i'm not even considering the connection issues and constant blood shots with this critique.

Over this entire process they have done amazing work, but when the time comes for patches i feel there is a "my way or the highway" type attitude in the end. Like adding/taking away infection/swat/btb until they feel like they want to add it back. The excuse is always "the population is too low",.."if we add this playlist it will spread the population too thin"..."you can just play this playlist in composer"..."we dont plan to change this playlist weighting"...This is FOUR games in one, for one of the most popular video game series of all time. This should be the number one game played on xbox, instead it is 38th. For reference, call of duty black ops 2 on XBOX 360 is ten spots behind MCC. just insane. You need to give the players options, not have an attitude of, "this is my game you'll play what we like to play". all the playlist options of the old games is what made it so massive, as it catered to everyone no matter what type of match they wanted to play at that moment (competitive, social, FFA, snipers, swat, etc.). By not giving us the option to play what may now be low populated playlist, you're just ensuring that playlist will never have a big population in the future either, if you dont allow the game to grow organically. Anyway, sorry for the rant, and please lower the objective weighting in playlists, since "they can just play objective in the match composer anyway"...
Obviously, it’s a matter of personal taste, but I’d prefer it if Fiesta didn’t include grenades, on-map pickups (camo, overshield, etc.) and sensors.

To me, the spirit of Fiesta is making due with whatever random weapon I spawn and leveling the playing field by eliminating boosts and radar.
Do not question our 343 overlords! You will play the game on their terms, you want to play team doubles, ok you can play team doubles but 50% of the games will be objectives. Actually, no. you want to play team doubles? play in match composer! Want to play snipers now you say? oh okay that is fine, here enjoy a generous helping of 40% king of the hill. Half your team is quitting now you say because no one wants to play snipers king of the hill nearly every other game? That is fine, we got a solution for ya bud. AUTO BANS BABY!!! You would like to bring this issue up? thats too bad fren, we don't plan on changing it so if you want to play you're just going to have to deal.

And now on a serious note, this type of attitude is off-putting from the team. The modern aiming and match composer are great, as well as the loads of other bugs they've fixed with the time they've put in. But here is how my experience has been with the MCC.

Maybe around 8 months ago i was at a friends house and they recommended playing MCC. I honestly didnt even know there was a halo bundle game after quitting video games when halo 3 changed the ranking system based on your EXP and the amount of games you played, rather then skill level. His roommate claimed they were going to demolish me, since i havent played in almost a decade and they still played semi-frequently. After i thoroughly wrecked them, i relapsed, bought an xbox one halo bundle the next day. Didnt even realize the problems it had with MM and the general state of the game. But good news, they're fixing it, that's cool, i will start practicing my BR in the meantime so ill be good again when its fixed. At first it's fun as hell and i play a lot of hours, then i start getting sick of dealing with options i shouldnt have to be dealing with. Like having to play a mix of every game when i just want to play H2/H3(while completely forgiving the P2P connection issues). So i stop playing for a long time till an update. Now the game is fun again after first update, though i once again get sick of having to deal with only being given the option of playing just a few playlist's that the team deems worthy. So i stop for a while. Now match composer comes and its awesome i can play strictly h3 snipers if i want to. I play a lot of hours, then i get sick of having to deal king of the hill. So i stop playing for a while. Hear of modern aiming, so i come back, and again it's a great update, but im already hitting my limit dealing with objectives, be it team doubles or snipers, my favorite playlists. Again, i'm not even considering the connection issues and constant blood shots with this critique.

Over this entire process they have done amazing work, but when the time comes for patches i feel there is a "my way or the highway" type attitude in the end. Like adding/taking away infection/swat/btb until they feel like they want to add it back. The excuse is always "the population is too low",.."if we add this playlist it will spread the population too thin"..."you can just play this playlist in composer"..."we dont plan to change this playlist weighting"...This is FOUR games in one, for one of the most popular video game series of all time. This should be the number one game played on xbox, instead it is 38th. For reference, call of duty black ops 2 on XBOX 360 is ten spots behind MCC. just insane. You need to give the players options, not have an attitude of, "this is my game you'll play what we like to play". all the playlist options of the old games is what made it so massive, as it catered to everyone no matter what type of match they wanted to play at that moment (competitive, social, FFA, snipers, swat, etc.). By not giving us the option to play what may now be low populated playlist, you're just ensuring that playlist will never have a big population in the future either, if you dont allow the game to grow organically. Anyway, sorry for the rant, and please lower the objective weighting in playlists, since "they can just play objective in the match composer anyway"...
If you think we don't listen to players and take in feedback on making changes to the game - you aren't paying attention at all to what I do for my day job.

I literally go through the forums here, twitter, reddit, YouTube, and gather feedback from the community as a whole. Then take said feedback to the development team to help craft playlists and playlist options that the community has asked for.

Just because your specific items you want aren't being addressed does not mean we aren't listening. It just means that your opinion isn't as widespread as you think it is.

Also - right now, MCC has the most play options it has ever had for anyone who wants to play matchmaking. Match Composer is the most robust options for choosing what you want to play ever in Halo history.
Postums wrote:

If you think we don't listen to players and take in feedback on making changes to the game - you aren't paying attention at all to what I do for my day job.

I literally go through the forums here, twitter, reddit, YouTube, and gather feedback from the community as a whole. Then take said feedback to the development team to help craft playlists and playlist options that the community has asked for.

Just because your specific items you want aren't being addressed does not mean we aren't listening. It just means that your opinion isn't as widespread as you think it is.

Also - right now, MCC has the most play options it has ever had for anyone who wants to play matchmaking. Match Composer is the most robust options for choosing what you want to play ever in Halo history.
Match composer is great and all but what about us who like vintage Halo? While I'm sure you are looking at feedback from everyone it seems like to me you're focusing on catering to new players and don't care as much about the players who we're at midnight launches for the original games that make mcc possible.

This is from my view as a social playlist multiplayer player.
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:
Match composer is great and all but what about us who like vintage Halo? While I'm sure you are looking at feedback from everyone it seems like to me you're focusing on catering to new players and don't care as much about the players who we're at midnight launches for the original games that make mcc possible.

I'm confused by this entire statement.
"Match composer is great and all but what about us who like vintage Halo?"
Match composer now allows you to build that social playlist however you see fit? You can search a varying set of social playlists at once compared to previous Halos where your option was to search Team Training, Team Snipers, Team Objective, or others that were available at launch? Now, you can build one out that accommodates all of the play styles you want to play?

Are you saying that because there isn't a 1:1 mirror of the playlists that were offered previously aka, Halo 2 Team Snipers, Halo 2 Team Training, Halo 3 Team Slayer, etc., that we aren't doing something? Those options are all available within the match composer.

If you can explain how you see we are "catering" to one of the other it might help as I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:

Match composer now allows you to build that social playlist however you see fit? You can search a varying set of social playlists at once compared to previous Halos where your option was to search Team Training, Team Snipers, Team Objective, or others that were available at launch? Now, you can build one out that accommodates all of the play styles you want to play?

Are you saying that because there isn't a 1:1 mirror of the playlists that were offered previously aka, Halo 2 Team Snipers, Halo 2 Team Training, Halo 3 Team Slayer, etc., that we aren't doing something? Those options are all available within the match composer.

If you can explain how you see we are "catering" to one of the other it might help as I'm misunderstanding what you are saying.
It seems like you're adding in new features like match composer and the new aiming thing but there still broken features like the ban system that are turning people away. I have played the same way since halo ce and am now after years of gaming I'm being punished for it. I can deal with the playlist thing changing sense for me it seems like I can play what I would like to play but I do not like being banned even for five minutes for something that wasn't a punishable offense in the original games.

I know I probably sound like a broken record but on the why was I banned thread all I get is threats of being banned so here I am.

I get that I'm not a game developer and you guys can focus on multiple things at once but I have supported the halo series since it's release and the communication from 343 on the other thread is kind of lacking.
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:

It seems like you're adding in new features like match composer and the new aiming thing but there still broken features like the ban system that are turning people away. I have played the same way since halo ce and am now after years of gaming I'm being punished for it. I can deal with the playlist thing changing sense for me it seems like I can play what I would like to play but I do not like being banned even for five minutes for something that wasn't a punishable offense in the original games.

I know I probably sound like a broken record but on the why was I banned thread all I get is threats of being banned so here I am.

I get that I'm not a game developer and you guys can focus on multiple things at once but I have supported the halo series since it's release and the communication from 343 on the other thread is kind of lacking.
Bans are in the game to help stop players from quitting. It's working in that MCC currently has the lowest quit rate amongst all Halo games to date. The system is doing what it is supposed to. Players who quit out of matches ruin the game for those who are in it. We aren't planning to change this system as it is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The ban system is in place due to players talking quite loudly about having so many quitters and the data supporting high quit rates in the title.

It's simple - if you don't want to get banned, don't quit. That I will 100% agree on us saying this is how it is going to be. And yes, these bans weren't in the originals, but they are in MCC to curb a bad behavior that was running rampant in the game.

Bans aren't going anywhere for those who quit out of matchmaking.
TripOG wrote:
I have played the same way since halo ce and am now after years of gaming I'm being punished for it.
So quitting games is how you play?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TripOG wrote:
I have played the same way since halo ce and am now after years of gaming I'm being punished for it.
So quitting games is how you play?
I rarely ever quit games but I play a lot of team action sack that has game types with lasers and snipers where team mates will spawn and or walk in front of you and you will betray them. You get banned for that now

Thanks for making assumptions, I'm now going to assume you never played the original games.
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:

Bans are in the game to help stop players from quitting. It's working in that MCC currently has the lowest quit rate amongst all Halo games to date. The system is doing what it is supposed to. Players who quit out of matches ruin the game for those who are in it. We aren't planning to change this system as it is doing exactly what it is supposed to. The ban system is in place due to players talking quite loudly about having so many quitters and the data supporting high quit rates in the title.

It's simple - if you don't want to get banned, don't quit. That I will 100% agree on us saying this is how it is going to be. And yes, these bans weren't in the originals, but they are in MCC to curb a bad behavior that was running rampant in the game.

Quitting games isn't the only thing you ban people for now, and I will say 100% with the ban system how it is now I will not play another game of halo from 343.

Thank you for being clear on that, I will now free up some hard drive space.
TripOG wrote:
I rarely ever quit games but I play a lot of team action sack that has game types with lasers and snipers where team mates will spawn and or walk in front of you and you will betray them. You get banned for that now

Thanks for making assumptions, I'm now going to assume you never played the original games.
Lol, well it's hard not to make assumptions when you don't specify anything, but thanks for clearing that up.
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:
TripOG wrote:
Postums wrote:

Quitting games isn't the only thing you ban people for now, and I will say 100% with the ban system how it is now I will not play another game of halo from 343.

Thank you for being clear on that, I will now free up some hard drive space.
Apologies for not stating every thing we ban a player for: timed bans are issued for being booted due to betrayals, banning for quitting, and banning for network disconnect. These are all warranted to improve game quality and stop griefers.

If you don't like getting banned - don't do these things. Sorry, but they are warranted and useful in making the experience for others better in the game.
TripOG wrote:
I rarely ever quit games but I play a lot of team action sack that has game-types with lasers and snipers where team mates will spawn and or walk in front of you and you will betray them. You get banned for that now.
Postums wrote:
Apologies for not stating every thing we ban a player for: timed bans are issued for being booted due to betrayals, banning for quitting, and banning for network disconnect. These are all warranted to improve game quality and stop griefers.

If you don't like getting banned - don't do these things. Sorry, but they are warranted and useful in making the experience for others better in the game.
@Postums

While I found TripOG's comments pretty ridiculous I will bring up a question based on the comment above from him. Within the Action Sack (and Fiesta) modes is friendly fire on? I would have assumed it wasn't.
Referring to my older post a few days ago:

This is how Halo 3 plays from the EU:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkbyaYKhMcbK7iVVVPJ6SMwyH0Ka
It seems as if every other match I play there is always a griefer.

I invited one of these said griefers and he explained to me he makes multiple accounts in order to grief on the MCC . He claims he griefs so 343I may rue the day they took over Halo.

I can’t make this stuff up.

I usually end end up quitting the match if the player hinds my gaming experience.
Halo 2 BTB still has delayed sounds or missing sounds entirely. No game commence announcer, respawn timer blip is delayed so that blips can be more or less than 1 second apart, or not happen at all. There are times where it even continues after you spawn. Please fix!

I invited one of these said griefers and he explained to me he makes multiple accounts in order to grief on the MCC . He claims he griefs so 343I may rue the day they took over Halo.

I usually end end up quitting the match if the player hinds my gaming experience.
If you have any evidence of this such as videos etc. I would message Postums on here directly to see if he can do anything about it. He's done a great job with dealing with cheaters, grievers etc.

If you have any evidence of this such as videos etc. I would message Postums on here directly to see if he can do anything about it. He's done a great job with dealing with cheaters, grievers etc.
Alright. I’m not too positive on what evidence I could dig up. I honestly could probably invite the guy into a party and have him repeat what he intially said and record it.
Now I know that Halo 2 Classic will be 100% BR’s in all playlist including Ranked and Unranked. So I love the idea for the Match Composer (Social Games) but I would love to see that I could pick my map with any Halo games. I would love to play Lockout 24/7 since that was my favorite map from Halo 2 in 2004. Postums, Would we see this in the incoming update for Match Composer (Social Games)?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21