Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21
R32 GTS4 wrote:
Now I know that Halo 2 Classic will be 100% BR’s in all playlist including Ranked and Unranked. So I love the idea for the Match Composer (Social Games) but I would love to see that I could pick my map with any Halo games. I would love to play Lockout 24/7 since that was my favorite map from Halo 2 in 2004. Postums, Would we see this in the incoming update for Match Composer (Social Games)?
There are not plans to make match composer breakdown to a per map basis. Custom game browser when it's released should help fill this niche area. So should you want a 24/7 lockout lobby you can create one and get people into a game there.
Is a pregame lobby being worked on? Options to mute? Beatdowns in Halo 2 Classic?
Postums wrote:
Where is Double Team Halo 3 competitive ? Why did you remove it, it was amazing !
Do not question our 343 overlords! You will play the game on their terms, you want to play team doubles, ok you can play team doubles but 50% of the games will be objectives. Actually, no. you want to play team doubles? play in match composer! Want to play snipers now you say? oh okay that is fine, here enjoy a generous helping of 40% king of the hill. Half your team is quitting now you say because no one wants to play snipers king of the hill nearly every other game? That is fine, we got a solution for ya bud. AUTO BANS BABY!!! You would like to bring this issue up? thats too bad fren, we don't plan on changing it so if you want to play you're just going to have to deal.

And now on a serious note, this type of attitude is off-putting from the team. The modern aiming and match composer are great, as well as the loads of other bugs they've fixed with the time they've put in. But here is how my experience has been with the MCC.

Maybe around 8 months ago i was at a friends house and they recommended playing MCC. I honestly didnt even know there was a halo bundle game after quitting video games when halo 3 changed the ranking system based on your EXP and the amount of games you played, rather then skill level. His roommate claimed they were going to demolish me, since i havent played in almost a decade and they still played semi-frequently. After i thoroughly wrecked them, i relapsed, bought an xbox one halo bundle the next day. Didnt even realize the problems it had with MM and the general state of the game. But good news, they're fixing it, that's cool, i will start practicing my BR in the meantime so ill be good again when its fixed. At first it's fun as hell and i play a lot of hours, then i start getting sick of dealing with options i shouldnt have to be dealing with. Like having to play a mix of every game when i just want to play H2/H3(while completely forgiving the P2P connection issues). So i stop playing for a long time till an update. Now the game is fun again after first update, though i once again get sick of having to deal with only being given the option of playing just a few playlist's that the team deems worthy. So i stop for a while. Now match composer comes and its awesome i can play strictly h3 snipers if i want to. I play a lot of hours, then i get sick of having to deal king of the hill. So i stop playing for a while. Hear of modern aiming, so i come back, and again it's a great update, but im already hitting my limit dealing with objectives, be it team doubles or snipers, my favorite playlists. Again, i'm not even considering the connection issues and constant blood shots with this critique.

Over this entire process they have done amazing work, but when the time comes for patches i feel there is a "my way or the highway" type attitude in the end. Like adding/taking away infection/swat/btb until they feel like they want to add it back. The excuse is always "the population is too low",.."if we add this playlist it will spread the population too thin"..."you can just play this playlist in composer"..."we dont plan to change this playlist weighting"...This is FOUR games in one, for one of the most popular video game series of all time. This should be the number one game played on xbox, instead it is 38th. For reference, call of duty black ops 2 on XBOX 360 is ten spots behind MCC. just insane. You need to give the players options, not have an attitude of, "this is my game you'll play what we like to play". all the playlist options of the old games is what made it so massive, as it catered to everyone no matter what type of match they wanted to play at that moment (competitive, social, FFA, snipers, swat, etc.). By not giving us the option to play what may now be low populated playlist, you're just ensuring that playlist will never have a big population in the future either, if you dont allow the game to grow organically. Anyway, sorry for the rant, and please lower the objective weighting in playlists, since "they can just play objective in the match composer anyway"...
If you think we don't listen to players and take in feedback on making changes to the game - you aren't paying attention at all to what I do for my day job.

I literally go through the forums here, twitter, reddit, YouTube, and gather feedback from the community as a whole. Then take said feedback to the development team to help craft playlists and playlist options that the community has asked for.

Just because your specific items you want aren't being addressed does not mean we aren't listening. It just means that your opinion isn't as widespread as you think it is.

Also - right now, MCC has the most play options it has ever had for anyone who wants to play matchmaking. Match Composer is the most robust options for choosing what you want to play ever in Halo history.
I understand that you listen to the feedback and i appreciate the hard work you do, but you have to remember who is giving you the feedback. They are the people who have stuck it out this whole time and still played before you guys announced the updates, despite the state the game was previously in. When you released the update and the game on game pass there was hype, the game climbed up to around the 25th most played game. But you released it with bare bones playlists, old players that got excited and returned werent able to play their favorite playlists, after a week it went right back to where the population was before the updates. Those players arent going to take the time to come here or on twitter and give you feedback, they're just going to stop playing and move on. they arent going to tell their old friends, " Halo is back, lets hop on swat!". So again just saying, "your opinion isn't as wide spread as you think" is nonsense. This is a business in the end, you must be proactive instead of reactive. waiting for an arbitrary number of people to complain about something just hurts the population more. And even then i would say my specific thoughts about king of the hill weighting in snipers is widely supported, because literally every time a KOH snipers map gets chosen people immediately quit. Then they quit again and get banned for longer, then they probably just say F this im done dealing with this. And by the way i am not one of the people, i never quit games and will play 1 vs 4 till the end
The least you can do is add the Veto option back, like originally stated in the first blog post about the update and have KOTH only come up as the first option, if it gets vetoed then a slayer only map get chosen. My two favorite maps in any playlist are guardian and the pit, but i actually dread seeing them come up now in snipers. Why? because it is most likely not going to be slayer and im sick of being excited when it gets chosen, only to see that it is damn king of the hill when the game starts.
We need a veto option asap!
  • MCC HALO GAME:
Halo 4
Could you add Xbox 360 Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC items ? Like the Mark V, ODST, Prefect and Ricochet Armors and weapons skins from the Steel Skin Pack and Bonus Pack ?
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
All items listed here : https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Champions_Bundle
Postums:

Can you tell me if there will be any work in regards to the hit detection/registration on halo 3? I’ve seen numerous complaints in regards to this and I keep having these issues where it’s almost as if my shots are invisible or the BR is shooting blanks. It’s very frustrating since halo 3 is one of my favourite titles and nothing has been mentioned about this being worked on.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Current ranked playlists: H3 has LW, Team Slayer (for some stupid reason still called team arena), MLG, H2 has 2 different Team Slayers, and CE has Team Doubles... What is this lineup? Where is ranked doubles? Where is ranked snipers? Where is ranked Swat?

The selections seriously need to be updated with staple ranked playlists.
It just boggles my mind that AR starts are still a thing in Halo 3 when we no longer have to deal with SMG starts in H2 or H2A. There is no meaningful difference between the two and it is hypocritical to say one is fine and another is enough of a problem to change. Not that I want to see SMG starts return mind you.

It makes choosing to play Halo 3 a total crapshoot whether you are going to end up with decent settings or not, especially when you get fun stuff like AR starts on Last Resort....

MCC should be set up for how the games actually work not the fantasy of auto start "variety".
We need BR starts for social slayer Halo 3. I think most of the community would agree AR starts are annoying some maps have only 1 BR for the team to fight over. It would make it more balanced for the newer players who have no idea where BR spawns are and who go -15 every game. This needs to be implemented I’ve seen people on other threads mention this. Make this happen. Thanks in advance.
I hate to be that guy, but... Dominion?
OakleyW23 wrote:
I hate to be that guy, but... Dominion?
Now in KoH:
Quote:
[8v8] [H4] Moved Dominion entries from Action Sack to King of the Hill.
On the H4 side, I think the Extraction mode could arguably exist within the KotH mode selection (within the current match composer) due to the territorial defense recognition and credit during the extraction process. Plus, the 1-Site variant, strategically speaking, carries a lot of similarities to Crazy King. Anyways, as mentioned this is based on the current mode selections within the match composer.

However, another way to breakdown all of Halo’s most popular modes for the match composer (if it were overhauled) could be under these categories:

1. Slayer
  • Slayer
  • SWAT - A Slayer variant. Probably a good idea for it to have its own category.
  • Snips - A Slayer variant. Certainly another one that could have its own category.
  • Regicide - Basically a Slayer variant. Potentially a fit for the Action Sack category.
  • (One Sided) VIP - Round-based. Just another Slayer variant.
  • Fiesta Slayer - Fiesta, generally speaking, ought to be its own category or maintained within the Action Sack category.
  • Elimination - Round-based. Probably best to maintain this mode within the Action Sack category (at least within the MCC).
  • Infection - Round-based. Basically a variation on Elimination. Also best to give it its own category.
2. Capture
  • Multi-Flag
  • Neutral Flag
  • Extraction
  • (One Sided) Single Flag - Round-based. Also known as Assault in Combat Evolved. Round-based.
  • (One Sided) Landgrab - Round-based. Locking Territories.
3. Control
  • (3-Plot) Territories - The Halo 5 variant is Strongholds.
  • (Moving) King of the Hill - There are a few moving hill variants. A single stationary Hill is another variant.
  • Dominion - Essentially a control variant on Territories.
  • Oddball
4. Bomb
  • Neutral Bomb - Sometimes referred to as Assault.
  • Multi-Bomb
  • Ricochet - Essentially a variant on Neutral Bomb.
  • Grifball - Basically another variant on Neutral Bomb.
  • One (Sided) Bomb - Round-based. Also has been referred to as Assault.
You could certainly argue that all the One-Sided modes would all be best categorized together and perhaps referred to as Assail or maybe Incursion. I’d also love to see the round-based aspect modified slightly. Both sides should get one offensive round and defensive round as part of regulation play. If tied afterwards, only then should a third (suden overtime) round be played which is essentially a replay of the 1st round. These changes should help mitigate some of the quitting issues that are associated with One-Sided round-based gameplay.

Anyways, this is, in part, why I think the Regicide mode could potentially exist in either the Slayer or Action Sack mode selections within the match composer. Not to mention, for CE the “Assault” mode should get added to the CTF selection mode unless One-Sided stuff eventually gets its own location or is simply filtered over to and kept in the Action Sack playlist.
PeytoniK wrote:
We need BR starts for social slayer Halo 3. I think most of the community would agree AR starts are annoying some maps have only 1 BR for the team to fight over. It would make it more balanced for the newer players who have no idea where BR spawns are and who go -15 every game. This needs to be implemented I’ve seen people on other threads mention this. Make this happen. Thanks in advance.
So, the issue is not AR starts. What you're stating means that the main problem is team balance; if they're getting such a negative K/D, the enemies are so strong, doesn't matter if you give the new players a BR. If anything, it would make it worse as they wouldn't even be able to aim correctly.

That said, please, stop being one-sided. People have different opinions, and although the automatic starts followers are in the minority of players, there is still a handful of them (me included) who wants to just have an OPTION to play that way. In addition to that, there are pretty valid arguments for both sides of the coin.

The solution is not removing one or another, it's letting us to choose freely, which is the main purpouse of the Composer: variety and freedom.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
WerepyreND wrote:
It just boggles my mind that AR starts are still a thing in Halo 3 when we no longer have to deal with SMG starts in H2 or H2A. There is no meaningful difference between the two and it is hypocritical to say one is fine and another is enough of a problem to change. Not that I want to see SMG starts return mind you.

It makes choosing to play Halo 3 a total crapshoot whether you are going to end up with decent settings or not, especially when you get fun stuff like AR starts on Last Resort....

MCC should be set up for how the games actually work not the fantasy of auto start "variety".
I'll say the same again: people have different opinions, and they're as valid as yours. Give us an option to choose and to enjoy this game with whoever we want. There are solid arguments for both sides, if you don't enjoy the automatic starts, that's ok, but you have to accept that there's people who hate BR starts aswell.

In my opinion, Last Resort is one of the maps that work perfectly for AR starts, as it features enough BR's, close encounters and obstacles, aswell as vehicles and turrets. And don't forget there are more weapons in the sandbox, which can be mastered just like the BR.
Everyone has an opinion, it doesn't mean they are all equally valid or based in reality. Case in point: claiming Last resort "works perfectly" for AR starts. That only applies if absolutely everyone in the game is at a low level at which point spawning with a BR wouldn't make much of a difference anyway as they wouldn't have the aiming skill to make the most out of it. Saying there are "enough" BRs around isn't a defense, if there are actually enough BR/Carbines around to outfit everyone, easily no matter where they spawn then I'm going to ask what the point is of this empty busywork between spawning and grabbing a weapon that is actually useful?

I accept there are people that hate BR and other utility starts, I just think that hatred is based in ignorance and isn't worth much serious consideration. Seeing how no other Halo game is stuck with auto only starts it seems that many would agree with me at least in terms starting weapons.

Giving people "options" to play inferior standard gametypes would only serve to further dilute an already small population. If people want to indulge the "variety" fantasy they can play action sack.
The extermination medal is glitched. It does not pop up after you wipe out an entire team with an overkill. Halo 3 and H2A so far has the issue.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Firstly, you didn't answer my question: if the game works with a BR, how do you explain that more than the 75% of the weapons are useless in that scenary? AR/SMG starts provide variety because they allow us to use the entire sandbox, so I think the fantasy is your "reality".

Secondly, if you don't give people an option to play automatic starts, that part of the community will eventually disappear anyways, so diluting it wouldn't make much of a difference as it only affects that portion of the population.

Finally, I'll state which is the point of not spawning with it but grabbing it. In my opinion, it takes more skill to earn it by fighting with a bad weapon, requiring you to be tactical and clever. In addition to that, you must keep it smartly or either you'll waste your ammo easily or someone will steal it. If you start with it, there's no necessity to worry about keeping it and you also remove the skill needed to earn weapons (as by that way they're not worth picking up outside the power ones) and the reason to use the rest of the sandbox. By saying there are enough BR's, I'm not saying they're enough for everyone, but to allow the use of it without turning the other weapons useless.

Sure, some opinions are probably based in ignorance, but this is definitely not one of them. While Action Sack can offer "variety", it's just a random weapon start which removes any kind of competitiveness, because you can even get a rocket launcher from spawn, and they're only fun focused, so I think the ignorance is yours. Also, why do you think it only works at a low level skill? Maybe you have a different definition for it; mine and many others is getting weapons, having enough knowledge of them all to kill and controlling the map smartly, instead of just shooting with a single gun and not minding any other ways to play. Not only that, your statement which claims that any Halo is stuck with auto starts is completely false; for instance, the original Halo 3 featured it, mainly in Social Slayer , aswell as Halo 2 Classic randomly.
The extermination medal is glitched. It does not pop up after you wipe out an entire team with an overkill. Halo 3 and H2A so far has the issue.
Are you sure you killed all of them and not one of them twice in that overkill? If so it doesnt count as an extermination.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21