Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 21
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:
Getting rid of staple playlists because their population is low is not a good reason.
Why keep those playlists around when nobody is playing them?
Low is different from nobody. There will always be some people playing them. And with ranked playlists there is more at stake, making the win worth more. It's fun ranking up in different playlists that require different skill sets. Now there isn't any option to play those at all...
baaask wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:
Getting rid of staple playlists because their population is low is not a good reason.
Low is different from nobody. There will always be some people playing them. And with ranked playlists there is more at stake, making the win worth more. It's fun ranking up in different playlists that require different skill sets. Now there isn't any option to play those at all...
Talking about ranks, it doesn’t match you up with people of the same ranks so what’s the point? In reality anyone can have a high rank depending on what time of day you play but the rank doesn’t necessarily reflect the true skill. I rarely play ranked games because the wait times are a lot longer so I mainly play customs and the match composer. The other day I decided to play a few ranked games with my rank being level 1 and I matched up against a level 48, some mid 40’s and a high 30. Why would the system match me up with almost the highest ranked player? It’s because there isn’t enough people playing in those playlists to have a well versed skill level to reflect accurate ranks. IMO ranks aren’t accurate of skill level, I played during the day time and at night time with the level of skill during the day so much lower as opposed to playing at night. I played against high 40’s during the day and if these level 40’s were playing at night they would be ranked level 20. I’m not saying the ranked system is broken it just doesn’t reflect the actual skill level as it was intended. Day time players don’t seem to be as skilled as the night time players but when you’re constantly lower skilled players during the day you’re obviously going to level up quite quickly.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
baaask wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:
i've brought this up to them multiple times, this is always the response they give. They don't seem to understand taking away a playlist is just hurting the population more, because even if people do come back they are never given the option to just play what they want, so their stay will be short-lived. You do not need to be a genius to understand this, but at this point is seems more like a power/control type thing. It's like that south park episode when they go complain to the cable company, and the only response they get is the support guy rubbing his nipples lol. Oh man i said nipples, i hope i this post doesn't get flagged and my account banned!
Playlists by definition fragment the matchmaking population. Low population playlists fragment the population into shards so small that matchmaking times in those playlists become excessively long. Long matchmaking times is what leads to players leaving the game all together.

When the custom game browser comes out, you’ll be able to create or search for game modes that float your boat. In the meantime, you can use the LFG feature on Xbox Live to create a custom game and fill it out yourself.
baaask wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:
i've brought this up to them multiple times, this is always the response they give. They don't seem to understand taking away a playlist is just hurting the population more, because even if people do come back they are never given the option to just play what they want, so their stay will be short-lived. You do not need to be a genius to understand this, but at this point is seems more like a power/control type thing. It's like that south park episode when they go complain to the cable company, and the only response they get is the support guy rubbing his nipples lol. Oh man i said nipples, i hope i this post doesn't get flagged and my account banned!
Playlists by definition fragment the matchmaking population. Low population playlists fragment the population into shards so small that matchmaking times in those playlists become excessively long. Long matchmaking times is what leads to players leaving the game all together.

When the custom game browser comes out, you’ll be able to create or search for game modes that float your boat. In the meantime, you can use the LFG feature on Xbox Live to create a custom game and fill it out yourself.
what an incredibly simplistic assumption. All your saying is, there are x amount of players, adding y number of playlists means each playlist will have x/y for # of players. That is not how this works, if it were then whats the point of adding the custom games browser since it will split the players base into an infinite amount of choices. As an example there are people who only want to play h2 swat, if they cant play it then they arent playing the game. it is that easy. If they can play ranked h2 swat like they want, then you increase the chance of that player inviting his friends to play, you increase the chance he branches off into a different playlist in the future when he is bored. that person may even be swayed to buy a certain game that's coming out in the future. If you dont give someone that option though, there is only one possibility, they arent going to be adding to the population at all.
baaask wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:

But what this also does is discourage people from playing the game in general, which leads to less people playing. I got on yesterday with the hopes of jumping into a ranked snipers playlist, not knowing it didn't exist anymore. Even though I'm not a god at this game, I love the journey of ranking up in different playlists. I did it on multiple accounts in the past, and felt like I finally had some time in my life and wanted to do it again. It's fun to me. Get as far as I can in one playlist, then start again in another.

I saw they took normal staple playlists away again, and just didn't feel like playing anymore. Why not just give us the option to play them? If I can't find a match and search for eternity alright, so be it. I'll try something else. But you shouldn't just straight take the choice away. That's not productive to help the growth of the game. I'm guessing Infinite will be a whole lot like H5, and if it is I want this game to be great and have the options the old ones had because this is the game I'm going to play if I want to play Halo.
baaask wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
baaask wrote:

what an incredibly simplistic assumption. All your saying is, there are x amount of players, adding y number of playlists means each playlist will have x/y for # of players. That is not how this works, if it were then whats the point of adding the custom games browser since it will split the players base into an infinite amount of choices. As an example there are people who only want to play h2 swat, if they cant play it then they arent playing the game. it is that easy. If they can play ranked h2 swat like they want, then you increase the chance of that player inviting his friends to play, you increase the chance he branches off into a different playlist in the future when he is bored. that person may even be swayed to buy a certain game that's coming out in the future. If you dont give someone that option though, there is only one possibility, they arent going to be adding to the population at all.
So do you disagree with the math or not?

The point of adding a custom browser is specifically to appease the player in your example. He wants to play H2 SWAT, then go find or create the custom game that fits the bill. If it’s popular he’ll have no problem finding a game, and if it’s not popular then it proves the point about why it’s not a playlist.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Later on, I was queuing up another round of BTB. Usually it takes some time to find a match, so I was passing the time by reading a book. I got paired with 15 other players and the match was about to start, only for the game to kick me out of matchmaking for "idling." First, why the hell is there an AFK-boot feature active during the matchmaking process? Second, why isn't this feature active during gameplay itself? I see people go AFK in nearly every match; this is totally bassackwards.
Good point. I think the reason is because they redesigned the UI and could add the feature to it but they should not have added it while searching.I was wondering why I sometimes get banned during searching. For them to add the AFK kick, they would need to modify the original game so it's a harder task but should be done nonetheless.

To the person that says that most people use longer-range weapons starts in Halo 4: Yes, if other people are spawning with them, I need to spawn with them too to compete. If everyone could only spawn with an AR/smg and pistol/magnum (which needs to be buffed back to the original damage in Halo 2), then it creates more of a need to move/control a map to pick up weapons instead of just camping since you spawn with such a good weapon, that you don't need to walk around and pick up others.
Being idle kicked while searching for a game needs to be addressed. I don't know why this hasn't been changed yet.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Spawns/Respawns are buggy. This is the first time I post about this issue but I've seen others complain about it too. A lot of the time when you spawn or respawn for the first time in a game you appear next to someone from the other team and instantly get killed. Sometimes when the match starts you even have a few seconds to shoot someone before they make a move (this I'm sure has to do with net speeds/ ping, anyways not the main porpuse of my post but its worth mentioning). I'll leave a clip below prooving it and I have many more if you guys need just let me know :)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/i-mike-liamas-i/video/68189666
Until the next update I'll just come up here reporting all the hit registration failures I notice in H3. This game is totally unplayable for non-US users. Even the old Bungie's P2P system is now officially better than the servers. What a shame for 343. You had one job: to just port these beautiful games to a single disc without messing up the precedent's developers work.

10 minutes ago in MLG:

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/04396caf-0465-4627-8c74-8de078f08cea

Enemy shields do not go down even after multiple projectiles hit him:

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/f627962a-b1e0-463d-a092-40065dc8c7ea

And that was my first game of the day. This happens in every match.
Hey 343, why did you have to go and butcher the infection playlist? Hit registration is worse than pre update and lag is too. And what’s the deal with halo 4 maps being so heavily favored? And even when i do get halo 3 maps it’s not normal brains. Im sick of being patient, it’s been almost 6 months and it’s still garbage.
Hey 343, why did you have to go and butcher the infection playlist? Hit registration is worse than pre update and lag is too. And what’s the deal with halo 4 maps being so heavily favored? And even when i do get halo 3 maps it’s not normal brains. Im sick of being patient, it’s been almost 6 months and it’s still garbage.
But you can just disable Halo 4; it's one of the most important Composer features: the freedom.
I’d be curious if 343 could figure out a way to display to the user how terrible their connection is.

This thread is always chock full of people talking about hit detection, lag, and bad servers when I’m sure 99 times out of 100 it’s because the player has a terrible connection to the server.
I’d be curious if 343 could figure out a way to display to the user how terrible their connection is.

This thread is always chock full of people talking about hit detection, lag, and bad servers when I’m sure 99 times out of 100 it’s because the player has a terrible connection to the server.
It would be quite concerning if connection to the server was that widespread. But such a feature would be very useful.

I only have hit detection issues with halo 3. Every other game plays perfectly fine. Definitely not my connection. I recently went back to play h3 on the 360 and not one issue in regards to that. 343 really needs to look into this seriously.

I only have hit detection issues with halo 3. Every other game plays perfectly fine. Definitely not my connection. I recently went back to play h3 on the 360 and not one issue in regards to that. 343 really needs to look into this seriously.
H3 on the 360 is peer to peer. Hit detection can be fine on P2P if you’re the host or if all the players are close to each other. In a dedicated server setup like MCC has the servers’ physical location is static and your connection to them is all that matters.

Every game you play could be running on a different server based on what game you’re searching for. You might have to get bounced to an overseas server to connect you to a game as quickly as possible, so it could still be your connection. That’s why displaying the connection somehow in the UI would be helpful.

That was a pointless and over-simplistic comment. I bet, by your words, that you're from US.
However, I have no troubles whatsoever regarding my connection. I literally have the fastest internet plan of the entire Italy - Fastweb 1Gbps. I'm pinging 4ms from the provider, 20ms from XBL servers, 20ms from EU MCC servers. Then, of course I don't have those numbers from an US or an Australian server, I generally ping from 60 to 100 ms to USA. And that's perfectly normal! It's almost the other end of the world!
Even in America itself many people have less powerful connections than mine, but the problem of hit registration is reported from all over the world. Just read the Discord channel, Reddit, and these very forums.
And if it truly is a problem regarding servers and ping, change the networking system or the netcode. It's not normal that the old P2P system provides more playable matchs than the servers'. If a player is from EU, it's probably better to match him in a EU lobby, or at least to give him the possibility to choose on which servers he wants to be matched. But I don't care about USA, EU, Africans or Atlantis servers, whatever the problem is I just want to play smoothly as a 1Gbps connection should allow me to. I've been playing 7 years straight Halo 3 on the 360, and met all types of hosts: Mexicans, Australians, Americans, Japanese (...) and I've never ever had the frustration I'm having these weeks on the MCC.
Fortunately, it's a problem that many people have reported, and no matter what the other users who somehow play smoothly have to say, the game is currently unplayable for a vast portion of the users.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
I noticed this too. A couple of times in H3 as well, but it seems situational, at least in my case.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 21