Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 21
Regarding H3 Arena

1. Numerous times the same map comes up multiple times in a row.

2. Lower weighting of objective games. No one truly enjoys this. At least add a veto so the majority players can avoid objective.

3. Power drain glitch. Lasts the whole game and not sure what causes it. Player that has a drain can throw it and can no longer pick up any other equipment until he dies. When he does die the body drops another power drain. It then allows a player to pick that up and throw it but also will drop another drain when je dies. Its a cycle of power drains everywhere.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Regarding H3 Arena

1. Numerous times the same map comes up multiple times in a row.

2. Lower weighting of objective games. No one truly enjoys this. At least add a veto so the majority players can avoid objective.

3. Power drain glitch. Lasts the whole game and not sure what causes it. Player that has a drain can throw it and can no longer pick up any other equipment until he dies. When he does die the body drops another power drain. It then allows a player to pick that up and throw it but also will drop another drain when je dies. Its a cycle of power drains everywhere.
They have no plans to change the stupidly high weighting of objectives in H3 playlists. Even though it's brought up by many different people, it has yet to hit the arbitrary number of complaints required by the team. The fact that many players quit when an objectives game gets picked isnt enough, i also routinely get snipers Koth in back to back to back games. We arent children, we have jobs and lives to live, god forbid you only have time to play a few games and actually want to have fun. Too bad enjoy 4 games in a row of king of the hill. I'm not surprised though, and i wonder do the developers even play this game in their free time? i see them tweeting clips of them playing other games all the time, maybe PUBG or something, i dont know since i havent played those games. Considering they hired people who didnt even like halo to make H4, i wouldnt doubt if they dont. Things dont get changed until we are basically on our knees begging. They act like they are the government and we should be thanking them for the air we breath.
There definitely seems to be a lagout bug/issue in the game that causes you to disconnect/reconnect over and over again, then eventually lags you out of the game and actually lag spikes your entire internet.

The game it happens to me the most in is halo 1 but it seems to have happened to me in ALL Halo games and sometimes after it happens once it leaves a lingering effect on you that causes you to lag out of the next games as well resulting in long bans. I was recently banned for 16 hours the other day.

Here is a clip of it happening to me last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticFrigidGoldfishBrokeBack (I could easily go back and clip more similar instances like this throughout my last week or so of streams)

Then after my ban was up in this clip I was able to play just fine the rest of the night without issue. Keep in mind that before this clip it was happening to me randomly for the past 1-2 weeks. We have went through many tests trying to figure out if it was my ISP, Router, Xbox, Cables, etc. and everything we tried didn't really fix the problem. It is very tough to nail down what it could possibly be cause it happens pretty randomly but after going through all the tests I think it might actually be the game based off of me being able to play ALL day yesterday without any issue until that random game. I messaged other people in the prisoner game and one said he lagged out as well and have been having issues with lagging out a lot. Some people I have talked to during this process also mention that they have a similar issue as well and couldn't figure out the problem. The weird part is, for some reason after it happens, your entire internet has a small lag spike, as seen in this clip shortly after the prisoner game where my music stops playing on its own and my donation goal disappears then reappears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearSweetPhoneTwitchRaid (I could easily clip out very similar situations with the music stopping in my past streams during a lag out, then after the lag spike happens everything returns back to normal)

For some reason after a lag out happens my music stops playing, donation goal disappears then reappears, alerts turn off for a very short time, and even other devices in my house lag for the small time. I know it can't be my internet randomly acting up because the lag spike ONLY has happened during a lag out on Halo plus I have talked to my ISP and have done a lot of testing overall as well, like factory resetting my xbox/router, reinstalling the game on a new HD, etc. but the problem still occurs. I have no idea how to replicate this to happen but it has randomly been happening to me this past week or so where my entire game seems like it is lagging, frames dropping, skipping everywhere, then I just lag out. Sometimes it has a lingering effect, other times it happens once then luckily stops, but I still have no idea what could be causing something like this to happen. Like I said other people have came to me about a similar issue so maybe I am not the only one it is happening to.
Naded wrote:
There definitely seems to be a lagout issue in the game that causes you to disconnect/reconnect over and over again, then eventually lags you out of the game and actually lag spikes your entire internet.

The game it happens to me the most in is halo 1 but it seems to have happened in ALL Halo games and sometimes after it happens once it leaves a lingering effect on you that causes you to lag out of the next games as well resulting in long bans. I was recently banned for 16 hours the other day.

Here is a clip of it happening to me last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticFrigidGoldfishBrokeBack (I could easily go back and clip more similar instances like this throughout my last week or so of streams)

Then after my ban was up in this clip I was able to play just fine the rest of the night without issue. Keep in mind that before this clip it was happening to me randomly for the past 1-2 weeks. We have went through many tests trying to figure out if it was my ISP, Router, Xbox, Cables, etc. and everything we tried didn't really fix the problem. It is very tough to nail down what it could possibly be cause it happens pretty randomly but after going through all the tests I think it might actually be the game based off of me being able to play ALL day yesterday without any issue until that random game. I messaged other people in the prisoner game and one said he lagged out as well and have been having issues with lagging out a lot. Some people I have talked to during this process also mention that they have a similar issue as well and couldn't figure out the problem. The weird part is, for some reason after it happens, your entire internet has a small lag spike, as seen in this clip shortly after the prisoner game where my music stops playing on its own and my donation goal disappears then reappears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearSweetPhoneTwitchRaid (I could easily clip out very similar situations with the music stopping in my past streams during a lag out, then after the lag spike happens everything returns back to normal)

For some reason after the lag out happens my music stops playing, donation goal disappears then reappears, alerts turn off for a very short time, and even other devices in my house lag for the small time. I know it can't be my internet cause I have talked to my ISP and have done a lot of testing and it only happens during a lag out on Halo. I have no idea how to replicate this to happen but it has randomly has been happening to me this past week or so where my entire game seems like it is lagging, frames dropping, skipping everywhere, then I just lag out. Sometimes it has a lingering effect, other times it happens once then luckily stops, but I still have no idea what could be causing something like this to happen. Like I said other people have came to me about a similar issue so maybe I am not the only one it is happening to.
Hey Naded,
I have had this similar issue, rarely, and I chalk it up to a coincidence that I am playing MCC at the time. It could be something game-related vs. internet related though so I'm glad you brought it up!
A vast majority players on MCC don’t post or even know about these forums. 343 needs to accurately assess just how unpopular/frustrating the Arena playlists are because of objective and no way to avoid it. Perhaps an online survey at the MCC title screen or Postums play arena and get live feeback from those players. That does not mean search grifball and ask those players what they think about Arena....I’m already one step ahead of 343 logic.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
A vast majority players on MCC don’t post or even know about these forums. 343 needs to accurately assess just how unpopular/frustrating the Arena playlists are because of objective and no way to avoid it. Perhaps an online survey at the MCC title screen or Postums play arena and get live feeback from those players. That does not mean search grifball and ask those players what they think about Arena....I’m already one step ahead of 343 logic.
We see historical player play pattern data whenever people are matchmaking. The data we received based on what players will play and what they will quit from is a great guiding force for updates. As well, we take feedback from lots of sources beyond just Waypoint.
Postums wrote:
STOMPDOWN wrote:
We see historical player play pattern data whenever people are matchmaking. The data we received based on what players will play and what they will quit from is a great guiding force for updates. As well, we take feedback from lots of sources beyond just Waypoint.
Do you have the data pre-update showing players voted against objective more? Also, any quit data post update is innacurrate and cannot be used honestly due to the quit ban being reason enough to stay in game.
Last one, do you have historical data from 360 halo showing slayer br’s as most highly populated throughout the entire life cycle? And objective was always at an all time low.

You guys greatly improved the social environment and at the same time crushed the ranked by removing the vote and forcing players to once again play undesirable gametypes. Please address this
Halo 4 BTB map variants.

Please swap out the launch map variants for the updated versions currently in rotation on Halo 4 360 BTB.
  • MCC HALO GAME: H3 and H4, maybe all of them but I can't speak for H1, H2/A because I don't play them that often.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: AFC/AFK people are away from there controllers don't move at all and they will not get kicked. I know they should be kicked after 3 minutes or something like that but they don't. Does anyone have this as well or am I unlucky? Sometimes there are people connected on the same XBOX (Splitsreen) one of them is playing and the other one is AFC this could be on purpise to get more kills.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play MCC, there will be some.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This is not every game but I would call a 10% to 15% ratio. I don't have any footage but I could if this helps...
Naded wrote:
Yeah man, happened during at least three matches I played tonight. I was lagged out of one, the other two times I was forced to play in a 2v4 because two of my teammates lagged out before the match even loaded.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
FYI the Halo 2 beatdown system is momentum based. Standing beatdowns do minimal damage, running beatdowns do more damage, and fall/jumping melees do the most amount of damage. And this does not include other factors such as crouch melees or beating down opponents while holding an objective item.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
I noticed this too. A couple of times in H3 as well, but it seems situational, at least in my case.
See above. You can see visual explanations of this here.
Game: H3

During the loading screen of a btb match, the game made me quit, and the classic mcc loading screen showed up for some seconds. After that, a black screen with no music appeared for several minutes. I had to restart the game
I can't play with such hit registration. I can't. I don't believe I own the fastest Internet of Italy and still witness things like this:

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/d36d8a85-13c8-468b-9cb5-0d1202391034

I don't know where is the problem, maybe in the server the game chooses, maybe in the netcode, maybe in the bullet magnetism, I don't care, but this problem of the hit registration needs to be fixed.
I would prefer 1000 times the client-server type like original Halo 3 had, even if that means getting hit behind the walls against Mexican/Australian host (BTW that happens frequently in MCC too), I just can't stand that my shots do any damage at all.
I really can't, I'll go play Fifa or else until the next update, and if this issue is not addressed, I will not buy any 343i-trademarked product ever.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
When are we getting stats corrected, on my stats on mcc says have 120 domination medals but on the achievement says its 20%. it's all good having these new screen menu updates but it's not going to solve this issue and also halo wars 2 achievement 2 heads are better than one, 2 people play against 2 ai players. Done that 3 times and hasn't unlocked but has for other person when I do it with them, that needs fixing these are only the issues I have with these games finding matches and playing them no problem never has been just these achievements getting reset or not unlocking at all. And yes done all the disconnected from Internet and hard reset uninstall and reinstalled doesn't do nothing
Hello everyone, I have noticed an issue with career stats not showing up. All my stats and highest rank achieved are registering correctly for me but when anyone else views my profile my stats show up completely blank, like I've never played a game. Saying that my highest rank achieved is 1. Also showing that I have standard service tag and emblem etc. Even on halo waypoint when viewing ranked playlists its says rank 1 for every playlist. I've noticed this on numerous other people's profiles as well. I really hope this issue can be resolved asap. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
FYI the Halo 2 beatdown system is momentum based. Standing beatdowns do minimal damage, running beatdowns do more damage, and fall/jumping melees do the most amount of damage. And this does not include other factors such as crouch melees or beating down opponents while holding an objective item.
I noticed this too. A couple of times in H3 as well, but it seems situational, at least in my case.
See above. You can see visual explanations of this here.
Thank you for this, explains alot!
Please weight the BR more than the AR for social slayer. playing with the AR on maps like ghost town is garbage.
It doesn't seem to be 50/50 weighting. A lot of these maps would be much better off with BR starts anyway. I'd RATHER play ranked but there aren't many people playing on ranked.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Postums wrote:
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Do you have the data pre-update showing players voted against objective more? Also, any quit data post update is innacurrate and cannot be used honestly due to the quit ban being reason enough to stay in game.
Last one, do you have historical data from 360 halo showing slayer br’s as most highly populated throughout the entire life cycle? And objective was always at an all time low.

You guys greatly improved the social environment and at the same time crushed the ranked by removing the vote and forcing players to once again play undesirable gametypes. Please address this
There are people who like objectives so deal with it. Due to the lack of population there can not be a ranked playlist for every preference. So there is the ARENA, where you might have to deal with sth you don' like that much. I, for example, hate Isolation SO MUCH, but I agree that it has to be there and I am not demanding 343 to put it out of the playlist.

btw: Due to the ban system, which I personnaly find really crazy, where you get banned after your 1st quit, almost nobody quits in Halo 3 Arena. I didn't count it, but I guess every 10th game there will be a quit. I played hundreds of games in the last months so I know what I am talking about. Objective games are finished 4v4 in 90 % I'd say. Same in slayer games.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Postums wrote:
STOMPDOWN wrote:

There are people who like objectives so deal with it. Due to the lack of population there can not be a ranked playlist for every preference. So there is the ARENA, where you might have to deal with sth you don' like that much. I, for example, hate Isolation SO MUCH, but I agree that it has to be there and I am not demanding 343 to put it out of the playlist.

btw: Due to the ban system, which I personnaly find really crazy, where you get banned after your 1st quit, almost nobody quits in Halo 3 Arena. I didn't count it, but I guess every 10th game there will be a quit. I played hundreds of games in the last months so I know what I am talking about. Objective games are finished 4v4 in 95 % I'd say.
There are people that like objective. My point is lets see how many people really do if there was a vote in place. And the logic of population control is a lousy reason to consolidate gametypes. Then why dont they add griffball and swat in Arena as well? Exactly, Ill tell you why. Because this game shouldnt be catered to the lowest common denominator. By that I mean players don’t understand a ranked quality experience. And I’m not just accusing players of this. People in charge are very unaware what makes a quality experience as well. There was never an issue tied to a vote system. One was created by 343 by removing it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 21