Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21
Hey 343, why did you have to go and butcher the infection playlist? Hit registration is worse than pre update and lag is too. And what’s the deal with halo 4 maps being so heavily favored? And even when i do get halo 3 maps it’s not normal brains. Im sick of being patient, it’s been almost 6 months and it’s still garbage.
But you can just disable Halo 4; it's one of the most important Composer features: the freedom.
That doesn’t solve my problem in the slightest. I still want to play halo 4, just not 90% of the time. And even if i just chose halo 3 i would get save one bullet and crap like that instead of normal brains. Among numerous other issues...
When are you going to do something for the European players I have 80 mega and it's totally unplayable the American players are far too favored we are four French against four American of course an American server and select 4 times in a row with the same players even times we are also 6 Europeans always the selected American server give us the opportunity to choose because many of my friends we uninstall the game because of that and I did the same with the plasma grenades that runs through the body shots lacrosse and that does not work and duels at 8 burst there is nothing fun do you wake up 343 to think not that your territory
Well, I’m just wondering if you can add Halo 3 odst firefight and forge with spawnable AI possibly? If you can add at least one or two of those that would be great and cool!
Hey 343, why did you have to go and butcher the infection playlist? Hit registration is worse than pre update and lag is too. And what’s the deal with halo 4 maps being so heavily favored? And even when i do get halo 3 maps it’s not normal brains. Im sick of being patient, it’s been almost 6 months and it’s still garbage.
But you can just disable Halo 4; it's one of the most important Composer features: the freedom.
That doesn’t solve my problem in the slightest. I still want to play halo 4, just not 90% of the time. And even if i just chose halo 3 i would get save one bullet and crap like that instead of normal brains. Among numerous other issues...
Well, you can always turn it off in the freaking game options of what you want to play.
Social Games – 4v4 – H3 – Team Snipers
  • Radar has been disabled
Why??? H3 Snipers always had radar, people just want to play the original H3 Snipers playlist. I don't understand why it's so hard to do this correctly. There is still radar in Hill Snipes.. What's going on? Why is Hill Snipes still a thing also? Can we get more of the original maps added? Just bring it back to what it's supposed to be and no one will complain.
How is there STILL NO RANKED H2C DOUBLES PLAYLIST????

honestly how hard would that be ??

Truly shocking 343...
Dreamy wrote:
Social Games – 4v4 – H3 – Team Snipers
  • Radar has been disabled
Why??? H3 Snipers always had radar, people just want to play the original H3 Snipers playlist. I don't understand why it's so hard to do this correctly. There is still radar in Hill Snipes.. What's going on? Why is Hill Snipes still a thing also? Can we get more of the original maps added? Just bring it back to what it's supposed to be and no one will complain.
I know. They just had to keep everything as it was and put it on xbox one. I don't understand the adding and taking away of playlists that were always there on 360, and changing the settings in a playlist makes no sense either.
Please make team sniper ranked
Well, I’m just wondering if you can add Halo 3 odst firefight and forge with spawnable AI possibly? If you can add at least one or two of those that would be great and cool!
These are more suited for one of the wishlist threads that are available, this thread is more for feedback on multiplayer issues / feedback / playlists / etc
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Here’s an easy one: The H2A 4v4 Playlist suddenly puts you on the map Shrine for what seems like 3 out of every 4 games.

I would chalk this up to being a relatively small sample size (probably 30 games or so) and bad luck, but i didn’t previously have this issue until a week or two ago following an update.

Simple request/recommendation would be to evenly weigh all five maps in that playlist (if they aren’t already?). Thanks for reading.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
FYI the Halo 2 beatdown system is momentum based. Standing beatdowns do minimal damage, running beatdowns do more damage, and fall/jumping melees do the most amount of damage. And this does not include other factors such as crouch melees or beating down opponents while holding an objective item.
H2 classic needs an update. Without shooting, it currently takes 3 melee’s to drop a player which is incorrect. Not sure if it’s all the time or situational. Either way it should only take 2 melee’s without shooting.
I noticed this too. A couple of times in H3 as well, but it seems situational, at least in my case.
See above. You can see visual explanations of this here.
The reason footage like that exists is because that’s how the game originally released. But for anyone who played online Bungie eventually patched all that. Momentum or type of weapon didn’t matter it was still a 2 hit melee regardless.
Weighting of H3 BR/AR starts in social 4v4 is definitely NOT 50/50. I’m constantly getting thrusted into matches where it is AR starts at least 75% of the time and on a map like Snowbound or Heretic it is ludicrous. I would be all for even cutting it back all the way to ONLY BR starts. From what I’m aware H2C social 4v4 is strictly BR starts, so making H3 the same wouldn’t be that unreasonable. There are simply too many maps that don’t play well under AR starts to make the weighting as high as it is. I’ve seen many others on here complaining about it so I know I’m definitely not alone in this opinion...

Additionally, I’m having TONS of issues with blank melees in both H2C and H3. I’m losing many close quarters battles because meless aren’t registering and occasionally the animation won’t even happen. I thought perhaps it was my controller so I switched to two other controllers and have experienced the issues on both of them as well. This particular issue is exclusive to Halo 3, in Halo 2 the animation will always show up but melees don’t always register (which has been an ongoing issue for H2C since MCC’s release). But the H3 melees seem to have gotten worse, whereas before the last update I don’t remember having hardly any problems with them. Not sure what’s going on here but this should be addressed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Dagger 323 wrote:
Weighting of H3 BR/AR starts in social 4v4 is definitely NOT 50/50. I’m constantly getting thrusted into matches where it is AR starts at least 75% of the time and on a map like Snowbound or Heretic it is ludicrous. I would be all for even cutting it back all the way to ONLY BR starts. From what I’m aware H2C social 4v4 is strictly BR starts, so making H3 the same wouldn’t be that unreasonable. There are simply too many maps that don’t play well under AR starts to make the weighting as high as it is. I’ve seen many others on here complaining about it so I know I’m definitely not alone in this opinion...

Additionally, I’m having TONS of issues with blank melees in both H2C and H3. I’m losing many close quarters battles because meless aren’t registering and occasionally the animation won’t even happen. I thought perhaps it was my controller so I switched to two other controllers and have experienced the issues on both of them as well. This particular issue is exclusive to Halo 3, in Halo 2 the animation will always show up but melees don’t always register (which has been an ongoing issue for H2C since MCC’s release). But the H3 melees seem to have gotten worse, whereas before the last update I don’t remember having hardly any problems with them. Not sure what’s going on here but this should be addressed.
I'm probably in the minority that prefers the original starting weapons (SMG on H2, AR on H3, etc) on a lot of the smaller maps rather than BR starts on everything; but along similar lines as your comment, some of the games are completely changed and more or less spoiled by BR starts, particularly in H2C.

Example: The map "Midship" in original H2 was always such a glorious and refreshing change of pace because it was different. You had to get creative with duals/grenades/melees since everyone started with a plasma rifle, and a big part of the game was controlling the map and the power weapons with your team. Now it's just spawn and instantly shoot across the map with the BR, and the power weapons lose most of their value since a BR can easily take out a sword/shotgun unless it's close quarters. Simply put, it's a completely different game than that map was originally designed to be.

Suggestion for improvement would be to look at each map individually and determine what starting weapons make the most sense, instead of throwing a 'one size fits all' blanket over all maps. As stated in the quoted post above, BRs are 100% necessary on some maps, particularly the mid to large sized maps...but some of the smaller maps lose much of their fun with BR starts.
FYI the Halo 2 beatdown system is momentum based. Standing beatdowns do minimal damage, running beatdowns do more damage, and fall/jumping melees do the most amount of damage. And this does not include other factors such as crouch melees or beating down opponents while holding an objective item.
I noticed this too. A couple of times in H3 as well, but it seems situational, at least in my case.
See above. You can see visual explanations of this here.
The reason footage like that exists is because that’s how the game originally released. But for anyone who played online Bungie eventually patched all that. Momentum or type of weapon didn’t matter it was still a 2 hit melee regardless.
That's not accurate, in Halo 2 Classic it's always based in speed and height; if you're running or punching right after a jump, you'll make more damage. However, if you keep static, you'll be forced to hit three times to kill someone. In addition to that, type of weapon mattered as you could kill faster with a rocket launcher or a brute cannon.

In my opinion, this kind of melee system is deeper and more skill based (also due to the smaller amount of aided aiming, unlike the new games). It's not a bug so it couldn't be fixed, it's just another way to play the game.
BUG REPORT
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary (MP)
Issue: Banshee controls don't match Halo 2 Classic or even Halo 4 (on which H2A's MP is apparently based.)

I'm using the Universal Reclaimer control scheme for all games, and my descriptions below represent that, but I also observed this inconsistency in Universal Recon, and it may exist with other schemes:

- In Halo 2 Classic MP (and the campaign), holding A causes the Banshee to descend, while pressing A + Left Stick causes a loop/roll
- In Halo 2 Anniversary MP, holding A causes the Banshee to descend, while pressing LB + Left Stick causes a loop/roll.
- In Halo 4, holding LB causes the Banshee to descend, while pressing A + Left Stick causes a loop/roll.
(Halo 3's Banshee controls work just like Halo 2 Classic's.)

So Halo 2 Anniversary's Banshee controls are split up compared to Halo 2 Classic's, in that descent and loop/roll now use different buttons, but they're also inverted from Halo 4's setup that also uses these split controls. This makes for some confusing gaming and some errors at key moments. I would suggest tweaking Halo 2 Anniversary to align with either Halo 2 Classic or Halo 4.
Dagger 323 wrote:

I'm probably in the minority that prefers the original starting weapons (SMG on H2, AR on H3, etc) on a lot of the smaller maps rather than BR starts on evgameng; but along similar lines as your comment, some of the games are completely changed and more or less spoiled by BR starts, particularly in H2C.

Example: The map "Midship" in original H2 was always such a glorious and refreshing change of pace because it was different. You had to get creative with duals/grenades/melees since everyone started with a plasma rifle, and a big part of the game was controlling the map and the power weapons with your team. Now it's just spawn and instantly shoot across the map with the BR, and the power weapons lose most of their value since a BR can easily take out a sword/shotgun unless it's close quarters. Simply put, it's a completely different game than that map was originally designed to be.

Suggestion for improvement would be to look at each map individually and determine what starting weapons make the most sense, instead of throwing a 'one size fits all' blanket over all maps. As stated in the quoted post above, BRs are 100% necessary on some maps, particularly the mid to large sized maps...but some of the smaller maps lose much of their fun with BR starts.
I completely agree with you; smaller maps lose their identity with BR starts.

It seems that there's still a community that enjoy the classic way of playing, so I will request this again: give us an option in the Composer to choose. Does it hurt anyone? Of course not. Would it dilute the population? That's true, but this part of the population is going to dissappear anyways, unless you allow them to play as they enjoy the game.
BUG REPORT
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary (MP)
Issue: When the Vehicle CTF option is enabled, the announcer always says "Gungoose CTF" during the countdown and then "Capture the enemy flag in a Gungoose" when the match starts, regardless of which vehicle was actually selected. This occurs even when the game type is Neutral CTF, where even the comment about the enemy flag is incorrect, although in that situation the announcer then ALSO says the normal "Fight the enemy team to retrieve and capture the flag" afterward.
game: h2a

issue: played warlord 6 or 7 times in a row on social 4v4 with h2a selected and gamemodes of slayer, CTF, hill, and assualt

couple days ago I kept getting warlord game after game for about an hour or more, playing at least 6 games. during that time, I stayed in the lobby instead of backing out, and was able to get a different map after I backed out to the mach composer and clicked play again to search games.

disclaimer: I don't dislike warlord, it is actually one of my favorite maps in h2a along with shrine and lockout. I just wanted to point out if there is an actual issue in the game or just a coincidence that I kept getting the same map.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. ...
  8. 21