Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. ...
  7. 21
game: h2a

issue: played warlord 6 or 7 times in a row on social 4v4 with h2a selected and gamemodes of slayer, CTF, hill, and assualt

couple days ago I kept getting warlord game after game for about an hour or more, playing at least 6 games. during that time, I stayed in the lobby instead of backing out, and was able to get a different map after I backed out to the mach composer and clicked play again to search games.

disclaimer: I don't dislike warlord, it is actually one of my favorite maps in h2a along with shrine and lockout. I just wanted to point out if there is an actual issue in the game or just a coincidence that I kept getting the same map.
Total coincidence.
Dagger 323 wrote:
Weighting of H3 BR/AR starts in social 4v4 is definitely NOT 50/50. I’m constantly getting thrusted into matches where it is AR starts at least 75% of the time and on a map like Snowbound or Heretic it is ludicrous. I would be all for even cutting it back all the way to ONLY BR starts. From what I’m aware H2C social 4v4 is strictly BR starts, so making H3 the same wouldn’t be that unreasonable. There are simply too many maps that don’t play well under AR starts to make the weighting as high as it is. I’ve seen many others on here complaining about it so I know I’m definitely not alone in this opinion...

Additionally, I’m having TONS of issues with blank melees in both H2C and H3. I’m losing many close quarters battles because meless aren’t registering and occasionally the animation won’t even happen. I thought perhaps it was my controller so I switched to two other controllers and have experienced the issues on both of them as well. This particular issue is exclusive to Halo 3, in Halo 2 the animation will always show up but melees don’t always register (which has been an ongoing issue for H2C since MCC’s release). But the H3 melees seem to have gotten worse, whereas before the last update I don’t remember having hardly any problems with them. Not sure what’s going on here but this should be addressed.
I'm probably in the minority that prefers the original starting weapons (SMG on H2, AR on H3, etc) on a lot of the smaller maps rather than BR starts on everything; but along similar lines as your comment, some of the games are completely changed and more or less spoiled by BR starts, particularly in H2C.

Example: The map "Midship" in original H2 was always such a glorious and refreshing change of pace because it was different. You had to get creative with duals/grenades/melees since everyone started with a plasma rifle, and a big part of the game was controlling the map and the power weapons with your team. Now it's just spawn and instantly shoot across the map with the BR, and the power weapons lose most of their value since a BR can easily take out a sword/shotgun unless it's close quarters. Simply put, it's a completely different game than that map was originally designed to be.

Suggestion for improvement would be to look at each map individually and determine what starting weapons make the most sense, instead of throwing a 'one size fits all' blanket over all maps. As stated in the quoted post above, BRs are 100% necessary on some maps, particularly the mid to large sized maps...but some of the smaller maps lose much of their fun with BR starts.
I’m still going to disagree. The majority of the player base prefers and always has preferred BR starts. It makes the game more fair and more competitive. Running around with SMG starts was always a huge issue. Bungie even admitted back in the original H2 that SMG starts we’re a big mistake. Frankly though I don’t have as big an issue with H2C potentially not being BR starts as I do H3. BR’s take longer to spawn in H3 and automatic weapons aren’t as effective as they are in H2 due to the longer kill times and slower overall pacing of the game. Almost every 4v4 H3 map needs to have BR starts.
Do you guys still have issues connecting to games in MCC specifically Halo 3 hardcore? My brother and I play from the same house, and every 3 or so games, one of us will fail to connect into a game, and the other will be left in a 3v4. I made a video outlining my issues here https://youtu.be/KSMDmB7aJrwWhen

I watch streams, it seems like no one else has problems like I do and it's an isolated issue. But I feel like we can't be the only ones this happens to
Do you guys still have issues connecting to games in MCC specifically Halo 3 hardcore? My brother and I play from the same house, and every 3 or so games, one of us will fail to connect into a game, and the other will be left in a 3v4. I made a video outlining my issues here https://youtu.be/KSMDmB7aJrwWhen

I watch streams, it seems like no one else has problems like I do and it's an isolated issue. But I feel like we can't be the only ones this happens to
If your both using wifi this can effect your connection in a bad way, go wired if you aren't already and if you can.
Dagger 323 wrote:
Weighting of H3 BR/AR starts in social 4v4 is definitely NOT 50/50. I’m constantly getting thrusted into matches where it is AR starts at least 75% of the time and on a map like Snowbound or Heretic it is ludicrous. I would be all for even cutting it back all the way to ONLY BR starts. From what I’m aware H2C social 4v4 is strictly BR starts, so making H3 the same wouldn’t be that unreasonable. There are simply too many maps that don’t play well under AR starts to make the weighting as high as it is. I’ve seen many others on here complaining about it so I know I’m definitely not alone in this opinion...

Additionally, I’m having TONS of issues with blank melees in both H2C and H3. I’m losing many close quarters battles because meless aren’t registering and occasionally the animation won’t even happen. I thought perhaps it was my controller so I switched to two other controllers and have experienced the issues on both of them as well. This particular issue is exclusive to Halo 3, in Halo 2 the animation will always show up but melees don’t always register (which has been an ongoing issue for H2C since MCC’s release). But the H3 melees seem to have gotten worse, whereas before the last update I don’t remember having hardly any problems with them. Not sure what’s going on here but this should be addressed.
The melee bug applies to the gravity hammer as well. I hit a guy twice with the grav hammer and it didn't work lol. It was so rude when he killed me!

AR starts is terrible for guardian too. There's one BR!
Hey 343, why did you have to go and butcher the infection playlist? Hit registration is worse than pre update and lag is too. And what’s the deal with halo 4 maps being so heavily favored? And even when i do get halo 3 maps it’s not normal brains. Im sick of being patient, it’s been almost 6 months and it’s still garbage.
But you can just disable Halo 4; it's one of the most important Composer features: the freedom.
That doesn’t solve my problem in the slightest. I still want to play halo 4, just not 90% of the time. And even if i just chose halo 3 i would get save one bullet and crap like that instead of normal brains. Among numerous other issues...
Well, you can always turn it off in the freaking game options of what you want to play.
You cant choose exactly what type of halo 3 infection playlist......... only all of halo 3 or none of it...... I thought that was clear, but apparently not.

issue: played warlord 6 or 7 times in a row on social 4v4 with h2a selected and gamemodes of slayer, CTF, hill, and assualt

couple days ago I kept getting warlord game after game for about an hour or more, playing at least 6 games. during that time, I stayed in the lobby instead of backing out, and was able to get a different map after I backed out to the mach composer and clicked play again to search games.

disclaimer: I don't dislike warlord, it is actually one of my favorite maps in h2a along with shrine and lockout. I just wanted to point out if there is an actual issue in the game or just a coincidence that I kept getting the same map.
Gamemode weighting is way off in multiple playlists. I don’t know how many gamemodes are in social 4v4, lets say 5, then the odds of that happening in one day is 0.0013%, let alone two days in a row. Those types of things are happening in infection as well. Numbers continuously show this shouldn’t be happening.

Gamemode weighting is way off in multiple playlists. I don’t know how many gamemodes are in social 4v4, lets say 5, then the odds of that happening in one day is 0.0013%, let alone two days in a row. Those types of things are happening in infection as well. Numbers continuously show this shouldn’t be happening.
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row in the future. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to more than one person in a single post.
-snip-
The reason footage like that exists is because that’s how the game originally released. But for anyone who played online Bungie eventually patched all that. Momentum or type of weapon didn’t matter it was still a 2 hit melee regardless.
This is incorrect. Yes there was a big title update to the game in 2005, however the game's beatdown mechanics and damage values are still momentum based. Unlike Halo 3, two standing melees do not kill an opponent in Halo 2. One of your beatdowns has to be running in order for that to work. UncutFighter has a great video on it that can be viewed here.

Dagger 323 wrote:
-snip-
I'm probably in the minority that prefers the original starting weapons (SMG on H2, AR on H3, etc) on a lot of the smaller maps rather than BR starts on everything; but along similar lines as your comment, some of the games are completely changed and more or less spoiled by BR starts, particularly in H2C.

Example: The map "Midship" in original H2 was always such a glorious and refreshing change of pace because it was different. You had to get creative with duals/grenades/melees since everyone started with a plasma rifle, and a big part of the game was controlling the map and the power weapons with your team. Now it's just spawn and instantly shoot across the map with the BR, and the power weapons lose most of their value since a BR can easily take out a sword/shotgun unless it's close quarters. Simply put, it's a completely different game than that map was originally designed to be.

Suggestion for improvement would be to look at each map individually and determine what starting weapons make the most sense, instead of throwing a 'one size fits all' blanket over all maps. As stated in the quoted post above, BRs are 100% necessary on some maps, particularly the mid to large sized maps...but some of the smaller maps lose much of their fun with BR starts.
This is what happens when you don't have BR starts on small maps in H2. If you want to start your games with completely useless weapons, then I'd suggest sticking to Action Sack or custom games. AR/SMG starts are objectively terrible for players of all skill levels in classic Halo.
I strongly disagree with the decision to include friendly fire in Super Duper Fiesta.

Given the game type’s abundance of power weapons, as well as chaotic nature, it’s too easy to unwittingly (or wittingly) betray teammates. To me, the resulting trolling, retaliatory wars, hard feelings and regret have no place in what is otherwise a good time.
I strongly disagree with the decision to include friendly fire in Super Duper Fiesta.

Given the game type’s abundance of power weapons, as well as chaotic nature, it’s too easy to unwittingly (or wittingly) betray teammates. To me, the resulting trolling, retaliatory wars, hard feelings and regret have no place in what is otherwise a good time.
I second this.

Please don't. Friendly fire has to stay out
AR starts are making the game almost unplayable. The weighting was said to have been changed to 50/50 AR to BR. Feels like 75% AR starts. Nothing like playing Guardian with AR starts when there is only 1 BR on the map. Doesn't H2 Classic have all BR starts on social? Maybe i'm just having bad luck with the weighting, but the watered down AR starts are getting very old, very fast. I wouldn't mind seeing every game become BR starts with AR as secondary weapon. Those that enjoy the AR would have the option to use it, and likewise to those who prefer BR.
AR starts are making the game almost unplayable. The weighting was said to have been changed to 50/50 AR to BR. Feels like 75% AR starts. Nothing like playing Guardian with AR starts when there is only 1 BR on the map. Doesn't H2 Classic have all BR starts on social? Maybe i'm just having bad luck with the weighting, but the watered down AR starts are getting very old, very fast. I wouldn't mind seeing every game become BR starts with AR as secondary weapon. Those that enjoy the AR would have the option to use it, and likewise to those who prefer BR.
That wouldn't work. The point of AR starts is diversity of weapons, not because I like the AR. Spawning with a BR makes half the weapons on the map mostly useless. Magnum starts are fine.

If your both using wifi this can effect your connection in a bad way, go wired if you aren't already and if you can.
Thanks for the feedback. But we're both hardwired in. This only happens to us when playing MCC. We can play hours and hours of Halo 5 together without any issues.
  • MCC HALO GAME: CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Won a BTB match by more than 20 kills - much more. No Steaktacular medal for the whole team.
  • REPRO STEPS: unsure
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: Feb 1st, 2019
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: In game menu says I have 78 legendary medals. 2 exterminations, 1 perfection, 70 steaks, 5 triple doubles. I achieved 2 actual steak medals today, visible in the PGCR of each match (should have been 3 with the above CE match). Achievement tracker says I have 80 legendary medals.
Please lower the probability of getting sandbox on halo 3 btb. It's been like 80% of what I've gotten. I enjoy the map and I have fun, but It is way overweighted.
I've been having a problem with Matchmaking. When I play with freinds, sometimes the game doesn't load and it kicks me out. It says "Your connection to the game was interupted." This is ruining playing with freinds, and if anybody has a solution, please message me here on waypoint.
PUNK4ZZ wrote:
That wouldn't work. The point of AR starts is diversity of weapons, not because I like the AR. Spawning with a BR makes half the weapons on the map mostly useless. Magnum starts are fine.
Most maps have at least a couple BRs anyway. Therefore when you limit it to AR starts there is only going to be a couple players that will be able to pick up and have a BR at any given time, giving them a huge range advantage over everyone else. Not to mention someone who happens to pick up a sniper can freely take their time and blain players, completely unopposed by everyone except anyone within 10 feet of them or anyone who happens to have a midranged weapon (BR or Carbine) that can suppress them. I can't tell you how many matches I've played in that have been AR starts and I've picked up a sniper and BR, especially when my teammates also control the other BR(s) for basically the entirety of the match, and I've been able to pick up a perfection relatively easily. In a BR starts match this wouldn't be the case. People argue the “weapon diversity” point but it never works. AR/SMG starts are simply a bad idea because of this. Automatic weapons still have their place at close range even with BR starts. But being shot at medium range by someone who has a BR when you don’t, or, worse yet, being sniped at when there are no more BRs spawned yet and you have nothing to shoot back with is extremely unbalanced and this is why competitive Halo has always used BR starts as well. Only the casual players would argue that AR starts are a good thing.
Then your team should not let them get control of all the good weapons on the map. Use grenades. Be strategic and not go out in the open. Grab a power up. Fight with your team. If you let them control the map, then your team got out played.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. ...
  7. 21