Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
Legitsky wrote:
The recent addition of new playlists such as Ranked Halo 3 Lone Wolves and Halo 3 MLG 2v2 were brilliant. And the playlists were both highly populated and well received by the community. But why stop there? I think there should be more limited time playlists released. One I had in mind was Ranked Halo 3 Big Team Battle. Big Team has always been extremely popular, and on MCC BTB was (and still is) one of the most populated playlists on the game. Both retail and post update versions of MCC had huge populations in BTB. Ranked Halo 3 BTB would make the most sense as a playlist, since it would have the highest population due to Halo 3 BTB having the biggest turnout for numbers. Also, players have searched in large parties in BTB for many years, regardless of whether the playlist was social or ranked. Even currently, it is not uncommon for several parties of 5+ players to be searching BTB at any time of the day. Ranked BTB would allow players to link up with their friends and make large lobbies to battle it out for ranks, and it would satisfy an itch that the BTB community has needed fixed for quite some time. It would be a phenomenal playlist for bringing together big groups of players, due to the universal accessibility and popularity of BTB, for a special event style playlist. And honestly, I couldn’t think of a more diverse and epic ranked playlist for a limited release. It would appeal to all types of Halo players, and could be a huge success. Something worth giving thought to.
I agree with this 100% I would love to see a Halo 3 Ranked Big Team Battle playlist!!! Even if the playlist isn't permanent I would still love to see it come & go as a rotational playlist to the game. I feel it would give the game more variety to ranked & to the game in general. Because right now as it stands ranked is pretty stale this would for sure give it new life! =) Also for gametypes & maps for the playlist I would have it like this...

Gametypes

- Big Team Slayer
- Multi Flag CTF
- 1 Flag CTF
- Neutral Bomb

Maps with Gametypes it should play!

- Avalanche - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Last Resort - 1 Flag - Slayer
- Longshore - 1 Flag - Slayer
- Rat's Nest - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Sandbox - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Sandtrap - CTF - Slayer
- Standoff - CTF - Slayer
- Valhalla - CTF - Slayer
Fix the aiming issues I hope it’s fixed by the time u guys run the event coming up. This Also has made it where ppl are not going to be able to practice much on the new setting. Give the pros so much advantage Over everyone that hasn’t practice on the new build. Ppl that are going will need the insider build To practice in customs not everyone has the build idk if u can still get into it. Make it open and advertisement on Xbox.com and on the dashboard for a week or a weekend like I’ve said in the past . Or tell ppl to get back on the build open and put dates when u need to play and a cool nameplate like u did for Xmas. Make the nameplate rare. nameplates that only a few get. Like being the og name plates that when u reach the symbol ranks 44-50 u unlock a name plate with ur symbol on it. makes the rank fell so much better like how it did in halo 2 even though most cheated for there 50. You only had those nameplates around for a short period of time in mcc and a few ppl still have it and u can’t they change the nameplate or they will lose it forever . Prob the most rare name plate. Ran into a 49 symbol nameplate 3 weeks ago have proff if someone wants to say i didn’t. played if there enough population. almost wish mcc was then insider build when released originally. where the game was just in the insider build and until there done then release a massive update to to mcc. cuz there is more problems to come Idk if this next update will fix the aiming for hce/h2/h3 only halos i play and bring exp back it will help and don’t do cross gaming tournament unless it’s for h2 classic or h1ce. Be cool to see ffa of both CE and h2 classic.
Please add Blood Gulch to the 4v4 CTF map options. We are now 4+ years into this game and it is still relatively impossible to play the most popular game type in CE history.
Gaara00444 wrote:
Is there any possibility of seeing a Ranked Team Slayer playlist for Halo 3? As stated in my previous post, I don't necessarily want to play Team Hardcore cause I'm terrible at Objective gametypes, and while I have been getting Team BRs significantly more often in Social Slayer since my rant, I would still prefer a Halo 3 slayer playlist with BR starts entirely.
I wish. They seem bent on not doing this for some weird reason. They'd rather have 'arena' which is a watered down mlg playlist. Makes zero sense. They tell you to go use the match composer but you just keep getting people that have no idea what they're doing. Sad times. Rip ranked slayer after 11 years for no reason.
Why is there no skill restrictions in lone wolves? I’m constantly matching people who are 30+, I’ve even matched 50s and I’m only rank 13. If we’re going to match these high levels we should get more xp if we beat them like in OG Halo 3, I came in first And won against a 26 and a 40 rank, I didn’t even rank up! I definitely should and get more xp for beating people 30 levels higher than me..
around 19 o clock currently in germany i tried to find a game of H2C ranked playlist... waited over 10 minutes without succes. ( pings in europe are great and one us server got a bit under 100 often around 80 to 90) oh and to add ... would be nice to have ffa and multi team options in matchcomposer... and third edit pllllllls by god add a mute function to halo 2 classic ingame
around 19 o clock currently in germany i tried to find a game of H2C ranked playlist... waited over 10 minutes without succes. ( pings in europe are great and one us server got a bit under 100 often around 80 to 90)
The population of H2C ranked has decreased so much that it has become really hard (maybe even impossible) to find matches,even from people in the US. This started happening after the match composer update, and it perfectly makes sense because in Social you can find a match there at any time. But still some (like you, and me) enjoy competitive gameplay so I would recommend you to play around 12 at night, that's when I'm able to find games. The majority of halo mcc population is in the US and they are online around 7 or 8 so that would be aproximately 12 or 1 in germany?.

Cheers
It's a big long shot, but I'd like to see the timer with objective games changed at the end of the round in Halo 2 where my issue applies. Currently, if you're near or holding the objective you'll get a five second clock that only goes down when you move away from the objective which applies even when the round is technically over, so you can potentially extend the match indefinitely until the five second clock drops to zero.

I'd like it changed to where you can't do that anymore at the end of the round and maybe replace it with a two minute overtime where the round will automatically end if no one scores at the end of the that two minutes or whatever time you see fit. This will prevent indefinite matches when someone exploits the objective like getting out of the map while holding it, stalemate games, or stat padders that decide to not score and instead just go for kills like what happened to me last night, and coincidentally, two of those people on that team posted in this thread. Whether they were a part of it isn't known, but it's a pretty trash thing to do in general. Anyway, I hope you'll at least consider changing it.
Steaalthy wrote:
Fix the aiming issues I hope it’s fixed by the time u guys run the event coming up. This Also has made it where ppl are not going to be able to practice much on the new setting.
What aiming issue? I haven't seen any during my playtime.
I think the game is playing very well, and it's amazing how far it's come. Great job to the team, and thank you for your continued support to this game we all know and love. I have a question, and I'm not sure if this is the best place to answer it. Apologies for that, but is the default deadzone the same as it was in the original games? Has that been done already? I understand there's a difference in the old and new controllers that somehow affects that input variable, but in so far as I select defaults for everything, should I expect the aiming to line up with the default settings for the originals? Thanks in advance
If possible, 343 should consider implementing a film saving system to the MCC. It’s a bit of a nitpick, since the current theater temporarily saves the 50 most recent films a player plays. But a fully dedicated file storing option would be an awesome addition to the game.
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
The recent addition of new playlists such as Ranked Halo 3 Lone Wolves and Halo 3 MLG 2v2 were brilliant. And the playlists were both highly populated and well received by the community. But why stop there? I think there should be more limited time playlists released. One I had in mind was Ranked Halo 3 Big Team Battle. Big Team has always been extremely popular, and on MCC BTB was (and still is) one of the most populated playlists on the game. Both retail and post update versions of MCC had huge populations in BTB. Ranked Halo 3 BTB would make the most sense as a playlist, since it would have the highest population due to Halo 3 BTB having the biggest turnout for numbers. Also, players have searched in large parties in BTB for many years, regardless of whether the playlist was social or ranked. Even currently, it is not uncommon for several parties of 5+ players to be searching BTB at any time of the day. Ranked BTB would allow players to link up with their friends and make large lobbies to battle it out for ranks, and it would satisfy an itch that the BTB community has needed fixed for quite some time. It would be a phenomenal playlist for bringing together big groups of players, due to the universal accessibility and popularity of BTB, for a special event style playlist. And honestly, I couldn’t think of a more diverse and epic ranked playlist for a limited release. It would appeal to all types of Halo players, and could be a huge success. Something worth giving thought to.
I agree with this 100% I would love to see a Halo 3 Ranked Big Team Battle playlist!!! Even if the playlist isn't permanent I would still love to see it come & go as a rotational playlist to the game. I feel it would give the game more variety to ranked & to the game in general. Because right now as it stands ranked is pretty stale this would for sure give it new life! =) Also for gametypes & maps for the playlist I would have it like this...

Gametypes

- Big Team Slayer
- Multi Flag CTF
- 1 Flag CTF
- Neutral Bomb

Maps with Gametypes it should play!

- Avalanche - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Last Resort - 1 Flag - Slayer
- Longshore - 1 Flag - Slayer
- Rat's Nest - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Sandbox - Neutral Bomb - Slayer
- Sandtrap - CTF - Slayer
- Standoff - CTF - Slayer
- Valhalla - CTF - Slayer
I definitely agree with your ideas for a ranked BTB playlist! Some ranked playlists suffer from an over-abundance of gametypes, so keeping things nice and tight with only a few gametype options per map would be perfect. If there were a Ranked BTB playlist, I doubt many people would want to play AR start King of the Hill on Valhalla or Heavies Team Slayer on Sandtrap. Sticking to core gametypes like 2 Flag CTF on Standoff or Big Team Slayer on Longshore would be better for both competitive play and balancing the playlist. This could also be perfect for diversifying the pool of current ranked playlists without introducing a gimmicky and overstuffed new playlist. Ranked BTB could definitely be a hot and fresh new playlist to excite the MCC playerbase!
Gaara00444 wrote:
Steaalthy wrote:
Fix the aiming issues I hope it’s fixed by the time u guys run the event coming up. This Also has made it where ppl are not going to be able to practice much on the new setting.
What aiming issue? I haven't seen any during my playtime.
He's referring to the modern aiming which is coming in an update post tournament to not interfere with it. The update does not "fix" the aiming, it is an alternate option from the way the aiming currently works.
3. RANKED PLAYLISTS, Something has to be done with ranked playlists, this is the Master Chief Collection, not the Halo 3 collection, 4 out of 7 ranked playlists are Halo 3. Halo 4 doesn’t even have a ranked playlist at all, and I don’t even like Halo 4, but what gives?? It had ranking before the big update, but not now?
H2c/h2a/Hce only have 1 ranked playlist per game, yet halo 3 has 4. What is up with this Halo 3 obsession?? We need more support, not exclusion for other ranked halo playlists that are not Halo 3.

4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

THIS! This is literally the only issue left! Ranked halo 4 is needed. Ranked hce 4v4 is needed. Cross play FFA and doubles and maybe hardcore. Then it will be almost perfect!
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
3. RANKED PLAYLISTS, Something has to be done with ranked playlists, this is the Master Chief Collection, not the Halo 3 collection, 4 out of 7 ranked playlists are Halo 3. Halo 4 doesn’t even have a ranked playlist at all, and I don’t even like Halo 4, but what gives?? It had ranking before the big update, but not now?
H2c/h2a/Hce only have 1 ranked playlist per game, yet halo 3 has 4. What is up with this Halo 3 obsession?? We need more support, not exclusion for other ranked halo playlists that are not Halo 3.

4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

THIS! This is literally the only issue left! Ranked halo 4 is needed. Ranked hce 4v4 is needed. Cross play FFA and doubles and maybe hardcore. Then it will be almost perfect!
I agree with the fact that there is a waaay oversaturation of H3. Combining playlists would make room for Ranked H4 and HCE 4v4.

I think the playlists should be
  • HCE Doubles (2v2 game types on small to medium maps)
  • HCE Arena (4v4 game types on small to medium/smaller BTB maps)
  • H2C Arena (combination of OG Ranked Team Slayer, Team Skirmish/Objective, and Team Hardcore, nothing else)
  • H2A Arena (currently fine minus Remnant being included)
  • H3 Lone Wolves (OG Lone Wolves map/game type pairs)
  • H3 Arena (combination of OG Ranked Team Slayer, Team Skirmish/Objective, and Team Hardcore, nothing else)
  • H4 Arena (combination of OG Team Slayer and Team Objective playlists)
I also think that the OG Social Slayer, SWAT, Snipers, Objective/Skirmish, BTB, Infection, Grifball, and Action Sack maps and game modes should be ported into the Match Composer in their respective hoppers. It's currently missing quite a few iirc.

Also, can we please just combine Assault, KOTH, and CTF hoppers into one Objective hopper and include Oddball? Not including Oddball as its own hopper and giving a different hopper to every mode in one "style of play" seems pretty redundant. I came across H2C Team Ball BRs in Action Sack and was scratching my head.
I have not been here in a while, is it just me or is MCC dead? I could not find a single game
Hej31 wrote:
I have not been here in a while, is it just me or is MCC dead? I could not find a single game
social games work flawless for me. Ranked got some problems except halo 3 playlists
Quick question, are there magnum secondaries in LW slayer?
The ranking in lone wolves is not working today. Yesterday I placed 2nd 7 times in a row and did not level up, the next game I placed 4th and ranked up, nobody quit any of these games, I got off for the night. Today I get back on and my rank is down by 1 from where it was last night, how can my rank drop when I didn’t even play a game?? Since then I’ve placed 3rd 3 times in a row, followed by a 2nd place, 3rd place, 2nd place, 3rd place, 3rd place, 2nd place, 2nd place, 2nd place AGAIN followed by a FIRST, then 2nd place, 3rd place, 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd with 2 “loss” none top 3 finish so far and I still have not ranked back up to my rank that I shouldn’t have lost in the first place. That’s a total of 8 3rd place finishes, 7 2nd places, and 2 first place, with no rank up, (Thats 17/19 games with rank up xp, I stopped keeping track after I began a losing streak) HOW on earth is this possible, I mean come on WTF is going on here? Something is very clearly wrong with the ranking, especially since my rank was reset from where it was from the day before I would like this looked into
The major issue I have is in regards to the matchmaking ban. The ban is too harsh and does not recognize lag outs. I lagged out/got hit offline twice today, and now im sitting here waiting out a 15minute ban. Its absolutely ridiculous how the ban system works. Also, my ip is not protected and therefore leads to me getting hit.

Two days in a row ive been hit offline twice. Every time i came back, i had to wait out a ban that wasnt a result of me quitting, but a result of 343 being unable to mask ip addresses.

Please stop with the matchmaking bans since they dont account for lag outs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21