Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21
Dadddy wrote:
The major issue I have is in regards to the matchmaking ban. The ban is too harsh and does not recognize lag outs. I lagged out/got hit offline twice today, and now im sitting here waiting out a 15minute ban. Its absolutely ridiculous how the ban system works. Also, my ip is not protected and therefore leads to me getting hit.

Two days in a row ive been hit offline twice. Every time i came back, i had to wait out a ban that wasnt a result of me quitting, but a result of 343 being unable to mask ip addresses.

Please stop with the matchmaking bans since they dont account for lag outs.
We have a dedicated topic for matchmaking bans, feel free to leave any feedback there. Regarding IP masking, that is one of the things 343 is looking into adding this year. Bans will always have to be applied for lagging out though, it's open to too much abuse if left unchecked. Players could simply disconnect from wifi or pull their cable if they are losing to avoid the loss without penalty
stckrboy wrote:
Dadddy wrote:
The major issue I have is in regards to the matchmaking ban. The ban is too harsh and does not recognize lag outs. I lagged out/got hit offline twice today, and now im sitting here waiting out a 15minute ban. Its absolutely ridiculous how the ban system works. Also, my ip is not protected and therefore leads to me getting hit.

Two days in a row ive been hit offline twice. Every time i came back, i had to wait out a ban that wasnt a result of me quitting, but a result of 343 being unable to mask ip addresses.

We have a dedicated topic for matchmaking bans, feel free to leave any feedback there. Regarding IP masking, that is one of the things 343 is looking into adding this year. Bans will always have to be applied for lagging out though, it's open to too much abuse if left unchecked. Players could simply disconnect from wifi or pull their cable if they are losing to avoid the loss without penalty
The games connection to the host causes me to lag out. Thats a matchmaking issue. The result of the lag is a ban. Also a matchmaking issue. Im not wondering why i got banned, I know why i got banned. Im getting crucified for sloppy design. Who said anything about avoiding a loss without penalty because of pulling out a cord or disconnecting wifi? The problem isnt the loss, its the unecessary ban. To be honest, losses shouldnt be considered until the game has ended. If you happen to lag out (lets be honest, with mcc this happens all the time) and your team wins, you get the win. If your team loses, you get the loss. Either way, theres no need to be punished so harshly.
So I haven't played MCC in a while, and I log on yesterday to find out all these new options that have replaced regular playlists. Now we can pick the exact games and modes we want? I should have come back to this game way earlier. I'm having a blast!

With that said, I have been experiencing a few hiccups. The other day I got two games (4v4) where literally my entire team was AFK. There was no point in staying the second time since the other team was going HAM so I left, only to find out that bans happen immediately after first quit. I'm not entirely sure what to do here. On one hand, it's not fair to me, or anyone else, who gets into that kind of situation. But on the other hand (and more importantly,) quitters can be a big problem, especially in BTB games. I reckon that something should be done to prevent AFK players from causing this sort of thing. I don't know if 343 could put in some kind of timer that kicks AFK players, and/or a JIP system. Then again, JIP itself has some issues.
Lobby State Bug:
I was in a H3 forge lobby and accepted an xbox invite into a social matchmaking lobby. After playing a few games with the host of said party (in social games first and then competitive games), I backed out of this multiplayer lobby (I can't remember the exact lobby state when I backed out, it might have been in a not-searching state) and was immediately sent back to the forge lobby as opposed to being put into my own solo party in a new matchmaking lobby.
So far the game is going great. A couple of problems are present though. For one the pistol and spawning for "Halo Combat Evolved" are the 2 most infuriating things about the game. Please nerf the pistol and fix the spawning. Another problem is the team balancing. I tend to have really bad luck with Halo games and people constantly disconnect before a match even starts and I have to play with uneven teams. Could you please make it so teams are auto-balanced before the match if someone gets disconnected. You guys are doin great 343! Hope Infinite is going well!

Also may I suggest a custom browser like in Halo 5? Honestly that was the best part about Halo 5. Only could you make it less laggy in MCC and less crashy, and more accurate with the player count in each server? Thanks!
Dadddy wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Dadddy wrote:

The games connection to the host causes me to lag out. Thats a matchmaking issue. The result of the lag is a ban. Also a matchmaking issue. Im not wondering why i got banned, I know why i got banned. Im getting crucified for sloppy design. Who said anything about avoiding a loss without penalty because of pulling out a cord or disconnecting wifi? The problem isnt the loss, its the unecessary ban. To be honest, losses shouldnt be considered until the game has ended. If you happen to lag out (lets be honest, with mcc this happens all the time) and your team wins, you get the win. If your team loses, you get the loss. Either way, theres no need to be punished so harshly.
There are no hosts anymore, all matches are on dedicated servers. People that can’t stay connected to the server should be banned since it ruins the game for everyone else.

The system works perfectly right now. No changes required.
rapidwarp wrote:
So far the game is going great. A couple of problems are present though. For one the pistol and spawning for "Halo Combat Evolved" are the 2 most infuriating things about the game. Please nerf the pistol and fix the spawning. Another problem is the team balancing. I tend to have really bad luck with Halo games and people constantly disconnect before a match even starts and I have to play with uneven teams. Could you please make it so teams are auto-balanced before the match if someone gets disconnected. You guys are doin great 343! Hope Infinite is going well!

Also may I suggest a custom browser like in Halo 5? Honestly that was the best part about Halo 5. Only could you make it less laggy in MCC and less crashy, and more accurate with the player count in each server? Thanks!
Oh yeah and could you add a veto system in the matchmaking so we can veto maps and games we have already played. Also could you let us know on the loading screen what gamemode the player is getting into?
Will there be more tweaking to the shot registration on h3? It needs it still.
Gaara00444 wrote:
Steaalthy wrote:
Fix the aiming issues I hope it’s fixed by the time u guys run the event coming up. This Also has made it where ppl are not going to be able to practice much on the new setting.
What aiming issue? I haven't seen any during my playtime.
There are still shot registration issues in h3.
Still unable to find any games of ranked H2.

I hope that custom games browser comes out soon with a few MLG servers on it for CE and H2. Would love to see a way to neutral host H2 FFA and 4v4s as well as CE 2v2s.
PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE OF STATS/MEDALS NOT UPDATING PROPERLY. I've made the team aware of this issue before. I've noticed kills, deaths, medals and games won not updating properly if at all. Until you quit the game and relaunch it none of your stats will update and when they do, they are not accurate. I understand this is not a major issue but it would be nice to have this fixed.
The old squad battle playlist from the original halo 3 should be brought back to MCC and I also think H2A FFA should be added along with H2 team doubles (h2 not h2a)
Sinfvl wrote:
PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE OF STATS/MEDALS NOT UPDATING PROPERLY. I've made the team aware of this issue before. I've noticed kills, deaths, medals and games won not updating properly if at all. Until you quit the game and relaunch it none of your stats will update and when they do, they are not accurate. I understand this is not a major issue but it would be nice to have this fixed.
if you've posted about this before in one of the feedback threads, it will have been logged for review by the team
Kill Bowls wrote:
The old squad battle playlist from the original halo 3 should be brought back to MCC and I also think H2A FFA should be added along with H2 team doubles (h2 not h2a)
As much as I liked squad battle, 4/7 playlists are already dedicated to H3, I don't think we need another one.
Also, its hard enough to find games for H2C and H2A as it is. So I think its unlikely we'll see those playlists.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The alternate skins for armor pieces in Halo 4 are missing. In Halo 5: Guardians there were alternate skins for armor, so why were the ones from Halo 4 removed in the MCC? Hopefully they'll be added back into Halo 4 MCC as a toggle switch when selecting armor or something. Here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/ySp6JGI
In Halo 5 I have the Ice Unicorn Assault Riffle Skin (Use it all the time now). From what I’ve heard, if you play in a match with a member of 343 in Halo MCC or 5, you get the reward for both. So I have the Ice Unicorn Skin, but I don’t have the nameplate. Please fix this. I really want to rock the Ice Unicorn Nameplate. If you need proof that I have the skin, you can join a match with me so I can show you.
Still would love to see more Halo 2 anniversary maps (or forge based maps) with more explosives and environmental elements on them to help get the Recoil and Kickback more naturally easier (or if possible update to the number of medals for the achievement to less than 100). I am working on this right now, but it is quite a slog to get this legitimately because only one map is possible to really get this most of the time (Lockdown), it really should not be a slog to get compared to the Splatter Achievement for H2A which is far easier to get!

I would really suggest for people like us bugging you about these types of online only matchmaking achievements, please make them offline also, if the population eventually dies off with this game, its going to be impossible to get this achievement legitimately.
Hey people.

Finding it very difficult to find matches (Only then during the afternoon only, strangely), unless i'm playing with someone from North America.
Today I could not search for a game, without being bumped back to the selection screen.

The ability to select games and game types is an excellent, if late addition.

Map voting would be appreciated, we could play Ragnarok forever...

Cheers.
Legitsky wrote:
Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the New Year! Since the Fall 2018 update, the MCC has seen some pretty dramatic change. Change that was both measured, and positive. And with the coming of 2019, I personally believe the MCC should continue to gradually improve and build upon itself. Keeping that in mind, I have a few suggestions that I feel would not only continue to improve upon what the MCC already is, but that would also further diversify and layer the game.

1. Including EXP progression for all playlists. We’ve been asking for it for quite some time, and truthfully it’s been a long time coming. EXP progression not only adds a new element to the multiplayer experience, but it greatly improves upon the current model players are used to. Currently, players can opt to grind for a 50 in any ranked playlist. I personally have done it in the Halo 3 Arena playlist, having earned my 50 in the first 2 weeks of the September MCC update. I was elated to have been the very first players on the updated MCC to earn a 50 at the time, but seeing as I had already achieved the maximum rank, I felt no need to continue playing the aylist. If there were an EXP progression system, I would have felt far more inclined to grind Halo 3 Arena further. Instead, I got my 50 and took a long break from MCC. And that’s just my perspective, after playing one ranked playlist. EXP progression encourages all players to continue to play their favorite playlists, ranked or social. I know social playlists have been replaced by the Match Composer, but players earning exp for any social 2v2/4v4/8v8 etc under any settings would be an easy solution. Players having tangible evidence that they are progressing through ranks and earning their specific personal ranks is enough to make them want to play more games, and in turn play more often. In short, exp progression = players wanting to play and win more matches = players playing more often = a stronger and longer lasting population.

2. I would love to see more nameplates, particularly exclusive nameplates that any player can earn. The recent addition of more elaborate and exclusive nameplates has been a very welcome inclusion to the MCC, in my opinion. Therefore, I would love to see more and more being released for different reasons. Specifically, I would LOVE to see a nameplate given to players who have earned all 600/600 achievements on the MCC. I personally have completed this task, and have friends who have done the same. Having access to every regular nameplate is alright I suppose, but having a totally exclusive nameplate for those players who went the extra mile to earn every achievement seems like something well deserved. I can tell you, getting every achievement on MCC is NOT easy. And therefore should warrant a special nameplate being made for players who have done so.

3. More special/limited time playlists should be added. The recent addition of new playlists such as Ranked Halo 3 Lone Wolves and Halo 3 MLG 2v2 were brilliant. And the playlists were both highly populated and well received by the community. But why stop there? I think there should be more limited time playlists released. One I had in mind was Ranked Halo 3 Big Team Battle. Big Team has always been extremely popular, and on MCC BTB was (and still is) one of the most populated playlists on the game. Both retail and post update versions of MCC had huge populations in BTB. Ranked Halo 3 BTB would make the most sense as a playlist, since it would have the highest population due to Halo 3 BTB having the biggest turnout for numbers. Also, players have searched in large parties in BTB for many years, regardless of whether the playlist was social or ranked. Even currently, it is not uncommon for several parties of 5+ players to be searching BTB at any time of the day. Ranked BTB would allow players to link up with their friends and make large lobbies to battle it out for ranks, and it would satisfy an itch that the BTB community has needed fixed for quite some time. It would be a phenomenal playlist for bringing together big groups of players, due to the universal accessibility and popularity of BTB, for a special event style playlist. And honestly, I couldn’t think of a more diverse and epic ranked playlist for a limited release. It would appeal to all types of Halo players, and could be a huge success. Something worth giving thought to.

And that’s my list. I’d add more, but right now those are the 3 things I’d like to see added to the MCC most this year. I hope some, if not all, of my suggestions are at least considered!
Legitsky makes excellent suggestions that I believe will bring in new players as well as please current players. I truly think 343 and players will see the benefits if these changes are implemented. An experience system, niche nameplates, and a ranked Halo 3 BTB playlist are game elements I personally wanted ever since MCC came out. Thanks for posting this Legitsky.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 21