Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - January

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 21
"2. PARTY RESTRICTIONS IN RANKED, there is a big problem with parties in ranked matchmaking matching teams of solo searchers, teams of 3 and now teams of 4 can match solo searchers, it’s not fun especially in lower populated playlists like h2c, I no longer play h2c ranked because a lot of the time it’s a full party vs solo searchers, this needs to be changed. If I search solo I should have the option or matchmaking preferance of being put in games with only people who are searching solo. Postums, you responded to my old post in the locked Dec feedback about TO4 matching only TO4, if that’s how it’s supposed to work it’s not working correctly. Ive matched TO4 multiple times over the past 2 weeks while I was searching solo. I’m sure it was TO4 because post game I pulled up all of the opposing teams Xbox profiles and I viewed their social friends list, all 4 players were friends with each other, this isn’t the first time this has happened and I’ve seen other players mention it as well on a thread I made a couple weeks ago."

I think this is such a huge issue right now. I usually play social match composer(slayer, swat, snipes) because its usually the quickest way to get games being my gaming time is limited, so I cant speak much on ranked. I will say that in social you'll get those days where you have some good competitive games, but most days I play, its just bad. Almost EVERY match, this is what I see.

1. Someone (or multiple players) quit on my team. It happens so much its almost expected.

2. I'm often playing with very low skilled players on my team, sometimes with players getting no kills and just running around and dying, ending in the high negative K/D.

So quitting and being teamed with very low skilled players, and often a combination of both. And this all while the opposing team is winning by high amounts, and in the high K/D ranges. Its just clear as day looking at the scoreboard at the end lol.

I think TO4 matching with solo players is a huge part of this, and I'm not fully aware how the player skill matching works (or if there is one) for social games, but I believe that also plays a huge roll.
ACW93 wrote:
"2. PARTY RESTRICTIONS IN RANKED, there is a big problem with parties in ranked matchmaking matching teams of solo searchers, teams of 3 and now teams of 4 can match solo searchers, it’s not fun especially in lower populated playlists like h2c, I no longer play h2c ranked because a lot of the time it’s a full party vs solo searchers, this needs to be changed. If I search solo I should have the option or matchmaking preferance of being put in games with only people who are searching solo. Postums, you responded to my old post in the locked Dec feedback about TO4 matching only TO4, if that’s how it’s supposed to work it’s not working correctly. Ive matched TO4 multiple times over the past 2 weeks while I was searching solo. I’m sure it was TO4 because post game I pulled up all of the opposing teams Xbox profiles and I viewed their social friends list, all 4 players were friends with each other, this isn’t the first time this has happened and I’ve seen other players mention it as well on a thread I made a couple weeks ago."

I think this is such a huge issue right now. I usually play social match composer(slayer, swat, snipes) because its usually the quickest way to get games being my gaming time is limited, so I cant speak much on ranked. I will say that in social you'll get those days where you have some good competitive games, but most days I play, its just bad. Almost EVERY match, this is what I see.

1. Someone (or multiple players) quit on my team. It happens so much its almost expected.

2. I'm often playing with very low skilled players on my team, sometimes with players getting no kills and just running around and dying, ending in the high negative K/D.

So quitting and being teamed with very low skilled players, and often a combination of both. And this all while the opposing team is winning by high amounts, and in the high K/D ranges. Its just clear as day looking at the scoreboard at the end lol.

I think TO4 matching with solo players is a huge part of this, and I'm not fully aware how the player skill matching works (or if there is one) for social games, but I believe that also plays a huge roll.
Just because the 4 people are friends on XBL doesn't mean they were playing as a group of 4. The Halo 2 Classic Playlist has a low population to begin with so you'll probably be seeing repeat players on there. I notice it in Halo CE as well. Ranked playlists can be just like Social Playlists some games you'll win big, others you'll lose big and some you may win or lose by a close margin. That's not a Halo MCC issue that's online gaming in general.
TF Jay x wrote:
iiBloxorz wrote:
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
3. RANKED PLAYLISTS, Something has to be done with ranked playlists, this is the Master Chief Collection, not the Halo 3 collection, 4 out of 7 ranked playlists are Halo 3. Halo 4 doesn’t even have a ranked playlist at all, and I don’t even like Halo 4, but what gives?? It had ranking before the big update, but not now?
H2c/h2a/Hce only have 1 ranked playlist per game, yet halo 3 has 4. What is up with this Halo 3 obsession?? We need more support, not exclusion for other ranked halo playlists that are not Halo 3.

4. RANKED FFA, Why is FFA ranked Halo 3 only?? In the playlist suggestions months ago more people wanted a ranked FFA playlist with multiple halos more than just people who wanted it halo 3 only FFA, so why did Halo 3 only FFA get preferential treatment for the playlist over the majority when we wanted FFA with multiple halos? You (Postums) said previously that you thought people would quit because it’s crossplay, that’s what the new quit penalties are there for! So, hopefully a ranked FFA crossplay playlists is in the works, we’ve been asking for awhile now, not only that but there needs to be more variety in the ranked section because it’s highly saturated with Halo 3 playlists.

THIS! This is literally the only issue left! Ranked halo 4 is needed. Ranked hce 4v4 is needed. Cross play FFA and doubles and maybe hardcore. Then it will be almost perfect!
I agree with the fact that there is a waaay oversaturation of H3. Combining playlists would make room for Ranked H4 and HCE 4v4.

I think the playlists should be
  • HCE Doubles (2v2 game types on small to medium maps)
  • HCE Arena (4v4 game types on small to medium/smaller BTB maps)
  • H2C Arena (combination of OG Ranked Team Slayer, Team Skirmish/Objective, and Team Hardcore, nothing else)
  • H2A Arena (currently fine minus Remnant being included)
  • H3 Lone Wolves (OG Lone Wolves map/game type pairs)
  • H3 Arena (combination of OG Ranked Team Slayer, Team Skirmish/Objective, and Team Hardcore, nothing else)
  • H4 Arena (combination of OG Team Slayer and Team Objective playlists)
I also think that the OG Social Slayer, SWAT, Snipers, Objective/Skirmish, BTB, Infection, Grifball, and Action Sack maps and game modes should be ported into the Match Composer in their respective hoppers. It's currently missing quite a few iirc.

Also, can we please just combine Assault, KOTH, and CTF hoppers into one Objective hopper and include Oddball? Not including Oddball as its own hopper and giving a different hopper to every mode in one "style of play" seems pretty redundant. I came across H2C Team Ball BRs in Action Sack and was scratching my head.
Every serious CE player is going to be playing 2v2 ce. Ranked 4v4 ce won't work very well especially if the 4v4 ce playlist stays in social. Most people will try the ranked version once or twice, get stomped and go back to the social playlist. Besides, ce has way to low of a population for it to warrant two ranked playlists.

Also mixing Halo 3 hardcore in Halo 3 arena won't go over well with most players due to how different the hardcore and arena game types are. No hardcore player wants to play anything on Epilogue, High ground or Snowbound and they don't want to play objectives such as Orbital One-Flag and Ghost Town KotH. Likewise I assume the majority of the arena players don't want to play against the more difficult opponents that this would bring.

As for the Halo 3 over saturation, it is by far the most population and most played game on MCC therefore it should have the most playlists available. You can see this by looking at how fast you can get games in both Halo 3 Hardcore and Halo 3 Arena at every level.
I understand what you mean about CE 4v4, that makes sense, but your point doesn't justify why the playlist ratio is 4:7 for H3. Just because the game is the most popular doesn't mean it should get spoiled. That's what 343 was trying to avoid this whole time. Besides, if H2 players can put up with Hardcore games in Team Arena, why can't H3 players? Are they really that entitled?
MCC HALO GAME: All of them (MM Composer)
ISSUE: 3v3v3v3 and ffa
DESCRIPTION:
Classic Halo games have always had these two gametype options/mixes available: FFA and multi team (3v3v3v3). Adding them back would complete the MCC experience for me. Well... That and ODST firefight. But that's another story. Could we have these playlist options added?

The composer is probably the greatest thing you guys could have ever done for MCC. It has made obsessed with Halo again. Thanks a billion, you guys rock!
HALO GAME: Halo CE
ISSUE: CTF Time Limit and PC map variants
DESC:

1) CTF in BTB can drag on in stalemates that last FOREVER and get very boring! If we could get a say 15 minute time limit for ctf games it would prevent them from dragging on past the point where they are fun.

2) This one might be a technical challenge, but when MCC originally came out it had the PC versions of all its maps in matchmaking, with fuel rod cannons, banshees, and flame throwers, it was awesome! They got removed after hardcore fans complained that it wasnt "authentic" CE. Would it be possible for us to have both PC and console weapon spawn variants of these maps available in matchmaking?

If not, would it at least be possible to make it so that the PC maps would use the new weapons instead of just original Xbox weapons? That way you could make both sides happy :)
FEEDBACK ON CO-OP CAMPAIGN (XBOX ONE X - BOTH USERS)
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST
  • ISSUE : Frame rate drop, Connection Issues, Loading times.
Not really a complaint, but can we know the weightings of the maps in Halo 3 4v4 Social? I can't remember the last time I played on High Ground but Guardian and Heretic show up quite frequently.

EDIT: Never mind, it's a complaint now; I see Narrows way too often. I hate that map and I just got it twice in a row.
Would love to see less One Flag and One Bomb in ranked H2C matches.

On another note, this game really could use some kind of in game multiplayer leader board (similar to the one for speedrunning campaigns )as well as an in game exp progression system. These two items would help incentive players to play more ranked matches and use mics, etc.
Hej31 wrote:
I have not been here in a while, is it just me or is MCC dead? I could not find a single game
social games work flawless for me. Ranked got some problems except halo 3 playlists
I'm kinda confused how to work the social playlist tho, I just picked all the playlists and found no games
Can we get proper gametypes for halo 4 objective in BTB? The maps all seem to be infinity slayer variants. In objective there is no ordinance and no static weapon timers. I feel like the gametypes used in the old ctf playlist(360 version) would be better suited for ctf in BTB.
I love Halo 2 since it came out in 2004. With Team Slayer in Halo 2 in 2004 it felt like it was 75% starts with SMG and 25% with BR starts. Now with MCC Halo 2 Classic it is 100% BR starts. My opinion it needs to be SMG starts because I think you need to earn your BR by running to spawn locations to use a BR. Plus when it is BR starts I think I needs to be Team Slayer Pro with no radar like it was in 2004. I miss using a SMG in Halo 2 and earning my BR.
R32 GTS4 wrote:
I love Halo 2 since it came out in 2004. With Team Slayer in Halo 2 in 2004 it felt like it was 75% starts with SMG and 25% with BR starts. Now with MCC Halo 2 Classic it is 100% BR starts. My opinion it needs to be SMG starts because I think you need to earn your BR by running to spawn locations to use a BR. Plus when it is BR starts I think I needs to be Team Slayer Pro with no radar like it was in 2004. I miss using a SMG in Halo 2 and earning my BR.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but SMG starts are not currently planned to be coming to Halo 2 matchmaking in either ranked or social. Should you wish to run Halo 2 with SMG starts, I suggest utilizing the looking for group functions or search on these forums to help locate others who would like to play these settings.

Cheers,
Postums
Postums wrote:
R32 GTS4 wrote:
I love Halo 2 since it came out in 2004. With Team Slayer in Halo 2 in 2004 it felt like it was 75% starts with SMG and 25% with BR starts. Now with MCC Halo 2 Classic it is 100% BR starts. My opinion it needs to be SMG starts because I think you need to earn your BR by running to spawn locations to use a BR. Plus when it is BR starts I think I needs to be Team Slayer Pro with no radar like it was in 2004. I miss using a SMG in Halo 2 and earning my BR.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but SMG starts are not currently planned to be coming to Halo 2 matchmaking in either ranked or social. Should you wish to run Halo 2 with SMG starts, I suggest utilizing the looking for group functions or search on these forums to help locate others who would like to play these settings.

Cheers,
Postums
It takes no skill to have a BR starts. I’m sorry but it takes more skill to earn your BR with SMG starts. That’s why you guys made a Team Hardcore with BR starts. Then should be called H2C Arena with Battle rifle is your primary weapon.
1. Match composer is excellent! MCC is now my favorite game. Thanks for creating and bringing back memories.
2. Any chance for Reach to come to MCC? I know it's doubtful for such a major update but one can dream. The best part of MCC is that it includes all DLC maps. Even though all DLC is free on the 360, it's not required and we never get to play on them. Is it that difficult to require them?
3. More heavies variants and forge maps.
4. Please kick AFK players. They ruin a good match! JIP would be a nice addition.
5. AR starts promote weapon variety. BR starts get very mundane.
6. Can you spread out the spawns across the map on Blood Gulch?
7. Add more anti-vehicle weapons on maps where it's too easy to dominate the open maps like Standoff and Sandbox variants?
8. Remove the fuel explosion (or whatever it is) on the H2A ghost. It makes the vehicle worthless.

Thanks again
Postums wrote:
R32 GTS4 wrote:
I love Halo 2 since it came out in 2004. With Team Slayer in Halo 2 in 2004 it felt like it was 75% starts with SMG and 25% with BR starts. Now with MCC Halo 2 Classic it is 100% BR starts. My opinion it needs to be SMG starts because I think you need to earn your BR by running to spawn locations to use a BR. Plus when it is BR starts I think I needs to be Team Slayer Pro with no radar like it was in 2004. I miss using a SMG in Halo 2 and earning my BR.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but SMG starts are not currently planned to be coming to Halo 2 matchmaking in either ranked or social. Should you wish to run Halo 2 with SMG starts, I suggest utilizing the looking for group functions or search on these forums to help locate others who would like to play these settings.

Cheers,
Postums
Thank you. The horror that was smg starts in early h2 should never return...
For one flag or bomb in Halo 2 and Halo 3 could we get an adjustment on the amount of rounds to win? Some times one team can't win because they didn't score or arm the bomb in a previous round. An example would be blue team doesn't score or ark the bomb in the first round, but red team does. Then in Round Two blue team doesn't score or arm the bomb again, this guarantees red team will win regardless if they play their second round on offense. Just a thought to make matches that are guaranteed losses to end quicker.
For one flag or bomb in Halo 2 and Halo 3 could we get an adjustment on the amount of rounds to win? Some times one team can't win because they didn't score or arm the bomb in a previous round. An example would be blue team doesn't score or ark the bomb in the first round, but red team does. Then in Round Two blue team doesn't score or arm the bomb again, this guarantees red team will win regardless if they play their second round on offense. Just a thought to make matches that are guaranteed losses to end quicker.
At that point, it's just about making sure you don't lose by too much.
Postums wrote:
R32 GTS4 wrote:
I love Halo 2 since it came out in 2004. With Team Slayer in Halo 2 in 2004 it felt like it was 75% starts with SMG and 25% with BR starts. Now with MCC Halo 2 Classic it is 100% BR starts. My opinion it needs to be SMG starts because I think you need to earn your BR by running to spawn locations to use a BR. Plus when it is BR starts I think I needs to be Team Slayer Pro with no radar like it was in 2004. I miss using a SMG in Halo 2 and earning my BR.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but SMG starts are not currently planned to be coming to Halo 2 matchmaking in either ranked or social. Should you wish to run Halo 2 with SMG starts, I suggest utilizing the looking for group functions or search on these forums to help locate others who would like to play these settings.

Cheers,
Postums
Thank you. The horror that was smg starts in early h2 should never return...
Unfortunately, the horror that is BR starts is still here and it seems that it will always be.

It's time to benefit both sides of the community. If Halo 3 can support AR starts and BR starts 50% each one, Halo 2 too. In addition to that, I'll state once again why SMG starts is a possible matchmaking option: it increases variety, takes more skill to come back, forces scenary knowledge allowing map control, increases dual-wielding, involves smartness aswell as strategies, and it's more relaxed due to the limited range. But that's not all; it requires you to know the whole sandbox, and if you don't, you'll discover the other guns.

With that said, in my opinion the percentages for BR starts and the SMG ones should be 70% and 30%, respectively. Is it too much? I don't think so, we are currently forced to play BR starts ALL THE TIME; it's like our opinion is ignored. And don't forget it should only appear in close maps (Lockout, Elongation, Ivory Tower, Midship, Turf, Warlock, Gemini...), to prevent range abuse. As many of the Halo 2 4v4/2v2 maps provide short encounters, they are fully compatible. That is also applied to Halo 2 Anniversary, mainly due to the superior balance.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 if you see the stuff that I think you'll agree with and other people

1. Add a customization system for the Spartans like halo:reach because more unique Spartans would be better than one pick and that's all

2 add a Exp progression system that allows players to unlock armors and stuff so it gives people a reason to play mcc

3. Add event armors
like limited time armors to get before a certain amount of time it could be like a seasonal thing or just an event
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 21