Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - July 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
The shot registry for the Halo one pistol is way off. I had better luck aiming at the waist of opponents instead of their head. The sniper rifle is also not accurate.
Wait wrote:
in addition to allowing players to choose the servers they want to play on and allowing players to enable/disable party matching in match composer, i have 2 bits of feedback for this month:

1. if possible, I think forge maps should get their own playlists. Take Halo 2 anniversary for example, if more maps are gonna be added to that game, it should be Halo 2 maps, not hybrids of Halo 3 maps or completely fresh takes. Forge maps are awesome, but when people want to play Halo matchmaking, I don't think they really come to mind. And if they do come to mind? Well, there will be a playlist for it.

2. The Halo 3 Team Slayer playlist was announced and I'm suuper excited to play it again, but the post also said this:
Quote:
H3 Team Slayer will offer BR Slayer across Halo 3’s best 4v4 maps, with favorites like Guardian, Heretic, and Pit Stop featured more prominently than maps like Ghost Town and Assembly.
I do have faith that somewhere down the line there will be a more specific time and place for this playlist-specific feedback, and that the map breakdown will be publicly available for us but I really hope that Construct does not fall into the "favorite" category in this case due to its status as a Hardcore map. Frankly I think the default Construct plays terribly for 4v4 radar Team Slayer and should certainly not be played more frequently than Assembly or Ghost Town.
I feel Construct is a legitimate enough map as a favorite for 4v4 slayer, it was an original and should continue to be so. This coming from an OG Halo3 gamer.
I would like it if we could see other players nameplates during the searching process and loading screen. Also we should be able to see what it took to unlock the nameplate after unlocking it. It's hard to show off your best nameplates when it's only seen for a few seconds in during the post game screen and you most likely don't remember how every nameplate was unlocked.
I am pleased with the three new H2A maps. Keep up the good work, Forgers. They are all high quality and play well IMHO.
I am Australian and still lagging 24/7. I would be far more inclined to play given the choice to choose what data centre I connect to/ local only search filter like in H3 and Reach.
I believe that the ping cap was increased a few months back and that is the biggest issue i have found. Games used to be near flawless clean connection before the increased ping cap. Understandable that the West US server being the most populated server and quickest to find games is meant to be a better experience but its quite the opposite. Shouldn't mean (for the sake of finding quicker games) that you will be forced almost 10/10 times to play on that server across the other side of the world when 7 out of those 8 players are from the Oceania region.
Would greatly appreciate going back to longer load times to be considered for games that run much more smoothly rather than fast connecting ones with large amounts of lag.
Ruins the game experience in my opinion overall and makes Oceanic region players at a huge disadvantage.
GAME: Halo 3 Custom Games (Lava pit, frogger, and bees)

ISSUE: Ever since these games have moved over to 8p FFA I haven’t been able to play any of them even once. Perhaps I have bad luck and others fare better, but I’ve literally played for hours and only got games of Duals, Races, Mini fiesta, Ninja Assassins, Etc. Maybe the weighting is super low. I don’t know, but I miss these games. Also did frogger even get moved over?

REPRO: I’ve played 8p FFA action sack every time I log on and can’t land one of these games, so there isn’t much one can do to make up for this loss. Please help.
DR0VER wrote:
Master Chief Collection update reset all of my playlist progress, armour preferences, avatar, clan tag, and settings.

Absolute pain..
That Happened to me Brother
Will we have NOBLE armor from Reach for MCC, and will the Reach include campaign or will it be just Multiplayer and Forge
Will we have NOBLE armor from Reach for MCC, and will the Reach include campaign or will it be just Multiplayer and Forge
I don't remember what all the armor pieces were from Reach, but I can say that any armor that was in the original game will be included in MCC. No additional armor pieces will be there at launch, but there's a possibility that more could be added later.

Multiplayer and Forge will be free for everyone on Xbox. You will have to purchase campaign and Firefight separately.

On PC, the entirety of Reach will be available for ten dollars (well, $9.99), along with every other game coming to MCC PC. I don't recall if they've revealed what campaign/firefight will cost on Xbox One, but considering how much the full game will cost for PC, I'd take a guess at around five dollars.

The only thing I'm not quite clear on is how Firefight Matchmaking will be handled. I'm not sure whether that will only be accessible to those who've purchased campaign and Firefight, or available to everyone, since matchmaking is a part of multiplayer.
Devinatorz wrote:
The shot registry for the Halo one pistol is way off. I had better luck aiming at the waist of opponents instead of their head. The sniper rifle is also not accurate.
It's bad for all three games, especially Halo 3. And that's the game most people play for some reason.
jmandude15 wrote:
I don't remember what all the armor pieces were from Reach, but I can say that any armor that was in the original game will be included in MCC. No additional armor pieces will be there at launch, but there's a possibility that more could be added later.

Multiplayer and Forge will be free for everyone on Xbox. You will have to purchase campaign and Firefight separately.

On PC, the entirety of Reach will be available for ten dollars (well, $9.99), along with every other game coming to MCC PC. I don't recall if they've revealed what campaign/firefight will cost on Xbox One, but considering how much the full game will cost for PC, I'd take a guess at around five dollars.

The only thing I'm not quite clear on is how Firefight Matchmaking will be handled. I'm not sure whether that will only be accessible to those who've purchased campaign and Firefight, or available to everyone, since matchmaking is a part of multiplayer.
ok thks
I continue to get Hang'em High and Derelict frequently and I think they're both terrible maps for a social playlist. You get horrible spawns and camped mercilessly by even a halfway competent team. Their weighting needs to be significantly reduced or the maps removed entirely. I hate them that much. When my team is not being camped, my team is the one doing the camping. They're both just horrible maps that are highly prone to 1-sided games.
I am Australian and still lagging 24/7. I would be far more inclined to play given the choice to choose what data centre I connect to/ local only search filter like in H3 and Reach.
I believe that the ping cap was increased a few months back and that is the biggest issue i have found. Games used to be near flawless clean connection before the increased ping cap. Understandable that the West US server being the most populated server and quickest to find games is meant to be a better experience but its quite the opposite. Shouldn't mean (for the sake of finding quicker games) that you will be forced almost 10/10 times to play on that server across the other side of the world when 7 out of those 8 players are from the Oceania region.
Would greatly appreciate going back to longer load times to be considered for games that run much more smoothly rather than fast connecting ones with large amounts of lag.
Ruins the game experience in my opinion overall and makes Oceanic region players at a huge disadvantage.
Same here man. I would MUCH rather wait and have a more fair experience ^_^
Temporary bans for leaving games should require two or three consecutive game leaves before taking effect, not just one. It is incredibly frustrating when I am involuntarily kicked from the game because of a connection error, and then I am temporarily banned from playing as a result. I should at least get a warning.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Temporary bans for leaving games should require two or three consecutive game leaves before taking effect, not just one. It is incredibly frustrating when I am involuntarily kicked from the game because of a connection error, and then I am temporarily banned from playing as a result. I should at least get a warning.
Maybe not just consecutive, but within the span of a certain amount of time; say, two in the span of five hours, or three in one day. Something like that.
For me personally I think the matchmaking is pretty much perfect, considering I play exclusively infection and SWAT and don’t disconnect.
It's 10am and Derelict and Hang'em High are still trash maps that need fixed or removed. Yet somehow they seem to come up the most . Wizard isn't much better.

Edit: I legit just played Derelict wizard and Hang'em at least 3 times each. You know there are other maps in this game. Holy -Yoink- Derelict again!
Feedback -

1) Allow to quit a match half way through the game, if you are down a player or more, without penalty. Usually both teams are happy. I thought it this was in effect correct me if I am wrong.

2) depreciate Assault Rifle starts on Halo 3.

3) all maps that are in matchmaking, should be in forge/customs to inspect and practice. Everything spawn times and weapons should be where they are at in matchmaking
Thank you, 343, for giving us regular team slayer instead of that annoying oddball and ctf crap. Now I can actually enjoy Halo 3 again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10