Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - July 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
Game: Halo CE

Issue: Rocket launcher still has auto-aim/aim assist, even though the June game update patch claims that it’s been removed.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 - Hardcore
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Finding games is an issue. If you are searching as a team of four its impossible to get a match unless another team of four is searching. The community is small which makes it even more difficult to get a game. In my opinion if you are searching solo or as a team of two, three, or four you should be able to match any one of those. Another way to increase games is allow games to played 3v3 like we used to be able to back in the day. I can speak for the entire community about this because we all are tired of waiting prolonged periods of time to get just a single match. We spend more time searching for a game than we do actually playing. We would deeply appreciate these updates.
  • Ranking System: I'm aware of an upcoming updates and read about changes to the ranking system. I prefer the original Halo 2 Ranking System and I am asking that it remain in place for Halo 2. I'm not a fan of the progression system and do not care much for unlocking items. I believe the 1-50 ranking system is the best. My recommendation would be to allow each Halo game in MCC to have it's original ranking system.
PLEASE FIX THE MATCHMAKING ISSUES & ADD H2 DOUBLES

- Lockdown
Why did my halo 3 arena rank get reset to lvl 1 and other playlist didn’t get reset. it hasn’t even been 24 hours and it’s been reset from a lvl31 to a lvl1.
I’ve complained on this form about people lagging out in pregame loading screen lobby on my DBS account on this sub form page 2. I’ve started to take pictures/screenshots of this happening, did someone go out of their way and reported me and said that I’m cheating or something because of those pictures/screenshots? It showed me playing 2v4 3v4 games in just a couple pictures. Also i went afk early this morning when playing halo 3 arena ranked after i got to a 31 and I couldn’t find games around 3:30-4:30 am central time and fell a sleep. Woke up 5 hours later to a game being played with my control dead, usually I get kicked out of the lobby if my controller dies but not this time. I was afk after I woke up but i finished the game I was a lvl 28 this was this afternoon. so I was afk for enough games to lose my my rank and see a lvl 31 to a lvl 28. Is that the reason why I’ve been reset just in halo 3 arena ranked?
Lol nvm its because they Change the name to halo 3 team slayer, its no longer halo 3 arena. 343 why dont you guys tell us that you are going to reset the rank of one playlist randomly??? Also no more objective games and to pick up your BR. Wow just wow 343 great job as usual.
Steaalthy wrote:
Lol nvm its because they Change the name to halo 3 team slayer, its no longer halo 3 arena. 343 why dont you guys tell us that you are going to reset the rank of one playlist randomly??? Also no more objective games and to pick up your BR. Wow just wow 343 great job as usual.
They announced the change last week.
Steaalthy wrote:
They announced the change last week.
343 Never said the ranks were going to be reset at all, I’ve known about the update but 343 never said anything about a halo 3 rank reset.
Hello,

I posted about this last month too. Don't know if it was seen as it was very late in the month.

Halo 3
BTB 1 Sided Objective on Last Resort Spawn Trapping
It is insanely easy to spawn trap the beach team on one sided objective. Multiple enemies can stand on top of the brown architecture, usually with sniper, and pin down every sight line to every spawn. Other enemies can stand near the ocean and assist in quick spawn killing. Not an issue in 4v4, but happens in nearly 8v8 1 sided objective game.

Spawning will either need to be reworked (spawn on other side of brown wall beneath wall exit behind Camp Froman?) or block sightlines from the top of the brown architecture with a barrier.

Thanks.
Hello,

I posted about this last month too. Don't know if it was seen as it was very late in the month.

Halo 3
BTB 1 Sided Objective on Last Resort Spawn Trapping
It is insanely easy to spawn trap the beach team on one sided objective. Multiple enemies can stand on top of the brown architecture, usually with sniper, and pin down every sight line to every spawn. Other enemies can stand near the ocean and assist in quick spawn killing. Not an issue in 4v4, but happens in nearly 8v8 1 sided objective game.

Spawning will either need to be reworked (spawn on other side of brown wall beneath wall exit behind Camp Froman?) or block sightlines from the top of the brown architecture with a barrier.

Thanks.
You’ve been able to do this since og halo 2-3. You have to remember halo 3 is almost a 12 yr old game that is still being played online. You will know of all the spawn points from YouTube or pro/amateurs streaming like on mixer or twitch and playing the game you will learn. Thats how u want to play halo on last resort. if ppl are afk and making u spawn on the beach then don’t play that playlist until you have a team to play with. because what u said sounds like someone wasn’t playing or it was the game type. but that makes the game/map fun that u can do that to another team and have them spawn trapped. Gives you a feeling of dominance over the other team. When you set up like they did Against you . Those jumps have been around since og halo 2 and is hard to pull off in BTB 8v8 games compared to 4v4 games But if when its a 1 sided obj game type you have to work better as a team to make sure they can’t set up. Why I said this happens a-lot get a team together. This is what makes halo awesome it’s like a game of chess, if you do the wrong move you can cause a loss. There is a lot of other maps that you can do what ur talking about in btb. just the game has been out for so long. Every Little hiding spot for a good sniper shot on that map has been found since of halo 2 days. All the easter eggs have been found in halo 3. Big team battle isn’t that fun not being ranked and without playing with at least four people because you do find players that are aFK on your team and you get Spawn trapped and I am OK with it as long as I don’t have aFK players that makes me go negative KD, a lose and get spawned trapped. afk means away from controller BTW. But you need to get on YouTube and watch Halo ce threw halo 3 MLG events and watch all the jumps and tricks spots for sniping. Halo was made for spawn killing Once u learned the game since halo ce. Halo games in general have a very big skill gap. Halo games in general have a very big skill gap ones you can get it down you’re almost unstoppable. I’m super tired If my grammar is bad I’m sorry I’m on my phone
Steaalthy wrote:
It's likely not a reset but a brand new playlist which won't have a rank associated with it
I don’t think removing variety/H3 Arena is a good update. Removing H3 Arena for H3 Slayer reduces variety and makes the playlist stale. Are we removing playlists now just to get players to come back to the game to earn their ranks again? Why remove any objective/team-based playlists for slayer only?
I'm having an issue that I thought it was fixed but apparently, it was not.

Whenever I'm playing with one friend after I finish one game and then invite another friend to join, that new player will cause an issue saying that "You have an Inactive player" and then I would not be able to start the matchmaking thus I need to go and play a custom game between us so that error would fix.

Most of the times this is annoying because we would like to go and play right away against other people instead of playing a custom game just between us.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Game: MCC in general
Issue: How do we still not have matchmaking for Campaign and Spartan Ops multiplayer? You do realize that not everybody has other friends on Xbox that play Halo, right?
I don’t think removing variety/H3 Arena is a good update. Removing H3 Arena for H3 Slayer reduces variety and makes the playlist stale. Are we removing playlists now just to get players to come back to the game to earn their ranks again? Why remove any objective/team-based playlists for slayer only?
Because Team Slayer was what the playlist originally was. There are way too many people who never played Halo in their life that jump right into the MCC and ruin the game for everyone. There aren't enough people that use mics and there aren't enough people that are good enough to play objective. If you want to play objective you have Hardcore, Big Team, or simply play Halo 5. More people are on now that it's slayer. It's impossible to win objective with one bad teammate. Even the new Halo 3 throwback playlist on H5 is borderline unplayable, because of objective combined with bad players, as great as the new game mode is. I'm tired of the losing steaks and AFK players. At least with Slayer I can put my backpack on and have a chance at winning.
Region Lock PostI am Australian and still lagging 24/7. I would be far more inclined to play given the choice to choose what data centre I connect to/ local only search filter like in H3 and Reach.
I believe that the ping cap was increased a few months back and that is the biggest issue i have found. Games used to be near flawless clean connection before the increased ping cap. Understandable that the West US server being the most populated server and quickest to find games is meant to be a better experience but its quite the opposite. Shouldn't mean (for the sake of finding quicker games) that you will be forced almost 10/10 times to play on that server across the other side of the world when 7 out of those 8 players are from the Oceania region.
Would greatly appreciate going back to longer load times to be considered for games that run much more smoothly rather than fast connecting ones with large amounts of lag.
Ruins the game experience in my opinion overall and makes Oceanic region players at a huge disadvantage.
I disagree 100%. Myself and so many others worked so hard to get that ping lock increased so the game could actually be played by people outside of North America.

Have a read:
Region Lock Post
party restrictions
Australian player here.

Just got back on MCC since last year when the game was still region locked and it was impossible to find games. There’s definitely been an improvement in search times since then. For whatever reason though getting the first game takes a really long time (normally 5-10 minutes, sometimes 30mins+) then games seem to come easier.

Adding a server select feature that enables you to select the servers you can connect to would work wonders to keep everyone happy. ie people who only want to play on West US select only West US, people who want to find the quickest match possible have all servers selected.
Noticed today that the sound is still glitched in halo 4 on the map pitfall in the sword room. It's been a bug since day 1 I think.
Noticed today that the sound is still glitched in halo 4 on the map pitfall in the sword room. It's been a bug since day 1 I think.
Yah. That still annoys me. But over they fixed a lot of problems it had in the beginning.
Please remove Burial Mounds from H2C BTB. That map is simply not large enough to support 16 players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10