Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - July 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
Well, here's something.

You have made this game virtually impossible for players outside of the CONUS to find viable matchmaking games.
I live in Japan, i have a 6ms ping to the Japan server. So why am i matching up to the EAST US 2 server? On top of all this, the matchmaking searching times can be upwards of 20 MINUTES. Now you're telling me i have to wait up to 20 minutes to find a game where the lag is so unbearable i physically can't play the game? It's clearly evident you pander only towards the CONUS side of the MCC house. Give us the option to pick what servers we want to play on instead of you automatically assigning them for us. I love playing halo but you have made it un enjoyable for the passed year or so.
I think this is a very valid point. You should be able to choose what servers you play on. It would also help with a lot of connection issues, which are largely server dependent.
Xp3rious wrote:
Well, here's something.

You have made this game virtually impossible for players outside of the CONUS to find viable matchmaking games.
I live in Japan, i have a 6ms ping to the Japan server. So why am i matching up to the EAST US 2 server? On top of all this, the matchmaking searching times can be upwards of 20 MINUTES. Now you're telling me i have to wait up to 20 minutes to find a game where the lag is so unbearable i physically can't play the game? It's clearly evident you pander only towards the CONUS side of the MCC house. Give us the option to pick what servers we want to play on instead of you automatically assigning them for us. I love playing halo but you have made it un enjoyable for the passed year or so.
I think this is a very valid point. You should be able to choose what servers you play on. It would also help with a lot of connection issues, which are largely server dependent.
I agree. Actually after i submitted this reply i TRIED to play a few games (took me 2 hours to play... 3 games) i have completed unplugged my xbox and i will not be touching Halo ever again on the xbox console unless they fix the stuff that is incredibly messed up. I just kind of gave up trying to have an enjoyable experience online in Halo in 2019.
Maybe in 2020 during the infinite season things will be better (with 343's track record, i'm going towards the NO slot)
Hello 343,

There are a few things that myself and many other people would like to see changed for Halo 3. First off, the playlists are far too MLG/hardcore heavy. Let’s bring back what made Halo 3 so popular from its roots. Team Slayer? Great. We’re glad that exists. But how about non-hardcore Team Doubles and Team Snipers and Team Swat... those were fantastic and fun playlists!!!

Second, bring back all the original maps!! Some of these new maps that are being used in slayer are either ruined by prowlers or warthogs, or just are simply not as good as the originals. At least a couple of the original maps are left out and it would be great to see them make a return. I get trying to add new maps, that’s great. But the original maps in Halo 3 are part of what made the game great and they should all still exist.

Finally, can we add a ranking system for each playlist like they had when Halo 3 first came out? I’m not sure why this was ever altered... it was great!! Lieutenants, Captains, Colonels, Brigadier... whatever... that ranking system was just amazing. Let it make a return!

This post is on behalf of many others who agree with me.
Thank you for the consideration!

Respectfully,
nzeke1212
nzeke1212 wrote:
Hello 343,

There are a few things that myself and many other people would like to see changed for Halo 3. First off, the playlists are far too MLG/hardcore heavy. Let’s bring back what made Halo 3 so popular from its roots. Team Slayer? Great. We’re glad that exists. But how about non-hardcore Team Doubles and Team Snipers and Team Swat... those were fantastic and fun playlists!!!

Second, bring back all the original maps!! Some of these new maps that are being used in slayer are either ruined by prowlers or warthogs, or just are simply not as good as the originals. At least a couple of the original maps are left out and it would be great to see them make a return. I get trying to add new maps, that’s great. But the original maps in Halo 3 are part of what made the game great and they should all still exist.

Finally, can we add a ranking system for each playlist like they had when Halo 3 first came out? I’m not sure why this was ever altered... it was great!! Lieutenants, Captains, Colonels, Brigadier... whatever... that ranking system was just amazing. Let it make a return!

Respectfully,
nzeke1212
Absolutely agree, everything that used to make the game great got put to the wayside. Remember when you could log on to Halo 3, find each and every playlist at all times of day with population counts 5,000 plus and never wait over a minute to find a match? I've been playing Halo since CE system link days and Halo 3 was always the strongest multiplayer setup in terms of its longevity, game population counts and experience. 343 would be surprised by the amount of positive turnaround MCC would receive by bringing back everything you just suggested zeke.

#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Don't know if you guys are planning on adding anything to H2A Multiplayer besides Forge Maps, but if so the Spectre needs to come back. Don't really understand why it wasn't there in the first place, considering it's a remaster and H2A added new content that originally wasn't in Halo 2.
nzeke1212 wrote:
Hello 343,

Respectfully,
nzeke1212
Absolutely agree, everything that used to make the game great got put to the wayside. Remember when you could log on to Halo 3, find each and every playlist at all times of day with population counts 5,000 plus and never wait over a minute to find a match? I've been playing Halo since CE system link days and Halo 3 was always the strongest multiplayer setup in terms of its longevity, game population counts and experience. 343 would be surprised by the amount of positive turnaround MCC would receive by bringing back everything you just suggested zeke.

#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Thank you for the support!! If we petition this, hopefully 343 will recognize the positive turnaround that will be brought forth. If we took Halo 3 exactly as it was when it first came out on Xbox 360...(ranking system, maps, playlists, everything), and resold it with compatibility for the Xbox One... do you understand the thousands of people who would be on board, purchase it and actively play it as if it had never been played before? The following would be tremendous, guaranteed!! It’s the one game due to its popularity where that could be done, and gamers would be stoked! #KeepHaloGreatAmen
There seems to be no halo background for the loading screen for entering a match when first loading up the game. It’s just black.
Afk people need to be booted after 1 minute or so of being inactive in a match to stop people from being afk for an entire comp match resulting in their team having someone go 0-13

Also please look into the issue of someone getting booted at the very beginning of comp matches to make sure its not ddos

Otherwise the pvp is phenomenal. Its hard to fond teammates but the community is deep with talent and 15 years later halo 3 is still the most competitive shoorer on the market. Keep up the good work!!!
- If someone quits before game starts then it should cancel the game.

- When a player quits, the other players should not be punished for quitting too.
Hayabusa wrote:
- If someone quits before game starts then it should cancel the game.

- When a player quits, the other players should not be punished for quitting too.
I agree with this post
Some of the maps need to be removed from the rotation in ranked h3 slayer
Remove all sandbox variants
Remove assembly
Remove ghost town
So that we can play maps like pitfall ,heretic ,guardian , and construct more often
Having a hard time connecting to games, usually I'm greeted with the "unable to connect text" but only happens the first time trying to find a game. After my second go around I always connect no problem.
hey spartan. hello. me found best company.
Can someone please explain to me how to download the halo 3 forge maps that they selected to put in Ranked TS. I would like to play some custom games on them so I can practice. Do you have to have the persons Gamertag?
OGxSoup wrote:
Can someone please explain to me how to download the halo 3 forge maps that they selected to put in Ranked TS. I would like to play some custom games on them so I can practice. Do you have to have the persons Gamertag?
Currently, the best way is to play the maps in matchmaking and then save them from your temporary files. There are other players who have already done this who compile maps and host them on their file shares for easy access. In the future, we may add additional content to official file shares to streamline this process. The343Favorites currently hosts a lot of community forge content (some of which is in matchmaking) but given the sheer volume of map variants available throughout MCC matchmaking, hosting all of them officially is not something we currently do.
Some of the maps need to be removed from the rotation in ranked h3 slayer
Remove all sandbox variants
Remove assembly
Remove ghost town
So that we can play maps like pitfall ,heretic ,guardian , and construct more often
I agree. The amount of times sandbox variants come on... is shocking.

Same goes for ghost town and assembly. I've played them a lot more than pit, heretic, guardian. Construct does come up quite a bit.
Hello, um i have been having a bit of an issue me and my brothers play MCC local Multiplayer but lately we've opening multiplayer and only one persons file stuff will load while everyone elses is set to some sort of default mode. And no our data, achievements and such are still there but customizations and loadouts have been reset, forge maps seem to go missing as well.

Any and all help would be appreciated

Edit: we redid them yesterday but when we logged in today only mine loaded up theirs were reset somehow but if we log in with thier profile after closing the game ones will load up mine and the others' wont..
Hello, um i have been having a bit of an issue me and my brothers play MCC local Multiplayer but lately we've opening multiplayer and only one persons file stuff will load while everyone elses is set to some sort of default mode. And no our data, achievements and such are still there but customizations and loadouts have been reset, forge maps seem to go missing as well.

Any and all help would be appreciated
I think that even if multiple profiles are signed in, the files and stats that are shown are only for whatever profile that is signed in to the Xbox dashboard. In other words, it will only display data for one player at a time on a single console. To display data for two profiles at once would likely require a split-screen menu, which of course isn't a feature. I hope I'm making sense.

If you mean that even in game, the armor sets and loadouts associated with someone's profile aren't correct when playing split-screen, then that may be either a bug or an oversight.

If you want to play maps that are saved to a particular profile, you'll probably need the Xbox's dashboard to be signed in with that profile first.

I hope I understood your issue correctly and that some of that was helpful.
nzeke1212 wrote:
nzeke1212 wrote:
Hello 343,

Respectfully,
nzeke1212

#MakeHaloGreatAgain
Thank you for the support!! If we petition this, hopefully 343 will recognize the positive turnaround that will be brought forth. If we took Halo 3 exactly as it was when it first came out on Xbox 360...(ranking system, maps, playlists, everything), and resold it with compatibility for the Xbox One... do you understand the thousands of people who would be on board, purchase it and actively play it as if it had never been played before? The following would be tremendous, guaranteed!! It’s the one game due to its popularity where that could be done, and gamers would be stoked! #KeepHaloGreatAmen
Sign me up on that petition
OGxSoup wrote:
Currently, the best way is to play the maps in matchmaking and then save them from your temporary files. There are other players who have already done this who compile maps and host them on their file shares for easy access. In the future, we may add additional content to official file shares to streamline this process. The343Favorites currently hosts a lot of community forge content (some of which is in matchmaking) but given the sheer volume of map variants available throughout MCC matchmaking, hosting all of them officially is not something we currently do.
So once I play them how to do download them onto my fileshare?
  • Halo 3 BTB
  • Replace Sandtrap with Sandtarp.
  • The elephants ruin any chance at a competitive match and the spawns should be fixed to the bases rather than random.
  • Halo 3 BTB
  • Decrease the weighting of last resort and longshore and increase maps such as sandbox, wastelands, and standoff.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10