While we wait in excitement for the next installment in the Halo franchise the games and gameplay settings in MCC could still need some updates.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Ranked arena slayer, H3. This playlist is in desperate need of better settings. First of all I would suggest to use only the maps that were in the original team slayer playlist in Halo 3. This means that small maps like Cold Storage and Epitaph should be removed. They are ok in 2 vs 2, but the size doesn’t fit a 4 vs 4 playlist. It would of course not be a problem if they could be vetoed, but alas, that feature was removed.
- Despite the low population we need smaller party restriction like we had in the original Halo 3 ranked team slayer playlist. Teams of three should only be able to play teams of three. The reason it was like this back in the day was to make the games more balanced and fair.
- A general problem is the lack of more specific parameters when you search. In the original Halo 3 you could select between good connection, language or fast search times. Most of my games are absolutely unplayable due to a rather high ping. And when you on top of this have to play against are team of three, it is usually more fun to do the dishes until the game is over. I don’t mind if I have to search for an hour if I can get one game that is worth playing. At least give us the opportunity the chose, so we don’t have to play on servers that are located on the moon.
- Another search parameter that could improve the Match Composer would be the ability to deselect slayer with AR or SMG start. The gameplay is not that good and when you can’t ‘veto for br’ (as we used to say back in the day) you are stuck playing a boring and slow game. If your team is good this means that the BR almost becomes a power weapon, as shooting someone across map with a pistol is rather tricky. A kind of negative feedback that tilts the arena gameplay because you don’t have a good utility weapon.
- One of the better improvement was when you added to ability to see which server you are connected to. I suggest that you add that information to the bottom of the pause menu, so you can see it while you are in a game.
- Generally the UI is not working as good as should be expected. For instance ‘Game session details’ can’t load. And if is occasionally does the information is quite sparse. In the original Halo 3 you could see how much time was left in a game and so on. Also, you can’t see if someone are playing together. This was a very neat feature that could be implemented in MCC. Right now you have to guess. Do try to mimic Bungie’s design.
- I find that especially Halo 1-3 are performing poorly on dedicated servers. It makes sense concerning CE as it was made for local play, but it must be possibly to improve Halo 3. A common problem is that beat downs never connect. And the hit detection is absolutely atrocious. Sometimes I wonder if my Spartan is shooting with powder. I understand that the Legacy Team are working hard on Reach, but the other games simply aren’t in a playable state if you live in the EU.
This and the above reasons is why I stopped playing ranked. It is simply too frustrating playing against a team of three 50s on a server located on another planet.
- There are still a lot of minor graphical glitches in the games. Just to name one example. When you walk on snow the foot prints are black instead of white. This can be seen on maps like Avalanche.
And I should apologize for my bad English. I hope it is understandable.