Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - June 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
H2A BTB One Flag on Remnant has no overtime. Had two flags ready to cap and the time expired right next to the capture point. If this is intentional, than I'm just salty.
Same request, another monthly feedback thread:
give us the option to choose our datacenter, and if you can't/don't want to at least tell us why.

Please.
I get disconnected from games and banned at least every two days. So can get banned for up to 12 hours twice in 48 hour periods. Happens in many different game types. I'm in the UK have great Internet and can play Halo 5 and Sea of Theives and Apex on my PS4 trouble free. I can even get OG Halo 3 games to work most of the time.
I see others have this problem. I also get put into East US 2 server all the time.

Also sometimes I get the disconnection message when I'm in campaign and the MCC menus that crashes the game. Might be related to the multiplayer error.

Snipe N21 wrote:
H2A BTB One Flag on Remnant has no overtime. Had two flags ready to cap and the time expired right next to the capture point. If this is intentional, than I'm just salty.
Yea it's intentional..they changed the rules because people were getting out of the map with the flag so games would never end. I don't agree at all with this change. It completely kills the fun of the gametype. The tension is so much higher when it has overtime and creates great moments. Blows my mind they actually changed this rule.
Great job with fixing the br trading in H2c, haven’t played yet but it’s definitely a step in the right direction. Any word on fixing the broken melees in H2c and h3, is that coming down the pipe?

Also regarding h2c ranked, please swap out hardcore for FFA, it’s a playlist that has long been asked for by the H2c community. H2c hardcore has been a dead playlist for awhile, after a month the population just dropped off, that won’t be the case for ffa.

thanks
Still way to many people who afk all game and just intentionally betray people.
I have two issues to report, both pertaining to Halo 2 classic. Apologies in advance if either of these have been posted before.
ISSUE 1:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The first person weapon view model doesn't change position based on how high or low you're aiming.
  • REPRO STEPS: Just load up a Halo 2 classic multiplayer match and aim all the way up and all the way down, and note that your hands and weapon (weapons if you're duel-wielding) don't move at all based on where you look.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: This was introduced in one of the more recent updates. By more recent I just mean within the past year, when 343 started the new wave of work on MCC. These recent updates have by and large greatly improved MCC, and have fixed major issues, but have occasionally introduced some smaller new problems, this being one of them. This particular issue is strange though, as it effects Halo 2 classic multiplayer, but not Halo 2 classic campaign. It does however effect the campaign in anniversary graphics, so when switching between anniversary and classic visuals, the view model will differ between the two.
ISSUE 2:
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Lockout in Halo 2 classic doesn't have falling snow as it did in legacy Halo 2.
  • REPRO STEPS: Just compare the MCC Halo 2 classic version of Lockout to the legacy Halo 2 version of Lockout, and you'll see that legacy features snow particles whereas MCC doesn't.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I don't recall for sure, but I believe this was an issue in Halo 2 vista as well, so MCC didn't introduce this bug.
Something has to be done about these party parameters in ranked matchmaking. I just played 4 games of ranked and got absolutely steamrolled in 3 of them due to the party parameters. My team of randoms vs a near full party on the other team 3 out of 4 games. It doesn’t matter the playlist there should be more stringent parameters. The best game I played today was when both teams were all randoms, h3 ranked arena CTF game on stand-off, close game all game, my team capped and won with only a couple mins left. And yes I check post game every game to see if people are partied up, it’s easy to check. If you search by yourself it’s not fun and difficult to win when you’re constantly being match against parties all the time..
While we wait in excitement for the next installment in the Halo franchise the games and gameplay settings in MCC could still need some updates.

Here are a few suggestions:

• Ranked arena slayer, H3. This playlist is in desperate need of better settings. First of all I would suggest to use only the maps that were in the original team slayer playlist in Halo 3. This means that small maps like Cold Storage and Epitaph should be removed. They are ok in 2 vs 2, but the size doesn’t fit a 4 vs 4 playlist. It would of course not be a problem if they could be vetoed, but alas, that feature was removed.
  • Despite the low population we need smaller party restriction like we had in the original Halo 3 ranked team slayer playlist. Teams of three should only be able to play teams of three. The reason it was like this back in the day was to make the games more balanced and fair.
  • A general problem is the lack of more specific parameters when you search. In the original Halo 3 you could select between good connection, language or fast search times. Most of my games are absolutely unplayable due to a rather high ping. And when you on top of this have to play against are team of three, it is usually more fun to do the dishes until the game is over. I don’t mind if I have to search for an hour if I can get one game that is worth playing. At least give us the opportunity the chose, so we don’t have to play on servers that are located on the moon.
  • Another search parameter that could improve the Match Composer would be the ability to deselect slayer with AR or SMG start. The gameplay is not that good and when you can’t ‘veto for br’ (as we used to say back in the day) you are stuck playing a boring and slow game. If your team is good this means that the BR almost becomes a power weapon, as shooting someone across map with a pistol is rather tricky. A kind of negative feedback that tilts the arena gameplay because you don’t have a good utility weapon.
  • One of the better improvement was when you added to ability to see which server you are connected to. I suggest that you add that information to the bottom of the pause menu, so you can see it while you are in a game.
  • Generally the UI is not working as good as should be expected. For instance ‘Game session details’ can’t load. And if is occasionally does the information is quite sparse. In the original Halo 3 you could see how much time was left in a game and so on. Also, you can’t see if someone are playing together. This was a very neat feature that could be implemented in MCC. Right now you have to guess. Do try to mimic Bungie’s design.
  • I find that especially Halo 1-3 are performing poorly on dedicated servers. It makes sense concerning CE as it was made for local play, but it must be possibly to improve Halo 3. A common problem is that beat downs never connect. And the hit detection is absolutely atrocious. Sometimes I wonder if my Spartan is shooting with powder. I understand that the Legacy Team are working hard on Reach, but the other games simply aren’t in a playable state if you live in the EU.
This and the above reasons is why I stopped playing ranked. It is simply too frustrating playing against a team of three 50s on a server located on another planet.
  • There are still a lot of minor graphical glitches in the games. Just to name one example. When you walk on snow the foot prints are black instead of white. This can be seen on maps like Avalanche.
And I should apologize for my bad English. I hope it is understandable.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
i want to expand file share limit to 100
343 plz fix the hitscan and extent the fileshare maps and gmaetypes to 100 or higher cause alot of people host customs and have to contantly delet old maps to get new maps
Thank you for fixing the infection issues but can y'all do something about betrayals in Speeding Demons? I can't get through a single match without being betrayed at least 5 times.
  • MCC HALO GAME: All MCC Social Playlists
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Join in Progress is missing/disabled compared to ranked. This has lead over and over to people AFKing, and combined with people leaving imbalanced teams, makes matchmaking social a slog. Please fix this prior to the PC release, no other PC game does this. OW only cuts your EXP for lootboxes, Siege lets you join in progress and quit as much as you like outside of ranked, Battlefield lets you server hop as much as you want.
I’m curious to know about the Halo CE fix in today’s patch “ Fixed a crash”. Is this pertaining to MP or Campaign?
Please put the heavy vehicles back into the Halo 1 and Halo 4 big team battle playlists. There are not enough vehicles any more in the standard big team battle game types. Vehicles are an essential part to Halo and shouldn't be limited so heavily.
MCC was released in 2014. I've never seen Ranked Team Snipers once in 5 years. Sad really. Snipers is such a large community and a skill based playlist that deserves ranks.
Please put the heavy vehicles back into the Halo 1 and Halo 4 big team battle playlists. There are not enough vehicles any more in the standard big team battle game types.
The CE vehicles should be added in from the update today and heavy vehicles are in the Action Sack Heavies playlist in H4.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When trying to find a match as a 4-man squad, we either can't find a match or someone gets booted from the game before it starts. We can find matches no problem when it is just 3 of us but as soon as we add a 4th, that's when we get the problem
  • REPRO STEPS: Try to find a game with a 4-man squad
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: It is not the same person that gets booted every time
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13