Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - June 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13
Right now Microsoft's servers are down (even says when you first sign into game) and is using peer to peer, so far every game I've played even when I clearly don't have host has better hit registry then when using Microsoft servers, is there anyway we can just go back to using peer to peer. Please.
I thought we use internet nowadays no more server? So far if no internet then server is down because server connect with internet? How do you send text here? phone line messaging or internet but both using signal. if no signal meaning no internet no telephone line. We go for optic fiber now days. Good internet speed no need to fix just troubleshoot because we can't see. Okay I see.

Truly,
BlossomyVie
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Still way to many people who afk all game and just intentionally betray people.
Yh that really annoys me :(
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: sudden death wouldn't end
  • REPRO STEPS: don't know if it's reproducable
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: i was playing big team batttle on avalanche on monday 01.07.19 (07/01/19 american format). the game mode was assault (every team had a bomb). we were down 1-0 when the time ran out, but one of us had the bomb, so sudden death kicked in, but no timer (if i remember right, it should be only 30 secounds or so). we didn't manage to plant it and we tried for a long time with many bomb resets, but the game wouldn't end. the other team even managed to plant their bomb a secound time (so the score was 2-0) and it still didn't end the game. eventually we managed to plant the bomb twice and after we scored for the secound time (the score was 2-2 than) the game ended immediately with a draw.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2A
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: wrong language on loading screen
  • REPRO STEPS: don't know how
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: in the loading screen the language was spanish for me twice. not in a row and a few weeks appart. i have set my xbox and the MCC to english and i don't live in a spanish speaking country and didn't set my location to one. (maybe it was another similar language, bc honestly i can't tell, bc i don't speak spanish). the game itself still was in english. not important, but i just wanted to mention it.
Mcc is working flawlessly for me . The updates are obviously working . So happy this game is playable now .
On Halo CE multiplayer, the "green goo" portals are too sensitive in a number of ways.

1. If you even move forward a little bit and then walk backward, it will port you back; this is not how the original plays. You should still be on the other side as long as you don't walk far out from the goo

2. You can still be shot from someone on the opposite side of the portal well after you have already ported (even up to a second or two after)

3. if you change the way you're facing immediately before entering a portal, it seems like the game doesn't register it and the portal will port you facing the wrong way. You will be facing the direction you would have been facing if you had never even turned before entering.
I think it would be a nice change if H2A multiplayer used the H2A campaign models. Some notable differences between campaign and multiplayer are the Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, and Banshee. Also it would be awesome if we could play as campaign elites in multiplayer. Though I know that might not be plausible due to hitboxes and whatnot.
Halo 2A Infection

I like the new maps and gameplay, but I also still like the older maps and gameplay. Some of these new infection maps don’t look as good as the old maps. Anyway we can have the old Infection maps and games back in the mix? I miss regular Infection and Cadre.
The one thing I would like to see changed in multiplayer is a change to the match screen before you load into a game and after when viewing the carnage report. Currently it just says players found and separates them into red and blue. The when you load in, it shows you their names and who is on your team. The load in is fine and I like it, but would like to see it expanded more. One thing that bothers me to no end, this is in competitive, is the fact that I never know what rank I'm teamed with or what I'm up against. How am I supposed to react and adjust accordingly if I don't know who my opponents are and by the time I figure it out they're spawn killing my team. It would also be great if I knew if they were teamed up then I wouldn't be as frustrated. And in the carnage report I would like to see what Halo 5 does and shows mine and their rank beside their name. Just things like that I think would help tremendously from a players perspective. I hate to bring it up, but Overwatch has a great competitive load in. It tells me everything I need to know before a match and I can play accordingly to it. It doesn't have to be a thing that's implemented, would love to see it though, but just thought I'd post about it and see if anyone else thinks the same. I love these updates and the game feels great currently just would like to see expanded upon to make it even better. Excited for seasons, that's going to be cool!
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: When trying to find a match as a 4-man squad, we either can't find a match or someone gets booted from the game before it starts. We can find matches no problem when it is just 3 of us but as soon as we add a 4th, that's when we get the problem
  • REPRO STEPS: Try to find a game with a 4-man squad
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: It is not the same person that gets booted every time
Great job with fixing the br trading in H2c, haven’t played yet but it’s definitely a step in the right direction. Any word on fixing the broken melees in H2c and h3, is that coming down the pipe?

Also regarding h2c ranked, please swap out hardcore for FFA, it’s a playlist that has long been asked for by the H2c community. H2c hardcore has been a dead playlist for awhile, after a month the population just dropped off, that won’t be the case for ffa.

thanks
Party restrictions don’t apply when you search in teams of 3. However, it is is enforced when you search with a full squad. My suggestion, don’t bother searching in 4s so religiously.
Any status on Zombies for Halo 2 Classic?
Regarding the new update, I like the new gametype Alpha zombie on Halo 2A, also that friendly fire is disabled. However there is an issue with that gametype. New weapons are not spawning, so there is a high chance that you can run out of ammo.

About the new maps that were added to Halo 2A infection, I think that those are bigger enough to hide in a spot the whole game without being spotted. I was expecting that new maps would be added, but not that the old ones would be removed. Please bring back the old maps to Halo 2A infection. Now it's even harder to find players because I think many of them got bored with the new maps.

Regarding BTB, I think that being AFK or leaving the game must be a hard ban. If that's not possible, maybe new players (if they choose to) could replace inactive or kicked players.
HighMeLow wrote:
The one thing I would like to see changed in multiplayer is a change to the match screen before you load into a game and after when viewing the carnage report. Currently it just says players found and separates them into red and blue. The when you load in, it shows you their names and who is on your team. The load in is fine and I like it, but would like to see it expanded more. One thing that bothers me to no end, this is in competitive, is the fact that I never know what rank I'm teamed with or what I'm up against. How am I supposed to react and adjust accordingly if I don't know who my opponents are and by the time I figure it out they're spawn killing my team. It would also be great if I knew if they were teamed up then I wouldn't be as frustrated. And in the carnage report I would like to see what Halo 5 does and shows mine and their rank beside their name. Just things like that I think would help tremendously from a players perspective. I hate to bring it up, but Overwatch has a great competitive load in. It tells me everything I need to know before a match and I can play accordingly to it. It doesn't have to be a thing that's implemented, would love to see it though, but just thought I'd post about it and see if anyone else thinks the same. I love these updates and the game feels great currently just would like to see expanded upon to make it even better. Excited for seasons, that's going to be cool!
Probably the biggest reason for not showing ranks is to keep people from match dodging, and no offense but you change your gameplay based on a players rank? Not a good concept in my opinion. You should always play the same unless someone better shows you that way doesnt work, then you should adapt, but dumbing down your skills for a lower rank benefits no one.
just got temp banned because I disconnected after lagging really bad :/

This post has been hidden.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey moderators... Umm the 3 posts above this and your not saying a thing? Normally stckrboy is all over these spam and multi posts things, dont pick and chose who you come down on, not fair treatment of our community.
I'm pretty sure the forum mods take weekends off, too. I mean we're a whole week into July and still on the June feedback threads. The forums here aren't really run well imo
Brandabs wrote:
I mean we're a whole week into July and still on the June feedback threads.
Postums does the Feedback threads. It's likely he has to log everything which can take awhile and it was also a holiday week.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13