Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - June 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
Hey there! My friends and I play Halo 2 4x4 slayer religiously and we all feel there are 3 huge important maps missing from this playlist right now. Burial Mounds, Terminal and Relic were all maps included in the original release for this particular playlist and it would be awesome if these maps were added back into the mix again...
Hi,

Something I've noticed that maybe could help with playlists.

I find myself searching a competitive playlist a lot and just sitting in the find game lobby continuously searching with no luck in finding players.

Could it be a possibility that we have the old (# players) searching or playing in the playlist to have an idea of what is going on?

Halo 3 had this feature and I think it would increase the searches and it would let people know they aren't in a forever hopeless search.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Guddo
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Recently you added the ability to set the spawn time to "instant" in custom games. Following that trend, may you please give us the ability to choose the type and amount of grenades we spawn with? Currently you can choose "none", "map default" or "unchanged".
I understand this is a very low priority request, but it'd be a nice quality of life update for custom games.
I get disconnected from games and banned at least every two days. So can get banned for up to 12 hours twice in 48 hour periods. Happens in many different game types. I'm in the UK have great Internet and can play Halo 5 and Sea of Theives and Apex on my PS4 trouble free. I can even get OG Halo 3 games to work most of the time.
I see others have this problem. I also get put into East US 2 server all the time.

Also sometimes I get the disconnection message when I'm in campaign and the MCC menus that crashes the game. Might be related to the multiplayer error.
I do too I live in the us, happens in the pregame loading screen for the map most of time for me
Please put back halo 2 arena.
Steaalthy wrote:
I get disconnected from games and banned at least every two days. So can get banned for up to 12 hours twice in 48 hour periods. Happens in many different game types. I'm in the UK have great Internet and can play Halo 5 and Sea of Theives and Apex on my PS4 trouble free. I can even get OG Halo 3 games to work most of the time.
I see others have this problem. I also get put into East US 2 server all the time.

Also sometimes I get the disconnection message when I'm in campaign and the MCC menus that crashes the game. Might be related to the multiplayer error.
I do too I live in the us, happens in the pregame loading screen for the map most of time for me
Hope this error is mentioned in the MCC news blogs.
Any plans on adding a mountain time server?
I have two requests:
First, please add Team Heavies variants for CE, H2 and H2A. Some BTB maps are definitely lacking heavy vehicles and having this would be an extremely awesome addition.

Next, I think the weighting on Halo 4 DLC BTB maps needs to be lowered. I'm pretty sure it's not just me, but whenever I play H4 BTB I always seem to get Harvest, Outcast, and Shatter. And when it's not a DLC map it always seems to be Complex for some reason. Maybe I just have poor luck, but I never get Exile, Vortex, Ragnarok, Longbow or Forge Island and Impact variants. Also I'm pretty sure the map Settler (the Forge map on Ravine that you can play in customs) isn't included in matchmaking for some reason. If anyone has had the same experience with map weightings please let me know.
Darth Nint wrote:
Same request, another monthly feedback thread:
give us the option to choose our datacenter, and if you can't/don't want to at least tell us why.

Please.
I agree half the time im playing on East US when im in West US
I really wish they add SETTLER map to Halo 4 BTB. I love that map especially the slayer type where no one gets armor abilities.
I honestly love the new update with the match making screen with every update it gets closer and closer to original halo 3. We appreciate all the hard work you guys put into the community!
When me and my roommate try to play big team battle, we can never both connect to the game. Any other game mode it works fine - except BTB. We have more than adequate internet speed and both use Ethernet cables - we have also tried without the Ethernet cables and the same problem still arose. We can both get into the lobby of BTB and then when it loads one of us will make and and the other one will be kicked off. Considering this is our favorite playlist it sucks we can’t play together! I hope before reach comes out this will be fixed because it’s extremely frustrating.
Darth Nint wrote:
Same request, another monthly feedback thread:
give us the option to choose our datacenter, and if you can't/don't want to at least tell us why.

Please.
I agree half the time im playing on East US when im in West US
Same thing has happened to me - when I talk to people on the east cost they say they get a lot of west coast games so it really makes no sense.
Steaalthy wrote:
You can play all H2 Arena maps and gametypes in the Match Composer.

I think a ranked H2 Doubles or FFA playlist would be a good addition. I love H2 Hardcore, but I can never find matches unless I'm on a team of four attempting to play another high ranked team of four.
Something has to be done about these party parameters in ranked matchmaking. I just played 4 games of ranked and got absolutely steamrolled in 3 of them due to the party parameters. My team of randoms vs a near full party on the other team 3 out of 4 games. It doesn’t matter the playlist there should be more stringent parameters. The best game I played today was when both teams were all randoms, h3 ranked arena CTF game on stand-off, close game all game, my team capped and won with only a couple mins left. And yes I check post game every game to see if people are partied up, it’s easy to check. If you search by yourself it’s not fun and difficult to win when you’re constantly being match against parties all the time..
stuff like this happens in all types of pc games. cs:go and R6 allow full parties to go against randoms, it’s all based on rank, or what the game things your rank is. this isn’t uncommon, and in my opinion, shouldn’t be changed since every single other game i’ve played with this ranked feature plays it this way.

Edit: Typo
Monthly reminder that you guys need to get rid of AR starts in H3 social slayer and lower the frequency of SWATnums in H3 SWAT.

AR slayer is a flaming pile of unbalanced and poorly designed garbage and is not fun at all unless every player in the game is so bad that they cannot out BR an AR user at medium-long range.

SWATnums is OK as an occasional break from BRs but should not be more than 10% of H3 SWAT games. It is weighted way too high.
Steaalthy wrote:
You can play all H2 Arena maps and gametypes in the Match Composer.

I think a ranked H2 Doubles or FFA playlist would be a good addition. I love H2 Hardcore, but I can never find matches unless I'm on a team of four attempting to play another high ranked team of four.
I just want halo 2 ranked playlist to be play able as in finding games, in hardcore it take hours to find games and at least when halo 2 arena was around You had a lot of maps to play in ranked and you could find games. I don’t want to play halo 2 arena in social.
Still way to many people who afk all game and just intentionally betray people.
I really don't know how much more this can be optimized without kicking people for accidents. In my experience, there are WAY less quitters, AFKers, and betrayers than before the big fixes. Some of those people will always exist, that's just the nature of gaming.
343, while you guys have all the engines on the operating table for the PC port, it would be amazing if we could finally get a fix for the issue where it is impossible to switch teams in-game. I still have no way to play classic Halo 2 Zombies because of this. The option to allow team switching is there in the custom game options, but there's no way to actually do it when you hit pause in-game.
When me and my roommate try to play big team battle, we can never both connect to the game. Any other game mode it works fine - except BTB. We have more than adequate internet speed and both use Ethernet cables - we have also tried without the Ethernet cables and the same problem still arose. We can both get into the lobby of BTB and then when it loads one of us will make and and the other one will be kicked off. Considering this is our favorite playlist it sucks we can’t play together! I hope before reach comes out this will be fixed because it’s extremely frustrating.
This had been happening to me while the map is loading someone gets kicked Or lags out. I don’t think it’s a lag out because I see it happening so often in Ranked and social playlist. Something is wrong I hope more people come out and let this be known.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13