Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - March 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Why did you guys remove H2C and H2A arena and replace them with hardcore variants?? I’ve read every page of every feedback thread for months and Quite Literally Nobody asked for hardcore. Not only that but we’ve already had a hardcore playlist for H2 and it was removed due to low population, nobody played it, so why bring back a dead playlist that clearly didn’t work?? H2 arena should’ve never been removed, other H2 playlists should’ve been added in addition to arena. So here we are with H2c still only having 1 playlist in ranked, what gives?? This game was made for the anniversary of H2!

Don’t get me wrong H2 ranked definitely needed a refresh, but to straight up remove arena was not a good decision, more H2 playlists should have been added while keeping arena, but why replace arena with hardcore variants when they have already proven to be unpopular with H2 players? The two most requested playlists for ranked H2 have been FFA and doubles. Why didn’t you guys replace arena with these? Both of these playlists have been requested for a loooong time, it’s what most of us wanted. So I’m curious why you guys brought back hardcore which wasn’t even requested in the slightest, instead of the 2 playlists that have been widely requested by the community for quite some time now.
  • MCC HALO GAME : Halo 3 / Halo Combat evolved / Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK : For EU players, there is a huge hit registration issue. Basically, I aim perfectly on the ennemy but he takes no damages. I don't have any connection problem, (39ms constantly). It's like Im always lagging agaisnt US players (80% of MCC players are from the US). I have the feeling that im late, i have latency with the shots or lauching grenades.
  • For instance, when I click to throw a genade, there is always 0.5 s of delay to throw it.
  • With the shots it's the same problem, i aim perfectly, the crosschair is red and i have the dot in the center of it so im sure im gonna Headshot but no damage are done to enemies. I have to slightly shift the crosschair in advance to hit them.
I don't know if this is a netcode issue or this is because we are always playing on US servers (with 110ms) but you need to fix this please. This is unplayable for EU players.
I provided many different clips to show you perfect evidences of this issue. Im desperate so please fix this quickly. Im not the only player who experienced this problem.

• ADDITIONAL INFO :
Hit registration evidences :
With the sniper (2 different clips) :
- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/idreakz/video/69988898

- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/idreakz/video/70645683

With the BR :

- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/idreakz/video/71150557

Netcode issue (receiving damage whereas the ennemy didn't aim on me) :

- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/idreakz/video/71150652 (didn't know that the BR could shoot trough the wall LOL)

- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/idreakz/video/71144504 (In this clip we can see the hit registration when I shoot and the netcode issue because the ennemy didn't shot me at all but he got me)
Yeah I don’t like the hardcore variant and I had a 24 in H2C Team Arena. It was essentially wiped and all I have is H2C hardcore which I don’t like.
H2C Team Hardcore:
- Team Slayer comes up too often in H2C Team Hardcore. Please up the chance for objective matches to be on par with the H3 and H2A Hardcore playlists.
H3 Team Arena:
- H2C and H2A Team Arena was removed from ranked play which in my opinion was a mistake. With that being said, H3 Team Arena should stay permanently, as it is in my opinion, the best and presumably most played ranked playlist. Please DO NOT remove H3 Team Arena.

Edit : To be clear I am in favor of the Hardcore playlists. Just felt that the Team Arena playlists should have stayed along with Hardcore.
Mr Vacha wrote:
H2C Team Hardcore:- Team Slayer comes up too often in H2C Team Hardcore. Please up the chance for objective matches to be on par with the H3 and H2A Hardcore playlists.
H3 Team Arena:- H2C and H2A Team Arena was removed from ranked play which in my opinion was a mistake. With that being said, H3 Team Arena should stay permanently, as it is in my opinion, the best and presumably most played ranked playlist. Please DO NOT remove H3 Team Arena.
Team slayer in hardcore is easier than objective game types. It depends on if you have solid teammates that know what they’re doing and have microphones.

I wouldnt suggest going into hardcore by yourself because most likely you’ll have people on your team that aren’t on the same page. I repeatedly played a to3/4 going in with one teammate with two random guys with no mics and got blown away.

Im not sure why that happened but I didn’t think you were allowed to match teams of 3/4 going in by yourself or just another person.

Its probably because the population is too low to even match anyone else. Nevertheless, I won’t be playing any more ranked H2C unless they bring back team arena.
H2C Team Hardcore issue: CTF MidWar (midship, warlock) the correct setting is: Flag at home to score = on
it is currently off
Greetings, first time poster here. I got this do-hickey email figured out so I can finally post here instead of just reading comments on monthly forum update. I come to say I totally agree with everything that user I Steal Toilets said. I purchase this game specifically to play Halo 2, it’s the only Halo I play. The reason I am commenting here today is because I am very disappointed with this update.

You have now removed Halo 2 classic arena playlist, why? I had a very high rank in Halo 2 classic and now it’s gone. I’m upset with that, but Halo 2 classic is now replaced with a Hardcore type which I don’t like hardcore. This should be put up for a vote. The last thing I’m upset with is why does Halo 2 only have 1 ranked playlist this far into the games lifespan? Halo 2 classic has to have 2-3 ranked playlist, period. Playlist I want most is lone wolf type with 6 players. My friends and I play this in custom games and we all would like to see it as a ranked playlist for Halo 2 classic. I see from monthly update posts that many want ranked lone wolf gametype too, so why do you not listen?

-KB
Why did you guys remove H2C and H2A arena and replace them with hardcore variants?? I’ve read every page of every feedback thread for months and Quite Literally Nobody asked for hardcore. Not only that but we’ve already had a hardcore playlist for H2 and it was removed due to low population, nobody played it, so why bring back a dead playlist that clearly didn’t work?? H2 arena should’ve never been removed, other H2 playlists should’ve been added in addition to arena. So here we are with H2c still only having 1 playlist in ranked, what gives?? This game was made for the anniversary of H2!

Don’t get me wrong H2 ranked definitely needed a refresh, but to straight up remove arena was not a good decision, more H2 playlists should have been added while keeping arena, but why replace arena with hardcore variants when they have already proven to be unpopular with H2 players? The two most requested playlists for ranked H2 have been FFA and doubles. Why didn’t you guys replace arena with these? Both of these playlists have been requested for a loooong time, it’s what most of us wanted. So I’m curious why you guys brought back hardcore which wasn’t even requested in the slightest, instead of the 2 playlists that have been widely requested by the community for quite some time now.
Mr Vacha wrote:
-snip-
Team slayer in hardcore is easier than objective game types. It depends on if you have solid teammates that know what they’re doing and have microphones.

I wouldnt suggest going into hardcore by yourself because most likely you’ll have people on your team that aren’t on the same page. I repeatedly played a to3/4 going in with one teammate with two random guys with no mics and got blown away.

Im not sure why that happened but I didn’t think you were allowed to match teams of 3/4 going in by yourself or just another person.

Its probably because the population is too low to even match anyone else. Nevertheless, I won’t be playing any more ranked H2C unless they bring back team arena.
Just because there wasn't a huge vocal outcry here on the Waypoint forums, doesn't mean people weren't voicing their concerns on other forums or places like Twitter, Reddit, Discord, etc. And yes it was the least played playlist but I do remember a small few posters on here wanting H2 HC to have it own thing. The standard H2 Arena gametypes and maps combination were a nightmare for ranked competitively play, while the MLG variants suit sweaty environments much better. Although I do agree that it would be nice to have a ranked Doubles or FFA playlist for H2C as well as Hardcore 4v4. Since H2 Hardcore has been out the past couplke of days, I have found more matches than searching for hours on end the past few months. This tells me a lot more people want Hardcore 4v4 for H2C than you may realize.

Going into any ranked team playlist is never a desirable experience, doesn't matter what Halo game it is. But this should incentive you to use a mic, communication and build relationships with people in the Hardcore playlist. You shouldn't shun it because no online Halo experience is going to be perfect, those problems you are describing happen all across MCC. Also take into account that everyone's rank was reset, and teams of three can match solos in matchmaking. Teams of four can still only match teams of four however.

KB C0BRA wrote:
You have now removed Halo 2 classic arena playlist, why? I had a very high rank in Halo 2 classic and now it’s gone. I’m upset with that, but Halo 2 classic is now replaced with a Hardcore type which I don’t like hardcore.
Care to elaborate a little more on why you enjoy Arena settings over Hardcore variants for ranked/competitive play?

Mr Vacha wrote:
-snip-

Just because there wasn't a huge vocal outcry here on the Waypoint forums, doesn't mean people weren't voicing their concerns on other forums or places like Twitter, Reddit, Discord, etc. And yes it was the least played playlist but I do remember a small few posters on here wanting H2 HC to have it own thing. The standard H2 Arena gametypes and maps combination were a nightmare for ranked competitively play, while the MLG variants suit sweaty environments much better. Although I do agree that it would be nice to have a ranked Doubles or FFA playlist for H2C as well as Hardcore 4v4. Since H2 Hardcore has been out the past couplke of days, I have found more matches than searching for hours on end the past few months. This tells me a lot more people want Hardcore 4v4 for H2C than you may realize.

Going into any ranked team playlist is never a desirable experience, doesn't matter what Halo game it is. But this should incentive you to use a mic, communication and build relationships with people in the Hardcore playlist. You shouldn't shun it because no online Halo experience is going to be perfect, those problems you are describing happen all across MCC. Also take into account that everyone's rank was reset, and teams of three can match solos in matchmaking. Teams of four can still only match teams of four however.

KB C0BRA wrote:
You have now removed Halo 2 classic arena playlist, why? I had a very high rank in Halo 2 classic and now it’s gone. I’m upset with that, but Halo 2 classic is now replaced with a Hardcore type which I don’t like hardcore.
Care to elaborate a little more on why you enjoy Arena settings over Hardcore variants for ranked/competitive
The issue I have primarily is playing full teams when it’s just me or when I have a buddy. I don’t mind having no radar, but everyone needs to be on same page so I’m not getting shot in the back and beat down. It’s also more difficult to make good decisions because with no radar your teammates callouts/movements are your eyes and ears. When I’m constantly turning around to make I’m not getting going to get shot or beat down it diverts my attention away from helping my teammates.

When I have radar, I can make better decisions on the fly when my teammates who 90% of the time, don’t have mics or know how to play. Hardcore also takes off the plasma pistols so it puts more emphasis on teamwork. Again if you don’t have good teammates, you cannot defend yourself when you’re down shots.

Essentially, the way hardcore was designed is perfect and implements teamwork and strategy. If you have full team playing against another full team, you can have an awesome experience. If you’re just playing with randoms, it can be very frustrating and you get lopsided games.

Thats why why I refuse to play it at this point because I don’t want to play full teams going solo because of the low population.

The reason you’re finding games is the because the playlist just came out. Give it few weeks to a month and nobody will play it. I’m already done with it so one less player to participate.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Mr Vacha wrote:
-snip-

KB C0BRA wrote:
Care to elaborate a little more on why you enjoy Arena settings over Hardcore variants for ranked/competitive
The issue I have primarily is playing full teams when it’s just me or when I have a buddy. I don’t mind having no radar, but everyone needs to be on same page so I’m not getting shot in the back and beat down. It’s also more difficult to make good decisions because with no radar your teammates callouts/movements are your eyes and ears. When I’m constantly turning around to make I’m not getting going to get shot or beat down it diverts my attention away from helping my teammates.

When I have radar, I can make better decisions on the fly when my teammates who 90% of the time, don’t have mics or know how to play. Hardcore also takes off the plasma pistols so it puts more emphasis on teamwork. Again if you don’t have good teammates, you cannot defend yourself when you’re down shots.

Essentially, the way hardcore was designed is perfect and implements teamwork and strategy. If you have full team playing against another full team, you can have an awesome experience. If you’re just playing with randoms, it can be very frustrating and you get lopsided games.

Thats why why I refuse to play it at this point because I don’t want to play full teams going solo because of the low population.

The reason you’re finding games is the because the playlist just came out. Give it few weeks to a month and nobody will play it. I’m already done with it so one less player to participate.
It’s great you like hardcore, but a lot of us here (just looking at those who have responded so far) prefer regular arena. It was a poor decision by 343 to remove arena and only have hardcore available especially considering h2c hardcore was already removed in the past because it wasn’t popular but now they’ve removed arena in hopes of pushing everyone to hardcore, I doubt that will work out well. If they were going to bring back hardcore again they should’ve added it in addition to arena, not removed arena for hardcore only, but then again there are more popular playlists that have been requested that still aren’t in the game like h2c ffa and doubles. In regards to finding games hardcore has only been out a day so it’s gonna start off with games being easy to find, not only that but finding games from rank 1-10 is pretty simple. Once ranked 20-30 is reached is gonna be exactly like arena was where it takes awhile to find games. In 1 month I think hardcore will be deserted like it was before, idk why 343 is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Mr Vacha wrote:
-snip-

KB C0BRA wrote:

It’s great you like hardcore, but a lot of us here (just looking at those who have responded so far) prefer regular arena. It was a poor decision by 343 to remove arena and only have hardcore available especially considering h2c hardcore was already removed in the past because it wasn’t popular but now they’ve removed arena in hopes of pushing everyone to hardcore, I doubt that will work out well. If they were going to bring back hardcore again they should’ve added it in addition to arena, not removed arena for hardcore only, but then again there are more popular playlists that have been requested that still aren’t in the game like h2c ffa and doubles. In regards to finding games hardcore has only been out a day so it’s gonna start off with games being easy to find, not only that but finding games from rank 1-10 is pretty simple. Once ranked 20-30 is reached is gonna be exactly like arena was where it takes awhile to find games. In 1 month I think hardcore will be deserted like it was before, idk why 343 is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
The only way I see people getting higher ranks like 40-50 is to get 8 guys together and just match up each other in ranked matchmaking. Essentially you’re just playing customs.
Halo 4: Some letters like ‘u’ overlap in multiplayer, and it can most commonly be seen at the end of a game. Also, if you’re in game, look at the ‘mute player’ words, the ‘m’ and ‘u’ overlap.
Halo 4: Additionally, the audio sometimes mutes itself. I can’t figure out exactly what causes this, but it happens most frequently when I’m switching weapons or throwing grenades (only mutes temporarily).
I’m here to pile on the theme of WHY DID YOU GUYS DROP HALO 2 CLASSIC? I’ve been supporting Halo 2 for 15 years. Never have I commented on forums before you’ve decided to remove ranked H2C. If some people, seems like the minority of the group, want to have a hardcore playlist then create one but do not alienate the core of your supporters by dropping H2C.
I purchased MCC solely to play Halo 2 Classic. It feels like the majority of your H2C players are searching alone or a party of 2. Playing Team Hardcore is not fun nor meant to be played by yourself. My friend and myself fall into the category I just spoke of; we’ve been playing Halo 2 together for over a decade and literally the first day of the new update might’ve been the last day we play Halo together because we only get teammates that have no mic or aren’t even playing. We tried playing and played 4 straight Hardcore Team Slayer on Warlock-that’s just not fun.You’ve eliminated 50% of the maps that can’t even be played through Hardcore variants.
You’re eliminating 99% of the Halo 2 community who bought and played your product solely for the nostalgia by inserting Hardcore. Every single new player I met on MCC playing Halo 2 was not there for Hardcore. I sincerely hope your company changes this playlist because while you might get a few more players checking out Team Hardcore, they will be gone within the month. These are not the true “hardcore” members of the Halo 2 community that have been supporting this product through thick and thin for a decade.

So if you search solo or with a buddy you are not playing against a full team. At worst you're playing a team of three that has a similar rank to you if it couldn't match them with another team of 3. And if you're getting shot in the back and assassinated, that has mostly to do with your own awareness skills. If you're getting outplayed and flanked by stronger opponents, that not the fault of the game or the matchmaking system. Even with radar on and a whole team calling out, you're still going to experience getting shot in the back. And having no radar actually forces you to make better decisions because your speed and movement aren't restricted due to a motion sensor. Hardcore settings provide much more expression and creative gameplay in 4v4, but you have to learn how to use your own eyes/ears first before trying to rely on teammates to call everything out for you. Also MLG variants do actually have Plasma Pistols turned on for Sanctuary.

"If you’re just playing with randoms, it can be very frustrating and you get lopsided games. " - This applies to literally every single ranked playlist in Halo that isn't 1v1/FFA, it isn't specific to H2 HC.

"Thats why why I refuse to play it at this point because I don’t want to play full teams going solo because of the low population." - Again you're not playing full teams, the party matching system is the same for all MCC ranked hoppers. You're most likely playing against players who have years of veteran experience at high levels in H2 so sometimes playing one strong player can feel like fighting 4 people. It honestly just sounds like you wanted an easier experience that requires less effort and critical thinking on your part and that's why you don't want to take the responsibility of searching and trying to win. If less people had that "Scrub Mentality" then the playlist would not decrease so rapidly in population. But with the Halo 2 competitive 4v4 tournaments being run by UGC right now, I think we'll continue to find quality matches.

"There should be two playlists. More people played H2C Team Arena than the hardcore playlist. That’s why hardcore was removed at a certain point because nobody played it.Hardcore is fun to play in custom games with good players but it’s not something I’d consistently play in ranked." - The H2 population on MCC cannot afford to have two separate 4v4 ranked environments. I have no problem with keeping the social, more casual maps/gametypes in the Match Composer while having Hardcore only variants in ranked. Especially since ranked is where you want to create the most fair and balanced match for each participant. If you're losing a lot of matches, consider getting better at the game to earn Ws.

"The only way I see people getting higher ranks like 40-50 is to get 8 guys together and just match up each other in ranked matchmaking. Essentially you’re just playing customs." - The difference here is that in custom lobbies someone has to be the host, in matchmaking we can play on dedicated servers with no on/off host nonsense. A Custom Game browser would fix this issue.
Spoiler:
Show

So if you search solo or with a buddy you are not playing against a full team. At worst you're playing a team of three that has a similar rank to you if it couldn't match them with another team of 3. And if you're getting shot in the back and assassinated, that has mostly to do with your own awareness skills. If you're getting outplayed and flanked by stronger opponents, that not the fault of the game or the matchmaking system. Even with radar on and a whole team calling out, you're still going to experience getting shot in the back. And having no radar actually forces you to make better decisions because your speed and movement aren't restricted due to a motion sensor. Hardcore settings provide much more expression and creative gameplay in 4v4, but you have to learn how to use your own eyes/ears first before trying to rely on teammates to call everything out for you. Also MLG variants do actually have Plasma Pistols turned on for Sanctuary.

"If you’re just playing with randoms, it can be very frustrating and you get lopsided games. " - This applies to literally every single ranked playlist in Halo that isn't 1v1/FFA, it isn't specific to H2 HC.

"Thats why why I refuse to play it at this point because I don’t want to play full teams going solo because of the low population." - Again you're not playing full teams, the party matching system is the same for all MCC ranked hoppers. You're most likely playing against players who have years of veteran experience at high levels in H2 so sometimes playing one strong player can feel like fighting 4 people. It honestly just sounds like you wanted an easier experience that requires less effort and critical thinking on your part and that's why you don't want to take the responsibility of searching and trying to win. If less people had that "Scrub Mentality" then the playlist would not decrease so rapidly in population. But with the Halo 2 competitive 4v4 tournaments being run by UGC right now, I think we'll continue to find quality matches.

"There should be two playlists. More people played H2C Team Arena than the hardcore playlist. That’s why hardcore was removed at a certain point because nobody played it.Hardcore is fun to play in custom games with good players but it’s not something I’d consistently play in ranked." - The H2 population on MCC cannot afford to separate 4v4 ranked environments. I have no problem with keeping the social, more casual maps/gametypes in the Match Composer while having Hardcore only variants in ranked. Especially since ranked is where you want to create the most fair and balanced match for each participant. If you're losing a lot of matches, consider getting better at the game to earn Ws.

"The only way I see people getting higher ranks like 40-50 is to get 8 guys together and just match up each other in ranked matchmaking. Essentially you’re just playing customs." - The difference here is that in custom lobbies someone has to be the host, in matchmaking we can play on dedicated servers with no on/off host nonsense. A Custom Game browser would fix this issue.
You shouldn’t be playing teams to begin when you solo que. it’s not a scrub mentiality. Why shouldn’t you rely on your teammates?
Spoiler:
Show
Why is the forums rank system more astethic than the actual in game one? thinkingE
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9