Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - March 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
Brandabs wrote:
The addition of boarding action was great! However, losing Death Island and Danger Canyon is a bummer. Can we please get those back? I've also been really craving some H2C FFA. I'm not sure if FFA is something that can be added to the social browser, but that's on my wish list too.
Death Island and Danger Canyon are still available in CTF. A lot of the PC maps are best used for CTF or Multi Assualt do to set spawns in your base. With Team slayer the spawns are random and on the larger maps sometimes you'll be a minute or two away from the enemy team and you spend more time finding the enemy team then shooting them.
Quote:
Issue : Halo MCC Network
  1. I’m unable to play the game until 10PM GMT onwards as I’m met with a “Network” error message sayings it’s “Unavailable” Many other people have had the same issue. (From UK). I want to be able to player multiplayer at anytime not just at night.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3

• ISSUE/FEEDBACK: BTB pregame lobby shows 16 players, but when the match starts, only half of the players joined the match

• REPRO STEPS: Unknown how to reproduce the issue, most likely a server side issue

• ADDITIONAL INFO: Footage
    - Nearest server: East Australia
    - Ping: 8 ms
    - Model: Original Xbox One

I don't know who makes the decision for MCC in 343 but honestly... What the heck!?? Did yall ever play halo or MCC in the initial updates? Replacing H2C and H2A arena with the hardcore variant was NOT a good move. Population was low in those arena lists due to the match composer but a little list changes couldev changed that. EVERY halo needs its own ranked arena playlist period! H1,H2C,H2A,H3,H4! No game should be singled out for a specific game type playlist!! Not enough population for that but instead combine them! Hardcore should be a cross of H2C,H2A,H3. FFA should be a cross of all halos or add multiple FFA playlists. Doubles should be a cross of all halos as well! When you add other lists with only one halo included in it that's separate from its core arena list, your messing up the population, putting us to one game rather than many!! Its not hard guys. I know you read these forums. We do to so we get an idea of the consistency of ideas everyone wants and yet... You 343 ARENT doing them!
also real quick I feel like I have to discuss this for a good amount of Ranked FFA players who are complaining about the ranked system in it. I did get my 50 in lone wolves and there's things about the playlist you shouldev already picked up on but incase you didn't here it is:
ALWAYS go for 1st place! Period!
You can rank up and down from coming in 2nd and 3rd. If you come in 2nd and the player on top of you is a higher rank and the person in 3rd is a lower rank than you, then your fine. If that 3rd place player is higher than you than there's a chance you'll rank up cause you still topped a better player in the top half. However if the player on top of you is lower than you and the 3rd is higher than you, then both of yall are ranking down hard!
4th-6th place is ALWAYS bad!
Win games consistently, if your gonna come in 2nd or 3rd, just hope those players rankings are in your favor.
The ranked system in FFA does work and you just gotta figure it out. No need to complain about it.
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
I don't know who makes the decision for MCC in 343 but honestly... What the heck!?? Did yall ever play halo or MCC in the initial updates? Replacing H2C and H2A arena with the hardcore variant was NOT a good move. Population was low in those arena lists due to the match composer but a little list changes couldev changed that. EVERY halo needs its own ranked arena playlist period! H1,H2C,H2A,H3,H4! No game should be singled out for a specific game type playlist!! Not enough population for that but instead combine them! Hardcore should be a cross of H2C,H2A,H3. FFA should be a cross of all halos or add multiple FFA playlists. Doubles should be a cross of all halos as well! When you add other lists with only one halo included in it that's separate from its core arena list, your messing up the population, putting us to one game rather than many!! Its not hard guys. I know you read these forums. We do to so we get an idea of the consistency of ideas everyone wants and yet... You 343 ARENT doing them!
There isnt a big enough population to support more ranked playlists, the playlists are based off feedback that was gathered by Postums and the 343 team. Right now the only playlists where you can find games quickly are H3 Lone Wolves, H3 Hardcore and sometimes H3 Arena. Anything else your stuck waiting a bit to find a game or you may not find a game at all depending on the day and time. Ranked crossgame playlists are a big no no back before the big update Team Doubles and Team Hardcore had Halo 2 and Halo 3 combined and over half of the time people would quit the match if they didn't get the game they wanted hence why they were split up individually.
When is halo reach coming to master chief collection hope you can read this @ emerald kid 64
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
Completely agree with you couldn’t have said it better myself, especially about the playlists that have been requested by the community, playlists that we want and still are not added. For example, it completely blows my mind that 343 has had countless players request a ranked crossplay or H2c FFA for 4+ months on end both on here and on reddit and nothing..
It would be nice to have a warm-up playlist with Octagon (4-player FFA) and CTF Warm-up (2v2). Could make it a social playlist so people can pick the forge-supported Halo version they want to warm-up on (e.g. Halo 3, 2A, or 4).
It’d be great if you, 343, would actually listen to player feedback and address the issue that everyone has been complaining about for months: weighting of AR/BR starts in H3 Social. There is no reason we should be forced to play AR starts 75% of the time and get mowed down across the map by two enemy players with BRs while having little more than a spitball gun to fire back with. It would be nice if Social at least had a veto system, which would kill two birds with one stone: eliminate playing AR starts five times in a row, as well as eliminate the same map coming up every other match. This is probably the fifth time I’ve made a post about this specifically, and considering countless others have also been complaining about it with nothing being done as of yet, I don’t hold my breath that this will be addressed any time soon. But until it is, I’ll be shooting for post #6 sometime in April...
Dagger 323 wrote:
It’d be great if you, 343, would actually listen to player feedback and address the issue that everyone has been complaining about for months: weighting of AR/BR starts in H3 Social. There is no reason we should be forced to play AR starts 75% of the time and get mowed down across the map by two enemy players with BRs while having little more than a spitball gun to fire back with. It would be nice if Social at least had a veto system, which would kill two birds with one stone: eliminate playing AR starts five times in a row, as well as eliminate the same map coming up every other match. This is probably the fifth time I’ve made a post about this specifically, and considering countless others have also been complaining about it with nothing being done as of yet, I don’t hold my breath that this will be addressed any time soon. But until it is, I’ll be shooting for post #6 sometime in April...
Not saying that Veto is a bad idea, but in my opinion an option to choose in the Composer either AR/SMG or BR starts is better in every way. By that way, you always get to play only the gametype you want, whenever you would like to do so. Also, you wouldn't have to deal with the other type of starts anymore. Even if there's no enough population for one or another, at least there's a chance. Otherwise, auto starts'd always be vetoed, and BR starts'd always win, so it would end up being an unilateral way to get your preference (the old Voting system proved that, and affected Objective too). This topic has always been controversial due to the existence of solid arguments for both sides; any kind of reason that completely invalidates the other one is usually a personal and subjective opinion that only makes the situation worse for those who think differently. The solution to fix this problem definitely isn't removing auto starts in the 4v4 environment (which is the only one where it is requested, and I'd only agree with that in the largest scenaries, such as Standoff), but unfortunately it seems that is the way it's being chosen.

On the other hand, I would leave the Veto system only to avoid the same maps in a row, which is an actual issue and is a major priority.
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
There isnt a big enough population to support more ranked playlists, the playlists are based off feedback that was gathered by Postums and the 343 team. Right now the only playlists where you can find games quickly are H3 Lone Wolves, H3 Hardcore and sometimes H3 Arena. Anything else your stuck waiting a bit to find a game or you may not find a game at all depending on the day and time. Ranked crossgame playlists are a big no no back before the big update Team Doubles and Team Hardcore had Halo 2 and Halo 3 combined and over half of the time people would quit the match if they didn't get the game they wanted hence why they were split up individually.
well see that's the thing. When did anyone in the community ask to have H2C and H2A arena to be replaced with hardcore variants? NO ONE! How many people requested for crossplay ranked FFA? ALOT!! YET 343 did the thing we didn't want and didnt do the thing we wanted! So whatever feedback their getting, is from well.. You got me! And the new quit penalties will stop those players from jumping back into matchmaking after they quit if they actually decide to. And a harsh hit to their ranks! So crossplay playlists really is the way to go in terms of population control. You just named the 3 out of 4 H3 playlists as healthy playlists and that's a PROBLEM! Halo 4 players dont play anymore cause they don't have a list to play but if they did the population would get a bump up for sure. And if you remember to, that big update, you were actually able to find a game in EVERYTHING!! Now that's not happening and its easily cause of how 343 is managing the lists now. And the match composer damaged the ranked community as well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not re-edit content that has been previously moderated.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Even with more similar skilled games, you're still going to get people who jump off the map or don't get kills. If you want to avoid those people, you have play in a party.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 2/3 MP (social)
___

If you're going to include Team Slayer in the fold, it'd make it more palatable to include a Slayer Pro with the BR at start and then Team Slayer with AR/Pistol at start.

I personally feel that everyone starting with BRs ruins the experience for a lot of folks and if a lot of people like BRs at start then give us two separate gametypes to search for.
-----
Maybe include for just the multiplayer in general to report players directly to 343i. Too many racist teabagging man-children that also seem to dull the experience as well.

I get a five minute ban for an accidental team kill in a BTB match with a misplaced grenade but I can't report toxic players directly to 343i? It's backwards.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Even with more similar skilled games, you're still going to get people who jump off the map or don't get kills. If you want to avoid those people, you have play in a party.
I get that, I just want it so I'm not paired with them ALMOST EVERY GAME!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Are there any plans for a new patch to come out in April, for additional bug fixes? The last non playlist update was from mid February. I know the team is busy with Reach, the PC Port and other things but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9