Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - May 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
Its really good. Is there a coop open matchmaking?
marcoag702 wrote:
Can the weighting of H3 Infection gametypes (Braaaains, Speed demons, Creeping death etc.) be adjusted?

I played a lot of infection prior to the big update, and about 90% of the games were Braaaaains. This was really good, and obviously well liked by players.

There are lots of betrayals and about half of the team quit when it isn't braaaains.
Ageed. I'm so sick of 90% of the games being Creeping Death it really isn't fun. I even miss Hide and Seek which never shows up anymore. Not to mention Speed Demons is trash humans have too much advantage and there way too many betrayals due to not being able to kick out anyone in that mode.
Brains is definitely one of the best matchmaking infection game modes, hands down. I wish that one came up more often because I've only seen it 1-2 times out of probably around a few dozen matches (since the update). I would love to see more Hide and Seek as well.

I think Creeping Death and Speed Demons are ok if played every once in a while, but I was having the same issue where those were the same game modes that were selected the majority of the time. I think Speed Demons balance and "fun-ness", as well, kinda depends on the map. Save One Bullet is fun periodically too, but when it comes up a lot I have seen a quite a few people not playing the game and betraying each other. However, that usually isn't as much an issue as it is in CD and SD.

Speaking of map issues... it seems like when I sit down to play, each sitting often consists of the same handful of maps rather than much of a variety or it is predominately one map that is selected several time while an occasional other map shows up (for example I played 5-6 matches in a row and at least 4 of them were Ghost Town). I've had other days where pretty much the same thing happened where the main map that kept coming up repeatedly was Isolation and other times it was High Ground, often with only Creeping Death and/or Speed Demons. Hopefully, things can be worked out to re-weight the game modes and even some of the maps since we're not able to vote on them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hey Guys!!

Can someone please help me. So ever since the new update, when I join matchmaking it says 'connecting to transport service. Please wait'
I wait to see if it'll move on. I exit the game and re-try, nothing. I haven't taken the cd out as my xbox won't register the game again if I do that (needs to be serviced) but is there any other way around this?

Thank you!! :)
I've had problems finding social matches for CE slayer from time to time, but ever since the update it seems that if I choose both H2 classic and CE slayer, I get matches much quicker, and mainly in CE. remove the H2 classic from the search, and the queue seems longer again. Not a huge problem at all, it just seems a bit weird.
Ever since the infection update, I noticed there's gamemodes like "speed demons" that don't give you a boot option when your teammates betray you. Therefore I find myself in games where teamates are spamming their gravity hammers on their spawns going -40+ at the end of the game. The only game type I want is brains, the rest get boring after a few rounds, but then I get betrayed on top of it...it's obsurd.

Infection and the whole Halo Mcc realm just needs to implement two things to fix these toxic players and bad gametypes.
1) prevent friendly fire so your teammates can't troll you or kill for weapons.
2) add a veto system so the lobby can vote for the game they want.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
I sure hope Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will receive its own playlist within the Match Composer.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
giafra wrote:
We don't give a -Yoink- about Infection/Speed demons/Brains, betrayals, playlist updates or Yapyap! We need bug fixes!
HOW IN THE HELL AM I ALWAYS MATCHED TO EAST US 2 IN TEAM DOUBLES AT 9PM LONDON TIME ? Why some unrequested useless playlist update should have more priority than server / netcode fix?
Outside the US East coast, the game is unplayable!! Stop lying with the tale "you'll be matched in a US server only if after long time of searching you don't find any game", it's impossible to not find any EU players on Saturday afternoon! It's ALWAYS East US 2, to which I ping 130!
All the ranked playlists are unplayable because the ping, raised also by the redirection of data centers, causes ghost melees, hit registration disasters, random lags and the BR is useless in these conditions!
I can't run Halo MCC after a long day of work and getting these in just 4 matches!!!

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/00688509-acd0-4900-b4e1-e6bf6947daa7/embed

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/6bdf433f-f2f5-444e-8264-a1a7ee5302e8/embed

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/1fe61f73-d796-4145-97d4-a35ddbebea73/embed

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/11d89ab6-e5b4-4026-8f3d-2fa5ab6f6d1d/embed

And now, the grand finale!!!

https://xboxclips.com/giafra/43fd2a1e-14f4-4460-99b0-470fe6b5c895/embed

FIX THIS BROKEN GAME! How much evidence do you want before stopping any further useless infection update to focus on the online experience of everyone outside the US East coast??
We don't care about BTB updates, yapyap, infection, betrayals, we just want to have a game that works for everyone and not only for US residents!! The basics are the problem! I can't lose my voice screaming in Hardcore playlist because my shots deal absolutely 0 damage, or because I get teabagged because I challenged a one-shot opponent and getting out-BR'd because my shots don't register!!!
FIX THIS GAME!!!!!
No, YOU don’t give a -Yoink-.

While I understand your points, don’t try to speak as if everyone is with you and agrees.
In H3 Arena, please remove one hit beatdown with the ball & flag in non-hardcore gametypes. Oddball games basically become a contest of who gets the bubble shield and sits in it the longest.
This is just "social"

- too much repetition of the same maps for each halo version
- if a person has quit on your team, you should be able to leave, without being possibly temporarily banned. Especially if its two or or you solo. I dont mind a good fight, but thats not right
- why can you not exit the match making screen? Im assuming this is because this helps match making faster. but you should have the option still
- allot of people on PC are dying to play with console players and are depressed
- it does not look like skill level is balanced anymore. I have used my old general account and new account, and still get the same amount in the "social" playlist
- am i blind, but can i not look up anyones k/d unless I go on the web?

Still a great game, and the only game i play or have time for. So much more fun with the new kids playing, they the old hardcore days (social)

ranked
- The ranking system, although it does give a number and how you are trending, the actual military medals was better, wish that was never changed.

- is its just me or in halo classic , am i getting 2 shot with the BR?
Make MP, both Social and Ranked, so that parties of 3 or more, match parties of 3 or more. 4 people searching alone isn't even a remote challenge for a team of 4 players, and get swept aside with minimal effort. Don't get me started on BTB. Stacks of 6-8? Real fair to put them against 8 individuals.

Either that, or eliminate the quit penalty.

Because coming across a stacked team means players are usually going AFK or hiding, increasing the deficit on the individuals.

Being tombstoned in to oblivion every game because you match a team of 4 tryhards who stat and hold objectives every single game isn't going to sustain a population, and certainly isn't going to appeal to the newer players, whom this severe ban penalty was originally designed to benefit. And because most decent players are in teams, all the remaining individuals searching tend to be guests and new players - nothing against them, but this just further amplifies the canyon of skill difference.

Currently, unless you're a team, you:
- search
- match a team
- quit/get pounded
- search
- match a team
- quit/get pounded
- search
- match a team
- quit
- get off

It's a lose-lose in this current state.
not unless you can carry your team, use your mic, even if nobody else is listening, they might here you. Also when you find another with a mic, give a shout out if he is any good, and start a good roster
Why are players lagging out pre game lobby in ranked, cant find many games in most playlist so I’m forcoed to play halo 3 arena idk if this is happening in other playlist. But its happening almost every other game. It happens when the game is loading the map, sometimes u will see the player lag out and it will show 3 vrs 4 while loading the map or when the game starts it shows they never lost a player as in the game act as if the other team didn’t have 4 players ever even though they did and this is in halo 3 arena. When someone quits it shows there name and it’s not highlighted, in this case each time a player lags out the game in the loading screen the game acts like there was never a fourth player and forces a team to play 3v4 instead of what it should be 4v4 in ranked. This is a new bug and it keeps happening enough for me to say something. I’ve played this game a lot and play every day. I’ve had it happen to me once in halo 3 ranked. the game acts like you were never in the game you don’t get banned for quitting like you should, because technically you didn’t quit the game I don’t know what to call it but pushed you out of the sever/game and I’m seeing this happen more and more. Someone take a look into this. Sorry about my grammar I’m using my phone and it’s hard to use compared to my computer.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Please lower the weighting of Halo 4 DLC maps in BTB. It seems like I'm always playing on Outcast, Harvest, and Shatter. I barely ever get to play on Exile, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Vortex, etc.
Top Guns wrote:
Make MP, both Social and Ranked, so that parties of 3 or more, match parties of 3 or more. 4 people searching alone isn't even a remote challenge for a team of 4 players, and get swept aside with minimal effort. Don't get me started on BTB. Stacks of 6-8? Real fair to put them against 8 individuals.

Either that, or eliminate the quit penalty.

Because coming across a stacked team means players are usually going AFK or hiding, increasing the deficit on the individuals.

Being tombstoned in to oblivion every game because you match a team of 4 tryhards who stat and hold objectives every single game isn't going to sustain a population, and certainly isn't going to appeal to the newer players, whom this severe ban penalty was originally designed to benefit. And because most decent players are in teams, all the remaining individuals searching tend to be guests and new players - nothing against them, but this just further amplifies the canyon of skill difference.

Currently, unless you're a team, you:
- search
- match a team
- quit/get pounded
- search
- match a team
- quit/get pounded
- search
- match a team
- quit
- get off

It's a lose-lose in this current state.
not unless you can carry your team, use your mic, even if nobody else is listening, they might here you. Also when you find another with a mic, give a shout out if he is any good, and start a good roster
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11