Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - May 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  • I have spent literally over an hour waiting to match in a H2C Team Hardcore game. Not a single game. Same thing last night, for half an hour. If it really is that no one is playing it, please show a player count (both in my region and worldwide, like an earlier commenter suggested) so I know that no one is playing it and I won't waste my time.
  • Agree that it's really annoying that after unlocking nameplates you can't see how it was unlocked.
  • Please add Halo CE 4v4 ranked playlist.
  • An 8v8 ranked playlist would be wonderful.
  • ROCKET RACE
When the UI gets overhauled can y’all redo the nameplates as well? The weird shiny and bubbly look has always felt dated to me. I think a more flat, or even lightly textured look would really make them stand out a bit more.
Lcfty wrote:
Old problem it still happen not fun I think 343 not fix on purpose make people play more 343 knows about its
I'm getting disconnected and banned because of it despite perfect Internet. Games work perfectly except about half way through when I'm removed and banned because apparently I've lost connection to xbox live when I haven't. I keep getting bans up to 12 hours long. Love playing 1-4 but this bug is killing it for me.
Posted about this in other threads as I can't find the official 343 support forum. Anyone know an email or something I can use?
I was a huge fan of the BTB sniper maps in H2c as well as many others I talk and play with, please consider adding them back occasionally, and the H2c fans would love improvment in finding matches in competitive if possible! Thanks for the continuous work guys Halo never dies 💪🏼
  • I have spent literally over an hour waiting to match in a H2C Team Hardcore game. Not a single game. Same thing last night, for half an hour. If it really is that no one is playing it, please show a player count (both in my region and worldwide, like an earlier commenter suggested) so I know that no one is playing it and I won't waste my time.
  • Agree that it's really annoying that after unlocking nameplates you can't see how it was unlocked.
  • ROCKET RACE
That’s what happens when 343 makes a playlist that quite literally nobody asked for. This is the 2nd go around for H2c hardcore, the first time it was dropped because nobody played it, now this time 343 removed arena and made hardcore the only ranked playlist. 343 thought t would be a good idea to bring hardcore back again for a 2nd even though it was removed before due to low population, nobody asked for this as a playlist and this is why nobody can find games. Yet H2c ffa ranked has been the most requested halo 2 ranked playlists and we still don’t have it even though it’s been the most requested
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
  • ROCKET RACE
That’s what happens when 343 makes a playlist that quite literally nobody asked for. This is the 2nd go around for H2c hardcore, the first time it was dropped because nobody played it, now this time 343 removed arena and made hardcore the only ranked playlist. 343 thought t would be a good idea to bring hardcore back again for a 2nd even though it was removed before due to low population, nobody asked for this as a playlist and this is why nobody can find games.
It's the same across all ranked playlists right now the population is very low. Once the Composer hit and people could dictate what they want to play the ranked playlist populations dropped. That and when the rank resets happened a lot of people didn't bother regaining their rank again. The other reason is currently if your below a 30 in any ranked playlist you'll match with people within 9 ranks of your own, before a 50 could match a 1. Now everyone in the high teens or low 20's is stuck matching the same people and they are all realistically a higher rank then listed and so close skill wise your rank is stuck in neutral turning people away from ranked do to the low population.
  • ROCKET RACE
That’s what happens when 343 makes a playlist that quite literally nobody asked for. This is the 2nd go around for H2c hardcore, the first time it was dropped because nobody played it, now this time 343 removed arena and made hardcore the only ranked playlist. 343 thought t would be a good idea to bring hardcore back again for a 2nd even though it was removed before due to low population, nobody asked for this as a playlist and this is why nobody can find games.
It's the same across all ranked playlists right now the population is very low. Once the Composer hit and people could dictate what they want to play the ranked playlist populations dropped. That and when the rank resets happened a lot of people didn't bother regaining their rank again. The other reason is currently if your below a 30 in any ranked playlist you'll match with people within 9 ranks of your own, before a 50 could match a 1. Now everyone in the high teens or low 20's is stuck matching the same people and they are all realistically a higher rank then listed and so close skill wise your rank is stuck in neutral turning people away from ranked do to the low population.
It's also because they put objective games in every ranked playlist, and then took away the ability to vote against it.
Found a Video from Tommy Kost

I've tried to put in some of the spoken into words, in the full video there is a lot more. Check it out.
Link to the full Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WspwXnEEwBA&t=9s

Timestamps:
1:07 - Vanilla H3 Doubles
Why was it taken out? Bring it back. Kill Hardcore playlist and make it rotational

16:12 - Party/Rank Restrictions
- Make Teams of 3 match Teams of 3 and let them play without searching the 4th person for those radomly, just start the game when Team of 3 match teams of 3.
26:03 - Ranked Rotational Playlists
- Put in some crazy rotational ranked playlists -> BTB, MLG FFA, Hardcore doubles, Snipers, Swat, Radar Doubles, Team Objective

41:02 - Dodging
- Dodging should not ban people it should rank down players rank, 3 losses per dodging. If you ban people they will play other games!

45:39 - Vote/Veto
Do not show player names. Veto should be implemated, like in Halo 3. But fix dodging first!

51:57 - Server Allocation
- Dedicated Server or Peer-to-Peer? Ping is king, so peer to peer and dedicated as backup. Bridge people with fiber connection, because they have better pings to some people than the dedicated servers.

Extra talk:
- No itention to play more, like Bungie.net features are missing (Progressionsystem and Website to track and show gamestats, medals etc.) Nameplate for people got 50 in a specific playlist or play a lot like 500 Games in a specific playlist. Give players a reward when they have played a lot.
- Social games need to be social, I like to play after work and I'm not every time in the mood play swetty games every game. When I do I play ranked.

@Postums
Having a few issues with MMC multiplayer.

The first one is BTB on Halo 4. I personally prefer playing BTB on Halo 4 only, however when I select this (and untick all other Halo games/game modes), I am unable to find anyone else playing Halo 4 BTB. If I select all Halo games, it seems to always be a Halo 3 game I connect to. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Another one is banning people after they quit once. I have been disconnected several times from games when my internet connection is fine, or been the only one in my team vs several other players and have quit as this is a waste of time and pointless continuing. To then make punish people when they are clearly several bugs in multiplayer doesn't seem fair.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  • ROCKET RACE
Absolutely. My issue is that out of CE, 2C, 2A, 3, and 4, my least favorite is 3. (Unpopular opinion maybe) But I would like to play for something competitive other than 3.
My 12 hour ban (I think it's actually 16 hour right?) has been finished today but unluckily my first game back has disconnected me despite perfect Internet. I'm sure this is a bug on the servers as it happens in bursts and has been noted by others here and not just me. Sadly here it's happening again right after my 12 hour ban.

So on the suggestion of someone else here I'm to film a clip of what happens when I disconnect and post it in this thread. Hope it helps.

I'm waiting for the 15 minute ban I just got to run down and will film the next game I play. If the bug does what it does it will 100% disconnect me from the game and tell me I lost connection to xbox live around 75 percent through the game. After this I will be rebanned and the cycle should continue. Keep in mind I have perfect connection to xbox live. I play sea of theives between these bans.

Video coming soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDNtcwKMbs&feature=youtu.be

How do I make this above link clickable?

Here is the video of the bug that disconnects you from a game even with perfect Internet and gets you banned. Nothing insightful I guess. Additional info is that I'm in the UK. This bug happens at any time of day. I was connected to the east US 2 server I think. Actual bug happens at 5 mins into vid. But whole video shows me start game to disconnection.

The video is an unbroken take and I filmed it with one hand and played with the other that's why I sort of walk around and die throughout the game. At the start of the vid I was a minute away from my first ban being over so that's why I don't get into a game right away.

!! Side note that might interest. I was playing Halo 2 whilst waiting for the video to upload and it gave the 'you've lost connection to xbox live' message halfway through a level and near the end of the level with the whole game crashing right after both times. Thankfully checkpoints saved me there as I was going for par time. Both these crashes during the campaign after the lost connection message could be related to the multi player disconnections maybe?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11