Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - May 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  • I have spent literally over an hour waiting to match in a H2C Team Hardcore game. Not a single game. Same thing last night, for half an hour. If it really is that no one is playing it, please show a player count (both in my region and worldwide, like an earlier commenter suggested) so I know that no one is playing it and I won't waste my time.
  • Agree that it's really annoying that after unlocking nameplates you can't see how it was unlocked.
  • Please add Halo CE 4v4 ranked playlist.
  • An 8v8 ranked playlist would be wonderful.
  • ROCKET RACE
That’s what happens when 343 makes a playlist that quite literally nobody asked for. This is the 2nd go around for H2c hardcore, the first time it was dropped because nobody played it, now this time 343 removed arena and made hardcore the only ranked playlist. 343 thought t would be a good idea to bring hardcore back again for a 2nd even though it was removed before due to low population, nobody asked for this as a playlist and this is why nobody can find games.
It's the same across all ranked playlists right now the population is very low. Once the Composer hit and people could dictate what they want to play the ranked playlist populations dropped. That and when the rank resets happened a lot of people didn't bother regaining their rank again. The other reason is currently if your below a 30 in any ranked playlist you'll match with people within 9 ranks of your own, before a 50 could match a 1. Now everyone in the high teens or low 20's is stuck matching the same people and they are all realistically a higher rank then listed and so close skill wise your rank is stuck in neutral turning people away from ranked do to the low population.
It's also because they put objective games in every ranked playlist, and then took away the ability to vote against it.
Objective has always been part of Ranked Playlists, besides FFA and 2's since 2001. If people that are adults are so uptight playing an objective ranked game in H2 or H3 then the Composer is solution. Objective games are just a more advanced Slayer Gametype.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Im not sure if anyone else notices, but sometimes the game chat in MCC on xbox does not work. Party chat will be fine, and your mic is working great, but for some reason chat is basically disabled. This issue happens on and off.
Here is a video from Tommy Kost showing that you can still dodge games and he also shows the game puts you on a extra server adding extra latency to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8cfF3qzwM
EU Tripper wrote:
Here is a video from Tommy Kost showing that you can still dodge games and he also shows the game puts you on a extra server adding extra latency to the game
They've already been working on the dodging issue. Link.

Quote:
Once the rules are updated this will allow us to punish those dodging during the matchmaking process and will enforce a quit ban to them on completion of the match they quit out of.
Is it possible for you guys to reduce the weighting for the Sandbox map variants in Halo 3's BTB? It's all I play at this point. I don't know how people enjoy playing these maps, if a team is somewhat competent with the Warthog it becomes an absolute slaughter and the variants aren't remotely enjoyable at all even if the Warthog is taken out. Give me Valhalla, Avalanche, Rats Nest and Sandtrap any day over this trash pls.
Teammates still not being kicked for being afk, happens constantly in the Halo 3 MCS 2v2 playlist. Decided to stop playing for now, too many issues ruining competitive halo for me
  • I have spent literally over an hour waiting to match in a H2C Team Hardcore game. Not a single game. Same thing last night, for half an hour. If it really is that no one is playing it, please show a player count (both in my region and worldwide, like an earlier commenter suggested) so I know that no one is playing it and I won't waste my time.
  • Agree that it's really annoying that after unlocking nameplates you can't see how it was unlocked.
  • Please add Halo CE 4v4 ranked playlist.
  • An 8v8 ranked playlist would be wonderful.
  • ROCKET RACE
That’s what happens when 343 makes a playlist that quite literally nobody asked for. This is the 2nd go around for H2c hardcore, the first time it was dropped because nobody played it, now this time 343 removed arena and made hardcore the only ranked playlist. 343 thought t would be a good idea to bring hardcore back again for a 2nd even though it was removed before due to low population, nobody asked for this as a playlist and this is why nobody can find games.
It's the same across all ranked playlists right now the population is very low. Once the Composer hit and people could dictate what they want to play the ranked playlist populations dropped. That and when the rank resets happened a lot of people didn't bother regaining their rank again. The other reason is currently if your below a 30 in any ranked playlist you'll match with people within 9 ranks of your own, before a 50 could match a 1. Now everyone in the high teens or low 20's is stuck matching the same people and they are all realistically a higher rank then listed and so close skill wise your rank is stuck in neutral turning people away from ranked do to the low population.
It's also because they put objective games in every ranked playlist, and then took away the ability to vote against it.
Objective has always been part of Ranked Playlists, besides FFA and 2's since 2001. If people that are adults are so uptight playing an objective ranked game in H2 or H3 then the Composer is solution. Objective games are just a more advanced Slayer Gametype.
It has, and team objective always had one of the lowest populations. Ranked team slayer has always been the top playlist on live. And people that want ranked slayer are most likely just playing social instead, which is part of the reason the ranked population outside h3 is in a tough spot.
This is the only thing that could potentially help the playlist. However, I don't think a H2C hardcore playlist will ever retain a sustainable population unfortunately. I understand why 343 chose to remove ranked H2C Arena and introduce H2C hardcore, as they're keeping the casual settings in the match composer and the hardcore settings in the "competitive" playlist section to avoid population splits. When the game comes to PC, H2C might no longer have a population issue but right now the population isn't high enough to support ranked 4v4. I don't think the population is high enough to support ranked 8 player FFA either as I Steal Toilets is suggesting. Given this, 343 should replace H2C hardcore and create a new ranked H2C doubles playlist with settings that caters to the majority (slayer only, and radar turned on). Getting a game at higher ranks would be much more likely since you'd need just 4 players to get a match, vs. 8.
REALLY disappointing that competitive H2A only has three maps. Can we please get a couple of forge maps added? Ideally, if we could get 3 more added. That way there is the same amount of competitive maps as H3. Honestly, you can remake some maps from other games. I think Onslaught would work very well with H2A. What would be even cooler is some maps from H5, like Colesium. Granted, will be difficult to replicate some of the skill jumps in colesium in H2A, but I still think it would be cool.

Conclusion: Please add forge maps to competitive H2A. Three is not enough.
Really hate to see teams of 3 matching solo queued players; especially in Hardcore.
Remove Tundra from matchmaking entirely please. It’s the worst map ever, and that’s not an exaggeration.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
EU Tripper wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8cfF3qzwM
343 can we please get a response/feedback to this video? People are nailing 343 to the wall on this stuff and they're giving us radio silence.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11