Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - May 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
Betrayals are for more damaging to the experience than quitting. Please hold people accountable for killing their teammates. It happens in every single game. It was never this bad in old Halo. Can y’all please do something about it? 🥺

Edit: Sounded demanding and fixed it.
Brandabs wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
Here is a video from Tommy Kost showing that you can still dodge games and he also shows the game puts you on a extra server adding extra latency to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8cfF3qzwM
343 can we please get a response/feedback to this video? People are nailing 343 to the wall on this stuff and they're giving us radio silence.
Doubt it, I’ve brought up these issues in every monthly feedback thread for 6+ months now and I’ve never got a response, if they can’t or won’t fix them at least let us know
Brandabs wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
Here is a video from Tommy Kost showing that you can still dodge games and he also shows the game puts you on a extra server adding extra latency to the game

343 can we please get a response/feedback to this video? People are nailing 343 to the wall on this stuff and they're giving us radio silence.
I've watched the video, talked with various players, and am investigating it with the team around the IP that is blocked in that video.

Dodge Bans are also incoming in the near future as we have stated previously.
Postums wrote:
Brandabs wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

I've watched the video, talked with various players, and am investigating it with the team around the IP that is blocked in that video.

A genuine thank you for responding and following up on it. Hit detection has been a concern of mine (lots of unconnected shots) and seeing a potential relay is rather concerning- especially when a couple members of my typical party are Australian.
Can y'all do something about h3 hit detection again? Like maybe use the old MLG settings to improve the time and chance to kill? I suggest this cause I know bungie hardcoded the engine to prioritize equipment and grenades over the guns (who thought that was good is insane) and could halo 2 get tombstone put into the btb playlist finally? I mean seriously its a less "blue team gets destroyed" version of hang em high, it not being in the list makes as much sense as death island being only in non btb game types like in the beginning

My final request is could you make heavies its own category for at least 3 of the games? I know alot more folks would play just that
Postums wrote:
Brandabs wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:

Sweet, thanks! What about the issues we’re still having with ghost melees in H2c/h3 (what I was referring to in my reply to brandabs, I thought he was quoting a different linked vid)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MCC Halo CE

1. Screen tearing happening during big explosions from Grenades and Rockets. Is this being looked at?

2. Are we looking into implementing original sounds for Halo CE? Having the option to change between original reloading and melee sounds would be amazing!

3. Are we looking at implementing the ability to mute sounds when people spawn so people can actually be sneaky? Right now you spawn and you can hear the gun sound when people spawn close to you on the map.
When we presented Mayhem, we had 1 Flag Assault on Longest and 1 Flag CTF on Rat Race. Neither made the cut, and were replaced with two Slayer gametypes (Longest and Derelict), that I can *guarantee* will play poorly. We tested Derelict TS. It was really bad. I can't imagine Longest TS will be any better, given that it's already one of the worst 4v4 gametypes. Why was this done, why were we not told about the planned changes, and how soon can it get rectified?
More maps for Halo 2 remastered please. Just getting back into Halo, and H2 remastered and H4 are beast.
Agreed, would like to see a couple more maps in H2 Anniversary, I know all the maps don't work for 4v4 but I would really like to play some more of the remastered levels in ranked. Capture the flag on Stonetown would be great and slayer there too of course. I get if the community gave feedback they didn't like some levels as much but why not just give them a lower weight rather than removing them from the playlist completely? 3 map playlist lacks variety, seems like I play warlord every game.
ShotAces wrote:
REALLY disappointing that competitive H2A only has three maps. Can we please get a couple of forge maps added? Ideally, if we could get 3 more added. That way there is the same amount of competitive maps as H3. Honestly, you can remake some maps from other games. I think Onslaught would work very well with H2A. What would be even cooler is some maps from H5, like Colesium. Granted, will be difficult to replicate some of the skill jumps in colesium in H2A, but I still think it would be cool.

Conclusion: Please add forge maps to competitive H2A. Three is not enough.
Why not just have Zenith, lockdown, Remnant, stonetown, warlord, and shrine in H2A ranked? They have enough maps to not need community made maps, they have just chosen to only have 3 in the playlist, I know it is probably due to community feedback on the other maps but it seems like a mistake.
  • I have spent literally over an hour waiting to match in a H2C Team Hardcore game. Not a single game. Same thing last night, for half an hour. If it really is that no one is playing it, please show a player count (both in my region and worldwide, like an earlier commenter suggested) so I know that no one is playing it and I won't waste my time.
  • An 8v8 ranked playlist would be wonderful.
I have been wishing for BTB ranked to come back for a long time. I love a slightly more serious version of BTB, people actually try for objectives and it's great! IDK if player population can allow it on Xbox right now but I'm going to keep holding onto the dream for PC.
H4 Spartan Ops Issue:

Chapter 3 Episode 1 (Catherine, the VIP)

I am currently stuck at 98% for the smooth operator achievement (all ops solo legendary)

My issue is this: Once I reach the end of the episode, the pelican arrives as normal, I get the mission complete message and the screen turns black....but then NOTHING. The level won't end and I have to quit. I can move, run, shoot etc despite the level being over, although I can't see myself!
Doing the level in co-op works fine. I have even tried on easy, normal, and heroic solo, but still won't end the mission.
Has anyone encountered this or have any suggestions. It's starting to really p*ss me off. I have 3 cheevos left, this being 1 of them, stuck at 98%
Cheers.

EDIT: Tried again after the May 18th Community update and was FINALLY able to finish the mission first attempt. I now have my achievement. My prayers have been answered. Many, many thanks !
The new update fixing matchmaking lag works wonders! Completely removed all lag that I was experiencing.

I have some feedback relating to the composer matchmaking in MCC (more of a request, but still)

Back in the older Halos (Say, Halo 3), the matchmaking allowed you to voice chat with people while waiting for the game to start. I miss dearly the chatting with the people while waiting for voting to finish (that's another thing, bring back map voting!). A lot of the fun times I've had playing halo was chatting with random people online, and halo just doesn't have that. I feel compelled to play halo 3 and reach on the old 360 just to have that same feeling, but the there's just not enough people supporting the game anymore.

Keep up the good work Dev team, and I look forward to your oncoming updates!
The Master Crash Collection
Those ghost lunges have happened so much and have costed me games. They need to fix that already
we really need a 4v4 Halo ce ranked playlist
I also hope you put some crazy temporary playlists in rank like btb or Super Fiesta
remake Breakout in mcc halo3 or halo2A is also a good idea
I'm getting disconnected and banned because of it despite perfect Internet. Games work perfectly except about half way through when I'm removed and banned because apparently I've lost connection to xbox live when I haven't. I keep getting bans up to 12 hours long. Love playing 1-4 but this bug is killing it for me.
Posted about this in other threads as I can't find the official 343 support forum. Anyone know an email or something I can use?
This exact issue just started happening to me too. A week ago I was fine, but now every game I search 8v8, 4v4... Doesn't matter I seem to be at risk of getting booted out of the loading screen when my load bar is slowly loading up. It always kicks me out at about 75% loaded. My guess is the server it's trying to connect me too, Because my internet is perfect. I checked my ping across the most common servers I connect to being east us 2 and central Central and both are good, so why am I having this issue?? It doesn't even register me on the scoreboard for the rest of the people that got to play the game so it doesn't make sense when I get the banned message afterwards.

This is a very new issue for me as someone who plays Halo 3 mcc regularly, so I hope it can be fixed.
Brandabs wrote:
Hi! I encountered this issue and can't tell if it's an isolated incident or something that could be a problem for other players.

While I was playing a match earlier, it seemed like the server itself shut down since everyone was disconnected (here's a couple GIFs and a screenshot that show what happened). For some reason, though, I still received a matchmaking ban. No clue if this happened to everyone in the game, but I thought it was worth reporting just in case.
This has happened to at least 4 or 5 of my friends in the last week. We'll be loading a game of BTB and then 1-2 people will get dropped from time to time (then receiving quit bans from it). There is no way this consistency is being caused by you and the other players. Absolutely unbelievable that they have this extra harsh quit ban policy in place but also can't guarantee the game even loads properly. I just can't believe a company runs this way.

Edit: this has just happened to me 2 minutes ago, after it also happened to another person in my party. Game crashed. Am now banned. My team is now down 2 people. What on earth 343? Seriously?
Couldn't agree more. My only hope is that because this problem isn't even a week old, hopefully it will get fixed quickly before it becomes an issue for every player. Otherwise the Halo universe is doomed.
<p></p>
Love the Mayhem playlists please add all Maps please!!!!!!! So if people don’t want to play those maps on regular btb they are available in Fiesta or Oddball or Mayhem!! Boarding Action and Cheron Tl 34 need some love!!!!
veganpork wrote:
Love the Mayhem playlists please add all Maps please!!!!!!! So if people don’t want to play those maps on regular btb they are available in Fiesta or Oddball or Mayhem!! Boarding Action and Cheron Tl 34 need some love!!!!
veganpork,

Hard Way and I conceptualized the Mayhem playlist (although 343 altered it) so we have some perspective on choosing gametypes for it. Many of the gametypes for other maps simply do not play as well as expected for 8v8. For example, we thought reverse tag on derelict was going to be amazing, but it was pure trash. So many of your favorite gametypes do not extend as well to 8v8 as you'd think. It is my personal hope that 343 will fix the playlist in accordance to our original suggestions, let us perform some more playtests, and implement more gametypes in the future. Who knows what will be next for it though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ShotAces wrote:
REALLY disappointing that competitive H2A only has three maps. Can we please get a couple of forge maps added? Ideally, if we could get 3 more added. That way there is the same amount of competitive maps as H3. Honestly, you can remake some maps from other games. I think Onslaught would work very well with H2A. What would be even cooler is some maps from H5, like Colesium. Granted, will be difficult to replicate some of the skill jumps in colesium in H2A, but I still think it would be cool.

Conclusion: Please add forge maps to competitive H2A. Three is not enough.
Why not just have Zenith, lockdown, Remnant, stonetown, warlord, and shrine in H2A ranked? They have enough maps to not need community made maps, they have just chosen to only have 3 in the playlist, I know it is probably due to community feedback on the other maps but it seems like a mistake.
Zenith, Remnant, and Stonetown are way to asymmetrical and unbalanced. They are symmetrical enough for Social, but definitely not enough for competitive. Some maps manage to be asymmetrical and balanced (E.g. Guardian and Lockdown), but Stonetown, Zenith, and Remnant fail to do so. Lockdown is in the competitive playlist last I checked. Warlord is just too small. It's nearly impossible to spawn without a grenade in your face.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11