Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - May 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
DONT TAKE AWAY Halo Mayhem Maps JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ON HERE IS A BABY!!!!! 👶 🍼 just add more stuff! Thank you! Don’t listen to these entitled KIDS crying about an awesome game!!
The Master Crash Collection
Wow, I hope 343 watches that video, those ghost melees are in H2 too
Halo ce as well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So is this it for MCC? Just weekly playlist updates until it launches on PC?
It's kind of nice having So many playlist across most of the games. I will report any bugs if I find any!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
On a number of occasions so far this month, I've loaded into a H2A 4v4 objective game, get past the loading screen, but then the game crashes and I have to restart. Not the biggest issue, but it's happened more frequently then I'd prefer.
Squad Slaye should back when Reach release
Shadowrend wrote:
I really enjoy MMC but I am currently banned for 2 months for quitting a game of social I am absolutely gutted and feeling rather annoyed.
Two months? That’s absurd. This ban nonsense needs to be totally reworked. People have to quit games sometimes, either because something irl requires their attention or because they aren’t in the mood for an eternal 1v4 match. If 343 would just let players drop in and out of in-progress matches like every other game out there, there would be no issue.

At least allow people to quit a handful of games a day. Banning someone from playing the game for using a function built into the game itself is ludicrous.
Couldn't agree more. The amount of buggy games or uneven games (1 vs 4 etc) is mental and getting punished for leaving is ridiculous.
Xbox one x w/ SSD external disconnects from game while in custom games. Playing in LAN mode with 5 other different Xbox ones from OG to X. We play a variety of different game types within the custom games across all of the Halo games present. If I host I don't have this issue. If anyone else hosts then it happens repeatedly. Our group also reports having the after match report screen freeze up. The guide button for the Xbox works fine, its just the results screen. Is there a performance setting that can be adjusted to fix this? We are using a Netgear router, hardwired to an external 8 port gigbit switch, which is then connected to the Xboxes by cat5 cable at a minimum.
Love the FFA playlist. Leave it on for longer!
I just wanted to point this out really briefly. This is a video of someone with a 50 in every ranked playlist in MCC before this overhaul update.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMpWOGXR0ug
very impressive actually BUT also realize... He was able to find people in every list... EVERY RANKED LIST! halo CE 2v2, halo2c, halo2a, halo3, halo4, and team doubles and hardcore (WHICH WERE CROSSPLAY). He was able to find enough players and find enough games to get to a 50 in EVERY game! All we needed right there was ranked crossplay FFA literally and it wouldev been the most balanced perfect ranked playlists selection. Maybe a ranked crossplay slayer list or ranked big team but FFA was literally the only list missing! Now after this overhaul update, I've only been able to find games in H3 arena and H3 hardcore and H3 doubles! I wanna play another ranked halo playlist!! I miss the old formula and now you guys know you can have a ranked FFA playlist!! Please let us know why the population is being affected in such a way and hopefully fix ranked please.
<p></p> Hello, excuse me, I have a problem with the MCC ranked multiplayer. I am a French player and when I do a search to launch a game in classified mode it finds me no game and whatever the game mode! Is that normal? However I have no problem finding social games and or even games on Halo 5 and my internet connection works very well!
Brandabs wrote:
Hi! I encountered this issue and can't tell if it's an isolated incident or something that could be a problem for other players.

While I was playing a match earlier, it seemed like the server itself shut down since everyone was disconnected (here's a couple GIFs and a screenshot that show what happened). For some reason, though, I still received a matchmaking ban. No clue if this happened to everyone in the game, but I thought it was worth reporting just in case.
This has happened to at least 4 or 5 of my friends in the last week. We'll be loading a game of BTB and then 1-2 people will get dropped from time to time (then receiving quit bans from it). There is no way this consistency is being caused by you and the other players. Absolutely unbelievable that they have this extra harsh quit ban policy in place but also can't guarantee the game even loads properly. I just can't believe a company runs this way.

Edit: this has just happened to me 2 minutes ago, after it also happened to another person in my party. Game crashed. Am now banned. My team is now down 2 people. What on earth 343? Seriously?
I do believe this needs to be addressed and the penalty perhaps be laxed for people that are disconnected on the loading screen. I play with the same guys all the time and two of them often disconnect loading in and leads to a matchmaking ban that we all have to wait for them to clear. It happens to me occasionally but not near as often as it does to them. This is going to hurt the population.
Okey it took me 3 months to even take the time to write this.
Im so tired of all ways play on an NA server. Please 343 make it 50/50 chance. The worst thing is when we are 3 people in a lobby and the fourth is an american and he still wins the lottery for some how... And they don't even get that their server is the worst......
I just don't understand why MCC hasn't adopted TrueSkill Through Time as of yet?

Keep the current visual ranking system in place, but give it the backbone of a much more precise skill system.
I'm a bit disappointed that they still haven't updated the infection playlists.

When can we expect the weightings to be adjusted? It seems so simple, surely they can give braaaains priority? It's what the vast majority of people prefer.
I'm sorry but Halo 1's hit registration/bullet magnetism is completely broken. It's a mess. The Mayhem playlist is truly good, chaotic fun but it's kinda annoying when you keep getting stomped but can't 4 shot anybody because the registration mysteriously doesn't work for me. I have bullets legitametly curve away from the player and I've seen players take 6 shots to the head while they turn around and 4 shot me no problem. It's really annoying and part of the reason why I stick to Halo 2/3 (which hurts because CE's BTB maps are some of the best in the series imo)
eLantern wrote:
I just don't understand why MCC hasn't adopted TrueSkill Through Time as of yet?

Keep the current visual ranking system in place, but give it the backbone of a much more precise skill system.
It's not as simple as just "adopting" it. It took the team working on Halo 5 a long time to get TS2 implemented into the game and they've been tweaking ever since.
stckrboy wrote:
eLantern wrote:

It's not as simple as just "adopting" it. It took the team working on Halo 5 a long time to get TS2 implemented into the game and they've been tweaking ever since.
I'm aware that it's not just as simple as "adopting" it, but given the success of TTT I find it peculiar that there's been no announcement of the intention to adopt it thus far. And had the team begun the overhaul of MCC with the intention of adopting it, it certainly could have progressed to a point of possible inclusion by now or at least shareable news with regards to its implementation. I guess that's where I'm coming from when I say, "...as of yet". I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I see this as a key area for quality matchmaking long-term and hope it doesn't get by-passed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11