Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - November

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
I was playing the CE Arena playlist and Blood Gulch CTF never came up.
Hopefully this comes back, I believe 343's aware of this. It went away when TS games were temporarily bumped to 100 in MM in the CE arena Playlist.
When is the match composer coming out?
Hopefully this comes back, I believe 343's aware of this. It went away when TS games were temporarily bumped to 100 in MM in the CE arena Playlist.
I think the gametype was removed because it had a really high quit rate. Hopefully with the new quit/ ban rules in place we will see the gametype added back into the playlist.
Please make a ranked FFA playlist that includes multiple halo titles it’s something that has been requested by many many players for months upon months now and it boggles my mind as to why there isn’t a playlist like this yet. We didn’t want a social 8 player halo 3 only lone wolves playlist and the population of that playlist shows that because it’s one of the least played playlists.

Thanks
Please make a ranked FFA playlist that includes multiple halo titles it’s something that has been requested by many many players for months upon months now and it boggles my mind as to why there isn’t a playlist like this yet. We didn’t want a social 8 player halo 3 only lone wolves playlist and the population of that playlist shows that because it’s one of the least played playlists.

Thanks
The problem with a ranked cross game Playlist is you will get people that quit if they don't like the game that is selected. In addition putting a rank on a cross game playlists is a bad idea since most people are good at one game and not good in another which messes up their rank, this happened with Team Hardcore in the old MCC Build where Halo 2 and 3 were in the same Playlist and it was ranked. FFA cross game is best left as a social playlist( will be in the Composer) or Customs.
Title: Halo 4 Multiplayer

Issue: Game appears to be the launch build, not the refined and tuned variant that the 360 version has been for years. The map variants(vehicle and weapon spawns) as well as the weapon characteristics are obviously the launch forms. The Battle Rifle rate of fire is noticeably faster, confirmed by stopwatch test between the 360 and MCC versions. I'm sure there are other inconsistencies but haven't spent the time to seek them out. Also, the Champions DLC, including the Infinity Armor Pack content is STILL missing from the game. Even the ability to change your visor color from the oddly default red lens would be a nice touch. I love a lot about the H4 experience on MCC but if we are expected to abandon the 360 community/our service records to migrate over to MCC permanently we should at least be able to play the game as it is today. Not the version from Fall of 2012.

I eagerly await the match composer push to the masses and appreciate the progress over the last couple months to make MCC better. Just kinda stinks that Halo 4 has had a fragmented experience since the beginning and what seems like no attention thereafter.
When is the match composer coming out?
Yea i agree. Isnt it supposed to be out?
The Halo CE multiplayer ranked on duo maps 'Chill Out' and 'Prisoner', are rarely ever randomly selected, I can confirm this as I have played at least 50 games on this playlist with my brother. I suspect the scripting has played up here, I know that when scripting for something to occur randomly it doesn't quite do its job, even when nothing seems wrong.
HALO: ALL GAMES

ISSUE: RANKED PLAYLISTS ARE BROKEN

REPRO STEPS: Please fix. Everytime I boot the game from my Xbox One dashboard, most of the playlists are scrambled and voting doesn't work...
ISSUE:

Party lobby freezes/lags with extreme delay when I am not the host.

DETAILS:

Observed usually in Custom Games but has been seen in campaign lobbies too. While the party leader is changing settings/maps, I do not see the changes being made as they occur. The host can then start the game and load the map while I still see the lobby screen, or even the scoreboard from the previous match. Everything appears locked up, and I cannot leave the lobby or do anything in-game. I am still able to access the Xbox Home menu, and things associated with that. Eventually I will be kicked to my own lobby by myself. If it is a co-op campaign game, my parter(s) will see a "player has lost connection" error. If it is a custom game, no errors are seen and I can join right back into the lobby. This issue will then repeat itself after the game is over.

My NAT is set to Moderate and I do not have the ability to change it at this time. My friends do not have this issue if I host the lobby, and their NATs are Open so I can only assume that this is a probable cause for this issue. My XB1 is also one of the original models which came with MCC, if that perhaps matters.

REPRO STEPS:
  1. With a NAT setting on Moderate, join a friend's lobby from the Roster menu
  2. Have them load into the Custom Game menu
  3. Have party host change maps, gametypes/etc fairly quickly, then start the game
  4. Observe you do not see the settings changing, or game starting
  5. If issue does not occur, have host end the game and repeat step 3
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic(Can apply to all titles as well.)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The ability to change teams when in a custom game. Last time I checked this still couldn’t be done, it makes playing h2c zombies impossible and just general team balancing hard.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
This game's hit detection is still absolute booty cheeks in Halo 1 and 2. You have players that lag around/zig zag around the map and take an entire clip to bring their shield down, only to have them turn around and 4 shot you. It's absolutely infuriating. And the quit problem is still as rampant as ever. Any Halo 1 game has atleast 2 quitters from the get go, and forget playing any sort of CTF since almost every single player will quit out of that. It's just ridiculous, it makes me not even want to play the game anymore.
Sooo H2 doubles or....
DSErrt wrote:
This game's hit detection is still absolute booty cheeks in Halo 1 and 2. You have players that lag around/zig zag around the map and take an entire clip to bring their shield down, only to have them turn around and 4 shot you.
Yeah, I noticed this as well. So many times I'll point blank shotgun someone in CE when I know they don't have OS and they just stare at me like nothing happened.
HALO: ALL GAMES

ISSUE: RANKED PLAYLISTS ARE BROKEN

REPRO STEPS: Please fix. Everytime I boot the game from my Xbox One dashboard, most of the playlists are scrambled and voting doesn't work...
Voting got removed with the 70 GB patch. What do you mean by scrambled?

• MCC HALO GAME: seems to be all
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Xbox live multiplayer is laggy
  • REPRO STEPS: play multiplayer on-line
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: sometimes I get an error about high ping times but when I check I'm always in the low 30s, Xbox network info says 0 packet loss connected over ac wireless on gigabit cable Internet
Game: Halo 2 Classic
Issue: new button combo that did not exist on original H2 or on MCC before the update
Repro steps: the combo is RBX (SHOOT + MELEE + RELOAD). With a Battle Rifle that DOES NOT have a full clip, press R and B basically at the same time. There should only be a melee animation and no shots fired.. Now do it again, but press X right after. You will melee and then fire. It is a new instakill combo and its fairly OP.
Additional Info: It is NOT a BXR or an RRBX.
TripOG wrote:
  • MCC HALO GAME: seems to be all
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Xbox live multiplayer is laggy
  • REPRO STEPS: play multiplayer on-line
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: sometimes I get an error about high ping times but when I check I'm always in the low 30s, Xbox network info says 0 packet loss connected over ac wireless on gigabit cable Internet
Well there you got your issue. What you are describing is perfectly normal for Wifi. You can try changing your Wifi Channel to see if this is caused by another network using the same as yours or moving your Xbox closer to the router. However, for online play you should really use a cable connection. With Wifi you'll always get fluctuations like that.

Game: Halo 2 Classic
Issue: new button combo that did not exist on original H2 or on MCC before the update
Repro steps: the combo is RBX (SHOOT + MELEE + RELOAD). With a Battle Rifle that DOES NOT have a full clip, press R and B basically at the same time. There should only be a melee animation and no shots fired.. Now do it again, but press X right after. You will melee and then fire. It is a new instakill combo and its fairly OP.
Additional Info: It is NOT a BXR or an RRBX.
Just tried this and can confirm. This is definetly new. And it's as easy to do as a normal BXR, I got it on first try with your instructions. This is definitely game changing, though so are the original button glitches. I don't know how I feel about it. Not being able to BXR after firing is a major part of H2C close quarter combat and this changes it drastically. I'd reckon this has something to do with the changes they made to adjust the weapon firing rate to be on par with the original 30 fps version.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18