Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - November

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 18
H3 doubles I take back the positive comment from earlier .The server connection is great as well as the filtering system. However we have played for 8 hours today and lost 4 games, and have played several with only melees and grenades to make itisomewhat interesting. It's impossible to get in the mood to try hard when you do find a decent game 1/10 times .these were great adjustments just in the wrong place. They should be applied to ranked so that people are matched properly, or doubles should be returned to ranked .this is an unplayable unfun version of this game .We definitely won't be playing this going forward if this is a long term deal .Almost nailed it, but actually way worse for people who play doubles or who enjoy competition in their competitive online multiplayer games .
Doubles is ranked my man
Nope .They removed doubles, but kept hard core doubles .
My feedback is as follows:
I love the match composer! For the first time in (what feels like years) I've been able to play some Halo 2 Anniversary Big Team Battle. Can't tell you how much I missed that. I love all the H2A BTB maps so it's a pleasure to have an easy way to play them (luckily population is good enough for this).
However, I will say this; MCC is in need of more variety within these social offerings. For example: Action Sack. Now I'll be talking primarily about H3 and H2A but this is applicable to H4 as well. Action Sack for Halo 3 is quite bland, with the exception of Team Sumo and Dodgeball.
I think adding Rocket Race, Tug of War, Pit of Lies, Run for Cover, Fiesta, etc, would not only revitalize the fun to be had within Action Sack but bring MCC closer to the original game. I don't see any reason for these to be excluded. This leads me to my next point. Bring some community creations into matchmaking. For Halo 3, the variants I just listed might suffice for a more enjoyable Action Sack, but I don't see why custom games can't be thrown into the mix (ex. Monster Jam, Duck Hunt, etc.). I know that the Custom Games Browser will be added eventually, but then at the very least add the gametypes and maps that were present in 360 H3 to complete the variety. Though I don't think the Custom Games Browser should be used as an excuse to not add something as fun as Duck Hunt and Monster Jam into Action Sack (because why not; they're arguably more fun and wacky than something lame like Team Swords or Punchout).
This goes for Halo 2 Anniversary as well. Add Team Sumo, Musical Chairs, Basketball (all made by TurbTastic). Gungoose CTF has always been an excellent addition. My point is take full advantage of H2A's forge capabilities and the huge amount of remakes and original creations in MCC. For infection, you could add Butcher Box by CommanderColson into H2A infection (because if I am to be honest, current H2A infection isn't the best). These are all great options but they're certainly not all of them.
Also, I think one of the most important suggestions I can possibly offer: Increase Private File amount to over 50 (that's just way too low).
Also, H3 maps, gametags:
rustyfiles
rustyfiles2
rustyfiles3
RustyNa1lz
Faulk Smash
Gnarllama
-----------------------------------------------
I think TurbTastic and ChewyNutCluster got some of the best offerings for H2A action sack.
Oh and add buthcerbox to infection. Map is just way too good looking and plays amazing.
what is the reason the servers got no ip masking ???
I’ve been hit offline quite a few times as well. So why don’t we have IP masking? And will we be getting it?
Not questions that I can answer I'm afraid
Having spoken to a lot of my friends from the U.K and EU, mainly Holland, Germany, Italy and Norway. We all seem to still have awful connectivity, even worse then before the update and so called return of dedicated servers. The same bugs of being shot around walls, double throwing nades/all nades in inventory, players teleporting, bad hit reg, shot delay. It's game breaking. It's barely playable. It's not connection dependent as there is too many people suffering the same issues and all other new gen games run super smoothly with no issues.

We all only play H3 on MCC. So i'm not sure if this is strictly an issue with this variant, but it seems to get worse with each variant. Issues seem to be a lot less frequent if we are in a party of 4 U.K/EU players searching for games.

With the new updates, the idling players bug is still an issue. If we experience a long search time, usually a few player will get kicked or the search will refuse to find a game, so we restart the search to be told players are idling.

The default settings for the controls are no longer the same. What was default on OG H3 and H3 on MCC is not the same as the default on the new system. It's taken a lot of games and fiddling to get it to feel remotely similar to what we were all used to. There is also a glitch where if you drop you dead zoning to zero, you can marginally increase movement speed, allowing you to walk and especially strafe faster. At first I thought I was just being not used to the settings, but after playing around I realised you do in fact move faster - too many years of MLG and TS timing rotations to know I shouldn't be able to get to certain places off spawn that faster or to new hills. Don't judge me, I had too much free time before University.

I'm just looking for some feedback as to whether the connectivity issues is something that has been noted by 343i and potentially something they'd be looking to address or not. I ended up re-purchasing this game just before the big patch in the hope it would run smoothly, but it's still been a huge disappointment. I just wanna play H3 TS with good connection D:

Edit: I forgot to mention the melees. Dear god the melees... unless you press the button 30 seconds before you need to melee someone, it won't work. It will make the animation and hit sound but does no damage. This is in every game, without fail. It's ridiculous.

Out of curiosity to anyone having similar problems, which xbox do you have? I just want to play H3 and if it's due to the older consoles, i'm tempted to upgrade. Although I shouldn't have to pay even more money to play a game that's been broken for 4.5 years :/
It's weird, since yesterday I had a plenty of laggy games. But what is worse is that I disconnected already 2 times today. This had not happened for atleast 1-2 months, so I don't know whats that about. (There's nothing wrong with my Internet, I immedatiely checked my connection after the DC's) and Xbox Live was also still working, so I assume that I lagged out of the game.)
Halo 3 is currently in it's worst state.

Melee's just fail to register 95% of the time. Sniper headshots either don't count or will count as a body shot. Battle Rifle bursts fail to register when the shots are clearly hitting the target. Shooting through walls is a massive issue at the moment.

Spawning issues need to be addressed. I thought it was just Lone Wolves which had these awful spawns where you'd spawn right next to somebody but it's happened in team games too. I was playing Hardcore yesterday and for God know's what reason, I was in a BR battle in top blue on Guardian and an enemy player spawned right in front of me, resulting in me losing the fight and a bit of my patience. I want this game to succeed but it's little things like this that make the game less enjoyable and more tedious to play.
Love alot of the changes that has been done to this game! alot of people coming back to play. I love how you can choose what you want to play in the social some halo 2 and H2A FFA would be amazing you can choose FFA in the social stuff but its all infection if no categories for ranked FFA in H2 and H2A then at least maybe something in the social. Thanks :) my buddies have dusted off the xbox and came back as well, good job 343. Also more OBJ availability in 2v2 and 1v1 social H2 H2A
A ranked 1v1 game type would be cool (:
mattp7 wrote:
Having spoken to a lot of my friends from the U.K and EU, mainly Holland, Germany, Italy and Norway. We all seem to still have awful connectivity, even worse then before the update and so called return of dedicated servers. The same bugs of being shot around walls, double throwing nades/all nades in inventory, players teleporting, bad hit reg, shot delay. It's game breaking. It's barely playable. It's not connection dependent as there is too many people suffering the same issues and all other new gen games run super smoothly with no issues.

We all only play H3 on MCC. So i'm not sure if this is strictly an issue with this variant, but it seems to get worse with each variant. Issues seem to be a lot less frequent if we are in a party of 4 U.K/EU players searching for games.

With the new updates, the idling players bug is still an issue. If we experience a long search time, usually a few player will get kicked or the search will refuse to find a game, so we restart the search to be told players are idling.

The default settings for the controls are no longer the same. What was default on OG H3 and H3 on MCC is not the same as the default on the new system. It's taken a lot of games and fiddling to get it to feel remotely similar to what we were all used to. There is also a glitch where if you drop you dead zoning to zero, you can marginally increase movement speed, allowing you to walk and especially strafe faster. At first I thought I was just being not used to the settings, but after playing around I realised you do in fact move faster - too many years of MLG and TS timing rotations to know I shouldn't be able to get to certain places off spawn that faster or to new hills. Don't judge me, I had too much free time before University.

I'm just looking for some feedback as to whether the connectivity issues is something that has been noted by 343i and potentially something they'd be looking to address or not. I ended up re-purchasing this game just before the big patch in the hope it would run smoothly, but it's still been a huge disappointment. I just wanna play H3 TS with good connection D:

Edit: I forgot to mention the melees. Dear god the melees... unless you press the button 30 seconds before you need to melee someone, it won't work. It will make the animation and hit sound but does no damage. This is in every game, without fail. It's ridiculous.

Out of curiosity to anyone having similar problems, which xbox do you have? I just want to play H3 and if it's due to the older consoles, i'm tempted to upgrade. Although I shouldn't have to pay even more money to play a game that's been broken for 4.5 years :/
So many people are complaining about the same problem and for sure it wont get fixed and we wont get any answers, they want feedback from a game almost 5 years that should work from the start, we are helping them after so long and even so it looks like they are doing us a favor.
It doesnt take that long to wright a message saying " guys we are working on it and it will be fixed" if wont be fixed then say it.

Just so that you guys wont forget it.
Biggest problem:
Hit detection and connection!
Arcl1te wrote:
mattp7 wrote:

So many people are complaining about the same problem and for sure it wont get fixed and we wont get any answers, they want feedback from a game almost 5 years that should work from the start, we are helping them after so long and even so it looks like they are doing us a favor.
It doesnt take that long to wright a message saying " guys we are working on it and it will be fixed" if wont be fixed then say it.

Just so that you guys wont forget it.
Biggest problem:
Hit detection and connection!
Yeah... I know. The worst thing is, the updates and server fixes has benefited a lot of players. Which I don't contest at all.. but by making the game and hit reg better for some it's opened up an enormous gap far worse then P2P hosting had. When there was a bad host in P2P, the whole lobby had a bad connection, now NA players have an astronomical advantage over other players due to the majority been NA players and it forcing less populated areas to connect to NA servers. It's like playing with a constant handicap. Unless you get the first two shots in, you're getting out BR'd 80% of the time, even if you don't miss a shot. Same thing be melees. if you both hit beat down at the same time, you lose and they take no damage. - that seems to be an in game bug not just connection based as I watched the 2v2 lan tourney and the same thing happened to flamesword twice. The game is just so inconsistent still.
i can hear enemy comms in all modes if they speak in pregame lobby, its a really easy to accidently do and then everyone in the game can hear all 10 players calls
hit registration is also off on some kills. as in one burst will do damage then the next burst on same spot doesnt do anything.
Oh yea and ip masking is desperately needed.
This is more like a personal personal preference, but the Map Sandbox in H3 is literally the most unbalanced map I've ever seen. The Map should be called "spawntrap"
Literally got 2 matches in a row where most of my teammates quit (5 in the first one with the two other ones beeing betrayers) and 3 in the second one.
I don't know what was worse. Getting spawn killed like 40 times or getting trolled by the 2 teammates. What I hate is the fact that it wouldn't count as a betray, because they always just take my shields down, so if the enemy would just hit me 1 time with the BR it would count as a kill and not as a betrayal.
I just wish that this map would show up less.

Other than that, no DC's since yesterday, I'm glad about that. But I've noticed that there are some framerate drops on H2A (BTB). Maybe it's because of my Xbox, I've got the regular one at the moment.
H3 doubles I take back the positive comment from earlier .The server connection is great as well as the filtering system. However we have played for 8 hours today and lost 4 games, and have played several with only melees and grenades to make itisomewhat interesting. It's impossible to get in the mood to try hard when you do find a decent game 1/10 times .these were great adjustments just in the wrong place. They should be applied to ranked so that people are matched properly, or doubles should be returned to ranked .this is an unplayable unfun version of this game .We definitely won't be playing this going forward if this is a long term deal .Almost nailed it, but actually way worse for people who play doubles or who enjoy competition in their competitive online multiplayer games .
mattp7 wrote:

These aren't bugs. What you and your friends are seeing here are purely connectivity issues. It sounds like you connecting to a server with high ping, which will result in these issues occurring. You may be around the wall on your xbox, but on the dedicated server and to a player with lower ping that you will be vsing, they would've shot you before you went around the wall (on their screen).

Just remember, it takes time for information from your xbox to get to the server, and vice versa. The further the server is away, the more of those issues you will have. Unfortunately, we cannot choose which servers we play on due to low population, so the game just spits you out into one.

Source: I'm from australia and play on 200ms+ ping to US/EU servers 99% of my matches.
  • MCC HALO GAME: h1, h2, h3, maybe h2a & h4 (haven't experienced)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: the game loses a few frames at the beginning of matches
  • REPRO STEPS: play matchmaking games and pay attention at the start of games
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:

Playlist: Social Composer (4v4, slayer & obj only)
    Party: Solo and with friends

Has anyone else had random frame drops in MCC since updates to MCC started? I've had around ~10 of them since these updates for mcc started rolling out (been playing since september update). I'm playing on the stock day 1 xbone console too. Didn't really notice them at first, but when I realised it was happening more often I started to clip them. I believe I've had them in all games except h2a & h4. Don't have a h3 one clipped (definitely had one on narrows), but here's two from the others:

h2 ivory tower (around 0:20)
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/jarrrah/video/64358432

hce dammy (around 0:20 too)
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/jarrrah/video/64358504

edit: got one of h3 pit last night (0:23). made me die. https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/jarrrah/video/64495585. It seems to be happening within the first ~30 seconds of the match.
Good god you guys did it. 343 you made me so happy with match composer. My feedback is that the non-customs multiplayer is basically perfect. I am satisfied with the options set out for the player there. It really is great and I have no complaints with regards to match composer. All mcc multiplayer needs now is a customs browser and then I really can't think of any other sort of logistical things that aren't bug fixes that I could want. Great job 343
also another thing 343 needs to fix when playing 8v8/big team halo 2 classic when the game starts the voiceover does not say slayer or the gametype which I thought was odd because the voiceover announces it in 4v4 2v2 and 1v1 but not 8v8 which is definitely a bug that 343 should consider fixing as well as finding games and also shot registration
I have played a few rounds in the last few days and am simply thrilled with the new match composer. It's self-explanatory and you can easily customize and change your preferences for gameplay and game mode. Like Halo: Reach, I would like to see the population of the specific settings and, of course, the rated playlists. Maybe also related to different servers or something. You come up with something, because you can really well that. ; D
The only problem that came up is that I could not play with everyone, because there were probably synchronization issues with content differences, although everyone supposedly had everything installed and could search alone for example. Otherwise, I can only say, keep it up! It's fun to watch the game grow and be a part of it.
Has anyone else been getting a weird buzzing/hissing noise while viewing achievements? I finished a match last night and during the intermission I went to the career page to view my achievements, but it was making this really weird sound. It would dim out if I scrolled pretty far, but it always managed to catch back up.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Match Composer
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Please transform game size options into multi-select/checkbox options, rather than either/or options.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Open Match Composer
  2. Observe game size options
  3. You can choose either 4v4 or 8v8 games to search for.
  4. You can not choose to search for 4v4 games and 8v8 games.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
Please make the Match Composer game size options checkboxes, just like the gametypes are right now.
I noticed that the matching screen for a 8v8 game looks different (huge list) than the matching screen for a 4v4 game (medium size list)
So there might be a way to get creative with the 8v8 matching engine (Look for 8v8 games, but the engine is "allowed" to stop searching after finding 4v4 game?)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 18