Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - November

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 18
I quit one game after new update and got banned for one day 3 minutes ago... what is this about?
  • MCC HALO GAME: Combat Evolved
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Neither the 'Enemy Player Name Color' nor the 'Multiplayer Game Timer' changes apply to a guest in split-screen.
  • REPRO STEPS: Have a guest sign in and play a match on split-screen. Then have the guest try to change the settings of either 'Enemy Player Name Color' or 'Multiplayer Game Timer'; the changes never get applied.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: The original player (non-guest) can change these settings but the guest cannot.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: A guest in split-screen cannot change the 'Enemy Player Name Color' setting.
  • REPRO STEPS: Have a guest sign in and play a match on split-screen. Then have the guest try to change the 'Enemy Player Name Color' setting; the change won't be applied.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: The original player (non-guest) can change this setting but the guest cannot.
A ten minute quit ban for quitting one time in I don't even know how long is ridiculous. I rarely quit a match. Even if my team is being destroyed I usually stick it out until the end. I literally do not remember the last time I quit.

I get on today for the first time in probably almost a month. I play most of one KotH match. A little more than halfway through and most of my team is inactive or has quit. It's me and two other players getting torn to pieces. No coordination. No chance of victory. No fun.

I quit out to try and join a different match and get hit with this "player banned until..." BS. It was one match. And yeah it was only ten minutes but still seems a little extreme. 343 doesn't know how much time I have. Maybe I only had 30-40 minutes to play. So that's around 10 minutes wasted on an unsatisfying match (again due to inactivity and quitting by most of my team) and another 10 minutes wasted on this stupid ban. Thanks 343. Definitely soured me on MCC multiplayer for awhile. Back to RDR2.
Dreamy wrote:
Sturbz wrote:
Halo 4 STILL doesn't have a ranked playlist????? What the hell is wrong with you people???
no1 cares about h4, h4 never had ranked, lolh4
You’re wrong. It used to have ranked but after the update, 343i removed it. I don’t know why they did? I guess they don’t care about Halo 4 even though they still have many loyal fans(including myself) who still play the original H4. Halo 3 gets its own BTB and two Team Doubles playlists for whatever reason. The MCC ignores H4 and caters to H3 fans.
Halo 3 likely has two playlists because it’s played much more than Halo 4. Numbers always win in the end, I don’t think it’s anything personal against Halo 4 fans.
What?!? Infection was an extremely popular playlist in October? What!?! That's crazy! It's not like it was popular before the update or anything.
Wow 343... This is the first time in so long I feel truly satisfied with this game. I am having an absolute blast. Make it possible to search multiple party size options at once and this is perfect
1 day ban. No reason or warning given. Never been banned before.That's some shady stuff. How can I avoid a ban if I don't know why it's there in the first place?

If it's for quitting then that's pathetic. I quit 1 game that didn't already have several quitters. Literally half the games I play have AFK kids turning the game into a lopsided joke. Ban them not the quitters. I just played a game 2on4 and it was a blast once the 2 AFK kids quit. Quitters don't feed the other team kills. The threshold for a quit ban should be like 30%.
Lot of Lag in MCC today since the Composer Update dropped, never had this issue before and it started today

Spoiler:
Show
Lot of Lag in MCC today since the Composer Update dropped, never had this issue before and it started today

Spoiler:
Show
I experienced the same exact problem as you, but it was only for one game.
A Ranked H2A SWAT playlist would be killer. Any Ranked SWAT would be awesome.

Spoiler:
Show
I’ve been a little laggy for 2 days now and nothing internet wise has changed here. I got kicked from 3 games, double soawning and throwing 2 gernades at once. Overall it’s a small percentage of the time, and lag is hard to say it’s the game’s fault, but I personally feel ya.
Arcl1te wrote:
Did the population fall off for this game? I’m have trouble finding matches. When the MCC first updated, more people were playing. It seems that people left again.
well idk about u but for me here in europe matchmaking speed and quality has fallen after update ... and in FFA i couldnt even play a single game the max i got once was full lobby that got canceled for some reason .... There was never a issiue before so my guess is its rather on the dev side then the population a pop counter would fix that but well form some reason they are afraid to show it
Thought I'd check it out to see If you were right. Found players at 3:30 seconds and got a game at 5:40 so there are games in Europe if you're willing to wait. Bear in mind that H3 Lone Wolves is one of the least played playlists currently available.
Thats not true for sure, sometimes im 15 min waiting and goes back because it didnt find a game and i need to start the search again. So at least im not the only one having the same problem.
I posted 10-15 minutes after his post at 9pm and found games after waiting.
MCC Playlist Update: 9/26/18 .
MCC Playlist Update: 10/17/18
Dreamy wrote:
Sturbz wrote:
Halo 4 STILL doesn't have a ranked playlist????? What the hell is wrong with you people???
Halo 3 likely has two playlists because it’s played much more than Halo 4. Numbers always win in the end, I don’t think it’s anything personal against Halo 4 fans.
I understand more playlists for more played games, what I don't understand is why H3 gets two Doubles playlists? They could have added H2 Doubles, Swat, etc. Is there truly that many people playing H3 Doubles, that they needed another Doubles?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Would still love the ability to choose 'all game size' options in match composer.

I just want to play H2A only - and I dont care what size it is - let me 'select all'
Dreamy wrote:
Sturbz wrote:
I understand more playlists for more played games, what I don't understand is why H3 gets two Doubles playlists? They could have added H2 Doubles, Swat, etc. Is there truly that many people playing H3 Doubles, that they needed another Doubles?
Oh whoops I misread your first post, didn’t catch that two. Yeah that’s weird, I doubt everyone is that crazy about H3 Doubles.
Can you have a look at the automatic search for games after you finish one. 90% of the time my game has 1 or more inactive players, causing other people to leave. This just means you either have to wait to lose or quit and be suspended from matching making. I doesn’t harm after every game to click A again to start searching solving this problem.
Ranked match composer would be great. Sometimes I don't care what game I'm playing as long as it's Slayer, and it would be nice to build a rank for those games. Other people may only want to play ranked H3 Slayer, and someone searching for ranked Slayer in any game could still match with someone searching for only ranked H3 Slayer.
The match composer works pretty well. I've enjoyed the Halo 3 heavy game types a lot. I'd like to see more maps from Halo 3 like Sandbox and Rat's Nest get heavy variants as well. On that note, I wouldn't mind seeing Halo 4 get heavy maps. Pulling the heavy maps from OG Halo 4's heavy playlist could work and add heavy variants for maps that never had them to begin with. Also, H2A BTB should get heavy maps as well. We have no way to use heavy vehicles in H2A at all and I'd like to see that change.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 18