Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
Xp3rious wrote:
Xp3rious wrote:
zvenom91 wrote:
1 Please take the 5 min bans off of quitting or getting disconnected every single time as I got disconnected from the server in matchmaking yesterday mind you only once but I still had to wait 5 mins to play again
2 Fix the latency in Halo 3 as it's sometimes is unfair on how you can shoot the enemy and then melee and the enemy somehow gets the kill after 1 melee without even shooting first causing utter frustration
3 Add in Join in Progress to Big Team Matches in Social please!! Just like on 360 for Halo 4 where you can join in or with a friend a couple mins in as it would make it so much more enjoyable to not be unbalanced in 8v8, while at it let there be a option to start a Big Team match with 14, 12 or even 10 players and find other players a min or so into the game so you can play more frequently.
4 Let me boot annoying players who betray me over and over again as it seems a troll can betray me as much as they want and I never get a boot option
5 Decrease Halo 3 weighting as anytime I search with Halo 3 as a option I will get Halo 3 about 80 or 90% of the time, I'm not sure if trolls are purposely only selecting Halo 3 as a option to play but the whole choose what you want to play is not any different than before that part got added. If anything force a player to choose 2 or more games to play online so people like me selecting Halo CE, 2, 2C, 3 and 4 can get something different than only Halo 3 please
6 Increase Halo 4 weighting, I'm not sure if people who play Halo MCC have some kind of gripe against Halo 4 but I would surely play the 360 version of Halo 4 less if I had a chance of ever getting to play a Halo 4 Big Team or even a Halo 4 Team Slayer match which seems rare to happen.
7 Continuing on Halo 4 Weighting can you adjust it to where you get stock maps like Vortex alongside DLC maps like Shatter and not solely DLC Maps? can I have a option to choose my favorite maps per game so I can have a say on which maps I actually do like to play on?
8 Put me on the East Coast servers! I log in today to find myself playing on West Coast 2 I think it was and I'm in South Carolina from my findings I should be on the East Coast 2 or even better yet the South Servers which also baffles me as to how the East Coast 2 servers had better PING than the South Servers did I'm not sure if it's the players connecting or if it's me as my own distance from the server
9 Better yet can we combine a few servers because it seems pretty weird to have what 10 or 15 servers setup world wide and like 5 in America, yes I know 343 wants to make things fair for everyone but that seems a fair bit overkill when Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4 on 360 when it was populated never needed servers like this
10 I'll stop complaining but something just feels off on games that aren't played on Halo 4 engine as that feels the smoothest and going to Halo 3 or CE something just feels off-putting, latency could have something to do with it or even the 30FPS to 60FPS translation but Halo 4 feels almost perfect when PING is low but the other games feel to stutter and feel like Emulation on PC where you play a game and you notice something is pretty different and not to original specs
#2 should be top priority. The connection is horrendous in this game. The bullets don't register half the time. What kind of FPS is this where you have to shoot away from the body to land a bullet? I wonder who came up with this concept.

It takes players 1-2 bullets to kill me from the back (across the map in Narrows for example) when I'm 1 shot. But it will take me 4 or 5 (if I'm lucky) because I'm in Canada (WEST). It must suck for EU/ANZ players. Here are my ping times for some of the games:

https://imgur.com/a/AwqAZr0

Please pay attention to the last image. Since when is Japan closer to Canada than East US? Also, let us choose the servers. We should be able to choose what servers we want to play on (west, east etc...). The unfair advantage some players get (and myself if its west server sometimes) is ridiculous. Every game is inconsistent. Your skill means nothing. It's the server that decides it.
Totally agree, but are you on Ethernet or WiFi? Cheap routers can also cause high ping times along with ISP that don't know what they're doing. If you have a router/modem combo try getting separate modem and router. ping times aren't that high for me but the game still feels off.
I'm hardwired directly into the cable modem. No router either. I have a switch, but the xbox connection does not go through that.
Where are you located? Do you have cable/DSL/satellite internet? How old and what brand and model number is your modem, I know some models made a little bit ago that had intel puma chipsets had issues with lag spikes, check out this list to see if yours is on it. https://approvedmodemlist.com/intel-puma-6-modem-list-chipset-defects/
I'm in Canada (WEST). I have internet via cable. The modem that I received from my ISP is a cisco modem. I've also tried it with a router. No luck. It is pretty new, and it isn't on the list that you provided. Other games are all fine though. It's only halo that has issues. The likely culprit is either the dedicated server or the netcod, and they're both on 343's end.

Thanks for your help.
Postums wrote:
Unknown wrote:
I'm against quit bans but you guys have to start banning team killers and AFK players. And the first offenses should be harsh. Get rid of these people.
I'm curious why you are okay with AFK bans but not quit bans? They essentially are the same thing.
AFKers are worse because they feed the enemy points. I would much rather have the two AFKers on my team quit than have them remain idle and cost me a match I probably could have won on my own/with my other teammate.

Quit bans are okay, but the system needs some tweaking; players should be allowed to quit if the enemy team is down by half. AFK bans are extremely necessary, especially in ranked matches where AFKers can cost you your skill rank.
IMCN112 wrote:
  • All Game
  • Matchmaking ping lock
  • Plz remove ranked ping lock!!! Social matchmaking's expand ping lock is pretty good, please use it in ranked too...
I'm pretty sure they use the same ping system.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
Postums wrote:
Unknown wrote:
I'm against quit bans but you guys have to start banning team killers and AFK players. And the first offenses should be harsh. Get rid of these people.
I'm curious why you are okay with AFK bans but not quit bans? They essentially are the same thing.
There are several matches where teammates will just quit if they're losing. A lot of times the remaining player(s) will camp the rest of the match. This happens often in CE: Doubles with a huge amount of time left. Banning players for quitting across the board sounds good on paper, but it won't deter 'quitters". Clearly they don't care about bans otherwise they wouldn't do it. But what about players like me that actually want to finish matches, instead I find myself running around the map like an idiot looking for the enemy player that's choosing to hide due to his teammate quitting. If you're down a teammate or more, then quitting should be allowed. Then again, I don't mind playing at a disadvantage so long as everybody is playing, which leads me to my next point: AFK players.
When you're in the search que, the game will boot you back to the lobby if you haven't used your controller in a while, which is a good thing. But no such detection like this exists during matches. There's a particular player whom I reported to 343 and Xbox that does this literally every match, yet I still match up with him when I play CE. He isn't the only one. AFK players are a problem in both ranked and social, and they ruin matches for everyone.
Team killers are even worse, because they'll just one shot you to give the enemy team a kill. Or they'll betray you twice and leave.
This is why players should be allowed to quit if the enemy team is down by at least half.
Please fix dodging before the game by hiding the gamertags or at least by putting a loss if you dodge. It's really a plague. Right now im playing for 40 minutes i have only played 2 games because people keep dodging us
Just played Halo 3 and Reach on the Xbox 360 again.

There's a lot that can be learned from those games, everything works perfectly except population (most important Reach playlists still survive) for obvious reasons. Even Halo 4 works better with JiP enabled and a balanced BR fire rate...

To clarify, nearly everything that needs to be fixed and doesn't match originals is in the list you can see in this thread. You have the right key with the Match Composer, dedicated servers and a bigger population. Now please make it work or this ship is going to sink for good.
Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Feedback: This is a minor complaint, but it's about the map Oracle (the midship remake added to H2A). I know there's only so much you can do with Forge maps, but visually, the map is very uninteresting. It would help a lot of the colored accents on the blocks were changed to purple or something. Currently, everything except for red an blue base uses the standard white color, which just doesn't look the greatest. Making the white blocks purple would allow the map to stand out more and would make it more accurate to the map it's based off of.
Before the recent update there was not team slayer, the spot replaced was team arena. The playlist community was so everyone knows everyone which is not a problem because nobody could see who they play during game loading so people wouldn't dodge hardly at all. Now since names are shown before gameplay people will dodge due to knowing who's good against them and who's bad on your team. This needs to be fixed. Also I was a 50 in area but since the playlist was taken away for a lot of people it would be cool if that would still show.
Rei wrote:
Forgive me if im posting in the wrong thread, but can the punishment for quitting be more sever? I can't seem go into a game of big team battle without at least one person quitting.
I agree. I can't seem to play 1 match without someone quitting. Maybe they lose connection though. I don't know.
Please let us turn down the game volume for Halo MCC. The game is way too loud. When I play with friends I either have to yell over the game or mute the game entirely. There’s no middle ground.
Please add a volume slider Halo MCC is the only game on this generation to not have a volume slider.
Before the recent update there was not team slayer, the spot replaced was team arena. The playlist community was so everyone knows everyone which is not a problem because nobody could see who they play during game loading so people wouldn't dodge hardly at all. Now since names are shown before gameplay people will dodge due to knowing who's good against them and who's bad on your team. This needs to be fixed. Also I was a 50 in area but since the playlist was taken away for a lot of people it would be cool if that would still show.
i actually love seeing who i will be matched against pregame. If a player is going to dodge due to high skill, they will either go AFK or just quit in the match if the opposing team's players are not shown pregame. Seeing the opposing players pregame allows you quickly form a strategy with your team pregame if you are familiar with some of the opposing players. If an opposing player destroyed your team in a previous match with a sniper and you see his name pregame you could at least make it a priority to challenge the sniper as soon as the game starts. It allows for subtle things like that to take place. Don't cater the pregame lobby to those who will dodge or quit if they don't like what they see. Pregame strategy is a must, especially as you progress into more competitive play.
can ffa be brought down from 8 to 6 players to make it easier to find games I find it incredibly hard to find ffa games in anything not h3 or h4
they better add SWAT to halo on steam felt so good getting headshots going and best feeling when ur in the zone and nothing can stop you
MCC: Halo CE: give us old weapon sounds. Online is still not good, I'll ask around to explain in exact detail by what I mean. Everyone please feel free to add to this.

Halo CE original Xbox, Halo 2 original Xbox, Halo 3 Xbox 360: Please make all original Xbox games backwards compatible on the Xbox One, with offline LAN. If ya'll refuse to do this then please give us the source code and the fans will make it happen.

Thank you!
Halo CE original Xbox, Halo 2 original Xbox, Halo 3 Xbox 360: Please make all original Xbox games backwards compatible on the Xbox One, with offline LAN.
The backwards compatibility team over at Xbox handle the work for these games, not 343. Halo 3 is already backward compatible, has been for a few years now. Regarding original Xbox games, I don't believe the Xbox team are working on any further games. They announced at E3 this year the last few they would bring over and Halo wasn't among them.
Game: Halo 3 MCC
Issue: Shots not registering

I know it's been said a million times before but the shot registration is horrible. I have a bunch of clips on my xbox from games where I watch my bullets and count how many hit and shields don't pop/player doesn't die when the required amount of shots hit. I have a couple of clips where it took up to 15 BR bullets to pop the players shields. I also have some where a bullet goes directly into a player's head (with no shields) and he just walks it off. In many of these instances I also counted the bullets hitting me and my shields always seem to pop at the appropriate time. I can't find a logical explanation for why my bullets wouldn't count but others' shots on me would but that really seems to be the case. It's obviously really bad because I now have absolutely no confidence that my bullets are counting. I'm most probably going to stop playing MCC because this lack of confidence really makes the game hard to play.

BTW I live in Montreal and my internet is decently fast only 12ms ping.
x
Rippin SS wrote:
I'm going to beat my dead horse some more this month. The FFA playlist needs to be dropped from 8 player per match down to 6. Doing so will help alleviate the spawn hassles (particularly overcrowding on the smaller maps) and put more matches out there so you can find games quicker. In a game with better players the games are just frustrating because spawns are just one on top of the next.

My only other suggestion is to bring back multi-team. That playlist was always a blast and I never had problems finding a match.

That's all I have for now.
Couldn't agree more.
This list tries to get together all of the information that's been gathered during this years, and each topic contains links to the main or most relevant posts.
  1. - Party matching in Social is a must (thanks for adding it to 2v2), or restrictions, paired with proper skill matching (was it efectiveness decreased somehow?). If it's a matter of population, then enable crossplay between PC and Xbox for a substancial boost. If not, just use the Halo 5 system or use the new EXP progression.
  2. - Integrate, if possible, Ranked into the Composer, so that the community is focused exclusively in one thing and matches are even. Another possibility is adding a Ranked Composer. (link)
  3. - Do not remove ranks whenever a playlist is erased; at least, show our highest achieved rank in our profile.
Clearly, those issues, improvements has been discussed quite a lot and need to be addressed as soon as possible, so that MCC is a complete product when it launches on PC. Otherwise, the same as the 2014 dissaster is undoubtedly going to happen again. All of sudden, H:CE is getting a gameplay treatment to get as close as possible to the OG version, so continue in the right path.
Strongly disagree with all of these. Party matching in Social is unnecessary and will just discourage people from searching with their friends and increase search times. Skill matching is on in Social but there just aren't enough people for it to be effective.

There's no reason to integrate ranked into the composer. Just makes it more confusing to see what rank you are in what playlist.

Definitely remove ranks when a playlist is erased, and showing a highest achieved rank is pointless. Just show the highest rank you currently have.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16