Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK.
  • CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC MULTIPLAYER, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 3
Horizontal/verticle sensitivity is not the same. Horizontal sensitivity is faster which for me, makes it unplayable. Please fix!
MCC HALO GAME: All games
It's very obvious that most players whole heartedly prefer either specific Halo games or specific gametypes. Please give us a straight-up ranked Team Slayer for all 5 versions of Halo and please separate Team Slayer and Team objective gametypes into their own playlists as it was always meant to be. We have purchased this game because we want to play it the way it was meant to be played. Playing 5 versions of Halo is enough of a mixed bag on it's own. Please remove Team Arena for the love of every OG Halo fan.

Thank you.
Quote:
The aforementioned bugs plus a handful of others ended up being downstream problems from some systemic changes, which with some new fixes in place no longer exist or are not exercised. While we’re not claiming Halo 1’s multiplayer is all of a sudden going to feel golden-everything-is-fixed-pack-it-up-we-can-go-home, we feel pretty confident (based on lab and in-the-wild testing) that the overall experience will feel better and more consistent.
Super stoked that Halo CE is receiving multiplayer updates. What year is it again?? Anyway.Have we talked about what was actually changed? I had a 16-player Halo CE LAN on the 22nd, a few days after the September update went live. We played Halo CE mostly, and it was mostly awesome. But the LAN connection didn't feel exactly perfect. There were plenty of times that running close to an enemy with the shotgun and pulling the trigger would result in a complete miss, which I can only think would be network related. Is anyone tracking / discussing Halo CE's network after the September update?

Here's my formal "bug submission"

MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
ISSUE / FEEDBACK: Just did a 16-player Halo MCC LAN event last weekend. SO AWESOME. But we noticed that the Halo CE LAN experience didn't feel quite right... There were plenty of close-up shotgun encountered that just didn't work. You put the gun right on the enemy and pull the trigger and get nothing. My expectation for LAN is that it feels as perfect as offline split screen. But this one didn't. It didn't ruin the day or anything, but I wanted to document it in this thread because I know 343i just did some tinkering with Halo CE's network code in the latest update.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Start a Halo MCC Halo CE LAN game. Do shotguns on Derelict. Feel ripped off when you swear you shoot that guy over and over at close range.
MCC MULTIPLAYER
With the ultimate update the matchmaking is perfect on the EU Zone (Italy)
Please make FFA ranked with 6 people instead of 8, with more than 1 person being awarded a W at end game and not only halo 3. The reason why people don’t want to play it now is because it’s social, 8 players, and doesn’t award wins to the top 3 positions. When we requested this playlist the majority of people that wanted FFA wanted it to be ranked and you guys originally planned to release it as ranked and at the last minute it was changed to a social FFA with only H3. That’s not what we wanted and the population confirms that.
Please make FFA ranked with 6 people instead of 8, with more than 1 person being awarded a W at end game. The reason why people don’t want to play it now is because it’s social, 8 players, and doesn’t award wins to the top 3 positions.
Ranked FFA with 8 people doesn't need to change, however the top 4 players should be awarded W's just like a real FFA tournament. 6 people FFA's suck imo
SvspecTEK wrote:
Please make FFA ranked with 6 people instead of 8, with more than 1 person being awarded a W at end game. The reason why people don’t want to play it now is because it’s social, 8 players, and doesn’t award wins to the top 3 positions.
Ranked FFA with 8 people doesn't need to change, however the top 4 players should be awarded W's just like a real FFA tournament. 6 people FFA's suck imo
Ranked ffa has always been a 6 player playlist, social is in right now but it needs to be ranked playlist, that and because it has 8 people is why it’s one of the least populated playlists. If you browse through the older multiplayer feedback thread you will see many people stating it needs to be changed to 6 players and a lot of people won’t touch it because of those 2 things.
SvspecTEK wrote:
Ranked ffa has always been a 6 player playlist, social is in right now but it needs to be ranked playlist, that and because it has 8 people is why it’s one of the least populated playlists. If you browse through the older multiplayer feedback thread you will see many people stating it needs to be changed to 6 players and a lot of people won’t touch it because of those 2 things.
Personally, I would love to see a Ranked FFA, 6 player Rumble, with a cross game of 1, 2C, 2A, and 3. But I'm slightly biased because I love and grew up on CE. I can however see the debate to leave CE out of it.
SvspecTEK wrote:
Bro Tournament FFA has always been 8 people, top 4 advance. That's what I was saying, H2 rumble pit ranked (8 ppl) and head 2 head ranked we're so slept on.
Can we get Halo 3 BTB Heavies for the Halo 3 BTB playlist? You know, the Heavy variants of maps that had way more vehicles like Scorpions, Hornet's, Gauss Warthogs, etc etc. A lot of Halo 3 BTB fans would greatly appreciate that.
Please fix the lobby idling preventing you from searching for a game or kicking you out of a long search nothing is more painful than being kicked out just as the lobby fills up.
Ranked. Team. Slayer.
1 - Please fix H3 horizontal/verticle sensitivity not being the same. Horizontal sensitivity is faster which for me, makes it unplayable.
2- Please separate Team Slayer and Team objective gametypes into their own playlists as it was always meant to be. We have purchased this game because we want to play it the way it was meant to be played. Playing 5 versions of Halo is enough of a mixed bag on it's own. Thank you.
Spot on. I’ve wasted enough text stressing the removal of these cross gametype/game playlists to 343 well before the update and what did they do? Add more gametypes while removing maps and the vote....these guys are absolutely clueless.
When playing BTB with friends in the squad, we fall into different teams.
We are all from Brazil and our average ping and 9ms.
Add a Social Objective playlist, and PLEASE add Vetoing. I understand the removal of map voting, but adding a veto system I think would cause less people to quit games, it's a really big issue right now. Especially in BTB.
Playlists are still a joke. There should be ranked 1-4 arenas and crossplay everything else with map voting. I would love to re-install the game i paid 30 dollars for. Epic scam removing so much content smh
Appetight wrote:
Please fix the lobby idling preventing you from searching for a game or kicking you out of a long search nothing is more painful than being kicked out just as the lobby fills up.
This is a big problem now introduced since the last patch. Happens very often to me and my party, now we're constantly moving controller to not be seen as idle.

Please fix
MCC HALO game: HALO4 and HALO2A
Problem/feedback: certain text characters become larger when you play HALO4 in simplified Chinese (you can clearly see pixels of larger text relative to other MCC multiplayer games)
In addition, in the simplified Chinese version of HALO2A, AR will be displayed as "冲□枪" instead of "冲锋枪" (this problem only appears in the game, it will not appear in the menu).
Please fix the H2A forge lighting. It's buggy, and there's oddly shaded areas as if a big object was placed over other things where light would usually reflect. Also, grass planes & flats are a little too shiny/reflective.

FightingGinger0 explained it better in a previous thread of mine:
Quote:
There are a lot of bugs in H2A forge, and lighting is one of them. What you are seeing is a bug in the generated lighting. I have seen it many times.Here's the way Halo 2A Forge lighting works:
  1. The game uses "dynamic lighting" in a relatively near area around your location. That's the area you described as "whichever direction I chose to move to it only lights up that area". The dynamic lighting area will always "follow" you wherever you go.
  2. The game uses "static lighting" for areas that are further from your location. Those are the areas you see where "everything else is shady".
When the lighting works correctly, the dynamic (near) and static (far) lighting are the same (i.e. both in sun or both in shade), and you never know that two different lighting methods are being used. But Halo 2A has a bug in it's static (far) lighting. As you have described, things that are not near you are in shade, but they SHOULD be in sun (since sun is shining on the entire map). How would they be in shade unless something was shading them? It's a bug.But since the dynamic (near) lighting works correctly, you see this "spotlight" or sunny area that follows you around.
Still not able to find games all the time especially during the day in the UK. Takes forever, seems to only match players once 7-8 players with similar ping times are available.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24