Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 24
Match Composer:
- Change "4 Player", "8 Player" etc team size descriptions to be "2v2" or "4v4", or include that in parenthesis
- Half the options that are mentioned in the 4v4 player count section of the selection matrix shown in the blog post are not visible. Like the page is supposed to scroll down but doesn't? Standard gametypes like CTF, Assault and KotH were missing as options. I tried setting that player count with all games selected, only Halo 2 and only Halo 3 and none of the gametype options changed.
I cannot thank you guys enough for the match composer. Thank you thank you thank you :)
This really needs to be addressed at some point.

1-Flag, 1-Bomb and whatever similar round based games needs to be toned down in how often they come up in matchmaking.

I enjoy these game types but due to the very frequent quitting problem that still exist they quickly become unplayable as players quit out of the matches and for idiots like myself who most often refuses to quit even though I am out numbered 2 to 1, the game becomes very frustrating, and very long.

Neutral Flag, or neutral bomb is a lot more enjoyable because you are not forced to go into a round where there is no hope of capping a flag, and the other team has to wait another 3 mins before they can cap the flag and end the game.

If players didn't quit as often as they do these days, it probably wouldn't be an issue, sadly that is not the case...
Please consider adding in more Halo 2 anniversary map variants with more Environmental Explosives (and maybe reduce the vanilla H2A maps with no explosives on them) to be able to go for the "Rock and Coil Hit Back" achievement right now for all matchmaking playlists (including the upcoming Match Composer feature) a little more easily of a chance. The big problem right now is out of the 10 maps you have (3 are canvas maps also which are NOT in matchmaking), only 3 maps actually have environmental medal based explosives right now or hanging ice to shoot (Lockdown, Stonetown and Remnant) and every map in the playlists really should have explosives or some kind of environment metal based killing object if your going for this achievement since you can only get this achievement online. I am not saying it should make the player any "easier" to go for this achievement, but really once you have killed a few people for the environmental medals, you pretty much have gotten the point of the achievement, thus now the problem is you have to get up to 100 kills for it, which is extremely excessive for 3 maps that only have this chance to go for the achievement on it, 25 kills would have been better. It gets to be really annoying not be able to get maps everytime that has these explosives or Hanging Ice (on Lockdown). The thing about all online achievements in the collection, most do a good job going for them naturally without have to focus on them individually, but this specific achievement is out of balance with those with the few maps that offer it. Please 343 for future Halo games for online achievements, do not make achievements so specific to just a couple maps only to get them on, Bungie did this in past Halo games, and for people like me who like to go for Achievement completion, do not make it a miserable experience to get a certain map online for a specific achievement. I think its bad practice to include such specific type of achievements in the online space like these in the first place. First off, an achievement like this should be general across all Halo games 1-4 (because I think except for Halo 1, they all do have environmental explosives, like fusion coils), not just Halo 2 anniversary only, same with the splatter achievement, that one definitely should have been general across all games in the collection in the first place, since all games have the splatter medal that comes up on them anyway.
For the Match Composer, please consider adding objective gametypes to the 4v4 selection. Ideally, this would be separate choices for CTF, KotH, etc. But, even rolling them together into one "Objective Games" selection could work.

Also, FFA Slayer games should be added as well. If you don't want to add an entire additional 8 player FFA section, then you could add a Slayer choice into the existing 12 player FFA option(provided the maps used are large enough for 12 player FFA Slayer)
I would like to say thanks for all the hard work on the MCC, and especially the multiplayer front! I love almost everything thing you guys have done for it. My only feedback is that I don’t think making Halo 3 Big Team it’s own playlist was a great idea. I understand that people were vocal about that all being people voted for in old MCC, but now that we don’t even have the option to vote (which I don’t mind), I think there’s no reason to put Halo 3 by itself. It would be randomly selected just like every other Halo, and I think the Big Team Battle playlist is best when all Halos are present. This way every player is on there toes and don’t know which Halo to expect going into a match!
I would like to say thanks for all the hard work on the MCC, and especially the multiplayer front! I love almost everything thing you guys have done for it. My only feedback is that I don’t think making Halo 3 Big Team it’s own playlist was a great idea. I understand that people were vocal about that all being people voted for in old MCC, but now that we don’t even have the option to vote (which I don’t mind), I think there’s no reason to put Halo 3 by itself. It would be randomly selected just like every other Halo, and I think the Big Team Battle playlist is best when all Halos are present. This way every player is on there toes and don’t know which Halo to expect going into a match!
Well actually if you scour through past postings about BTB with Halo 3, before the August update, EVERYBODY in BTB would choose Halo 3 all the time, so this is why a separate playlist was created for this game.
What happened to map voting and being able to party up players from previous games?
Well actually if you scour through past postings about BTB with Halo 3, before the August update, EVERYBODY in BTB would choose Halo 3 all the time, so this is why a separate playlist was created for this game.
Yes, and a lot of peoplw would quit when it loaded another game than Halo 3.
Could we please have BR starts in all Halo 3 btb modes? We are still getting AR starts in certain gametypes.

Would it be possible to also add "heavy" variants back into Halo 3 btb? Such as Standoff, Avalanche, Valhalla and Sandtrap.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 classic(Can apply to all titles as well.)
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The ability to change teams when in a custom game. Last time I checked this still couldn’t be done, it makes playing h2c zombies impossible and just general team balancing hard.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
First of i wanted to say thank yall so much for everything yall are doing to make halo great again. Ever since the updates yall have improved the game way more than it has when it first got released. I do want to mention that there are still a lot of players that quit session whenever they are losing or idle. If yall can please make it where we can join any games in session even if the match is almost done. That way we can have random players jump in and try to balance out the team in case a team is short handed or have idle players. Also having the option to boot idle players would be nice as well to have in near future. I believe this solution should resolve any future unbalances in the matches and make it more fun for those who are losing and have a chance to make a comeback. Just something to consider. Thank yall for taking the time to read our feedbacks. Yall are doing awesome! keep up the good work
Still getting bloodshots and lag. Snipers in doubles sucks.
What happened to map voting and being able to party up players from previous games?
Voting was removed in the initial retail update a few months back
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update
Quote:
The MCC community has given lots of feedback over the years that the original voting system that was used to determine the game/map offerings for Matchmaking wasn’t ideal and made it challenging for players to play what they wanted, when they wanted. With this update, most Matchmaking Playlists have been broken up into per-game offerings, ensuring you can enjoy Halo 3 BTB all day long or stick with Halo 4 Team Arena if that’s your preference. MCC also now offers continuous Matchmaking so once a game ends, players will be able to get right back in the action quickly and conveniently.
Still getting bloodshots and lag. Snipers in doubles sucks.
The did mention this in the last update:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-september-update
Quote:
“Blood Shots” in Halo 2/3Weapon/Projectile effects are largely client-side. Shots are executed on a server level and don’t always mirror what is done client side. Had a shot from a sniper rifle executed on the server exactly as it did on a client, what you see is what would happen. However, this isn’t always the case and when it doesn’t match, blood shots come into play. Things diverge with network conditions and clients using a different random seed than the host, which causes the calculated random error angle to be different and makes a precise sniper shot not be so precise when computed by the server. We are continuing to investigate this and identify areas of improvement to reduce blood shots.
Apoll0 wrote:
Match Composer:- Change "4 Player", "8 Player" etc team size descriptions to be "2v2" or "4v4", or include that in parenthesis
- Half the options that are mentioned in the 4v4 player count section of the selection matrix shown in the blog post are not visible. Like the page is supposed to scroll down but doesn't? Standard gametypes like CTF, Assault and KotH were missing as options. I tried setting that player count with all games selected, only Halo 2 and only Halo 3 and none of the gametype options changed.
Please leave your match composer feedback in the dedicated Match composer thread.

Thank you!
TF Jay x wrote:
Could we please have BR starts in all Halo 3 btb modes? We are still getting AR starts in certain gametypes.

Would it be possible to also add "heavy" variants back into Halo 3 btb? Such as Standoff, Avalanche, Valhalla and Sandtrap.
Do you have a specific map/gametype that this is happening for?

Thank you!
Every game on gaurdian for Halo 3 dubs has been snipers. It's a waste of the best map. Up the play percentage of Slayer gaurdian and cold storage. The best maps are sadly the rarest
Deleted my insider a couple of weeks ago.
Has the corruption issue been fixed and is it still recommended to not use it to be on the safe side?
I just want to thank you guys for making this match composer. The only thing i want is to play infection and it is finally coming back. I hung up my helmet over a month ago because of the initial update, but now it looks like im back in the fight. Thank you
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 24