Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 24
Where is SWAT?!? cant believe SWAT was taken out of matchmaking, it was by far my favorite game mode and one of the reasons I've kept coming back to this game all these years!! Please, bring back SWAT!!
stckrboy wrote:
Is this an issue that's being worked on? I do think there is a problem with shots not registering the way they did on the 360 version of H3.
It has been touched on a few times, managed to track down this quite from Postums that helps to explain their stance on things right now: [from Postums Discord server]
Quote:
Hey @everyone,

I have discussed in detail with the engineers and artists on the team today about the "increased speed of aiming" and/or "Twitch" players have been discussing with the team today. As well, they have previously conducted internal investigations this week in regards to players who are discussing the aiming in the Insider being more twitchy compared to retail MCC. We can definitively say that we have made no adjustments whatsoever to the speed at which aiming works. But, we believe that there are some key changes that have happened to the title in our updating process that is causing this feeling.
  • If comparing from the 360 to Xbox One - this is due to the controllers capabilities and nuances of how the joysticks work is entirely different.
  • If comparing Retail MCC to Insider there are several reason - Dedicated servers, general performance improvements, network improvements, and many other bug fixes in all of the titles that is helping to improve the games performance all up.
There has been No fundamental changes have been made to aiming from MCC Retail to MCC Insider. If you still feel that this is an issue, we will need more information. We need some sort of tangible piece of data that we can use to investigate these reports. Video frame-by-frame analysis, a breakdown of what it is you believe is happening, what controllers you are using, and the various control schemes/speed settings you have on.

Cheers, Postums
Games are not consistently running on dedicated servers...
Where is SWAT?!? cant believe SWAT was taken out of matchmaking, it was by far my favorite game mode and one of the reasons I've kept coming back to this game all these years!! Please, bring back SWAT!!
been talking about this since the big update. Shame swat is still no where too be found accept on a rotational basis. Please bring permanent halo 3 and 4 swat playlists back!
Unvanished wrote:
All games now run on dedicated servers
Both Big team battles have not been working at all the past couple of days for me. It will sit at searching for players and it's like the game isn't even attempting to find players. Never used to have this issue. In Ontario, Canada btw.
SUNYY90 wrote:
Still ZERO games in ranked matchmaking for Oceanic and Asia. Its over folks. MCC multiplayer is only North Americans.
I can confirm that there are many games being played by those from the regions you listed.

Question: what playlist and at what time are you searching?

This may be a population issue based on time OR you could be searching in non-social playlists with a very high ping to populated servers. Competitive (ranked) games have ping restrictions still in place to help prevent high latency matches in ranked play. Social playlists however when searched allow for players to connect to servers that are more populated but offer the best latency.
Fictim wrote:
Something small and easy to fix. the game type menu is in a random order, my OCD kills me every time I log on. It would be better if maybe it went from H1->H2 ->H3->H4 playlists. instead in literally is H3 lonewolves->H4 Arena->H3 Arena->h2A Team Arena etc. There should be some Numerical order to the Playlists. Hopefully this makes sense.
The playlists are ordered in a specific way for design reasons. The ordering may appear random based on not being sequential, but is intentional.
SUNYY90 wrote:
Postums wrote:
SUNYY90 wrote:
Still ZERO games in ranked matchmaking for Oceanic and Asia. Its over folks. MCC multiplayer is only North Americans.
Where are you from and which playlist are you searching? I've heard from many players that after the 9/20 update a lot are now able to match without issues across multiple playlists.
ALL playlists. And its Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Im not exaggerating in any way. Its the same issue since the 2 updates dropped. My connection is 100% a ok with less than 40 ping as well. The only way Ive been able to get games is using a VPN. And Im not sure who you have spoken to but majority of the players here cant get games. This problem has also reached Halo 5 by the way.
Just got to this one. I am in a discord with ANZ players who all have called out that they are able to match. Not all the time as sometimes it is indeed population not being high. But they are indeed able to match.
Ryrishh wrote:
Fix region lock, I have been searching for over an hour in H3 Arena by myself and haven't found a single player yet. I've restarted my game and Xbox several times, I'm not idling my controller, my friend also had the same problem so he partied up with a guy from the US and they have been finding games back to back.

The games population is already low enough without the need for extra restrictions like this.
Latency restrictions are currently in place for ranked playlists to help create more competitive matches. If you want to increase your likliehood of matching - please search social playlists as they have different rule sets.
Appetight wrote:
MCC Halo Game: Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary:
Ever since the previous patch me and my friends have been experiencing a frame rate loss? at least that's what it feels like I don't know if it is a connection thing as it seems to differ in severity between matches but sometimes it makes the match unplayable.
It sounds like this MP - what console video output settings are you using?
LarsBars wrote:
Quote:
MCC September Update - 9/20/2018
  • "Adding updated CTF variant for Blood Gulch"
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: Blood Gulch is entirely removed from Halo CE Team Arena playlist.
  • REPRO STEPS:
  1. Check the current playlists for Blood Gulch
  2. Note that Blood Gulch has been completely removed from Halo CE Team Arena playlist
  3. Note that Blood Gulch has also been removed from Team Snipers and is now only present in the social Big Team Battle playlist.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO:
  • The Blood Gulch CTF addition (quoted above) was announced in the notes, but missing from the playlist, in the 09/20/2018 update.
  • This was not fixed in the 10/03/2018 update.
  • This was not fixed on the 10/10/2018 update.
Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to pass this onto the team.
Can't find any games in the MCC Insider
I would love for some transparency and communication as to how many servers are provided for us to play on .This is the apparent problem with most latency issues.
To see what server locations are available, simply open the network settings tab in game. The number of server allocations at a given time scales with need. A lack of servers to use is not a reality. Location plays an impact on this as well as the latency of those attempting to connect to them.
Both Big team battles have not been working at all the past couple of days for me. It will sit at searching for players and it's like the game isn't even attempting to find players. Never used to have this issue. In Ontario, Canada btw.
I played several BTB games this morning on the full retail build, but match times were long. Seattle, WA area. One time I matched for so long that I got up to make coffee and it kicked me out of matchmaking for being idle.
C0SMUFC wrote:
JumpySoul wrote:
Please add the option to select dedicated servers . I want to play on European servers only.
I really doubt we are on dedicated servers, I have so many games where I can't kill a one shot, Americans have great advantage can three shot me across the map
I have a fibre connection so my inter
Net ain't the problem
  1. Dedicated Servers are Present for all matchmade games
  2. No matter what your upload and download speeds are network latency exists the further you are sending and receiving packets from.
Having a fiber connection that is, let's say, 1 GB up/down does not make up for the physical distance between you and the dedicated server. It takes time for packets to be sent from client to server and back again which result in network latency. The closer you are to a server - the better your latency will be regardless of which one you connect to and improve your in game experience.

If you are located in Europe and playing on a NA dedicated server - you will have increased network latency due to the distance the data must travel to and from the server. This is a possibility that can happen with how matchmaking rules have been changed since the August and September updates that added dedicated servers and adjusted latency rules. The rule changes was altered to be more relaxed in social matchmaking to allow players who couldn't match due to higher latency in matchmaking. These rules only impact social for the time being however.

But back to the point, you could have 100GB down and 100GB up and the fact of the matter is that network latency no matter what will exist. Up/Down is only the size of the pipe. Think of network latency as the length of the pipe. This is a FACT that is true for any and every networked device that transmits data via the internet. The farther you are physically from a server location will increase your network latency. Not to mention time of day, traffic on the routing path, and many more possible areas of impact on data transfer.

Cheers,
Postums
But did you see the part where they said they wanted to choose the server region they play on?
I would like to say thanks for all the hard work on the MCC, and especially the multiplayer front! I love almost everything thing you guys have done for it. My only feedback is that I don’t think making Halo 3 Big Team it’s own playlist was a great idea. I understand that people were vocal about that all being people voted for in old MCC, but now that we don’t even have the option to vote (which I don’t mind), I think there’s no reason to put Halo 3 by itself. It would be randomly selected just like every other Halo, and I think the Big Team Battle playlist is best when all Halos are present. This way every player is on there toes and don’t know which Halo to expect going into a match!
When Match Composer is released - social playlists will be removed entirely. Players will be able to build their own experience in matchmaking for BTB as well as other game types they want to play.

If you want to search for Halo 3 and other games in BTB, you will have the option to build that playlist how you see fit for your social experience.
Deleted my insider a couple of weeks ago.
Has the corruption issue been fixed and is it still recommended to not use it to be on the safe side?
Corruption has all but been eliminated. There is still a very small chance it can happen. If you want to use custom installation, I would recommend it.
My rank in H3 team arena is only 32, but I still get matched against a team of soon to be 50's (they were 48, 49 and 50). I get that it is a problem with the population, but in all the games I played against them (ca. 8 today) my teammates and I got utterly beaten in every game.

No matter how well my teammates and I played, we could not get more than 20 kills. And in objective games they just spawn killed us until the time ran out. Getting fair games is way harder when teams of 3 does not match teams of 3.

There really is no point in playing when the teams are so unfair, so what do you propose I should do? Quit in the beginning, so I can find a game while they win? Be afk? Or perhaps run to the middle of the map without shooting, so they can kill us faster so the game doesn't take very long?

Even though it is a problem with the population, I would prefer Team Arena to be like the Bungie's Halo 3 team slayer.
Unvanished wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
All Matchmade games are running on dedicated servers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 24