Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Multiplayer Feedback - October

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 24
Postums wrote:
I would love for some transparency and communication as to how many servers are provided for us to play on .This is the apparent problem with most latency issues.
To see what server locations are available, simply open the network settings tab in game. The number of server allocations at a given time scales with need. A lack of servers to use is not a reality. Location plays an impact on this as well as the latency of those attempting to connect to them.
Thank you, for clarifying! What is the process on determining what server is chosen? Is it based on the median sever location? I know they question doesnt really make sense for large groups, but I predominately play doubles. Also thank you again for bringing bag h3 dubs, it's the main reason I play Halo.
Postums wrote:
TF Jay x wrote:
Could we please have BR starts in all Halo 3 btb modes? We are still getting AR starts in certain gametypes.

Would it be possible to also add "heavy" variants back into Halo 3 btb? Such as Standoff, Avalanche, Valhalla and Sandtrap.
Do you have a specific map/gametype that this is happening for?

Thank you!
Sandbox King of the Hill last time I played it, it was happening across all King of the Hill gametypes.
Postums wrote:
I would love for some transparency and communication as to how many servers are provided for us to play on .This is the apparent problem with most latency issues.
To see what server locations are available, simply open the network settings tab in game. The number of server allocations at a given time scales with need. A lack of servers to use is not a reality. Location plays an impact on this as well as the latency of those attempting to connect to them.
Thank you, for clarifying! What is the process on determining what server is chosen? Is it based on the median sever location? I know they question doesnt really make sense for large groups, but I predominately play doubles. Also thank you again for bringing bag h3 dubs, it's the main reason I play Halo.
I'm not sure of the exact process of how a server is chosen, but I know it takes latency of the group into account when selecting a dedicated server to place people on at time for the group of players entering a match. I don't have full details on all of the network programming code used to determine this full process. Might be something I can look into having broken down in a future blog though.
I would just like to say that I wish FFA was available for all games(yes, including H4), not just for H3. Especially HCE and H2C. Preferably with Pistol/AR, BR/SMG, and BR/AR starting loadouts for each respective game. Also, while I can deal with 8 player FFA, I would prefer 6 player FFA instead. It is a bit less chaotic.

The near complete lack of FFA support in MCC right now is extremely disappointing, and I don't want to always play only H3. I started with FFA LAN parties for the first two games, especially H2C, and I have been waiting since launch to relive thise memories online. H3 Lone Wolves and H4 FFA were fun back in the day as well.

I hope that all games either get an FFA playlist at some point (unlikely), or more importantly, that FFA for all games can become an option for the upcoming Match Composer in the future.

And no, Infection doesn't count towards this, at all, IMO.
I don't believe Braaaains should be a gametype on larger Halo 3 maps in infection. Speed Demons is the intended gametype for them.
Can't find any games in the MCC Insider
You will want to search during the dedicated play sessions for your best chance at finding matches when population is higher.

>>>Full MCC Insider schedule <<<
Oct 19-21, 10AM PDT – 1:00PM PDT, 6PM – 9PM PDT
Oct 26-28, 10AM PDT – 1:00PM PDT, 6PM – 9PM PDT

Cheers,
Postums
So I saw the list of all the playlists ranked from most-least played. H3 lone wolves ffa is at the bottom. There really needs to be a ranked ffa that is more than halo 3, it has been asked for so many times by many people. A lot of people don’t want to play just halo 3 ffa especially if it’s unranked, which shows because it is near the bottom of the list for playtime. Please remove h3 lone wolves and add in ranked ffa that includes multiple titles, we’ve been asking for awhile now.
Thanks!
The fact that any profile can only have 50 Custom Game Types and 50 Custom Maps is still forcing me and many of my friends to avoid this game and play Reach. Why? Because in Reach we can forge and be creative, and unlike Halo 4 and 5 reach doesn't have any "enhanced" mobility, and Reach still has an active community, small, but active. My friends and I love the updates so far and are very excited for more, and we will check it out with subsequent updates, but until that map limit is changed, my friends and I just can't have much fun in this game. To give you an idea of how limiting 50 maps is, on Forge Island alone back on the Xbox 360 version of Halo 4 I had over 300 map variants, just on that one map. I really hope you guys fix this, and I do have faith in you.
Okay so I played a total of like 15 infection matches not a single one of them was Halo 4 it was all Halo 3 and 2 you guys really need to work on not playing the same map or game over Andover and over again annoying
Spartan Ops, episode KEY. Chapter HAMMER stops in middle of game over and over again, tried many times go through the chapter, do not work.
Reported problem in insider hub many times, and here in this forum! did not get any help at all. Appreciate this problem be solved for once so i can finish Spartan Ops, Legendary!
Tried again to day, did not work!
Thank you!
The multiplayer needs a better matchmaking system. I keep getting put in matches with people nowhere near my skill level (usually higher, but just got put in a match where my team won 50-0) and it is really unfair to the players on the receiving end. It is really strenuous. I never get put in an actually good match like I used to be put in in Halo 4. Even Halo 5 has this problem, but nowhere near as bad as it is in this game. Also, the multiplayer needs a rewards and rank up system. All armors shoudnt be unlocked straight from the get go; it takes all the fun out of it. For example, make the flaming head for Halo 3 aquired by beating the game on Legendary. The rank up system should be like Halo 4, or something along the lines. There just isn't a need nor want to play multiplayer in this game, which is really sad. The ranking doesn't give you any reasons.
H4 ranking system or lack of sucks, 1-50 is what halo needs!
Okay so I played a total of like 15 infection matches not a single one of them was Halo 4 it was all Halo 3 and 2 you guys really need to work on not playing the same map or game over Andover and over again annoying
I played a lot of H4. You might just be getting an unlucky map selection.
Have we yet addressed the hit detection being way off for halo CE? I’ll have guys not moving and I’ll empty a full clip and won’t get a single shot to register. It is absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea how this got passed quality control.

And can we still not mute mute players breathing in their mics??
Have we yet addressed the hit detection being way off for halo CE? I’ll have guys not moving and I’ll empty a full clip and won’t get a single shot to register. It is absolutely unbelievable. I have no idea how this got passed quality control.

And can we still not mute mute players breathing in their mics??
I frequently have this issue when playing CE. For one, my movement feels restricted even though i've maxed it out at 10. And then like you mention, I can get off several shots on a player when they have their back turned and it's like i never hit them. This even happens when trying to assassinate players occasionally. It's possible it could be my network, but I don't think it is. I have a more than capable network with no issues of lag/latency. And it only happens in CE, not Halo 2, 3, and 4. So it's definitely a CE issue. Makes me frustrated quite a bit at times.
Halo Game : All
  • Hit registration - it is as bad as I’ve ever seen it . I bought an Xbox one in September after taking a hiatus from Xbox since 2015 I am 100% regretting the purchase I pay money for an unplayable experience
  • Hit registration - it is as bad as I’ve ever seen it . I bought an Xbox one in September after taking a hiatus from Xbox since 2015 I am 100% regretting the purchase I pay money for an unplayable experience
This has been been touched on a few times by 343, managed to track down this quite from Postums that helps to explain their stance on things right now: [from Postums Discord server]
Quote:
Hey @everyone,I have discussed in detail with the engineers and artists on the team today about the "increased speed of aiming" and/or "Twitch" players have been discussing with the team today. As well, they have previously conducted internal investigations this week in regards to players who are discussing the aiming in the Insider being more twitchy compared to retail MCC. We can definitively say that we have made no adjustments whatsoever to the speed at which aiming works. But, we believe that there are some key changes that have happened to the title in our updating process that is causing this feeling.
  • If comparing from the 360 to Xbox One - this is due to the controllers capabilities and nuances of how the joysticks work is entirely different.
  • If comparing Retail MCC to Insider there are several reason - Dedicated servers, general performance improvements, network improvements, and many other bug fixes in all of the titles that is helping to improve the games performance all up.
There has been No fundamental changes have been made to aiming from MCC Retail to MCC Insider. If you still feel that this is an issue, we will need more information. We need some sort of tangible piece of data that we can use to investigate these reports. Video frame-by-frame analysis, a breakdown of what it is you believe is happening, what controllers you are using, and the various control schemes/speed settings you have on.Cheers, Postums
Playlist: Halo 3 Team Doubles
Issue: AR missing as secondary weapon in Team Slayer

First of all, it is awesome that we have no more Team-ARs but a BR in every gametype. That is fantastic.

But the AR is missing as secondary weapon:
1. No possibility to use the AR to blame sword/shotgun-people. It just takes too long with the BR on closerange. This can be so frustrating especially on Blackout or Epilogue if you do not have a closerange-weapon.
2. No possibility to change weapon instead of reloading when you run out of ammo and the enemy is close to death.
3. It makes no sence to me that in Slayer it is BR-only and in Objectives it is BR/AR-Start.
4. just for understanding: I do NOT want to have Team-ARs back. I just want the AR to be in every game as the secondary weapon besides the BR.

People are just used to have the AR as secondary. Having no AR makes Team Doubles so weird.
Postums wrote:
Appetight wrote:
MCC Halo Game: Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary:
Ever since the previous patch me and my friends have been experiencing a frame rate loss? at least that's what it feels like I don't know if it is a connection thing as it seems to differ in severity between matches but sometimes it makes the match unplayable.
It sounds like this MP - what console video output settings are you using?
Resolution: 1080p.
Video modes: Allow 50Hz and Allow 24Hz are both checked.
Video fidelity & Overscan : Override: Auto - detect, Color Depth: 24 bit per pixel, Color space: Standard
CHUNKXILLA wrote:
Please make CE Team Arena ranked! I strictly play CE and H2A. Also, a CE BTB playlist would be amazing as CE easily had the best BTB maps of them all IMO. We need more Timberland and Death Island in our lives (us Halo CE PC vets are out there ;D). Thanks for listening.
This. I miss being able to play CE PC like back in the day. Since I got MCC i have not really had the opportunity to play Halo how I experienced it like when I was younger. Big teams on great maps. Sniper battles on the hills of Timberland, battle for the hill on Blood Gulch, fighting in the dark tunnels of Danger Canyon, battle for the bridge on Ice Fields. I just want to start a playlist and be able to play that game over and over again. Yeah we can play those maps in the BTB playlist but its a bummer because after the game ends you don't know when you will get another CE map. And the settings are kinda off. Use the CAL league and TWL ladder settings would be great. No Radar, CTF and Assault CTF with no crazy amounts of banshees and tanks. That is all I wanted to share. Thank you 343 for all your hard work on the game.
We must be the same person... that’s EXACTLY what I’m thinking! I played Halo PC back on my laptop as a young little kid back in the early 2000’s too. It’s heavily populated by the way, possibly even moreso. I played it last month. More CE love needed <3
stckrboy wrote:
This has been been touched on a few times by 343, managed to track down this quite from Postums that helps to explain their stance on things right now: [from Postums Discord server]
Quote:
Hey @everyone,I have discussed in detail with the engineers and artists on the team today about the "increased speed of aiming" and/or "Twitch" players have been discussing with the team today. As well, they have previously conducted internal investigations this week in regards to players who are discussing the aiming in the Insider being more twitchy compared to retail MCC. We can definitively say that we have made no adjustments whatsoever to the speed at which aiming works. But, we believe that there are some key changes that have happened to the title in our updating process that is causing this feeling.
  • If comparing from the 360 to Xbox One - this is due to the controllers capabilities and nuances of how the joysticks work is entirely different.
  • If comparing Retail MCC to Insider there are several reason - Dedicated servers, general performance improvements, network improvements, and many other bug fixes in all of the titles that is helping to improve the games performance all up.
There has been No fundamental changes have been made to aiming from MCC Retail to MCC Insider. If you still feel that this is an issue, we will need more information. We need some sort of tangible piece of data that we can use to investigate these reports. Video frame-by-frame analysis, a breakdown of what it is you believe is happening, what controllers you are using, and the various control schemes/speed settings you have on.Cheers, Postums
With all due respect, this post explains nothing and basically just fobs the issue off.
The hit/shot recognition is absolutely terrible on H3, there is simply no way to deny it.
And if things weren't bad enough, we now get matched with teams of level ~50, which basically ruins the game for anyone level 30-40.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 24